Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,761 members, 7,802,322 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland (11593 Views)

Modern Wall Painting Ideas/thank You Nairaland / Please Don't Pay Your BEDC Bill With Your Card On Thier Website / Read And Thank Me Later Investment Is The Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by gaby(m): 10:22am On Jan 15, 2019
Beautiful and commendable.

Shows there is still hope in our polity.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by luluosas(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2019
I think I will follow suit ooooooooo. These criminals need to be dealt with full force
okomogo:
About a year ago I read a post about a guy that complained to NERC about his outrageous bill and after consistent follow up he was even given a Prepaid meter and his bills wiped out completely.

Few days later I scanned all my estimated bills and forwarded it to the NERC but copied BEDC.

In two days I got a message to fromto contact the Asaba unit of the NERC, when I did , a young man called me and was asking for a proof that I have complained to BEDC before contacting them. I told him most of my complaints were verbal and I don't have any written proof. He rubbished me and told me to go get my facts right.

I didn't give up, I contacted Benin again, this time I got a better response. NERC gave BEDC a ten days ultimatum to resolve my issue. Two days later I got a call that someone from BEDC is coming to my apparent to do a load check. I agreed and in three days the man arrived and did his check. My load calculation were not done right there but I was just made to sign the no of electric consuming properties found in my house.

Weeks passed, months and I didn't hear anything from BEDC. I resumed my email service, this time straight to Abuja and I didn't even get a response. I was patient and I continued sending Mail as reminder.

After almost one year I just got my bill wiped off. Bill arrears of over 98k wiped off, infact we have a negative bill as I'm talking to you.

Thank you nairaland for the information.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by BabaO2: 10:29am On Jan 15, 2019
okomogo:
About a year ago I read a post about a guy that complained to NERC about his outrageous bill and after consistent follow up he was even given a Prepaid meter and his bills wiped out completely.

Few days later I scanned all my estimated bills and forwarded it to the NERC but copied BEDC.

In two days I got a message to fromto contact the Asaba unit of the NERC, when I did , a young man called me and was asking for a proof that I have complained to BEDC before contacting them. I told him most of my complaints were verbal and I don't have any written proof. He rubbished me and told me to go get my facts right.

I didn't give up, I contacted Benin again, this time I got a better response. NERC gave BEDC a ten days ultimatum to resolve my issue. Two days later I got a call that someone from BEDC is coming to my apparent to do a load check. I agreed and in three days the man arrived and did his check. My load calculation were not done right there but I was just made to sign the no of electric consuming properties found in my house.

Weeks passed, months and I didn't hear anything from BEDC. I resumed my email service, this time straight to Abuja and I didn't even get a response. I was patient and I continued sending Mail as reminder.

After almost one year I just got my bill wiped off. Bill arrears of over 98k wiped off, infact we have a negative bill as I'm talking to you.

Share the Abuja email
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by GetMeRight: 10:30am On Jan 15, 2019
okomogo:

Nice one. Anytime I have complain with IBEDC, I would just mail them at their Ibadan headquarters. Either they resolve my complaint online or forward it and my phone number to Osogbo Office. It very simple if you know how to go about it
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by madridguy(m): 10:31am On Jan 15, 2019
Bookmarked
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Conqueror89: 10:32am On Jan 15, 2019
@op

Pls can you help with the email address?
Ikeja electric(Gowon estate axis) here in lagos are something else. I was been billed about 11k from the usaul 5k i use to pay which I complained about that it was too much. Early last year this guys just decided to give me a new year present by showing up with another outrageous bill of about #23 300 and told me that is what I
have to be paying. I told them to come and check what we are using in the house or present me with a prepaid meter but they refused to do that too. when I mention that I will report them to higher authority they panicked and said I should go and pay the last bill they brought yesterday that they will do something about it which I know is a lie.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by OmniSparrow: 10:34am On Jan 15, 2019
okomogo:

Shey your body de ok now? PM make we relate.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by OgaBuhari: 10:38am On Jan 15, 2019
Hotfreezer:
Lala
Seun
Obi. noscopy
Do. minique
Lawyer
Buhari
And

Sanwo-olu

Please carry this thread to the Next level. A lot of people would be interested.

