Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

The Outcast - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Outcast (1864 Views)

Benue Bled After Been Raped : she Is An Outcast ==her Sister In The East / The Outcast By Alexander Busybrain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
THE OUTCAST - EPISODE 1
Written by Amah

My name is Mbazi.. I'm the first born of my Pah.. Pah means father in my tribe, We are three brothers and a sister, Zila. This story is not just about me but mainly about my only sister Zila,

my father had three sons, and a daughter , We are the four children of Mukattabaziela, My father's name is strange and long.. According to him.. his name means root of a tree, which literally stand for a great man.. He was well known in my tribe as a man of wisdom.. He is one of the clan chief. People find it difficult to pronounce his name.. Some settled with calling him Pah..

This are the names of my father's children, me, being the first, Mbazi, Mekah, Muke and Zila,

The only sister I had was a twin to Muke..The last son of my Pah, Zila, as we all fondly call her was the pride of our home.. She was the beautiful flower that welcomes the sun with a smile.. But later the flower was plugged off even before the rising of the sun..

So many things I want to talk about.. I wasn't there when most of the things I want to talk about happened but I was told..

Zila was an outcast.. Because she's a twin to a boy.. is not generally acceptable in my clan.. A girl being born with a boy at the same time was an abomination and father been a clan chief has to live by example..

Pregnant women always pray that they don't give birth to a boy and girl as twin, because they couldn't bear to watch their female children thrown off to be devoured by animals, Either 2boys or 2girls. Or just one, Male or female. Because if the girl is born with a boy together as twins she will be mark as an outcast thereby thrown to the deep wood to be devoured by hungry animals.

The boys are kept while the girls are unlucky, and this bad omen happened to Zila, Because of their general belief that such baby should not be alive or she will bring bad luck to all the clan, they believe Zila was a bad omen.. If such thing happen the land will have to be cleanse just to appease the gods, after the cleansing of the land it will then be prepared for cultivation,

Mother begged father to reason with his people so that their little girl can live.. But father refuse and said he is the clan head.. He came and met the tradition that their forefathers made long before him, He will go one day living the tradition behind for his sons.. Mother was in pain.. She understand Father.. She knows father couldn't do anything because he has joined hand with other tribe Chief and send so many unfortunate baby girls born in this form to the wood because tradition requires it,

baby Zila who was few months old was taken away from mother's arm.. Father was bitter.. He loved mother and hate to see her in pain he also love his little girl.. But the clan men look upto him to see if he will defy the law.. Which he doesn't want to.

Father gave her the name Zila, meaning a beautiful flower, despite he knows she won't live for long,

Before Zila was taken off to be disposed in the wood, where she will become food for the animals.. My Pah stroke her shoulder hard.. And there was a deep mark.. And he said with sadness in his voice ..

" Ooh my sweet Zila, you are the sun covered in darkness.. My beautiful flower, I wish I can change the hand of time, which will enable me go back to the day you were conceived and make you one in the womb of your mother so that you can come into the world alone not with a boy, in that way you won't be termed as an outcast or abomination, how I wish....i wish for many things but i must follow the law as a tribe head...my daughter please come again to me.. In your another world... But alone all by yourself.. Not accomplained by anybody.. So you won't have to be an outcast. I don't know why God gave you to us at this time that the wickedness of men are very high.. "But I can't question Him cos he is God am only human.. He gives and takes". Farewell my daughter....you will always live in my heart...

The men that took Zila went deep into the wood to dropped her, Zila was in a woven basket, Which was decorated with flowers.. I quietly followed behind with Riko my father's servant, whom i was close to.

father was with the men who carried Zila in the woven basket, he wanted to say a final goodbye to his little girl.. Whom he love so much from birth..

Zila never stopped smiling all through the journey to the wood.. Everywhere was quiet except for our footsteps and the sound of the birds, no one is allowed to speak a word all through the sad journey to the wood,

Sometime Zila's laughter will startle everyone, her giggling was so lovely to hear, innocent little zila, she didn't even know the kind of fate that awaits her, she was so beautiful to behold and didn't know what was going on, that this day will be her last, her her last giggling and last laughter, no one will hear of her again, she will not grow up or know what the world holds for her because her fate has being destined , her fate was decided by men who have being long dead and every generation kept to this barbaric law until now it has gotten to father's turn and to his own skin,

Zila's constant giggling begin to soften the heart of some harden men among the group heading to the wood.

they sometime bend to have a glimpse of Zila and then smile back at her. She was lovely.. Some people wish the tradition of trashing the female twin into the deadly forest could stop..

Everyone deserve to have a chance to live.. No one is an abomination cos children are gift from God.

Zila was in her beautiful woven basket and beautiful flowers where placed inside she never stop giggling..

When we finaly got to the wood.. children's bone and skull were scattered around the wood.. It was a dreadful place to be, Father hasn't been there before. The only reason why he was there was because he wanted to say a final goodbye to his daughter.

as they dropped Zila's basket on the ground which was filled up with mites, caterpillars different kinds of ants and dry leaves everywhere, father walked upto where she was.. He knelt down on one knee.. He looked round again.. All he could see was bones of babies, discarded for tradition sake, scattered everywhere.. Baskets just like the one Zila was lying on also was scattered round, he looked troubled and pained, sorrow was marked on his face, he knew he can never forgive himself for being part of such evil, father spoke again...his voice cracking..

" So my little Zila will be gone.. Eaten by some disdainful animal.. And her basket thrown off.. Like the ones here...oh mine.. I wish the power is in my hands to change this barbaric law....

Father raised his head and shut his eyes. Just thinking of animals tearing children off for food.. Makes Pah to become dizzy..

No.."No.. I can't let that happen again.. Pah stammered.. More to himself.. As the men stood watching him and waiting for him to say his final goodbye as he had wanted to do.. So that they can be on their way back.. He took Zila tender hand as tears poured down his face.. Zila held unto him and giggled.. Father tried to pull off.. But her tender hand held his two finger, she held on tight..and look into father eyes.. And she has that look on her face that was like saying "Father Please don't leave me here".

father was becoming too emotional.. I have never seeing father cry or so broken before except now, He thought of innocent children.. Killed all because of stupid belief.. Some of the men that came with him try to encourage him to stand up so that they can leave and put Zila behind like one of those unfortunate happenings... Some of the other tribe men whisper within themselves waiting to see if father will break the law, Riko, my father's servant and two other men came to take father who was bent over to his daughter up,

But father dismissed them.. Father felt ashamed of himself.. For even agreeing to dispose his on child for a tradition That was organized by men.. Probably for their selfish reasons. So many innocent children..has been destroy for same stupid belief.. It got to stop.. It must be abolished.. He will be tagged an infidel.. Law breaker, a weak man, some will even stage war against him but He cared less about what they will say or do.. He is the clan chief.. He will not leave his daughter to be destroyed here in the wood by a hungry animal.. Neither will he allow any other child to be thrown away for the sake of tradition or anything.. He lifted Zila up.. While the tribe men watched

"Am taking my daughter home'. this law, this unlawful sentence, this wicked tradition and ritual has to stop. Every child is a child.. No child is a bad omen.. Children are precious gift from God.. Zila.. My daughter will live. I know i was once part of this, I have agreed severally for a girl child to be disposed, I was foolish, now I understand what it feels like, I understand the pain the mothers and fathers go through as their daughter is taken away from them...i can't do this..i can't .please forgive me, I beg everyone.. Please my people....i can't leave my daughter here... The thought of leaving her here to die will kill me faster than anything... Please my people.

There were murmurs coming from the men present, some disagree and said that it wasn't possible for father to take Zila, father got angry and spoke loudly

Anybody who doesn't agree with me should try and stop me, I'm taking my daughter with me and she will live among her brothers, she will grow up in our tribe, this law is evil and will be abolished, this children did not chose to come to this world on their own, why should we destroy them even before they could have say about their lives.. Go and deal with it if you don't agree with me...or try to stop me..

Some cheered for him.. While some were not happy..

Argument began right there in the wood, some men said father can't change the tribe tradition because he was born into it and he will die leaving it behind, he is the tribe Chief and he has allowed the trashing of the female child since he became a tribe leader, is not possible for him to change it now it has gotten to his turn, he must live by example.

The tribe men refuse to allow father to save his daughter, Zila. But father was determined, is either he take Zila home with him and end such law or they kill him too along side his daughter, he was strong willed person and was ready to face anybody or anything that will stop him from taking his outcast daughter, who was abomination to the clan home..

Culled from www.youngicee.com
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 2

® PG
Written by Amah

Father pulled a great fight with his men on his side and he was able to win through and take Zila home, abolishing the law of trashing the female twin,

Mother couldn't contend her joy of having her child back to her arm.. She praised father for his courage and those who stood up against this forbidden tradition,

Those who were against couldn't have much say because more people stood with father,

Father personally went to the houses of the people that has lost their daughters to tradition, he pleaded with them and begged to be forgiven for being part of such evil and abominable act, he doesn't really know or understand how it feels like until the ball was thrown to him, it was until he was staring at his daughter, how innocent and beautiful she was and never knew what fate awaits her, it was through his own daughter that his eyes opened to understand what it feels like to loose Your Own to tradition made by men who were far gone, since the twin girl was tagged an outcast because of some selfish reasons or unknown reason by the forefathers, men like him, they neither grow horns or ferns, they were probably tribal leaders like him, so they made this law and it has being practised ever since, generation to generation, if anybody breaks this law should be punished by the land or by the gods then he is ready and willing to receive the punishment, let the gods strike him dead or let the land open up and swallow him up for breaking this outcast law against the female twin,

"let them do all they could against us but spare our daughters, they should punish us and spare our innocent daughters, I will be waiting for their equal punishment if there's any but until then i will be in my house watching my daughter grow among her own, men like me made the law long time ago, I broke the law, no more leaving the female twin in the wood to be devoured by wicked animals, no more, it ends from Zila, my daughter, let anything that will come, come to me, I'm not scared of being punish for stopping this.

Muke and Zila bonded together.. And their wasn't any such thing like killing of the female twin child again. Some clan chief were not in support.. And they were looking for all means to strike father for destroying the tradition that was set down by the forefathers..

While some called father a hero.

Zila grew up to be a brave strong girl, she was more wise than her age mate, she's mostly found on her own.. She was to be betrothed to a prince in the neighboring clan once she comes of age,

Zila has heard severally from people how she was an outcast and was taking to the wood until father saved her, she hated the stories because it always scares her whenever she's being told of it,

Despite father stop the killing of the female twin there were tradition father couldn't tamper with, his power was limited to that, he can't save or stop somethings from happening,

there were set of people who are tagged as an outcast in our tribe

There was also a boy Who was banished several years ago.. When Pah was still so traditional.. Before Muke and Zila were born. When mother was still pregnant for Muke and Zila. The boy was just 9years then. His name was Ladi.

Ladi's family were all wiped off by an unknown sickness.. Ladi's uncle claimed that Ladi was the bad child that brought darkness to the land and he needed to be set ablaze.. He need to die, before more people dies. some of the clan chief.. disagree to burn or bury him alive, my pah was among the people who disagree to this barbaric act, instead of killing the little boy they agree to banish him instead.

he was told never to return to the tribe or he will be stoned to death and anybody that comes in contact with him will also be banished, so everybody stayed off the outcast side, his uncle who was Ladi's father's younger brother took over all their properties as Ladi was sent off.

Ladi wasn't just the only outcast in our clan, some of the people who are sent out of the clan for being an outcast created their own clan in the outskirt of the forest, they stayed far off from our clan and never come any close, they feed in Bush animals, fruits and different plants,

We also stay far and are warned never to go close to them or we will become like them, everyone stayed far off the outcast lane

Zila was 12years... She sometime go to the wood alone sometimes with Muke, Mekah and other neighbors kids who like been around, they are always warned not to go deep into the wood .. They should just be where their voices can be hard or can be easily seen.. And should avoid the outcast side of the wood.

One day Zila went alone into the wood.. She sometime does that.. As she walks round the wood.. Taking in the fresh air.. She has always thought off what could be at the other side of the wood. She always wanted to find out.. But they have been thoroughly warned to stay off,

she has decided to check it out,

.. She made sure that no one was following or watching her as she slowly went deep into the wood..

She will hide and see if the stories she was told was real.. If it was true that the outcast communicate with sign language.. They don't talk normal because the gods cursed them , they are horror to look at, has horns and dark reddish eyes.. Long fawns.. This were the stories we were told about the outcast. Zila decided to find out herself

The more she thought of it the more she want to find out herself,

"The outcast. Hmm "What could be on the other side, dangerous men.. Vampires.. They also feed on human flesh, women too.. Very ugly.. Or maybe deadly looking people.. I will like to find out myself...I'm not scared...

As she thought of it fear grip her.. She moved faster.. And even started running down, when she feels she was getting close she slowed down, she wanted to have a full glimpse of them,

she slowed down and moved slowly she must see what they look like or even hear what they sound like

she sneak down the path that's all covered up with thorn bushes.. She was suddenly caught up on a hard rope.. Which wrapped her up and threw her into a hole.. She screamed.. She kept screaming for help.. Darkness surrounded her. As she was shouting.. She was shock when the rope that was tired all around her started lifting her up gradually.. Somebody was drawing up the rope, as she came up the surface.. The rope started loosing up by itself.. She couldn't see anybody.. She just felt like invisible hand loosing her up.. After she was free from the rope .. She traced the rope to know where is coming from and found out that the person was hiding in a crowdered leave up on a tree.. She couldn't see the person.. But she saw that there was somebody hiding there. She became scared, could it be that what she heard about the outcast are actually true, if so then she is in serious trouble, she didn't even know her way back again because she has gone pass the boundaries of our clan to the forbidden side of the wood.

To be continued here

Read more available Episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-outcast
Re: The Outcast by skubido(m): 9:36am On Jan 14, 2019
Following
Re: The Outcast by moseph(f): 11:24am On Jan 14, 2019
Nice
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 8:31am On Jan 15, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 3
Written By Amah

Zila traced the rope again, checking if she will be able to see the person hiding up in a crowded leave, she tried to know where the rope is coming from and found out that the person was still hiding in a crowdered leave up on a tree.. She couldn't see the person.. But she saw that there was somebody hiding there..

"Who are you.. Show your face.. Show your yourself.. Who are you.. Am not scared of you.. Or what you look like, Why are do you have to save me.. And why are you hiding up there...

She kept talking.. But got no reply..

My name is Zila.. Am sorry I crossed my boundary.. Am harmless.. I have always been curios to know what was on this part of the wood.. That is the main reason I'm here, I meant well.. Am sorry to have crossed the boundary, I meant well.. Please show your face.. I just want to be a friend.. Please.." I'm not scared of what you look like, but please don't hurt me, I have lost my way, don't even know how to go back but I'm not in a haste to do that.. i just want to see your face, to confirm if the stories i was told are true..

All her word were met with silent again but she continue to speak while looking up to the tree, trying to get a glimpse of the person up the tree but the tree leaves where hiding the person, she tried to let go of her fear and speak again, to see if she can convince the person to come down

"I don't care what you look like.. Am not scared.. I don't care if you have horns, fawns and feed on human, as I was told, I don't care if you uses sign language to communicate because you don't have a voice...I'm not scared of all that, I just want to see what you really look like and all I want is to just see your face..

