Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,390 members, 7,800,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police (20927 Views)

Acting IG Of Police, Kayode Egbetokun Officially Assumes Office (Video) / VP Shettima Decorates Kayode Egbetokun, New IGP (photos) / Throwback Of New IGP, Egbetokun At Tinubu's Coronation 33 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by warm: 3:02am On Jan 14, 2019
Kayode Egbetokun, former chief security officer to Bola Tinubu, a national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has been named the new commissioner of police in Lagos state.

TheCable understands that Edgal Imohimi, the outgoing commissioner, was redeployed on Sunday to the force headquarters in Abuja.

Sources told TheCable that Imohimi, who is said to be an ally of Akinwunmi Ambode, the incumbent governor of the state, was “fired from Lagos” because he did not provide adequate security for the APC rally, which was held in Ikeja last week.

At the rally, Musiliu Akinsanya, a strong member of the party and treasurer of the National Union Road Transport Workers (NURTW), popularly known as “MC Oluomo”, was stabbed by rival factions of the party, while some journalists were also shot.

Egbetokun was Tinubu’s CSO for a few years before he became the commandant of Police Training School, Ikeja, Lagos.

The new commissioner was also the commander of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), Lagos, from 2005 to 2007.

Imohimi was deployed to Lagos state on August 31, 2017, after serving as the deputy commissioner of police in charge of Operations in the state.

He will now head the explosive ordinance unit of the police force in Abuja, the country’s capital.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-tinubus-ex-cso-named-lagos-commissioner-of-police

4 Likes

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by Yankee101: 3:13am On Jan 14, 2019
Rigging extraordinaire

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by ImperialYoruba: 3:23am On Jan 14, 2019
Imohimi has excellent record in Lagos. Even in events where police security is heavy, policemen still get shot. This has nothing to do with Ambode or APC rally. Imohimi is going for national dispatch and a soon to be announced promotion. Simple!

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by Sultannayef: 4:00am On Jan 14, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
Imohimi has excellent record in Lagos. Even in events where police security is heavy, policemen still get shot. This has nothing to do with Ambode or APC rally. Imohimi is going for national dispatch and a soon to be announced promotion. Simple!

We all know why he was removed. Keep talking nonsense..

157 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by Tomide007: 4:39am On Jan 14, 2019
Mehn, the kind of influence this tinubu wields.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by chomchom1(f): 4:44am On Jan 14, 2019
It can never be well with all the supporters of this regime. God make their life to be like buhari regime... And it shall be permanent. Amen. Quote me and get more problems in life. Try it and see a miracle God cool

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by mrjaydee(m): 5:15am On Jan 14, 2019
Game play

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by Riversides2003(m): 5:21am On Jan 14, 2019
I wish Jonathan did half of what this Idiot Buhari is doing right now, Buhari would have continued rearing his 130 cows in Daura. Am just beginning to get so mad at Jonathan. Imagine the power given to this dirty man with mouth odour, all because of votes fromSW, this is the same man that was put in the coolers after May 29th 2015 and all of a sudden has been brought back to reckoning just because of election. What was Edgal’s offence? Now he has been replaced with Tinubu former CSO all to pave way for a perfect rigging. Imagine having thugs and police combo on your side during elections, but one thing I want them to remember is that despite all Abachas security details, when his time came,they could not help him. God is watching.

135 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by Corrinthians(m): 5:55am On Jan 14, 2019
Riversides2003:
I wish Jonathan did half of what this Idiot Buhari is doing right now, Buhari would have continued rearing his 130 cows in Daura. Am just beginning to get so mad at Jonathan. Imagine the power given to this dirty man with mouth odour, all because of votes fromSW, this is the same man that was put in the coolers after May 29th 2015 and all of a sudden has been brought back to reckoning just because of election. What was Edgal’s offence? Now he has been replaced with Tinubu former CSO all to pave way for a perfect rigging. Imagine having thugs and police combo on your side during elections, but one thing I want them to remember is that despite all Abachas security details, when his time came,they could not help him. God is watching.
What has Buhari done which the ogogoro buffoon didn't do ten times worse?

41 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by NaMe4: 6:09am On Jan 14, 2019
Is this for real?

Rotimi Amaechi was right - 'This Country's going nowhere!'

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by Shikini: 6:10am On Jan 14, 2019
Riversides2003:

My brother, my friends and I were saying same thing yesterday.
One bluntly called GEJ a mumu for naively thinking he could make Nigeria work.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by pyyxxaro: 6:10am On Jan 14, 2019
This country shaaa

Level pass level
Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by madridguy(m): 6:11am On Jan 14, 2019
Security first.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by thunder74(m): 9:11am On Jan 14, 2019
We shall see the end. Hope badoo will not return

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by goodlifehyd(m): 9:11am On Jan 14, 2019
Imohimi f up, he showed too much loyalty to Ambode... its obvious he needs to leave moreover his office was just next street to where the MC fight took place, that place should have been well secured.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by AmazingELixir: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2019
undecided

Every decision and appointment made in this country this days are now viewed on the prism of affiliation camp, interest and politics.

Its wao!

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2019
Corrinthians:
What has Buhari done which the ogogoro buffoon didn't do ten times worse?
You even have time to reply them?
They all type due to stupid hatred for the president, they know or remember nothing about politics of less than a decade.

Good job from the Police Force.
Security is the key!

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2019
We`re joking in this country,The ruling party are tying loosed nuts- putting in place strategies that will definitely undermine Our Democracy.

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by BruncleZuma: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by baliyubla: 9:12am On Jan 14, 2019
Desperation can make people do stupid things sha. Its obvious APC knows its over for them.

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by itiswellandwell: 9:12am On Jan 14, 2019
Hmm
Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by hedonistic: 9:12am On Jan 14, 2019
Imagine.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by BabaCommander: 9:13am On Jan 14, 2019
grin grin
What a 'cuntry'
Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by aishapmbtoto: 9:13am On Jan 14, 2019
APC has broken all known negative record in the history of this nation.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by roymary: 9:13am On Jan 14, 2019
Na GEJ wey comot for this asswipes I blame.

This whole thing don turn family affairs.

Shameless party undecided

1 Like

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by Bintabisiriyu: 9:13am On Jan 14, 2019
Tinubu is ruling d capital of zoo called lagos, hahahaha lol

1 Like

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by Princedapace(m): 9:13am On Jan 14, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

Hahahahhaa.. My brother. But na lie na. No be naija again? I am close to the security and I know WhatsApp. I am close to top and senior security officials. Stop this u are talking..

All these na game plan baba. U see, this is Nigeria and this is how they roll. He was replaced to have someone who can work with the plans..

9 Likes

Re: Kayode Egbetokun Replaces Imohimi As Lagos Commissioner Of Police by fasho01(m): 9:14am On Jan 14, 2019
Knew there was something fishy with the replacement

The level of impunity in this regime stinks to the high heavens

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB's Ruga Protest Grounds Ebonyi / Court Orders IGP To Prosecute Babatunde Gbadamosi For Forgery, Perjury / Peter Obi And Abure Accused Of Misappropriating LP's $15 Million (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.