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Hotfreezer: 10:40am On Jan 15, 2019
OgaBuhari:

Greet your daddy for me.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by glamour4me: 10:41am On Jan 15, 2019
I have similar issue. Please share with the contact email address to forward my complain to.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by OgaBuhari: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Greet your daddy for me.
Tinubu ass licker.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Toseenlove: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2019
pyrex23:
We'll get there someday..

By Year 3019 Hopefully.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Hotfreezer: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2019
OgaBuhari:
Tinubu ass licker.

You are mistaking me for your father.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by OILOFGLADNESS: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2019
okomogo:

PLEASE HELP ME ON HOW TO RESCUE MYSELF

MINE IS WORST!

I rented a new house, 3 months no light was connected to the apartment, later the Landlord said the former occupant in the house was owning almost 180k and that NEPA wont connect light until this is paid. HE PAID 100k and ASKED us to pay 80k , if not we wont have light, i restricted, but other tenants had to pay and connected the light and finally termed me a debtor because i refuse to pay. Then My greatest surprise was that there was no meter both analog and digital, NO meter at all. I went to the district my self and inquired, they said that is what was approved, i requested for a prepaid meter for myself, He said that i should pay 70k. i left with all disappointment.

MY Greatest surprise was that the first bill was above 30k , i wondered why and how they read the bill, and there wasnt anyone that came in to shake the units .

Uptill now we pay nepa bill of what we did not consume, no meter, plus almost 10k each flat paid on the alleged claimed debt by the former occupant of the demolished house.

Please help me

I WILL FOLLOW UP, UNTILL I SEE A GUIDANCE TO OPEN A CASE.

THANKS

I NEED EMAIL ADDRESSES, PHONE NUMBERS ETC. THE AREA IS EKEDP( EKO ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION )
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by chukwugoziegi: 10:44am On Jan 15, 2019
Currently having the same issue. Was told to exercise patience while it is reviewed and readjusted. Although I haven't gone to NERC just Ikeja Disco.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by lilangelapc: 10:52am On Jan 15, 2019
Thanks to PMB
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Printerscanner: 11:02am On Jan 15, 2019
fatymore:
Why should we hail buhari...

Maybe we should thank PDP, Obasanjo, Atiku and Goatluck that sold NEPA to themselves, their friends and family. PDP created the mess by selling all the companies that our founding fathers established, now Buhari is cleaning the mess and you are still bitter. You need to see a psychiatrist.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by jcpremiere(m): 11:05am On Jan 15, 2019
okomogo:

power of consistency!

1 Like

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by okomogo(m): 11:09am On Jan 15, 2019
OILOFGLADNESS:

MINE IS WORST!

I rented a new house, 3 months no light was connected to the apartment, later the Landlord said the former occupant in the house was owning almost 180k and that NEPA wont connect light until this is paid. HE PAID 100k and ASKED us to pay 80k , if not we wont have light, i restricted, but other tenants had to pay and connected the light and finally termed me a debtor because i refuse to pay. Then My greatest surprise was that there was no meter both analog and digital, NO meter at all. I went to the district my self and inquired, they said that is what was approved, i requested for a prepaid meter for myself, He said that i should pay 70k. i left with all disappointment.

MY Greatest surprise was that the first bill was above 30k , i wondered why and how they read the bill, and there wasnt anyone that came in to shake the units .

Uptill now we pay nepa bill of what we did not consume, no meter, plus almost 10k each flat paid on the alleged claimed debt by the former occupant of the demolished house.