Zila waited again but no response, she felt strange eyes watching her, but she was not ready to let go, she will keep trying.

"Well since you don't want to show your face.. I will sit here and wait until you are ready to make a sound or show your self... I only meant well, my name is Zila, I'm a twin to a boy, meaning i was once an abomination to our tribe, I was told that when i was born I was an outcast like you people over here, I was meant to be left in the wood to die, just like every other female twin born before me, but father saved me, I know you were cast off because of one thing or the other, which i may not know all the stories but I'm not different from you, some people still look at me as an outcast, they still reminds me of my birth but I can't tell my Pah, it may bring trouble to those reminding me of being an abomination, I know what rejection feels like because i was once cast out to die, so you can see i meant well, you can see I'm not like everybody, I'm different just like you are...

Silent met all her speech, only the cricket sound could be heard, Zila sat on the root of the tree praying and hoping the person up the tree will have a change of mind and come down,

After sometime She hard a tick and heavy voice that got her to her feet, it was terrifying because she did not expect to hear a voice since she was told they can not speak but uses sign to communicate

"Go home.. Go home to your moma and your Pah, you know you shouldn't be on this part..... of....the..wood .Remember..curiosity kills the cat, I'm not a model and am not so good to be looked upon, we that lives over this part are very scary... young girl, and seeing our face is very deadly, it means terror for you, believe what you are told about this part and stay far off, go home right now. And never thread on this forbidden part again.. Is only a stubborn fly that follows a Corp to it's grave.. Leave now and stay far off from us, we are not like your normal people,

Zila stood still and try to see if she can have a glimpse of the man speaking from the tree but she couldn't see anything, She shouted back so that whoever that's talking will hear her very well,

" You are just like a sounding cymbal.. You are wasting your time trying to convince me to go home..Am sorry to disappoint you Mr invisible, am not going anywhere until you show your face..

She waited.. The evening was going down.. She knows that her people will be looking for her by now.. But she has refuse to go.. She wanted to see what an outcast look like, as she has being told that they are very scary.. And no one should ever see their face.. Or the person will die.. And if you are ever caught trailing their side of the wood.. Or caught with them in anyway.. That person will be banish, and they don't speak like normal people, everybody avoided the outcast side of the wood.. Our parents always warn her and us off this part.. We have live with fear of them.. Until she hard the story of her birth.. She was an outcast too.. And would have been gone if not for Pah, so she's more like them.. She began to see them as helpless people who couldn't help their situation.. Which if someone has intervened on their behalf.. They wouldn't have been marked as an outcast" she wish the man could come out, so that she can see his face and find her way because it was already getting dark.

As she was still thinking on what to do the voice came again.

"Why are you so stiffed neck...young girl.. You are such a stubborn child.. Go home.. Your People are looking for you.. Do you realize the consequence of been on this part of the wood.. Please .. Go home young lady. Go home now.. Men are already on the other side of the wood looking for you, is so deadly to be here, we are not celebrities that people look out for.. We are "outcast" and we love to be hidden... Please go before you cause so much trouble for yourself, night is fast approaching.. If you don't leave now.. You may not find your way back again..

Zila gave up and decided to go home.. It was almost dark.. She has spend all afternoon and evening here, she has to go.. Even though her journey has proven to be abortive.. But she was glad to hear a voice from them which convinced her that they are not dumb or communicate with sign, they talk like normal people do.

Convincing the invisible man to come down or show his face has fell on deaf ears..

She felt more than one eye watching her now.. She hard mouth whistles from afar, two or tree persons has come to join the person on the tree, how did they even come to the tree without she seeing them, or do they leave up the tree.

She felt more eyes watching her, the mouth whistle coming from afar continued, she knew it was time to go,

" I will go invisible man.. And whoever that has come to join you.. But don't think you have won, by convincing me, I will be back here again.. Until you decides to show yourself.. you will see that all I want to be is a friend..

The voice shouted back.

"There's no friendship for you here young lady, be friends with your kind.. With your people, we don't belong with you.. And stay off our part just like you have been warned.. For your own good.. I repeat again is only a stubborn fly that follows a corp to it's grave, stop calling terror when terror is far off..because when it finally answer your call.. You might not be ready for what it will bring along. Never you again come back to this part of the wood...never again.. And you dare not to tell anybody that you were on this part of the wood, follow the.. Rafico rot back home so that you won't be caught.. Listen carefully.. The Rafico is by your left side.. Go straight down.. Then turn right.. You will see the Rafico tree. Run ahead and never look back until you get out of this forbidden side, From there you will know your way home.. Don't mention to anyone of being on this side, Never come to this part of the wood, I repeat again stay off it.. Don't say you weren't warned..

She shouted back ..

"Thank you, atleast I know now that you aren't dumb.. And doesn't communicate with signs.. As I was told".

as she said that she wasn't expecting a reply as she ran along the way, another strange voice echoed behind her..

" Is good you know.. And will be even better if you stop being inquisitive"

she ran the path she was directed. When she finally got out of the forbidden side it was already dark.. She saw torch lights, and people calling her names, we, her brothers and some men who were looking for her,

She ran up to them and fabricated a lie of where she has been all day, she lied she was picking flowers in the wood and later felt sleepy and slept off in the wood, it was the noise from them, calling her that awaken her, .. She left the flower she plucked at the place she slept off

They took her home to a worried mother and father, .. They sent some people to go call the men that went to look for her in another side back, because they divide themselves in search of her,

Everyday she thought of the outcast.. His voice and imagine what they will look like, she has been more to herself.. She had not talk much ever since she visited the forbidden part, she wanted to tell somebody that the outcast actually speaks fine, she needed to tell somebody about her adventure, somebody she trusted,

she called me aside one day and told me everything that happened and I promised her not to tell anybody if only she will listen and stay off their part as she was warned but she wasn't ready to stay off, she was eager to visit them again this time she begged me to go with her so that they will not feel she was missing just like the last time but i hushed her not to do that because is means trouble for us if we are found on that part, but Zila was determined, she was strong willed like father.

One day as we all sat for dinner with pah and mother .. Mother asked if she was alright.. Because she was being too quiet, She smiled and said yes.. Trying to convince them that she's fine, she gave me a pleading look, reminding me of going with her but I stylishly shake my head so that i won't attract question from Pah,

Deep down i also wanted to see what they look like, I wanted to go with Zila but what if our journey to the outcast turned sour, what do we do, do we become an outcast too, I was scared of endangering my only sister life to such evil but I so much want to know what was on the other side of the wood

Read more Episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-outcast
Re: The Outcast by skubido(m): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 4

Written by Amah

My younger brother Muke, Zila's twin, who was always talking, said during dinner that day

.. "Ooh Zila, that day you went missing.. Most of us were scared that maybe.. the outcast must have used you for dinner, you know they don't talk.. They only use sign language, they will use sign to beckon on their fellow.. To come and dine with your meat.. With their horns.. And a very long fawns.. With dark bloodied red eyes they are so deadly and they would have feed on you flesh cos they like human meat especially one that's as fresh as yours..they will feed on you like this.. Yum..yum..yum.. and left your helpless carcass like ...

He demonstrated with his hand while laugh.

Our parents hush him to keep shut.. And never say such thing about his sister again or talk about the outcast again.

Zila without thinking. Forgetting that my Pah was also present at the table spoke, she tried to defend the outcast.

" That's very funny Muke, the outcast does not feed on human meat, wherever you hard that from is a big lie, their kind and they don't use sign to communicate.. They actually speaks normal word, they speak and does not use sign to communicate, they are nice people ..and...

She realize were she was and saw the look on mother and father's face, she quickly shut up and bent her head and try to apologize, Everyone was surprise..

"Hush Zila, keep quiet.. Now tell me how do you know all this, have you seen one before? Answer me Quickly...

Pah shouted at her out of anger, Pah. who was shock with what Zila said and the speed she use in defending the outcast,

"no Pah, no.. I'm sorry Pah, I havn't seeing one before.. I just imagine what they will look like.. That.. They may not be all that bad as we all believe, they may just be normal human like us..they..

That's non of your business to imagine what they look like, if they are human like us or not, they are dangerous Zila.. Stay off their rot.. Don't even get close.. And don't try to defend them outside or you maybe tamed as an infidel, you need not defend them.. Make sure all of you stick to this warning of staying off their lane. You all are told of the consequences.. And theirs no joke about it. We shouldn't be having this conversation because you all know what it is at stake, I don't want to loose any of you to mishap.. Zila..I know you are one stubborn child that always want to do what's on your mind.. You are strong and fearless.. And like trying new things.. But Zila, you see this particular one.. you need not to be stubborn about it.. Is deadly, Zila.. Don't go on a quest of no return, you are our princess.. You have grown to be a beautiful woman..kind and accommodating, by next fall.. Next year.. We will start preparing you for your betrothal.. our neighboring town chief son...You two will become husband and wife in few years from now..

you should be more concern on your up coming marriage in few years, not imagining useless things, be close to your moma.. So that she will teach you all you need to know about marriage.. She will prepare you for the journey ahead, not always running off and disappearing to where I don't know, We don't want anything to happen to you, We don't want to ever regret anything, we almost loss you ones.. We almost lost you Zila when you were still little, We don't want such to happen again.. Please.. Am pleading Zila, stay close to your moma and learn every necessary thing that will help you in your matrimonial home.. Stop running off to the wood all by yourself, because me or your moma will not be there with you at your husband's house, is better not to cry when the head is off, We love you all and wouldn't want anything to happen to you, A wise child does not play with fire. "hope am clear enough?

We all replied him "yes Pah" .

despite the warning.. Zila was planing secretly to go to the forbidden side, where the outcast stays again.. She planned doing that on her own since I told her it was a deadly mission,

Getting prepared for marriage next year wasn't in her agenda, all she wanted to do was to revisit the outcast again This time around she will follow the Rafico way so that she won't be easily seen, but she slowed down on the plan because of father, Pah placed her on house arrest, she couldn't go out and was forced to work with mother in the house, she was restricted to many things because of her constant disappearing into the wood and how she defended the outcast during dinner,

Well still on Zila's story.. I will continue later but let me tell you a little about my parents. And also my father's personal guard, Riko,

Riko' my father personal guard.. Told me a lot of things that my brothers didn't know off, .. Because I was more close to him and father than any of my brother is.

Riko was handed over to father when he was still a young boy by my late grandpa, Riko Knows a lot of history, and I love listening to him,

Am the first of my father's children. There's something about Pah's name Mukattabaziela you may not have notice at a first glance, There's little of all his children's name attached to his name if you look closely.. Well.. Is only the wise that will understand the riddles of an old man. Riko thought me proverbs too, which I use when necessary,

my father is generally address as PAH by his sons, children in the town and some people who can't pronounce his name correctly.. I am my father's right hand man.. Pah has a great wisdom.. He is a quiet man.. He thinks deep and act more.. I will say Zila took after his personality, He takes me along most time, whenever he is going out, be it Kinsmen gathering Or the town square festival... I stand behind him whenever he is seated at the square as the clan chief, me and Riko, my fathers personal aid.

I always wanted to have more sister aside Zila, who was a person in her own world and hardly relate to others, she doesn't tell anyone what is on her mind except me, her beloved elder brother,

My father married only my mother.. They wanted more daughters, but Zila was like many daughters to them because they loved her dearly,

Zila wasn't close to anybody except me, she trust me with her secrets and I never betrayed her, she so much wanted to go back to the outcast, the way she passionately speaks about them, makes me wonder if there's something calling her over, or could she be bewitched by them, what exactly is it at the other side of the wood for Zila,

She kept on planing on her journey, looking for when the band father placed will be lifted, a year past by, zila didn't give up on her quest, then another year came and gone, she stopped talking about it and can fully prepare and wash up things in mother's absent,

I actually thought she has forgotten about the outcast until she called me aside again and told me she maybe going any moment since father has finally lift her restriction ban, she asked me if i have change my mind, i told her I haven't I'm sticking to father's instruction, I can't disobey him. She nodded her head and left me.

Zila's betrothal started to kick off as the parents of her husband to be visited father, Zila was already 16years,

Mother and Zila prepared different dish for them, Zila seem happy, as her up coming marriage was arranged

I watched her take a walk with her husband to be, a fine young man of my age, they hold hands and laughed and I was happy that she finally had something that could make her change her mind of going to the forbidden side, I stood with my PAH and watched them, the young man was already in love with her but deep down in my heart I wish Zila will love him back, although she seems so but she maybe pretending because of father,

After her visitors left, I called her and asked her if she really love her husband to be and she said no she was only doing it because father was watching her, that by tomorrow afternoon she will be off to the wood, if I want to find her I should always follow the rafico way

I couldn't talk her out of it.

her mind was made up

And the next day Zila was gone.

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-outcaast
Re: The Outcast by skubido(m): 10:54am On Jan 19, 2019
Hmmm,

Tanks for the update
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 12:03am On Jan 20, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 5
Written by Amah

Towards the evening, pah called me and asked if I have seen my sister that afternoon, and I stammered through words, I couldn't look my father in the eye and lie to him, but I have promised to keep every secret Zila laid at my feet, she was more close to me than any member of the family, I love my sister and i was ready to protect her with my last blood but Zila has made it known to everyone that she doesn't need to be protected, she can protect herself

Whatever god that was with Zila was doing a great work by watching over her since she was a baby,

I have thought of what i was going to tell my pah, if he ask me about Zila, he will be so angry with me if he finds out that i know about Zila's quest, it will be so bad for me, because i have being covering up for her not allowing anybody to know about her deadly mission,

I felt so bad for not telling Pah and lying to him when he asked of her,

Pah was very angry when he found out that Zila was missing, he called me again and ask if i happen to know where she could be, and i thought of what to say to him so that he will calm down

"she said she was taking a walk in the wood, probably to pick Pebbles or flowers. Or she just wanted to have a quiet time for herself since her marriage ceremony is in a week time"

"I lifted the restriction i placed on her so that she can be free to plan on how her future will be like, she is no more a child to be running off the wood, she suppose to be planing with her mother, getting herself ready for her wedding ceremony not always being on her own and running to the wood, what kind of child choses her own company than the company of her parents and siblings, she even hate to make friends with her follow mates, she spend more time with you Mbazi...i know she must have being saying some things she can't tell anybody, what has she being talking about lately...you should know..

"Pah, she only talk about her husband to be and..... And she's excited about the wedding...nothing much..

We waited till dinner hoping that Zila will be back but no sign of her, my mother started wailing, father knew something was wrong, the search team were alerted and they all swung into action, dividing their selves into different group,

They went into the wood in search of Zila, I followed one group with my younger brothers,

My conscience was at war within me because i know Zila was at the forbidden side, how can I even say that, if this is found out their will be a big trouble for both me and Zila, and a big fight may break out between our tribe and the outcast, the outcast are good with arrows and traps, they fly on trees like monkeys, and are always covered up in leaves, they maybe in the wood watching our people without them knowing because they can't be easily seen, if they decided to fight back at us, despite how small they are compare to how large our tribe is, many of us will be injured if we attack them, since our tribe exclude them and send them far off, they created their own clan and there was a huge boundary, they stay off our side and we stay off them because anything they touch or come in contact with is tamed as forbidden thing. We were told they are dangerous and they act like animals, so many things we were told, which i don't know how true must of them are.

Zila didn't show up or found despite the men tearing down the forest in search of her but they avoided crossing to the forbidden side, nobody ever thought a normal person will want to go over to the outcast clan but that's where Zila was.

Mother became very sick for a long time. Her body temperature was so high that it can boil an Ice water within a minute,

That was after the mishap fell on the family.. Mother couldn't bear it.. She became very ill, Father is always beside her.. Encouraging her, Telling her not to give up on fate

Mother's name is Tabitha, But father calls her Tabi' he is just the only one that calls her that, Same thing with mother, She calls father a special name too,

They so much love themselves, I will hear father say something like this to her..

"Tabi.. you can do this.. Don't give room for darkness.. Fill your mind and soul with light".. "So that darkness can keep out.. "I can't loose you now".. How will I cope with life when you are no more".. You can win this battle".. I have known you to be a very strong person".. Who doesn't give up so quick.. I can't loose two beloved at same time.. How do I go on.. Please.. Stay with me, Lan the medicine man said you have not been taken your medicine.. I'm worried about you Tabi.. You know Lan can be trusted.. He has been the only one all this while..

That never gave up on you.. Other medicine men gave up when they saw your condition.. Please ..Tabi' I need you to live for me.. I know you can.. Zila will return someday, our beloved daughter is alive some where, I can feel it Tabi...

Father will hold onto her..while mother will clung to him, Both will be quiet for sometime, I started wondering if the hotness from mother's body is not affecting father the way he always holds her to himself, Then i will hear mother call him his special name that no one else calls him aside her...

Bazi" I never knew what Bazi means then.. But as I grew up I realize that Bazi was the name she pick up from father's full name MukattaBAZIela, it sounded so special..whenever she calls him "BAZI"

"Am pushing harder everyday.. But I hate to see you and our children worry about me.. I wish Zila was here, ooh! How I wish.. I miss her so much.. I wish I can see her before kissing the earth goodbye. Ooh Bazi...I'm making everyone to suffer more pain after the one caused from Zila's disappearance, I hate it so much, It breaks my heart greatly.. It seems that the gods have refuse to smile on us by bringing our daughter back to us, we have done everything humanly possible and yet nothing, no news of Zila.. What is the use of taken medicine without result.. Bazi.. Even if am no more.. Wherever I am.. I will always be happy that I knew a great man like you.. A great husband and father.. You are just like your name.. You are my root, you and our children and the hope of Zila returning someday to us is the only thing still keeping me alive

I hard father murmur something to her.. I strained my ear to hear them From where I was hiding and listening.. When I couldn't hear their murmur any more I walked away sad, Just the thought of loosing mother gives me goose bomb.

Zila was gone.. Mother want to go too.. And I have this secret i swore to Zila to keep, which is silently killing me, watching mother and father go through pain because of her was unbearable, Now here mother was loosing the battle, how do i live with myself if mother dies and Zila never returns home...how do i, what do i do now..

I ran into the wood crying.. I climbed the cedar tree.. Where I have built a nest for myself.. Whenever I want to hide from everyone.. Is only Riko, my father's personal guard that knows my hideout.. As I climbed into my nest.. I listened to the chirping of the birds.. The sound of the wind.. The whistling of the leaves.. I always enjoy the environment.. It sound so beautiful.. This is the best gift from mother nature Offered to mankind.. I smiled at my environment.. As the breeze graced my body.. I look towards the outcast rot.. I know soon.. Hand of time will change.. I can feel it for the better.. I wish things will start changing even now.. So that mother can see Zila again and live.. Her health is going down everyday.. The miracle we need was Zila,

I will journey down to the outcast without anybody knowing, to fetch my sister, hopefully she is alive, just thinking of going down to the forbidden side makes all the hair on my head to stand still, it sound so scary but I need to rescue my sister, I need to go and look for Zila among the outcast, I need to.

I relax back and closed my eyes.. I did not know when I dozed off to the other world.

To be continued
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 12:05am On Jan 20, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 6

Written by Amah

As I finally got there, it was getting dark, every where was quiet, I quietly went round in search of Zila, no sign of anybody, there was a firewood fire burning, with a very big pot on it, I wonder what could be inside the pot, I hide in a crowded bush and watch while scanning for any sign of Zila, I started hearing a sound, I looked at my left side and saw lots of cage, I slowly moved close, human beings where in the cage, men, women, boys, girls and children. In different cage, I quietly started checking to see if i can see Zila,

As i search anytime i hear a noise I will quickly hide, a horrible looking men passed by, they were three and speak a very strange language, while demonstrating with their hands, they have a very long ears, blood shot eyes, their teeth were shooting out from their mouth like vampires, they were not pleasant to look at, the rumors were true about them, they are horrible and forbidden from normal people, they marked their bodies with white clay, and has only their manhood covered, the rest of their body was bare, their head were covered with clay powder, I became even more scared myself, but I need to find Zila without being noticed, I looked for clay powder which was scattered around the bush and rub my head and face, I removed my neck and hand bead, I removed my weaved shirt and rub the clay all over,

I looked at myself again, my leg was bare, no native leg bead as I saw on them, I don't have ferns or long ears, but I know it will take a second look from them and i will be caught and probably stuffed into a cage and await my death,

I quickly started looking from cage to cage, there was no much time for me, every cage I look the person in it is either sleeping or lying down weak, I was about giving up on finding Zila, after I was about rounding up with the search,

I saw her, she was in the last cage, just to signify that she was the last person to arrive the forbidden clan, she was lying down and probably sleeping because her eyes were both shot, I whispered her name quietly twice, she opened her eyes, and saw me, immediately, I heard another group of ugly looking men passing by, I kept quiet and hide back in the bush, I thanked the gods for the fast approaching darkness, which is covering me from being detected, Zila shut her eyes as she saw them and pretend to be asleep, after they checked all the caged people, they stop over at Zila while speaking an unknown strange language, probably the huge pot on fire was dinner, they are cannibals, they feed on human beings, maybe it was Zila's turn to be used, Immediately they left, I hurried up to Zila, and called her name again she opened her eyes and asked me to leave or I will be killed if I'm caught, she said her fate has already being decided, she was to be used for dinner tonight, I told her I was there to save her and i will, I asked her to show me how to unlock the cage and she did, we worked very fast on the cage and it was open, Zila quietly came out of the cage,

a fierce looking man came out from a small hut, he made a funny face and looked round, he stood and widen his nose as if he perceived something, maybe a strange being in their midst,

He spoke something strange and others came out, I was hiding with Zila, they lit up the whole darkened place with a burning stick,

After which they moved close to the cages and and terrifying noise could be heard as they noticed Zila's cage was open, with nobody inside,

I dragged Zila along the bush path as we try to escape, she showed me the right way to follow, we started running so fast,

They noticed our movement and ran after us, some were flying on the trees like birds, they have strange powers, they pursued us, but we ran knowing well our lives depends on it.

I was loosing strength but I kept running, urging Zila who was also running behind me as fast as her legs could carry her,

I ran like I have never done before, I was hitting off the over grown bushes, clearing way for Zila who was running with all her might, some sharp grass has cut my vein but all I care about was for us to get to safety,

I heard them from behind coming with full speed after us, I began to wonder why I even came down to the forbidden side, the most wicked cannibals on earth, all the stories that we were told about them were all true, they are fierce looking creatures and they feed on humans, why didn't Zila just stay and listen to father and mother who warned her to stay off their rot,

I was still in my angry thought when suddenly three hefty looking creatures jumped in front of us, we try to run back but another set was also behind us, they rounded us, laughing with a long teeth pulling out of their mouth, I knew we were doomed,

my pah and mother are going to loose two of their children to the outcast, indeed the constant saying that a stubborn fly follows a Corp to it's grave is actually true, father said it was a journey of no return, a deadly journey, now i see he was right, I know mother will die quickly if she realize that two of her children are gone,

As the strange looking beings pounced on us I screamed and landed hard on the ground in my own pull of sweat

It was all a dream, darkness was everywhere, as I looked round, there was a man sitting down with a small set fire two trees away, I started shaking as he stood, he stood up and started walking towards me, I began to scream and shut my eyes, he held my hands and said quietly

"Keep quiet or you will attract the unseen, Mbazi why are you shaking and shouting like a child that saw a ghost, your father was looking for you and i came here to get you because i know this is your relaxing place, I saw you sleeping and struggling in your sleep I allowed you, you needed the rest because of the recent happenings, everybody is so tensed, nobody gets enough sleep anymore, because of your sister's disappearance, maybe the gods were revealing something to you and i don't want to interrupt, I set a fire to keep watch over you, waiting for you to awaken, it was until you fell from your nest and landed on the floor like a bag of potatoes, I knew you must have had a terrible dream, now let's go home, your pah is worried sick about you...

I looked up at him again, Riko stood a head tall in front of me holding my shaking hands, a small knife was tugged into his waist belt, I wanted to be sure I was fully awake, it was a Terrible dream, as i thought of Zila again,

I told Riko what I saw in the dream and also told him about Zila's deadly mission, he said it was just a bad dream because i allowed the fear of the outcast to crowd my mind before i slept off, he said the outcast are not as terrible as people paint them,

Riko seems to know a little about them which he never spoke or discus with anybody because it wasn't allowed, he told me that my sister is safe because the outcast are not cannibals they feed like we do and they look like us, I should forget about all the rumors that we hear, they are not horrible looking things like the rumor says, those rumors are not true, Riko encouraged me not to be scared but I still have doubts comparing to what i saw in the dream

I told him of my plan to go and rescue Zila, he encouraged me to go if i really want to, he volunteered to walk me deep down the wood, so that i can continue the remaining journey on my own, he said I should find something to tell father of my absence so that he won't be worried about me if i happen not to return on time

The following morning i told father I was visiting a friend of mine in another tribe and i may not be back the same day, I told him I will probably spend a day or two there before i return,

father said okay that I should be safe, he even joked with me that I have probably seeing a young girl over there that i want to marry, he told me to make sure I brings the girl home, whoever that got my heart, I smiled and assured him that when i finally meet the right woman for me he will be the first to know, we joked a little more before I left

I picked few things into an animal skin bag, and held out to the wood with Riko who wanted to make me feel at ease before I face the outcast and bring Zila back to mother and father,

I pray to the unseen god of our land to protect and bless my journey. Only Riko knows of this our quest with the outcast and i trust him to keep it a secret.

Despite everything that Riko was doing to help me ease off the fear, I still have fears growing in my veins, the dream still look so fresh in my mind, i hope it was only a dream nothing much to it as Riko assured me.

To be continued
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 12:06am On Jan 20, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 7

Written by Amah

"C'mon..be a real man, don't be afraid..I know you can do this..you can do this Mbazi.. I will get Zila back home... Safe and sound.. She is alive healthy and sound... She's not caged up like the one I saw in the dream..she belong with the normal people not with the outcast...the forbidden people.. Mother will be well again on seeing Zila, the family will return to normal. Zila will marry her betrothed man and they Will bear children..when I'm ready to have My own family.. I Will get a girl who is homely and I will love her wholeheartedly and she will be a daughters to mother.. My two brothers will have their own families anytime they so desires to... Everyone will be happy and when the right time comes for mother or father to kiss the earth, they will depart happily without worries.. That is what I wish for...and pray t...

Kraaaaaaa....bummmm! Was the heavy sound that shocked me out of My lonely thought, it was a trap, set up and covered with leaves, nobody would have noticed that there was a well set trap there, and because I wasn't paying much attention to the bush path, I was keeping myself busy with My thoughts just to put fear away, the twisted and double knotted twine rope went round me, it flew me up and landed me in a deep hole all within a twinkle of an eye, I was unconscious For sometime and quickly started screaming for help immediately I regained myself, I looked round the duged hole, which was a little wide, the knotted rope that grabbed and tied me up was still around My waist, I traced it up, I tried to get free from it but it was too hard and Strong, I held my hand to the small tiger knife I tugged into my waist belt, but it can't do much to the big rope tied on My waist, but i was happy that My small tiger knife was in place, it was still there but my leather bag was gone, probably the bag fell off my shoulder as the Strong twisted twine flew me up before landing me into the hole, i looked to see if there was a dangerous animal inside the wide hole with me, it was empty and dark except for the little day light penetrating from the space I fell from,

I screamed again, louder this time, calling for help, no way I could get off the set trap on My own,

I kept screaming and suddenly I felt like somebody was pulling me out from up with the rope tied to My waist, I was just going up and up until I came to the surface and the rope on my waist begin to loosen by itself, I looked round but found nobody, it was until I looked up the big tree I knew there was somebody there, either one or two person on the tree, they were hiding in the crowded tree leaves, they pulled me up and loosened the ropes tired on My waist,

but everywhere was quiet except for my own hard breath, the chirping of the birds and the forest cricket constantly singing, I looked round my environment and saw where my bag fell, it was hanging in a Branch up the tree, I couldn't get to it,

I looked up the tree again but I couldn't see any sign of human but I know somebody was witching me from there, one or two or even more persons, I was bleeding on my knees and fore head, my Head aches, my legs where in pain, I spoke up

"Please i mean no harm..thank you for helping me out of the trap...if you can hear me.. My name is Mbazi, I'm harmless... I only crossed the boundary because of I was on an important mission... I'm looking For my sister who went missing 2months ago...she has always had a strong thing for the.... outcast..and has refused to listen to anybody to stay off... After she went missing My pah hasn't being himself and My mother fell ill. Even her twin brother has being down... Everybody is troubled, me especially because I wasn't able to stop her after she told me of her deadly mission... And I took it upon myself to find her dead or alive...please... I beg of you... I only trespassed because of this... I didn't mean to...

Everywhere fell silent again, I kept looking up but saw nothing and heard nothing, I remembered the first time Zila came down, she has told me how she fell into a trap which she was saved from by some invisible people on the tree, which she assume were the outcast, she said they spoke to her and Even told her how to return back without being noticed, if really they spoke to her why are they not speaking to me

I was still wondering what I was going to do next when I heard a man voice from the tree, he even mention my name

"Mbazi..what is your sister's name and what does she look like?

I was shocked to hear the voice, it sounded so deep and strong, but I quickly reply, given details of what Zila looks like, after which there was another silent, the tree shakes vehemently, and all of a sudden I saw a female figure jump down from the tree, she was all blunde and young like Zila, she was wearing animal skin on her waist and chest, she was beautiful but she remain were she fell and never looked up at me, and the Male voice came again,

" Mbazi..follow her, the person before you... and she Will take you to your sister, your sister is alive and well, she has refused to go home, I'm glad you came, I can see you are bleeding on your knees, your wounds will be attended to, please do not touch anything, except what you are instructed to touch, do not touch anything until you are out of here, we are forbidden people and we wouldn't want you to be contaminated with our things, remember anything the outcast comes in contact with is forbidden, we maybe forbidden, we maybe the outcast but we are not evil, go and take your sister and leave at once"

I said my thanks to the man who kindly spoke to me from the tree, I looked at the young girl that was suppose to lead me to Zila, she stood still and never looked up at me, she suddenly picked up a Long dry stick and walked past me, I watched her closely she was going towards where My leather bag was hanging, she threw the stick up to the branch and my bag fell to the ground, she broke the stick into two and used it to pick up the bag from the ground, she held it out to me with the stick, still without looking at me, she avoided touching the bag with her bare hands, I wish she can look at me but she never did, I collected the bag and thanked her but she didn't respond,

She started waking fast, deeper into the forest leaving some distance between us, I followed her,

different things were running through my mind,

"o the outcast has strong beautiful nice girls like the one leading me to Zila,

Which means the rumors about them were not true, let not be fast in concluding, until I see Zila, if I see My sister then I can draw a conclusion about them, but I felt like this is the beginning of My journey to the outcast..