Please help me

THANKS

I NEED EMAIL ADDRESSES, PHONE NUMBERS ETC. THE AREA IS EKEDP( EKO ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION )

Do you have a paper bill sent to you or how do you pay? If you have a paper bill, somewhere in your bill you will see the NERC forum email address or simply google it. But before you contact them, you have to contact the customer service of your distribution company forum EKDC.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by NoToPile: 11:09am On Jan 15, 2019
Those ekedc are one another level of estimated billing.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by okomogo(m): 11:13am On Jan 15, 2019
lilangelapc:
Thanks to PMB
Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent regulatory body with authority for the regulation of the electric power industry in Nigeria. NERC was formed in 2005 under the Obasanjo administration’s economic reform agenda through the Electric Power Sector Reform Act, 2005 for formation and review of electricity tariffs, transparent policies regarding subsidies, promotion of policies that are efficient and environmentally friendly, and also including forming and enforcing of standards in the creation and use of electricity in Nigeria. NERC was instituted primarily to regulate the tariff of Power Generating companies owned or controlled by the government, and any other generating company which has a license for power generation and transmission of energy, and distribution of electricity. THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING INDEPENDENTLY EVEN UNDER GEJ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by awuf2008: 11:13am On Jan 15, 2019
engrtee:
That us good oooo, NERC is working, hail buhari

NERC has been working before Buhari came, so kudos to past administration.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by mechanics(m): 11:16am On Jan 15, 2019
Better still get prepaid meter.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by okomogo(m): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2019
BabaO2:

Share the Abuja email
For The benefit of everyone you can contact any forum office close to you first before contacting the Abuja forum, that is if the one close to you is not able to handle the issue. this is the link to all the NERC forum.
http://www.nercng.org/index.php/contact/forum-offices

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by phemolala07(m): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2019
GetMeRight:

Nice one. Anytime I have complain with IBEDC, I would just mail them at their Ibadan headquarters. Either they resolve my complaint online or forward it and my phone number to Osogbo Office. It very simple if you know how to go about it
Pls I need IBEDC mail address(ibadan headquarters)
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by GetMeRight: 11:24am On Jan 15, 2019
phemolala07:

Pls I need IBEDC mail address(ibadan headquarters)

customercare@ibedc.com

Tell them your name, location, phone number, meter/account number, scanned documents if available, then your complaint. And frequent reminders.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by okomogo(m): 11:37am On Jan 15, 2019
chukwugoziegi:
Currently having the same issue now. Was told to exercise patient while it is reviewed and readjusted. Although I haven't gone to NERC just Ikeja Disco.
my brother it takes a lot of patience but you will smile at the end. I think Nigerians should know there is still an arm of of the Government that is still working against all odds. Those NERC guys are working compare to other govt agencies. They gave BEDC 10 days to attend to my case and BEDC did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by okomogo(m): 11:38am On Jan 15, 2019
How do I make a complaint?

STEP 1 - DisCOs’ Customer Complaints Units (CCU)
When an electricity Customer wants to make a complaint, the first point of call shall be the Customer Complaints Unit (CCU) of the Distribution Company responsible for supplying electricity to the area.
Contact Your DisCo

STEP 2 - NERC Consumer Forum

STEP 3 - NERC

The Customer Complaints redress mechanism of the Commission is governed by the following:

1. Customer Service Standards of Performance for Distribution Companies
2. Customer Complaints Handling Standards & Procedures
3. Connection & Disconnection procedures for Electricity Services
4. Meter Reading, Cash Collections & Credit Management for Electricity supply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by gidzbobby: 11:39am On Jan 15, 2019
okomogo:

Op, ur own is good na. we have been sending mails and copying Nerc... Eko Electricity Distribution is just worst. Those using Ikeja Electricity Distribution are the ones enjoying. Cus weda u send mail or not, they will gv u prepaid metres. We even went as far as goin to Marina to make complaints, nothing come out. If there's a special way you did yours, pls kindly tell me. I beg you, cause d level wey I dey now, I don't think patience will sign another contract with me.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by tabithababy(f): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2019
OILOFGLADNESS:

MINE IS WORST!

Please help me

THANKS

Eeyah

Great mistake embarassed

When next you are renting a house in Lagos,make sure they have a meter , no live in landlord, no church or mosque beside it cheesy

1 Like

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by OILOFGLADNESS: 11:53am On Jan 15, 2019
okomogo:

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 15, 2019
What’s the difference between NERC and PHCN and which is more superior?

Also, what are their individual job functions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Sale Land Measuring 550sqm at Milk & Honey Estate Lugbe, Abuja 09058818181 / This Place Beats My Imagination A Trip To Lekki Phase 2 / Own A Developed Plot Of Land In An Estate With C Of O (Pics Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.