It was going to be a great adventure of my life,

something that will forever be in my memory.

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-Outcast
Re: The Outcast by skubido(m): 11:44am On Jan 20, 2019
Hmmmmm, tanks for the update
Re: The Outcast by queenitee(f): 2:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
Thank you
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 8.

Written by Amah

I was already weak from the Long walk, my head was still aching and my leg injury was making me unable to keep up,

She Was so fast, her legs were moving speedily like an antelope,

I shouted behind her to slow down, I don't know if she understands my common language because she never turn to check if I was catching up or to even reply me,

I wondered if she was deaf or understands only sign language, what language is she really use to, I noticed behind her right arm she have a big mark, either fire or knife which left a Large scar in her,

After walking far away from me she will she will suddenly slow down for me to be able to cover the distance, when ever I get close she speed off again and wait up when she noticed she has gone far,

I try to manage with my leaping leg which wasn't helping my journey with the strange girl,

I started seeing smokes ahead of me and different vegetable farm lands, I knew we were close to the outcast clan,

I wanted to ask the young girl who owns the farm land, which was properly rigged, everything on the farm land was properly cultivated and it was all in order, I had questions running through my head, but I know is a waste if strength asking the strange girl taking me to Zila she Will never reply me,

We passed a dogged out stream, and a water fall, this place looks so natural and beautiful, there was also strange sculptures on the foot path,

everything I see around was creative and in order, even the corns and tomatoes farm was properly lined up,

there were different kinds of tree all around,

I began to see few people, i saw some of them by the water fall, washing something, few young boys by the farm, some by the tree, their faces were half covered with knitted corn crown, I couldn't see their eyes but most of them stop what they were doing to stare at me,

They would have being mistaken for a normal people but they are the outcast and does not belong with us,

Father said some of them are slaves back then and if they offends their owners the good Masters will be punished them accordingly while the bad masters will either sell them off to a bad person or send them out of the clan into the forbidden,

So the outcast is made up of rejected souls, deadly infectious sick people and the cast out slaves,

the outcast are abnormal people, who doesn't belong with our people, so they can't do normal thing or put things in order like I see all around me

"This can't belong to the outcast, they can't be this orderly than the normal people, but no normal person can come all the way down to farm in such a place, a forbidden land, so all the land I was seeing obviously belongs to them,

I was tempted to touch some of the sculpture by the road and also wanted to touch some of the strange fine leaves on the foot path just to be sure they are real, as I stretch my hands a voice hush me to stop, a man voice different from the previous voice that spoke to me on the trap road, it came from somewhere within and cautioned me not to touch anything, I looked up and there he was, a mask man up the tree,

I guess he was following us since we began our journey, he was moving from tree to tree as we journeyed down.

I pulled off my hands quickly, remembering the instruction I was previously given, I looked up again but I couldn't see the person, he was hiding among the branches,

I wondered how many of them were watching me yet I can't see their faces

As we got close their were things I so much wanted to feel with my hands but I couldn't, if i look at most of them is was as if they were even telling me to touch them, there were attractive sculpture by the foot path, but I kept a straight face so that I won't break any law or become part of them outcast,

We got to an open space with different shapes of huts, some big while some are small, I counted thirty huts all together, and they were spaced out from each other, but still within a stone throw,

unlike my clan, we don't live in a huts we live in a well built stone house, is only the kitchen and the outer house is built like a hut, but here, the outcast lived in a hut that is built with baboons, palm leaves serves as roof, but despite how low and simple it was they were in unison, and fire was set in some of the outside small house, without roof close to the main hut, which I assume was the rooms,

I followed suit until she paused in a different round shaped hut that was far from the others, there was a small farm land behind it,

The young Lady pointed at the hut , I asked her if that's where Zila was but she didn't reply, is not like I was expecting her to talk but I would have appreciated even a head nod of head than a totally silent, I try to use sign language if she will understand but she turned and left,

I needed to get Zila, so that we can be on our way back, she don't belong with this strange and forbidden people who lives in a cheap leaves hut and up the tree, I thank the gods that they are not horror looking and Zila is not in a cage like the dream I heard,

I shouted Zila severally but no response came from the hut, I wanted to peep in but scared of touching anything, if Zila was kept separately, in a different hut, it means that they don't want her to be contaminated, or become like them,

I wonder how Zila lived in this forbidden land comfortably without thinking of home since two months,

I slowly leaped closer to the hut but a voice stopped me from behind, I turned and saw a young man, who I was a head taller, who's face was covered in a see through weaved light cloth, I can't Tell what he looks like behind the face cover but he was young, he wore a different clothing from the girl that lead me down

His own was plain black wood leather, a cowry beads necklace on his neck, he has come leaves in a clay pot,

"My name is Ladi, I was told you sustained some injury from the boundary trap, here... Take this ghevi leaf, squeeze the leave on your palm until the juice is out, rob the juice on your wounds, by sun down it will heal up, no forbidden hand has touched it, it wasn't plugged with a bare hand, so feel free with it... your sister is not inside the hut, she is by the water fall, by the normal stream, words has being sent to her, she will be here in no time..

Ladi's name sounded familiar, could it be the same ladi that was sent off many years ago before Zila was born, Who's uncle accused of wiping off the entire family with a deadly sickness, he was still a small boy then, and could have being burnt alive if not the intervention of my pah and few others..could he be the same pers.....

I heard noise from my right hand, Zila was screaming my name and running towards me, I opened My arms and she fell into them, she held me and was panting heavily like somebody that ran a marathon, I held and kissed her hair, I have really missed my beloved only sister, the young man still stood at a distance and watch

I couldn't wait to take Zila home to mother and father but I needed to use the ghev leaves Ladi brought on my injuries so that I will be able to walk back home, I also have questions for Zila that I really needed answers.

To be continued
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 9
Written by Amah

"We need to go home..mother is very sick.. Everybody misses you Zila.. Your husband to be is distraughted...he cam..

"I'm not going back Mbazi..there's a home here for me..I'm sorry but I'm not..goin...

" are you listening to me at all... Mother is sick.. Father's is an unhappy man because of your disappearance and mother illness.. Is that the best way to treat your family.. By running off to this forbidden place.. You don't belong here... This people are cursed people... They are the outcast..you can't be among them...because you aren't born a slave, you don't have some incurable illness.. You did not curse misfortune for your entire family.. But this people have.. We don't belong with them they don't belong with us.. Your home is far from here..not with the outcast..may the gods forbids that one of us should become among the forbidden clans...

"Mbazi.. Yes am part of this people now.. You know why because I brought misfortune to the family by running off to the forbidden wood and yet no one acknowledged That..because father is the tribe leader, our Pah is a very important man and can get away with many thing and nobody dares touch his family, but you see this people here..that you call the outcast..this beautiful people we tagged forbidden are commoners, they are helpless and has nobody to speak up for them, most of them died and wasted away, some died at birth while some were killed by man made law, i was helpless at birth too father came through for me, he spoke up and since then the laws that kills female twins were shut off, it was abolished because it happened to an important man's daughter in the clan, if it was an ordinary person that gave birth to a forbidden twin girl like me, I would have been long dead and forgotten, Mbazi..this people are not different from you and I, they don't have anybody to speak up for them, they were cast off because they are helpless, I was born an outcast, sometimes I'm being reminded of it when I walk among my father's people, they look at me like an unworthy humans or..or..opportunist..but dare not throw stones because of the fear they have for our Pah, i felt like a stranger among my kind, I felt being alone or being in the wood was more okay for me than among our people, that's why I don't mingle when I was in our clan, I found love here and rest of mind, father choose a husband for me to marry he doesn't care about My feeling or give me a chance to find real love or choose who I want to be with, despite how much I try to be part of this amazing people here they reject me and never wanted me among them, they have tried to return me severally but I stood my ground, they are nice people each and everybody in this place has a story, the things we were told about them are not true, non of the terrifying stories are true Mbazi, they cover their faces and keep distance because they don't want the normal people to see their eye ball, which they felt will defy your personality, they believe they don't deserve the normal people among them, they felt in worthy, not being Worthy among us.. They are suppose to be among our clan but were excluded, Mbazi.. The lady that led you down, also was the same person that led me down, the reason you saw her face was because they wanted a vulnerable person, somebody you will feel safe with, if a man leads you, you may feel threatened by his presence, that's why she was picked to lead you so that you will feel safe and not threatened, but don't underestimated her, she's full of strength and you have people moving from tree to tree, keeping eye on you so that you won't defy your self by touching their stuffs, I touched different thing here just for them to Mark me an outcast... instead...they force me to deep myself seven at the normal lake close to the waterfall... Mbazi...you are my blood, my elder brother, my Best friend, I don't hide anything from you.. I have always felt this full force pulling me to this place and when I finally came, I met him within weeks, the man that brought the leaf for you.. For your injury..his name is Ladi..I'm in love with him, I haven't seeing his face yet because he refused to reveal it to me, but even without seeing his face I felt so connected to him...he is the more reason I don't want to go home...Mbazi, you and I have the same calling, we are different from other members of the family, I don't felt connected with my twin brother Muke, the way I'm connected to you, that is why I'm boldly telling you that the people you call the outcast are the most nice clan I have ever come across, I wish you can stay a little while over here and found out for yourself..

I listened to Zila talk to me about the outcast, I saw the passion burning in her as she talked about them, I felt she wasn't normal but forcing her to go with me was out of it, I will stay a day here and see if I can convince her to follow me home,

I knew there was something between her and Ladi, I saw her looked at him smiling earlier when he brought the leafs, I guess Ladi was equally looking at her through his black veil, his face covering,

May the gods forbid such love, is an impossible love, I will make sure I bring Zila back to reality because she seems to be dreaming but I will do it gentle and steady,

My wound was healing up after applying the ghevi leaf just as Ladi instructed, I slept well that night after eating s bowl of rabbit stew Zila prepared, I slept peaceful without night mare

I woke up late the morning, Zila was not in her hut, I was hearing laughter outside, Zila was laughing at something, I came outside and follow the direction of the noise, and there they were,

Zila was working at her allocated farm land behind her hut, Ladi stood at a distance watching her and talking to her about something which she was obviously enjoying, Then the strange girl was standing at another side, watching Zila weed her farm, she have a nice smile on her face, and it looks good on her, she was beautiful, I wish she can say a word for me to hear what she sound like, I kept staring at her, but nobody noticed me,they were all taking with Ladi's funny story, I wish the strange girl can tell me a story about how she got to be an outcast, I wish she will even look up at me, she was really beautiful to look upon..

I quickly realize what I was doing, I was liking an outcast Lady as Zila does for Ladi, I quickly waved it off, I'm going crazy like Zila, I can't wait to leave this place, because it was a Tabor, a big abomination in our tribe to think that way about an unworthy outcast,

But the more I try to Wave it off the more I think more about the strange Lady

This is really crazy, may the gods save us from unwanted feelings

I silently prayed.

To he continued
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 10
Written by Amah

I couldn't help it, the more I try to look away, I do it the more,

She suddenly noticed somebody is looking at her and turned in my direction, she looked at me, she actually looked into my eyes and I felt chill wave run through my body, as our eyes locked for some seconds she quickly looked away and ran off with speed,

Ladi and Zila turned in my direction, I stood there speechless, I don't know if I should apologise for making the strange girl that I never bother to know her name run off or I should apologise for cutting off their happy conversation,

Ladi turned to leave but Zila begged him to stay but he left anyway i didn't notice where he entered, Zila walked up to me smiling and said

"Hope you slept well brother... There's water inside the big mould pot in my hut, you can wash and drink from it, is very safe...wanted to do some weeding in my farm..didn't want to wake you because I know you were tired from your yesterday journey, I will warm the remaining rabbit soup for breakfast.. And I can make something else if you want..

" thanks Zila..i rested well...i don't feel so safe eating or drinking around here..I'm not hungry for now.. Will like us to leave this forbidden place today... As soon as we can.. I'm not comfortable being around this forbidden people.. And...the strange girl..for the very first time she looked up at me...Zila..I don't know if I sound crazy but there's something about that girl...something strange...everybody around here are all strange though but there's really something about that girl.... what's her name...is she dumb..I haven't seeing her speak... Who's is she and what is her story..

"She speak but not so often.. Ask her yourself what her name is and her story..if you really care to know, her story is not too different from mine.. Ask her...

" I have tried Zila to speak to her and ask her questions but she never said a word.. And I wish I ca... never mind..

"Okay..so..why are you interested in her...do...you like her..

" may the gods forbids it..I don't like her Zila..she's an outcast..and we are not suppose to have anything with them...what you say you feel for Ladi is forbidden love Zila..is an abomination... It can never ever be approve or allowed.. If we go back home..never you mention it to anyone or father Will bundle you to your husband to be..and there won't be freedom for you to do as you like again... How can you even live in this forbidden place comfortably, having feeling for Ladi, an outcast, a forbidden soul... Do you even know his story..he is far too older than you.. You are only seventeen Zila... He is twenty something years old..Ladi should be twenty five..do you see the difference... You can't have any feeling for Ladi, is totally wrong I must tell you the truth.. Hurry up... let's go home... Let's go back to where we belong.. Ladi is an outcast so is everyone around here...except us...let's leave here at once... For the sake of mother..let her see you again and live..you are the antidote to her well being.. Everyone Misses you back home.. You are our only sister..we want you back..please Zila.. Reconsider this.. There's no place for you here..Ladi has a bad story of killing all his house hold at a young age that was why he was sent off to this forbidden place.. He became an outcast at a young age..and he..ha...

Something shakes from a nearby bush..we looked closely and found out it was Ladi..he came out from the bush..he has being eavesdropping on me and Zila's conversation.. He stood and I knew he was looking at us..I couldn't see his eyes under his facial mask, I expected him to say something but he didn't, Zila called his name, he didn't reply he turned again and walked away... Zila kept calling his name and tries to go after him but I held her strongly, she couldn't pull off from my strong grip, We watched him walk away until we couldn't see his back anymore...Zila angrily turned to me

"I guess you are happy now..I don't care what his story is Mbazi.. I don't.. He was only a child when his parents died. He was wrongly accused of being the one responsible for their death by his father's brother who almost killed him, it was with the help of few people he survived and was sent out of the clan to become an outcast, his wicked uncle took over everything his father has..there were people who has being here before Ladi.. They created their own clan.. Marry themselves and live like one community, everyone of them has a story, sad one Mbazi.. They survive the difficult and hardship of this place, discovered different type of medicine, and other things our clan has not being able to, stop calling them forbidden.. They are people like you and I..I'm not going home.. There's home for me here..mother doesn't need me...all she need is to get well and I will give you some powerful leaf..and I will tell you how to use it on her, and I promise you mother will be fine within two days...Ladi is almost same age with you, you and Ladi are almost age mate Mbazi.. And even if he is thirty or forty I don't care, who ever my heart decides to be with.. I will not give a care to peoples opinion..because age is nothing but a number...

Zila walked away from me, I stood there trying to make sense out of what she said but at the end they will remain the outcast

I follow her into her hut and I knew she has made up her mind, Zila was very stubborn and strong willed like father, I wanted to know more about the strange girl but i don't know-how to go about it without attracting questions from Zila, I can still remember the way she looked at me before running off, it brought a total chill all over me,

I made up my mind to collect the healing leaf from Zila to mother, I plan leaving at sundown but I don't know what to Tell father and mother about Zila or how to console them

I wish is the strange girl that Will show me my way back, I wish to see her again before leaving here..for reasons I don't even understand

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-outcast
Re: The Outcast by skubido(m): 12:10am On Jan 23, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 7:54pm On Feb 01, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 11
Written by Amah

"Can you stay one more night, tomorrow is there kakun night, is a big gathering of the outcast, they will all gather around the big fire, singing, dancing and also tell different stories, is always fun, they celebrate it every 16th of each month, they Mark it on that day because that was the date the outcast came into existence, and for decades now is being on, it use to be a mourning period for them, when they all have to look back and remember how it all started, how they became the forbidden people in our tribe but instead of always remembering how sad it was to be different they decided to turn it to celebration, they are free people, free from the world hate and trouble, the gods seems to be with them even in their small clan, by providing all they needed to live, so is actually a night to remember, despite they are tagged forbidden people and cast off, they still have everything they needed in terms of food, water and herb medicine, to keep them healthy, they discovered different leaves and root which serves as remedies to them, I will be glad if you can stay, there's a different shelter created for the normal people, so you wouldn't have to mingle with them... What do you think Mbazi.. Can you stay..

" aaah Zila, i wanted to leave here as soon as possible..i don't want father and mother to be worried, if it will make you happy..Then I will stay..one more night will not kill me..I will stay and watch their kakun night..

I stayed, Zila wanted to take me round the clan, I hesitated but later agreed with the hope I will see the strange girl.. I wanted to ask Zila her name but resisted the urge, I wondered why I'm feeling this way for an ordinary outcast, does she has strange powers too, I'm I charmed.. Why do I keep thinking of her, what's so special about her

I wondered to myself as I carefully walked round with Zila, not touching anything and avoiding some parts that are regularly used by the outcast, I saw them going back into their huts as we come into view, any one that sees me and Zila coming will either hide or disappear off, their faces were covered, including children and adult, i never saw the strange girl, I saw some young people some stood while some went into hiding,

I also saw a young Lady standing by a hut with her face mask, she was all covered up, she was facing our direction, I asked Zila who was talking who she was, she laughed and said that's the same girl that brought me down and i saw earlier in her farmland with Ladi before she ran off,

I turned to look at her again but she has disappeared into her hut, I asked Zila why she was covered up, Zila replied that

"probably she looked at you when she doesn't suppose to, is unworthy of her to look you straight into your eyes, she thought she will defy you with her looks, well that's their general believe, is better for them to watch you under the facial mask rather than for you to see their eyes. Which they maybe tempted to look at you, whereby defying your person,

We are born to an important man of the tribe, Pah is a tribe leader and the people fear and respects him, most of them here who sees your tattooed wrist band felt like we are too worthy to be among them, your wrist band shows the kind of family you came from, that was why I trashed my own on my first week here and cover the tattoo with this hand made cowry bead, that's big time discrimination Mbazi... Is very wrong..

Zila keep talking as we tour round the clan, and it all looks normal to me, this people are harmless, if not they would have hurt me and Zila long time since, but instead they treated us special not wanting us to become like them, I can't untagged them from being forbidden, because that's what they have always being for decades, nobody can change it.

We returned back to the hut and Zila made a delicious food, I didn't bother to ask her what it was, I enjoyed the food, I sat outside with her after the meal, Ladi came and stood at a distance, he asked how our evening was going Zila replied him, then he proceed to apologise for eavesdropping earlier, he started by saying everything I was told or heard about him is never true, it was a plot by his father's younger brother to destroy him after a sudden strange illness wiped his parents and sibling leaving only him, which he doesn't know why the gods spared him and allowed him to become an outcast which was almost like being dead, because you will be tagged forbidden and will never step your feet to the clan again, all your life time will be excluded from the normal people..

Ladi said he use to hate himself back then, and attempted suicides many times but for every reason the gods spared him they only knows, he is happy now and look forward to every kakun night, where they celebrate instead if mourn like they use to, he is more happy having a friend in Zila but he will never advice her to be in this place, she will have a better live outside here, he has tried to encourage her to go back but she seem to be stiff necked and will never listen to anyone,

" i..Will be glad if she listens to you and leave, marry a worthy man and have children with him not unworthy fellow like me, being here..and having unwanted feeling for Zila is totally wrong and very impossible Union, it will never happen in our life time so please take her home, where she belong, as much as she will always be welcome but there's no home for her here...Zila..please listen to your brother and go home...please I want you safe and happy...

Ladi talked maturely, I looked at Zila who Sat beside me, her face normal, not sad or happy, I knew she will never agreed to follow me home, her mind was made up on staying with the outcast

Ladi, from his tune I knew he love Zila but felt unworthy of being with her, I like the young man already, I began to see him as normal not like the evil child he was tagged, Zila was right, I just needed to listen to them and hear their stories for me to understand, I looked forward to the kakun night, to hear their different stories,

being here is wrong and forbidden, if Zila isn't going then I will leave her behind, I can't force her

The following day, the community gathered for the kakun celebration, it wasn't big clan but they were united, the local drum played, they beat hard on it making a fine music, they sing and dance, fire burning in the centre as they gather round, I and Zila had a stand where we watch them from, after the whole dancing and singing thing, it was time for stories, as they retold their stories all over again, or stories of how they found love and brotherhood among themselves,

I listened to some of their amazing stories and realized that they didn't choose the live they found themselves in, selfish and wicked people choose it for them, they are happy living among their kind,

a tear dropped from my eyes and I knew right then that even mingling with them does not defy me, eating and drinking with them does not defy me, looking into their eyes not to facial mask doesn't defy me or make me one of them, I'm already one of them, because we live on same land, is not like they live and operate in the air while we live in the land, we all breath the same air and drink same water, we celebrate birth and death like they do, so what exactly is the difference, absolutely nothing, is ignorance that's is our enemy not this people, we needed to see that same blood runs in our veins and that we are one people,

Despite all of this things going in my thoughts, I was scared, I can never speak of the outcast to father or anybody because they all see them as a forbidden people,

As I lay awake that night I thought of ways for me and Zila to liberate them but it was an impossible mission..
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 12.
Written by Amah

The following morning, I was suppose to be on my way home, but I became reluctant to go, I started seeing the outcast different from my previous perception on them, I slowed down in my haste to rush back home,

My stomach tightened, it was filled up with worries, Riko was right about the outcast, he saw them as unfortunate fellows, who fell a victim to peoples selfish desires,

Zila and Riko saw them as normal people even when I had huge doubt about them,

Riko was afraid to speak up because he was an ordinary person, but he trusted me enough to talk to me, encouraging me to go to the outcast,

now i can see that my whole childhood was messed up with the untrue stories of the outcast, even father has instilled a great fear in us, he has made us to believe that the outcast are very deadly set of people, who doesn't look or sound like a normal humans, i had terrifying dreams about them, just because I filled my mind with the fear of them, I dreaded them so much, and we dare not talk about them, or we maybe tagged as them,

but the first person I saw in the outcast was the strange girl, she neither have ferns or blood shot eye or horns, or vampire long teeth, she was plane, beautiful to behold, she maybe unable to speak because i have not seeing or hard her speak but I know she has a beautiful heart, it doesn't really matter if she can speak or not, and the first voice that spoke to me was strong kind voice..

When Zila brought food to me that morning, I told her I wasn't hungry, she asked what the problem is I told her I was fine I just wanted to take a tour to the water fall, I will be back, she nodded.

I quietly, walked down the path leading to the water fall, I needed to be alone and think, and I wanted to be sure I wasn't going crazy, I wondered how to face father with the reality of my discovery, the fear of being disowned, will father disown me and Chase me out if I speak kindly about the outcast, I'm the first son of my Pah, I suppose to live by example, so that my brothers could follow, father will feel like I'm misleading them if I talk about the outcast, why I'm I so scared, unlike Zila, she was never afraid of anything, she is even ready to be an outcast, but fear build in like a hard rock inside me, all I want is to make father proud, not to bring shame and disgrace to the family, being a first Born comes with a whole lot of responsibilities, I must live up to the expectation, father expected me to be married soon and raise a family because I have come of age, I needed to start working towards that, but I'm caught in the web of confusion, my broth...

Kraaaakaaa...came the noise from the bush path, halting me from me deep thought, I looked but didn't see anybody, all the outcast has gone into hiding as usual after they saw me, I looked again but nobody was in view, I shouted "who is there, but got no response,

then suddenly I heard a female voice, which was a shock to me, i wasn't expecting a female voice among the bushes because the young and old women are always keeping their distance from me since I arrived here, which wasn't a surprise,

" you are not allowed to go through this path, there's a path created for people like you, this is our path, the forbidden path, please turn back and pass through the right path, your sister was suppose to warn you about passing through here...is not right for you to step your feet on already defied soil...

I listened to the female voice speak from the nearby bush, I love the voice, it sounded so rich,

if it was before, oh let me say it was just yesterday i started having a different believe, a different opinion, if it was before when i was having a wrong mentality about the outcast, I would have ran back, out of ignorance to follow the right path but thanks to the gods and to Zila, I know better now, I replied the voice

"The path you are talking about.. Who created it and in who's land is it suited, don't be foolish, I know you meant well but you speak out of foolishness, I'm sorry I don't mean it as an insult, the moment I step my feet into your Land I piratically become one of you, I have eaten food and drank water from this land, I was at the kakun celebration last night, I have walked were the outcast walk and set my feet where there feets has been, so tell me what exactly are you shielding me from.. I appreciate your kindness by trying to protect me from becoming an outcast but is not necessary anymore, it would have being appreciated if I breath in different air from you and I walk or live on the air not in the land.. So you see is not relevant..is not necessary at all, please come out of your hiding..I'm as harmless as you are... And looking at me without your facial veil will not defy me, if there's anything like being defy...then I would have being long time defied or contaminated, but there's nothing like that, is a wrong thing to think you people are less humans, thereby treating yourself worst than your enemies, any body that choose to come over to your land willingly, should also become an outcast immediately he or she step into this place, you don't have to protect the person from becoming part of you...I don't even understand how that works here, is a wrong beliefs to think you can defy me because I can't be defy with a mare look or touch...

There was silent, which has become normal to me, I waited for the person to come out but nobody showed up, I had another sound then silent follows, I thought of going into the bush to search for the person but changed my mind and walked away,

After my tour at the waterfall and having a long crazy uninterrupted quiet time to my self I decided to retuned back,

I slowed my step when I got close to the hut, I was hearing a female voice and it wasn't Zila's voice, it was the same voice that spoke to me earlier along the bush path, as I got closer I saw Zila, she was with Ladi and the strange girl, Zila was sitting while they stood at a distance,

It quickly downed on me that it was the strange girl that spoke to me

They went quiet as I joined them, and the strange girl try to run off but i begged her to stay, she stood for sometime and took off again, she runs like a gizzard, and disappear in a twinkle of an eye,

I was so sure that it was her voice that i heard and i was glad to know that she can speak,

Zila brought food and I Sat and ate, Ladi was around, I begged him to stay when he wanted to leave, he stayed and we talked like friends, while he was still standing as he refused to sit,

I enjoyed the meal and Ladi's presence too, I shamelessly asked of the strange girl's name but Zila and Ladi said I should ask the girl by myself that she will tell me,

I decided not to bother them, whenever the strange girl is ready to talk to me face to face I will be waiting..

The day went by and the following morning I prepared to return back to my tribe and to give mother the leaf that Will make her whole again,

Zila and Ladi wanted to walk me down, the strange girl showed up and stood at a distance, i was very happy to see her, despite she was on her facial veil, Ladi pleaded with Zila to go with me but she ignored him, I listened to them as they began to argue,

Deep down I knew My going back is not a goodbye for me,

I Will find away to talk to Father, I will do everything I can even if it will cause me my birthright as the first son..
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 13.

"Except if you don't love or care about me like I do... You don't really care..all that matters to you is to see me leave here..you hate to see my face... You feel you don't deserve anybody to love you because you are not worthy... I see I'm wasting my time with you...

" Zila please don't say that...please.. I only want you to be happy and safe..I want you to have a normal live.. And you can't have a normal live among the outcast...I'm a forbidden soul..Zila..I..

.I..I can't offer you anything because I'm worthless... I don't deserve somebody like you..please understand me.. And leave with Mbazi...there's no home here for you in a place like this... Yo..

"That's the annoying part..when you keep saying that..it pisses me off.. There's a home for me here..far better than what I grew up with..there's a loving home..where every one is accepted no matter what your sins may be, a home where there's love and unity among the people... A home where there's no discrimination.. That's where I want to be Ladi.. You are not worthless.. Stop saying stupid things like that... Everyone is equal before the gods.. I'm not saying you should offer me anything.. all i want is your love.. Stop telling me to go with Mbazi, to go and get married and have a family... I don't want to go.. Stop forcing me..I'm tired of you constantly telling me to leave here... Me coming here was my own choice..I wasn't forced and i didn't commit any crime to be cast off...I choose to come and live among you...and I'm not complaining... If I decides to live tomorrow I Will do that willingly not you forcing me to live.. I have loved you Ladi.. I love you even when I can't see what you look like underneath those ugly facial mask, you have not bother to even allow me have a peep of what you look like, it doesn't bother me much because I'm in love with your person..your spirit and soul not with the face, if you choose to show me what you look like it won't matter much...why can't reciprocate..I'm not asking for heaven or earth but your love...love me back..stop pushing me off..

"I do Zila...I really lo..lo...uhmm..Zila I feel stupid already trying to say that..I don't deserve you..I'm not worthy of your love..and I don't even deserve to have feelings towards you..is impossible thing... I don't want you to be hurt.. It Will kill me..I want you to be happy.. I will be very happy knowing you are living a honourable live outside here..please..oh Zila...why are you doing this...I really do lo...

" say it...say it out loud..say it Ladi..I want to hear you say that you love me.. Why is it heavy for you to say..why is it stock in your throat...if you really do love me..say it out..say it Ladi..

"Zila..please don't do this..please I beg you..you are tormenting me...I can't say it I feel unworthy of saying it..please Zila..

I listened as Zila and Ladi kept on arguing... The strange girl was quite all through.. Zila sounded like she want yo cry..and I watched tears roll down her face as she kept asking Ladi to say the word..Ladi looks so tormented... He tried to move close to Zila but went back again..he wanted to hold her but don't know how..I wanted to go and hold Zila, she needed to understand Ladi, Ladi loves her..it was so obvious from the start but he doesn't know how to say the word " love" because is the only thing he lacked from childhood, he felt undeserving of Zila loving him..I saw that from his actions and tone of voice..he sound like a wounded Young man

Then I watch Zila make a threat

"If you don't say it Ladi, if you don't say that you love me... then I will leave here with Mbazi, and you Will never ever hear of me again..

I watch as Ladi move uncomfortably.. Like a confused young man, he wipe something from his face, i guess he was crying beneath the mask, Zila was really putting a hard choice to him like a knife to his throat..other outcast came out of their huts to watch the two love birds..I know Zila didn't mean to follow me home, she just wanted to hear Ladi say the word, I needed to save the moment, so I walked up to Zila and drew her into My arms, she sobbed, I assured her that Ladi loves her but is very hard for him to say at the moment, she nodded and I knew she believed me.

After the drama between Zila and Ladi, they walked me down silently, nobody said a word, I needed to speak to the strange girl alone, who was also following quietly, so I kissed my sister goodbye and waved at Ladi, who nodded back at me, they turned back quietly, Ladi still kept his distance from Zila, I heard Zila say something to him, but he didn't respond, but later said something that got Zila laughing and running after him, which he ran faster to avoid Zila getting close,

I smiled and knew Zila Will be fine. She found not just somebody that loves and Care about her but also a friend in Ladi.

I continued my journey with the strange girl who was ahead of me, distancing herself, I looked up the tree and knew somebody was watching us, but I needed to talk to the girl, who was also on a facial veil

"Hmmm..slow down..I'm going back home not to war, stop making me to rush after you.. I'm not in a haste... What is this road path called..

I wanted to start a conversation with her but she wasn't responding.. I tried saying some other things but she never reply.. I begged for her name but she still ignore me..

" why are always like this...I heard you speak to me through the bush path along the waterfall.. I recognized your voice, Why are you not talking and always running away from me, I'm begging for your name please.. What is your name... Hmmmm...okay.I..I give up..

We walked silently until I got to the boundary, she stood and faced me as i proceed my journey alone, I sighed heavily knowing I will really miss seeing her and not being able to get even her name,

I was already told on how to go about my journey to avoid being seen by my people, I walked down leaving her standing by an big oak tree, I felt like running back and forcing the name out of her, I wanted to shake her up until she's able to tell me what her name is, why is everyone over here stubborn, Ladi obviously love Zila but it was difficult for him to prophesy it to her, the strange girl comfortably spoke to me among the grown bushes but find it difficult to give me her name or even to talk with me, is really heart breaking, I felt sad but cheer myself up as i proceed with My journey, I looked back to Wave her good bye if she will at least Wave back but she was gone, I stood and scanned the whole place with my eyes but she was nowhere to be found, I turned and continued my lonely journey then suddenly i heard the same voice again

"Kumar...Kumar is the name.

I quickly turned in shock because I wasn't expecting the sudden boast, she was up the tree, she spoke so loudly that it echoed in my head, " Kumar...Kumar".

I stood and smile up the tree, even though I couldn't see her because the oat tree leaves covered her up and whoever that was with her up there,

"Thank you Kumar, I appreciate... Good bye..

I wasn't expecting a reply but it came with my name in it, the way she called my name, sounded so sweet to my ears, I felt like running up the tree and giving her a warm hug.

" Good bye Mbazi...thank you for accepting us the way we are..may the gods bless you as you travel down to your people.. Your sister is safe with us until she decides to return back...go well Mbazi..

I was speechless just hearing her speak to me in that manner, I smile boldly before bowing my head in respect after which i turned and continue my journey with joy in my heart.
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 7:58pm On Feb 01, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 14

Written by Amah

As I got closer to my clan my heart began to beat faster, all I can think of is how to face father, he will skin me alive if he dares finds out where I have being for the past few days and will do even worst to me if he also finds out I know where Zila has being all this while,

I trust Riko, Riko will never tell him anything about my journey to the outcast to bring Zila home

Is unfortunate I couldn't achieve my main purpose of going down to the outcast, which was to bring Zila back, and to return the loving spark that has gone out of My family since Zila Left,

I wish Zila had listened and followed me back at least for mother sake but I don't have any regrets as she decided to stay back, deep down I'm happy to leave her behind, she has found her place, she is happy with the man she love, returning home for her will be very cruel, she will be under father's watch until he hands her over to her suppose husband to be, and Zila will be unhappy for the rest of her live, and may even run away if she couldn't bear it anymore, that's not the kind of live I wish for her,

I want Zila to be happy and she was comfortable with the outcast, I'm happy for that

As I entered my tribe it was getting late, darkness has started covered the earth, i wanted to delay further, so that every where will be very dark, so that by the time I gets home father will be asleep,

so I decided to pass through another road which was a long walk to My house, there were stick torch on every corner of the road, I passed few people on the way, who greeted me and I respond even though i didn't recognise all of them, I gently walked bending my head, not willing to greet any body,

I heard some ladies gigging, I raised my head and looked at them, they were two young ladies passing by with their fire torch light,

they looked at me, one bent to the others ear and whispered something, they both laughed again,

then one mustered courage to speak, asking the second Lady to wait at a distance

"My kind greetings, my name is Marie, are you not Mbazi..elder brother to one of the most handsome young men of our tribe, Mekah and Mukeh are your brothers..

My greetings to you too, yes..I'm Mbazi..is there a problem.. And Mekah and Mukeh are my brothers..how can I help you..

" that's good to know...you have not being around for several days now, we were afraid that you have gone missing like your sister, Zila, we asked your brother Mekah, and he said you visited a friend in another tribe, and to also look for a woman to marry.. But we have several beautiful women in our tribe, you can make your choice from here, I know I can't decide for you on who to marry, It worries me in particular.. Because my Pah is a friend to your Pah, they sit together at the festival some times,And is just that you don't like making friends..same thing with your sister..have always wanted to be a friend..so where you able to find the wife you seek..

"Okay Marie, I'm very tired from my long journey, I would have love to answer all your question but this is not the perfect time..please the night is fast approaching.. Run along now before your Pah starts looking for you..

" we will.. My friend over there is a friend to Mekah your brother, her name is Jarina, she is very shy...they have being friends for months now.. I guess you are aware, and they plan to get married once they get approval from your Pah and hers too, but we don't mind visiting you tomorrow, may be you will be able to answer my question...and we will get to know each other better..if you don't mind..

I looked at her again, she was beautiful with a cute smile and a slender body, she talks and smile exposing her well set White teeth, I knew Mekah was seeing someone but i never met the person, maybe I have but have not taking note if them, I was too busy with my self to even notice, Marie giving me attention wasn't strange because I got that some times when I move with father, I see the young Ladies staring at me, but is never a problem to me, because I have things keeping me busy than being betrothed to any one and getting married, although it will give father Joy but I wasn't ready, the only person my heart ever beat for was Kumar, and I carried her in my heart like a jewel, I will never speak of her to anyone except Riko, who always understands,

I needed to walk out of Marie and her shy friend but not in a rude way, so I told her I may not be around tomorrow but she can check other days,

She smiled before walking to her friend who came and greeted me warmly, smiling sheepishly, I nodded and smile back before walking away,

I looked back at them as they walked down, and found out Marie was also looking back at me, but my heart did not beat, neither did shiver runs through my veins like it did for Kumar,

As I got home, Riko was the first I met standing by the fence, he looks so tall which make me Wonder if he grows taller everyday, as I approach him, he smile and met me half way,

" I know you will return, the gods has being kind to you, I believe your trip was a success..

I gave him a warm handshake, which he grab with both hands, I was happy to be back but I know is just for the moment,

I sat with him outside and I tried to tell him how how my journey went, he hushed me to be quiet as Mekah and Mukeh, my two brothers approached us,

they smiled as they saw me through the help of the wood torchlight on every corner of the House,

They both greeted me happily, then Mukeh spoke

"Zila still didn't return, she's not back yet, mother is still sick and father is getting sober day by day, everybody is still as you left..do you know what could have become of Zila... I know you will hush me from talking about the outcast but sometimes I dream where the outcast captured her, what if is true..maybe they eventually catch in a lonely wood and plan feeding on her..she alw...

" shhhh, don't say that Mukeh, father has always warned us not to speak of the outcast, they are forbidden people And the gods will not allow Zila to be caught by them, they will not see her and she will not see them, may the gods forbid such..Zila will return someday, she is alive somewhere because if she was dead they would have seen her carcass, but nobody saw any sign that she was dead, that alone gives Pah and mother hope that she will probably return home someday..

I didn't know what to say to my two brothers that seem worried over Zila disappearance, I looked at Riko and he looked at me, I needed to change the topic,

"Brothers do not worry Zila will return, and I got some leaves from my journey, it was well recommended by qualified medicine men, who are far higher than Lan our medicine man here, it will cure mother instantly after she applies it, So do not worry everything will eventually be alright.... And I heard Mekah is planing to marry.. Two ladies stopped me on my way back to introduce themselves.. Mekah are you doing hide and seek relationship...

" nooo...Jarina is just a friend, she likes coming around and...I really like her..Pah knows about it and he didn't stop me from seeing her.. He only said when the right time comes for me to marry he will go and see her people... and Marie likes you Mbazi.. She is always about you whenever she visits with Jarina...I guess father want you to get married first before us, because you are his first son, and that's why he urges you to let him know any woman you are interested in so that he can go and speak to the Lady's parents....so do you have any body yet or you like Marie...

I didn't know what to reply as i thought of Kumar, Riko step in to my defense

"Mbazi is very tired from his journey he needs to go and rest..

I nodded my head in agreement to what Riko saying and stood up to leave,

my two brothers followed me while Mekah kept on talking about Jarina, Mukeh was only laughing at the way Mekah was passionately talking about her,

I left them and went into my chamber to rest leaving them outside as they argued, I have more trouble in my plate, I needed to face father with the Truth tomorrow even though I know it won't go down well,

I thought of Kumar again before falling asleep, hoping to dream of her but the only Lady that filled my dream was Marie not Kumar..

To be continued
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 7:59pm On Feb 01, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 15

Written by Amah

As i woke up that morning the first thing I did was to go and check up on mother, she was still asleep, I decided to go and prepare the leaf that Zila gave me for her,

My pah's big chamber was next to mother's, so when he came out and I greeted him, he asked me how my journey went I told him it was fine,

I showed him the healing leaf I brought for mother, he looked at it and asked me where I got it from, i told him it was my friend that gave it to me, he sighed and said he doesn't believe in all this things, that Lan the medicine man has given mother different things, herbs, root and different kinds of leaf but yet nothing has changed, she is even getting worst day by day and it worries him greatly,

He wish Zila will resurface, he wish to see Zila again, he prays to the gods everyday to keep her safe wherever she is,

I reassured him that mother will be fine after I minister the leaf the way I was directed, he shakes his head and I knew he didn't believe me but still gave me a go ahead to try

I did everything I was told to do, and mother's health started improving after few days, she can get up from the bed in the morning to prepare breakfast, something she have not being able to do for a Long time, the only thing that saddened her was Zila, she so much pray to see her face again,

Father was happy on seeing mother up and lively, it gave him joy, he called me one day asked me where my friend got the medicine leaf from and I told him it grows in his tribe, he said I should invite my friend over, or we should go and thank him for his kindness, I told him not to worry when next I go over I will thank him,

I still haven't being able to tell him anything concerning the outcast, I couldn't summon up courage to do that, my Pah is very strict, I'm afraid what he will do,

I Think of Kumar everyday and wondered if she ever thinks of me too, her thought consume me that I have to tell Riko about her, Riko said although is an impossible love, because of who she is, but the gods will show me favour, I told him I will one day talk to Pah about the outcast, and await my fate, it won't be a secret forever, it just a matter of time,

Riko feared for me and never try to discourage me from talking about them to Pah, and I was determined to Tell him one day,

One day Me and Riko followed Pah to our clan annual festival, marie's father sat beside my Pah and they talk about something and laugh as other tribe leaders joined in,

I saw Marie, she was well dressed and was decorated with beads, when she saw me she smiled and came to kneel before her father and my Pah in greeting, they blessed her in response before she stood up, she smiled at me again and I smiled back, she was really beautiful in her attire she was among the dancers and she did well in her performance,

she kept glancing at me on every move she makes, her slender body moved freely, seductively, Marie danced with others, Jarina wasn't among the dancers, I guess she was shy as usual to perform in a public place, If Zila was around she will rather be alone in the wood than to join her fellow young maidens in the festival dance, Zila is hardly seeing in a public place like this,

If Kumar wasn't an outcast I know she will perform even better than Marie, I wish there was no boundary or law between us, I would have love to see her everyday,

Marie was putting extra effort in her performance, which brought out her curves, she looked in my direction again and smile and I smile back,

After the whole dance thing was over, I stood with Riko while waiting for father to finish his speech, as he tries to applaud those that performed, he thanked everyone Who participated in one thing or the other, everyone applauded him, I listened as he warns everyone to obey the law that governs the land so that they will not become a forbidden soul..he kept talking warning everyone to keep away from evil so that they won't be cast off and become an outcast,

My heart began to beat as he passed warning to everyone concerning the outcast, Riko turned to me and whispered "don't be discourage to follow your heart, for you and your sister, maybe the gods chose you and Zila to be the Redeemer of the outcast,

I nodded without a word, because deep down I was taking over with fear,

Marie later walked up to me on our way home, my Pah was speaking to her father in a serous mood,

" Mbazi...i know you will come with your Pah, I'm glad you came.. hope you enjoyed today's performance..

"Sure Marie..I did..you performed well.. I'm impress..

" thank you...I like it when your father speak, he is full of wisdom... Do you listen to the part when he talk about the outcast, the forbidden people, I know we are not allowed to speak of them freely but I so much hate them...they are so deadly, any one who crosses their boundary becomes like them, they will grow teeth like vampires, horns will sprout out of their fore head, blood shot eyes and deadly Long nails, I even heard they feed on humans, that's their only mids of survival, do you ever thought of your sister's disappearance, what if she was captured and taken captive by them, I know she knows better and she will not dare get close to their boundary, probably she got lost some where, only the gods knows,... Hmmmm do you have an idea what your Pah is speaking to my father about... I guess is about us.. Can I visit you sometime or can you come around to My side, my Pah will be glad to have you..

"I'm not always free for visitors Marie.. Don't come over to My place i will pay you a visit during my free days...

" Mbazi..don't refer to me as a visitor.. I'm your... Your friend.. I will like to be even more... if you let me..

"My apologise... Alright.... I will be on my way now...my greetings to your household...

I walked home with father silently, I was having a lot of things bothering me, only Riko understands me,

The following day Pah called me in to his Chamber, before he speaks I already knew what the serious talk is all about, unknown to him I have being waiting for the perfect time to also lay off the heavy things that has being weighing me down for weeks and now was the perfect time, I think I'm ready to finally face father..

Read more of the story here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-outcast
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 16.

Written by Amah

"I have spoken to her father, she is a very beautiful maiden, her name is Marie, I guess you already knows that And doesn't have a bad record of any wrong doing and her father can attest to that too, she came from a good family, is high time Mbazi, is time to start a family of your own, even your younger brothers are making move in that direction, Mekah has already introduce his young friend to me, I did my findings and found out that the girl Mekah introduced to me came from a good family too, her name is Jarina, the only issue she has is not being bold like Marie, always shy.. Which is not a problem for me..all that matters is that she is a good woman... Everybody mustn't be the same...Zila had the same weakness, she doesn't like being in a public place, so you can see that Mekah is making a great move, and it won't be right if he settles down before you...I can see that Marie likes you so much, you two will make a great couple, I know you have things bothering you..I see it in your eyes, I guess is your sister, who has being gone for a Long time now... I also have sleepless night because of her Mbazi.. I don't know what to make out of her disappearance, she was suppose to be married by now, her husband to be was heartbroken for months, he wanted to wait for a year to see if Zila will return, I even told him to move on but he loves your sister, and moving on was a very difficult thing to do, we all have not being able to move on after her disappearance, I have done everything humanly possible to find her but to no avail, my only daughter, who was marked an outcast from birth but I couldn't just...just let her go, I couldn't let my baby girl go and be devoured by hungry animal just because of man made law, I know it was very selfish of me to save Zila, when I have participated in passing judgment to other twin daughters of this land before Zila, maybe the gods threw the ball to my cot, they wanted me to walk in the painful shoes of other parents who lost their female children to mishap, and when I walked in their shoes I knew it was really painful, I was able to save Zila and stopped the twin girl killing since then, but it pains me that I have not being able to keep her in check, I thought I would be able to save her forever, your sister is the daughter if the gods that was why they spared her life, I watch her grow up beautifully, she was beautiful like her mother and shrewd like me, I thought I would be able to protect my only daughter, I tried... I really tried to make sure I handed her over to her husband but she lives in a world of her own, she was looking all cheerful when her marriage preparation was going on... I watch her laugh and smile whenever she was with the young man, I was very happy watching her glow, I will never stop trying... Never...until I find answer to her disappearance, your mother almost dyed because of her and Lan the medicine man couldn't save her, I watch her wasting away, I couldn't do anything either, I cried to the gods for Mercy but they were silent to My plea, then you returned back from visiting your friend and brought that medicine leaf...just like a magic... she....she came back to her self, healed up within few days, I can't thank your friend enough for his kindness and thank you too for your great move, I wish I can travel down with you to your friend's tribe to pay my gratitude, but since you volunteer to do that on your next visit, I will give you some gifts to give him, and tell him he is always welcome in our tribe and our home... Hmmmmm I really do miss my daughter, i look out everyday to see her home, I thought I can... always save her... But I will never stop searching and hoping, So Mbazi is really time... Time to start your own family...I told Marie's father that we will come tomorrow after I finish speaking with you, so that's why I called you...

"Pah, Mekah can go ahead and start a family I'm not in a haste..and is not really a must that I must marry first because I'm the first son..is not a crime if Mekah start a family before me..he has all My blessings... I...

" Mbazi.. You are my first son...you stand at my right hand, i have always taken you to so many gathering since you were still a child, so that when I finally kiss the earth goodbye, you will take over from were I stopped, I don't just take you along with me for fun is for you to learn and be wise, i want to rest in peace knowing well you will be able to take care of things, Listen to your father... I'm your father and I will not make a wrong choice for you... Marie is willing and ready to start a family with you, I want you to make me proud..I want you to marry first so that your brothers can follow your steps, pave way as the first son that you are, but I'm not going to go against your choice if you have any, you are a man and you have right to make your own choice of the kind of woman you want...do you have anybody your heart beat for...

I looked at Pah and went silent, how do I even tell him my heart beat for an outcast girl named Kumar, I thought of a better way to present the outcast to him, i don't want to spoil this father and son conversation, I will present it in away that he will not react harshly, I know Pah can be very difficult but let me first see his reaction...

"Pah...have you ever wondered about Zila...and the...the.. out...cast..

" you are not allowed to speak of them Mbazi...not to me or any body.. The law of the Land forbids it...there's nothing good about them...they are the forbidden people, they comes with so much terror, they aren't humans like us... Zila will never ever go close to their boundary because she knows better...I don't think any normal person will want to dare disobey the law that governs this tribe, no normal person will want to go near the forbidden..

"Pah..Zila was never afraid of anything..not even the people we tagged as the forbidden can scare her off, Pah...Pah what if Zila is there... I know those stories are not true...they are only used to scare us off...and we have being afraid of the outcast for too long... The things we were told concerning them are not true.. Never tru....

" keep shut...are you insane Mbazi...what do you know about the outcast... Have you seen one before... Do you know what they looks like And what they are capable off...may the gods have mercy....why are we even talking about them right now...have you gone nut... Is this the reason I called you in to my chamber... I'm talking about how you can start a family and you are talking about dead people.. I can see what you use your Free time to do... Thinking and talking about useless things... You don't want to be responsible and think something positive...don't be a useless son...I raised you better than that Mbazi... You came from my loins behave like my son... I don't want to hear you talk about the forbidden people ever again, go away from here and get ready for tomorrow, we will visit your wife to be, Marie family will be expecting us...since you are scared of taking responsibility I will help you to become a responsible man..... just the way i raised you to be....

I quietly stood up and walked out sad, unfulfilled, afraid and worried, I can't contend with Pah, he is always strict, I lost my footing anytime he shakes me like he just did, he is my father I can't argue with him, I know someday I will be bold enough to talk about the outcast, but definitely not today, whatever Pah says stands,

Marie is always rubbing herself around me, I'm not attracted to her... yes.. She's very beautiful... Is sad to say that she is even more attractive than Kumar, her physical appearance can lead any man to his doom, she is taller, has curves in a slender body and very attractive, but Kumar is just plain and beautiful in her own way, I find her more beautiful any time I see her even when she covered her face up, her spirit is pure and her heart is voiled of evil, Kumar has deep scars which I guess was inflicted on her when she was a child, I don't know her story yet but I know she has being through a great lot, she has a beautiful soul just like everyone in the forbidden side, the only thing that's holding against them is being an outcast

Father want me to marry Marie but my heart is with Kumar,

What do I do now... Is really sad...

To be continued
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
THE OUTCAST - Episode 17
By Amah

"Pah I don't want to go..I don't want to hurt her feelings in the future, Marie is not the kind of woman I want to settle with..please Pah..allow me to have my own choice in terms of marriage, my..my heart is with another..

" I'm a very important Man in this clan people respect and honor me, if one of My children makes a mistake it will be easily notice just because everyone of us is a public figure, and we all suppose to live a life of dignity, an exemplary life, I don't want you to make a wrong choice of Woman, it will be demeaning to my name, and will affect you in the future, I don't just want that Mbazi, not for you or your brothers, I want you to live a life others will love to emulate...a life to be proud off, you are my first son Mbazi, a son of my right hand, I want you to be like me, wise and smart, I want you to sit with the leaders of this tribe and judge fairly, so that the people of our tribe will boast with your name, they will sing your praise in different tribes and languages, they will say "Mbazi, the great Man, the Man of wisdom and strength, the son of mukattabaziela, they will keep singing your praise Mbazi.. Don't you want that.. Don't you want your name to be among the great leaders of our tribe, next to my name, Just look at my father your grandfather, the great Kumulazi, he was a great leader, then my name is next to his. Now check this and see how satisfying it sound, the great Mbazi, son of Mukattabaziela son of Kumulazi and the list goes on, I just want the best for you my son... Nothing but the best..

" I totally understand Pah, I just want to be given opportunity to make my own choice, to marry the woman I will cherish forever just like you and mother..Marie is a good choice, she is a very beautiful maiden, many men will fight to have her as wife, she is beautiful to behold, I never said she isn't but she's not the right choice for me,

" so tell me, who do you want and I will do my findings on her background before we proceed with the marriage preparation, I don't want to force my choice on you, tell me Mbazi..who is this maiden that captured your heart..talk to your father..

I became silent, how can I tell Pah that the only Woman I so much desired lives far away from our tribe, deep down in the wood, her name is Kumar and she's an outcast, how do I tell father,

"Pah, she lives in a different tribe, beyond the rivers, I met her in my last trip when I visited my friend, her tribe grows different herbs and leaf for medicine, she is also good in mixing herbs and root for healing, it was from there i was given the medicine that cured mother, her name is...her name is... Kumar...Kumar...I can't remember her father's name..

" hmmm, Kumar..sounds good, I can see that you really love the girl, I'm glad she's from a good tribe according to what you just said, they specified in herbs to cure different illness, if she becomes your wife she will be able to cure different people, they will come to her with their sadness and she put smiles on their faces, is a good thing my son, I'm glad you are making the right choice but I need to see this woman, I need to know her father and the kind of family she comes from, if they have bad history or having any relatives that is an outcast, having an outcast in their family is a bad history, hope you understand that, like us, from our forefathers till date we don't have any outcast, Zila would have being but the gods did not allow such a bad omen to befall us, or staining our lineage, so we are clean and many people Will love to be part of our family because we don't have a bad history, so when do I start my findings and when do we proceed to her place...or do you want to invite her over first.. Let's meet her

I...will let you know when to start..yes...good idea I will invite her over... I will go over and get her..

"Alright Mbazi, take your time but don't take long in doing the necessary thing, I'm solidly behind you my son, first before you proceed with anything concerning Kumar, go over to Marie's place, i want you to talk to her like a man, I don't want to tell you what to say to her but iron things out, because her hope and believe is that she is your future wife, I don't want her to feel betrayed, I know she will feel bad but is better said now than later, I will speak to her father but go now and speak with her, don't get her hopes dashed...

I bow to father in respect and left to see Marie as father suggested, when I got there she was really happy and I began to Wonder how she will feel if I tell her the reason I came..

" Mbazi..I'm so happy to see you, my father said you were supposed to come with your Pah, you came ahead of him..I'm glad..

"Marie..my father Will come later but I needed to speak to you privately... Hmmm.. Marie..you are a very beautiful woman, you are every man's desire... But..

" I already know that.. I get lots of compliment from different men, but I have being waiting for this day, the day you will compliment me specially, I take extra time to prepare my self for you, I have fancied you for long, I dream of you and looked forward to the day you will eventually notice me, and it was a dream come to true when we started speaking and father and your Pah started making plans for us to marry, I can't wait to become your Bride Mbazi, the day of the festival, the last one we attended, I dressed and danced for you, I danced like never before because i know you were watching, you are equally very handsome and you are the son of a great leader of our tribe, everybody speaks of your Pah's wisdom and judgemental skills, I know you Are going to be like him because you are his right hand son, I will be very proud and our unborn children and different tribes will worship you like a god, I see a great future for us.. I'm a very bold person, i speak my mind, and don't like hiding or pretending, hope you Will like my kind of person...

She laughed as she kept talking, I like her person, very Free but still my heart was stuck with Kumar, I sort different ways to tell her my main purpose of coming but I couldn't just do it, I couldn't kill her high spirit,

When I later Left without telling her exactly the way I feel about her, i felt very bad, is totally different from the way she feels about me, saying that to her will definitely hurt her, I wish I was bold like her or outspoken like my Pah,

I returned back Pah asked me how it went I told him it was one of the hardest thing to do, I couldn't do that to her, all I did was listen to her speak to me about how she want our future to be..she had high dreams and hopes for us and I had non, I can't kill it, I don't know how to.

Pah told me not to worry he will go and speak to her and the father, he said i still have to explain to Marie, she deserve an explanation, Pah asked me to proceed with my journey to bring the Woman my heart beat for,

I have being wondering all around the wood, I don't know if I should proceed to the outcast, or go back home, my animal skin leather bag is packed up, hanging down My shoulder, I just don't know what to do,

I spoke with Riko earlier about the whole thing and he asked me to go ahead to the outcast and make my feeling known to Kumar first, then I should come back and tell Pah the truth, which will be very dangerous

How do I even Tell Pah that the woman my heart beat for is an outcast,

I faced the outcast deadly road after taking three steps I returned back again, I needed to make up my mind on what to do

Something was urging me to go ahead with my journey, what ever happens I should be Man enough to face it,

Father said there was never any bad history of the outcast in our lineage, I and Zila will bring a great curse to the family, if we end up with an outcast it will be unforgiven, and being the first son comes with responsibility,

As much as I don't want to disappoint Pah I still have to do what I'm at peace doing but i still have fears

Something must be done quickly,

I'm still standing in the wood wondering which way to go, go back and marry Marie so that I can make father proud or go down to the outcasts and be with Kumar,

Hardest decision of my life.

To be continued
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2019
The Outcast - Episode 18

Written by Amah

I concluded on what to do as I headed to the rafiko way, I walked so fast without looking back, I don't want to have a reason to go back again, I wasn't scared as I passed through Thorn bushes, rafiko way was the same way zila was asked to follow so that she won't be seen, and it was same way she pass through when she returned to the outcast,

Is a hidden Apian way, one Will ever know there's a small path way there hidden among over grown Thorn bushes,

There's a set trap on all the outcast boundaries, but no hidden trap on a the rafiko way because there's always an outcast hiding in the tall rafiko tree, on a watch just in case anybody dares pass through that path, I move the tall bushes off my path as I proceed,

When I finally got to the boundary I heard a strong scaring voice coming from the tree, of which I know they have seeing me from the tree even before I got close, I wasn't scared because I have seeing them and live among them, I know what they are capable off, they have more human sympathy than the people from my tribe, I know if it was before I would have being shivering in fear but not again, I pause as I heard the man hard voice spoke to me

"Who told you about this way and what do you seek among us, who are you...

" my name is Mbazi, this is my second visit, I have a sister who lives among you, her name is Zila, I seek to pass because I'm a harmless troubled man, I bring no trouble to you, I'm a man on an important mission, i plead thee to show me the right and easy path to get to the outcast..

"What important mission are you in...you are not meant to be on this forbidden path..we are the outcast, this is not a place to go and come as you like, we can't help you and we don't have answers to your quest

" I see no different between you and i, I see the outcast as I Will see my brothers and sisters back home, you are only marked and cast off because of the selfishness of men, I have dined and walk among you, I'm not less of an outcast, i can't speak to you about my mission now, what troubles me weighs heavily in my heart, I have to see my sister first with your permission...I plead thee..

Then excruciating silent filled the whole place, I waited for another voice but nothing came, I shouted again up the tree with anger but nothing came, which was well expected, I thought my second visit Will be more easier, I paced up and down until I heard the voice again

"You speak like a wise man yet your heart is not at peace, patient Mbazi, patient, somebody is on the way down to direct you.. I pray to the gods to give you the answers you seek..

I waited patiently hoping it will be Kumar that will show me my way down, but a young boy jumped down from one of the trees around, his faced was covered with facial mask, I didn't notice how he got there but I followed him as I was directed, he walked fast ahead and I followed suit,

When we got to the outcast clan, it was already evening, i kept looking around for Kumar but she was no where to be seen, the boy stopped as we got close to Zila's hut and turned back, I walked silently to her hut, I can hear voice from inside, A man dressed in cheetah kind of animal skin long robe, he was sitting outside Zila's veranda, close to her room, as I came closer he turned in my direction, his face wasn't fully masked, he only had a little mask to his eyes, the rest if his face were bare, he quickly stood and move back as he saw me,

He greeted me warmly and I nodded in silent, i knew it was Ladi, he looked so different and more like a young Prince if not for his eyes covering, he shouted happily to Zila but Zila laughed before replying him

"Zila, Your brother has returned..

"Your trick Will not work on me today Ladi, try again next time...my brother is back hom...

Before she could complete her sentence I shouted her name, she came out with speed and threw herself in to my arms, I held her, then Ladi spoke, he sounded worried

" you came back Mbazi, hope all is well with you and your household, oh you came back for your sister...she is well taking care off over here but if she agrees to follow you nothing will stop her?

I knew he was more worried about not seeing Zila again, his word defies the tune in his voice, I understand that feeling, we are both wearing the same shoe, mine is a little different because I have not made my feeling known to Kumar, I didn't bother to reply him, Zila loosened up and asked me

"How's mother's health, do you remember to use the leaf as you were directed, how's is everyone back home..what brought you back.. You looked troubled, please come inside and sit

Ladi said his goodnight as the night approach and left, Zila hit something in a small local stove fire and served me,

It tasted like a sour almond fruit and herbs, I squeezed my face as I swallowed the first spoon,

" what in the gods name is this..

"Herbal soup with almond seed, it Will help you relax well and you will feel great by morning, drink it all up, it will help you

I obeyed and ate the soup, and within a second after eating I felt sleepy and passed out,

When I woke up the sunlight penetrating from the window greeted my face, I felt good And energize, I slept for so long, Zila came in from outside

" you have awaken, I guess you feel better now, I'm glad, is written on your face..so tell me how's mother, what was troubling you

"Mother is well and sound after I gave her the leaf just as prescribed, Pah wants me to be married, he wants me to start a family, Mekah is also taking a step in that direction, a Young beautiful maiden is chosen to be my wife..

" that's a good news, is a good thing Mbazi, so what then brought about the troubled face..you are suppose to be happy..

"But I'm not, my heart beat only for Kumar.. The strange girl that hardly speak, since I went back home from here I haven't being able to think straight, all I think off is her, only her Zila not the girl Pah picked for me.. And I didn't see her on my way down here..I really need to see and speak to her as soon as possible

Zila looked at me as if I have said something very strange, she didn't reply immediately, her facial expression changed, I knew then that something was probably wrong.

To be continued
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2019
The Outcast - Episode 19

Written by Amah

My heart began to beat as Zila's face change suddenly, what could be wrong, I began thinking, do Kumar belong to some body else, is she already married, what happened to her,

"Zila, what is wrong, what happened to Kumar, why the strange face, Zila talk to me, I don't like this...

" well..nothing is wrong with Kumar, but me and you can not be prodigal are the same time... Mine is very understandable but yours...you suddenly want to become a prodigal son, after all the training that Pah gave you..

I didn't understand what she meant until she boast out laughing, I realized she was joking, I smiled and said

"You scared me, I thought Kumar was already with a man.. That was an expensive joke..my heart beat just doubled up..we are in this together Zila..

" hahahaha..my brother is in love with an outcast, c'mon Mbazi, ,you are the first son how will Pah feel about that.. He will be seriously heart broken..that's unfair thing to do..rejecting the fine maiden Pah choose for you for an outcast..do you even know her story...

"Hold on..are you seriously taunting me.. Stop the joke and get serious Zila, i don't want to know what her story is, stop reminding me, I already know the trouble in it for me, don't remind me and stop laughing and mocking me..I have had enough self pity before now...stop trying to get back at me.. I know I tried to talk you out of Ladi but you are as stubborn as father..

" okay.. OK..fine, just want you to have a taste of what I felt when you were scolding me about Ladi, I wanted to use same tune and attitude you used, making me feel I was loving a ghost, you saw Ladi as the worst sinner, who doesn't deserve anything good, and made me look like a cursed soul, I loved Ladi despite it all, you can see he is becoming more comfortable around me, I asked him to change his clothing to something better and he did, I asked him to remove the ugly facial mask, he did but left only the eye covering, and the good news is that i have seeing his full face, his eye bulb, he is a good looking, not that the look mattered to me because I have loved him even when I don't know what he looks like, my spirit connected with his on my first week here, he was outspoken and generous, he brought different animal he caught in his trap to me then, him and others made me feel at home here, I lacked nothing, I was love by this strange people Marked out as forbidden, the ways of the gods are strange, now they threw the coin to you for you to understand what it was like for me and Ladi, now you understand better..true love breaks barriers, it breaks boundaries and law, love can be found even in strange places... Do you understand now Mbazi

"Yes..I do Zila, my apologise...I'm sorry for belittling Ladi in the beginning, and tried to talk you out of it, I just wanted the best for you...but I understand better now.. So how can I see Kumar...that is the main thing for me

" not so fast.. You will see her, she usually stop by every mid day to check up on me with Ladi...

"I can't wait to mid day..I really need to see her now...Zila you should understand better...is the matter if the heart..

" fine...patient Mbazi, she is probably by the trap boundary, up the tree, she likes climbing like a squirrel.. I Will Tell Ladi to go fetch her..

"Don't call her squirrel..

" hahahaha...I have never seen you so weak and defensive for a woman..and you are looking so funny too...like a little boy... Hahahaha

Zila was still making jest of me when we hard Ladi calling her from outside, then like a bomb shell to my ear I heard Kumar voice, as I tried to rush out Zila held me back, and said

"Don't rush out like this, wash your face first, comb your hair, you are not on foot wear, wear your sandals, dress well before coming out to show your face to her, I guess she heard you are around that's why she's here early, make her blush at your appearance.. Go and change up..lover boy

" move from the way, I don't have time for all that..all that good looking thing can wait until I'm done talking with Kumar, me and you are both birds of same feather, don't judge me..I didn't chose to feel this way...

"Hahahaha.. Okay, go ahead when you are done talking then you come let's talk about how you will face Pah, may the gods favor you and grant you your desire..

Before Zila could complete her statement I was already out, I saw her standing at a distance with Ladi, They both greeted and I was glad to hear her speak, Zila came out and called Ladi, Ladi Left her standing alone with her facial covering, immediately word failed me, I understand what Zila did is to give me the privacy to speak to her alone, but just standing in front of her, bare footed, looking like a lost child and leaving space between us, I totally lost word to say to the only Woman I have carried and treasured in my heart for weeks,

She spoke instead

" I knew you were going to return back, I have looked forward to seeing you again, I'm glad you came back.. So what exactly brought you back here.. There's nothing much over here, no entertainment, no fine maiden or big chambers to sleep in...Ladi told me you came back for Zila, and he has being worried, I told him that may not be the actual reason but even if it is..Zila doesn't belong here, she will have more better life outside here..

I listened to the sound of her voice, speak to me freely, I was very happy but I needed to see her eyes, the mask was making it difficult..I moved closer, she didn't bother moving back

"Can I ask for a favour.. And please don't say no..

" hmmm, I don't have anything to offer you Mbazi, but go ahead

"I have an important thing to say to you but I need you to please remove your facial mask,

" I Will remove it because I believe every word you said to me by the bush path on your way to the water fall the last time you visited, you made me believe in the impossible..

She pulled off her facial mask and smiled, I smiled back and clutch my hands together, that's the little I can do to keep my boiling feelings down, all I wanted to do was to rush and hug her but I retrain my self from doing that, I asked her to take a walk with me and she agreed, I rushed in and wore my sandals and a waist coat,

We walk silently and I finally broke the silent

"I...I love you Kumar..I have not being able to think straight since I Left here, you occupied the largest part of My heart.. You are the main reason I returned.. Please Kumar..will you...you accept me just as I am, let's be together... Please

" Mbazi.. I don't know how to respond to that... I don't know what to answer you..

"Just say yes.. Just say yes Kumar...and trust me..please..

" do I have a choice.. What if decides to say no..

"I will be seriously hurt..but not withstanding you have a choice, what ever you decides is fine it won't change anything or stop me from loving you... So...please what Will you say to this my bleeding heart

" she laughed out loud surprising me, I joined in the laughter, it was the first time I was seeing her laugh, I don't care about the reply I seek from her anymore, seeing her smile was enough for me..

To be continued
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 9:13pm On Feb 04, 2019
The Outcast - Episode 20

Written by Amah

"My mother had twins, me and my twin brother, I was marked as an outcast from birth and carried to the wood to be disposed, after which I was left to die, I was to become food for the animals, I wondered what kind of satisfaction a little Baby can give a hungry animal,

just one mouth full and I will be gone,

At night the hyenas came, very ugly set of animals, they are mostly in charge of devouring the baby girls left in the wood, they digged their long teeth and ferns into my body, I never stopped crying, I cried so hard and loud that it got to the outcast on a watch that night by the trap boundary, it was dark I was a child ready to become a Small dinner for the hyenas,

The outcast are great climbers, he flew from one tree to the other until he got to me, he fought the hyenas and scared them off, he rescued me from them and brought me down here to be cared for,

I was covered with blood and deep cut, they thought I wasn't going to make it because of the life threatening injury I sustained, my face my thigh, my back, all the wounds were very deep and I lost much blood as a little Baby, they applied everything possible to save me, they sewed up the deep cut, I couldn't stand on my own when I was five years, i couldn't even walk straight for some period of time, during my childhood, I was still learning how to walk at age six, as time pass I got healed up, I'm left with scars, ugly scars caused by the animal teeth as they try to tear me apart,

I thank the gods everyday for sending Muje, the man that saved me, he is old now but I visit him everyday, he gave me the name Kumar, meaning "the delight of the gods,

him and some others thought me how to be a fast climber, we have some other three little baby girls who were saved on time before the ugly animals could pieces them, one still can't walk straight because of the serious leg wound she sustained,

while some others are already torn apart by the animals before the outcast could get to them,

This is the only family I have come to know, the outcast are more humans than the normal people, your tribe men, the women don't really have a say so i focus my hate on the men,

how can they give birth and tag the innocent child an outcast as if she choose to come to the world by herself, just because she was born with a boy, that is very barbaric, is a wicked law, Mbazi, when I heard my story I hated the people from your tribe, I stop hating when I saw your sister Zila, she asked me why I have much scars and i told her My story, she then told me we share similar story,

she said your father was able to save her and stop the barbaric law, marking the female child as an outcast has being abolished, I was happy, very happy because no child deserve such pain, babies were taking away from their mother's breast to be deposed, to be dumped in the wood for hyenas and other hungry looking animals,

the painful anguish the mother goes through will be unbearable,

Your father was able to stop and abolish such law that marks a girl child as an outcast just because it got to his own skin, which he wouldn't have cared, your father would have continued passing the law with other tribe leader to destroy a live they can't create if not that the gods threw it to him, he felt what other parents felt who has lost their children to this mishap, he felt their pain and understood their anguish in that way he was able to put a stop to it, what a selfish world we live in,

I thank the gods and pray that they do to every one what they have wrongly done to others intentionally,

people are sent down here with different illness from your tribe, illness they don't know about, some they fear it will be infectious, people they have already giving up on, your tribe men will mark them as forbidden and they come here get their healing after the old men who understand the language of leafs and herbs attends to them,

is not everybody that makes it, some gave up, just looking at themselves as an outcast, a forbidden soul is enough to kill them, they felt there's nothing again for them in this world,

slaves are sent down to become a forbidden soul and they got their freedom, in this clan there's no freeborn or slaves, no great or small because everybody is equal before the gods, there's only the elders, who directs and encourages us, they are the wise old men, they have being here far too long,

there's too much discrimination in your tribe, too much deadly laws, so much evil and wicked men, when I heard you speak to me the last time by the waterfall path I couldn't hold back My Joy, we needed more people like you yo make a difference, you said there's no difference between the outcast and the normal people and I should not preach to you about being careful of the things you touch because you are already an outcast by stepping into our land, you and your sisters perspective changed totally when you arrived here, they filled you up with lies about us making us feel like we are the devil himself, it was until you came down you saw a different thing entirely from what you were told,

you and your sister are very unique, whatever reason the gods brought you down here may they also perfect it, thank you Mbazi for seeing and accepting us as we are, and accepting me too, I'm not worthy of your love Mbazi but I trust you and I will continue to pray to the gods to show you favour,

whatever the outcome is, I have no regret of knowing a kind soul like you and Zila, you two changed the negative perception I had about your people, I don't know how you Will face your father and your tribe leaders but the gods will guide you,

When I got back from my walk with Kumar and also hearing her stories I felt fulfilled, because she freely opened up, telling me her sad stories without holding anything back now I have to think of a way to face father, I spoke with Zila that night..

"What did she say when you revealed your feeling to her, Hope it wasn't too difficult talking with her

" no, it wasn't, she was very Free with me and even went as far as telling me her story, is really saddening, now I understand what you meant by her story is a little similar to yours, what worries me is how to face Pah again, I'm scared Zila, I am, Pah can be very difficult, I'm afraid what he will do to me,

"I totally understand your fear Mbazi, I know how much trouble awaits me and you not just you, Pah maybe difficult but I'm not scared of him, if you want to face Pah keep fear at a distance and face him, talk to him as if your life depends on it,

" what if he kicks me out or disown me for bringing shame and disgrace to his name, what do I do, where do I go, Pah will never ever accept Kumar if he finds out she is an outcast, which will be easily notice because Kumar doesn't even know her family or have a surname, she said it was a man named Muje that saved her and gave her the name Kumar, I don't care about anything Zila, Kumar is all I want, I also want to be father's son, a son he will be proud of, which is his desires, he want me to be in line of great men of tribe next to his, that is my desires too, if he disown me where do i go..

"Be a man Mbazi, be a real man and stop panicking like a child, I know pah will not disown you even if he did then you can come and live here, among the outcast who Will never reject or Deny you, in that way you will be close to Kumar, the woman you love, you Will start a family with her just as me and Ladi plans to do here,

I and Ladi has presented our Union to the elders of this land, once is approved then we will do a small wedding here and start a family, and if they refuse to approve just because I'm a daughter of an important man and I need to get father's blessing, if they dare refuse Ladi from getting married to me then I will force him to get me pregnant, once I'm pregnant for Ladi they Will have no choice than to bless our Union, I have everything planned out, I would have love to go with you so that I can boldly face Pah, but once he sees me he will hold me captive, I will become a prisoner in my father's house, then he Will Marry me off to some strange man I won't be able to see Ladi again, all our effort will go in to drain, I know what Pah is capable off, Mbazi go and speak to him...don't be afraid brother, may the gods see you through.

The following morning I got set to leave, I hugged Zila goodbye, Zila, Ladi and Kumar walked me down,

I grabbed Ladi's hand and shake him despite he was reluctant to shake me, which is very understandable, he smiled and bow to me in respect as he will do to an elder,

few people are beginning to feel comfortable around us and I feel so happy with that

I looked at Kumar and smile, she smiled too but avoided My touch which I also understand perfectly well, i know she will be very comfortable with me soon, she's holding back some feeling she doest not want me to see, so that non of us will get so hurt if eventually it didn't work out, that's my thought though, I wish I can read her mind,

I love Kumar with her scars, I love her strength and everything about her, I Will fight harder for her sake and for the sake of Zila and Ladi,

I pray the gods help me to find favour before Pah.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-Outcast
Re: The Outcast by raz0r: 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Outcast by XionTemmy(m): 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
Update please. I'm enjoying this.
Re: The Outcast by Oyinprince(m): 7:10am On Apr 19, 2019
XionTemmy:
Update please.
I'm enjoying this.
Read the remaining Episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-outcast

(1) (Reply)

Memoir Of A 'corper' Lawyer / WOLEXIT Stands -wole Soyinka / The Church Girl (Titilope Alabi's Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 559
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.