Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,140 members, 7,780,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:14 AM

I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. (21210 Views)

I Quit Being A Nice Guy / How Do I Quit My Relationship With A Native Doctor's Daughter? / Advice Needed.. Should I Quit Or Remain In This Kind Of Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Brownhypo: 2:20pm On Jan 14, 2019
krissconnect:
Hy, sorry to bother you, I don't know if anyone of you here is peculiar with my situation. I tend to give up on people easily, like a minor misunderstanding with the person, I clear their memory from my head instantly and it never comes back.

My 5 yrs old gf broke up with me earlier this year and I acted like nothing happened, I didn't even reply her breakup WhatsApp message.

I have a friend today and next day, I quit them and it doesn't even bother me. Since I'm growing older, it's started to bother me and I'm deeply worried prior to my relationship life.

I met a girl last week and cos she couldn't reply me on time on WhatsApp, I deleted her number and everything. It happens to me every time.

Pls I don't think this is normal, I need help.
Are you an introvert?

1 Like

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Satan66(m): 2:21pm On Jan 14, 2019
krissconnect:
Hy, sorry to bother you, I don't know if anyone of you here is peculiar with my situation. I tend to give up on people easily, like a minor misunderstanding with the person, I clear their memory from my head instantly and it never comes back.

My 5 yrs old gf broke up with me earlier this year and I acted like nothing happened, I didn't even reply her breakup WhatsApp message.

I have a friend today and next day, I quit them and it doesn't even bother me. Since I'm growing older, it's started to bother me and I'm deeply worried prior to my relationship life.

I met a girl last week and cos she couldn't reply me on time on WhatsApp, I deleted her number and everything. It happens to me every time.

I do this all the time.
Before I had more than 12 friends now I only have like 6 I think.
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by spiralwedge(m): 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
Florblu:
Well! Maybe I'm like you but not as bad as you're because I don't delete their numbers just that they may never hear from me again.

Do away with "all I need is God " and "I don't need anybody to survive" theology

In 2018, I made sure I came down from. my high horse because I believe PRIDE is a contributing factor to this disorder. I became consciously humble to people I meet(not to the extent of tolerating silly opinions though)

I don't think it's pride. It's rather a mental issue preconditioned by several severe and acute life disappointments and it is the only way some of us can continue to survive without committing suicide. So, not pride at all

1 Like

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by NiggasInParis: 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
You are on some ALPHA sh*t man grin. Just add some swag to it man!

You are living life as its truly suppose to be. EASY..
Less worries and don't give f*ck

2 Likes

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by krissconnect(m): 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2019
Shugargal:
You mentioned you just quited your relationship of five years, how have you been in that relationship till up-to five years? that means your gal has been the one suffering it, you need to learn how to be a little bit emotional, don't be too proud of what you can do, learn to have human feelings, show care and sympathy and forget about being cold cuz you can't live alone, like me that am very emotional, I go just die be that having your kind of person around. I know people can Bleep up but give them second chance.
I stay in Abuja and she in aba. I was actually on my wat to Abuja from aba when she sent the WhatsApp text. She said cos i didn't tell her I was leaving and yes I didn't tell her
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by krissconnect(m): 2:31pm On Jan 14, 2019
Brownhypo:
Are you an introvert?
yes, I am
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2019
shege45:
lol almost same thing happens to me. If i chat a girl i just met and he reply isn’t cool. Instantly i del her number

What's your Zodiac symbol, I'm trying to see if the stars has anything to do with this. I'm like this too.

2 Likes

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by eraankusam07(m): 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2019
Just Remove Pride In You. Learn How To Forgive Another, U Too A Falliable. Give Time For Urself To Find Caused Of Things. Learn How To Advice Someone For Good. Always Look At Good Side Of A Person. Be Too Slow In Taking Decision In Terms Of That.
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
krissconnect:
I stay in Abuja and she in aba. I was actually on my wat to Abuja from aba when she sent the WhatsApp text. She said cos i didn't tell her I was leaving and yes I didn't tell her

Your response shows you are at fault and she has the right to get mad. So when she said she was quitting , if truly you loved her , you should have said sorry and tried to explain. If afterwards she was still adamant then if you acted the way you did , you are on course.
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by bidak(m): 2:37pm On Jan 14, 2019
I have similar issues just that my own is towards female, i overlook male shortcomings easily but female, any little thing I delete their number and act if they don’t exist

2 Likes

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by bidak(m): 2:37pm On Jan 14, 2019
I have similar issues just that my own is towards female, i overlook male shortcomings easily but female, any little thing I delete their number and act as if they don’t exist

1 Like

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by InvertedHammer: 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2019
krissconnect:

/
You are on the way to greatness.

/
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by 1930revival(m): 2:47pm On Jan 14, 2019
[quote author=Florblu post=74749155]Well! Maybe I'm like you but not as bad as you're because I don't delete their numbers just that they may never hear from me again.

Do away with "all I need is God " and "I don't need anybody to survive" theology

In 2018, I made sure I came down from. my high horse because I believe PRIDE is a contributing factor to this disorder. I became consciously humble to people I meet(not to the extent of tolerating silly opinions though)

you are intelligent..I fink ur in point
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Talk2donstan(m): 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2019
Newboss:
You have high self esteem, and that's cool. grin

No issue there at all. Ladies do that a lot. Guys should try and catch up and stop being beggy and all that shìt grin

looks like someone is trying to catch-up too
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by wman(m): 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
MissRaine69:
It is a defence mechanism. You have learnt to cope with life disappointments and other unpleasant things in life by choosing not to deal with them in a confrontational way or process the emotional aspect that would be associated with such things instead you compartmentalise and behave as if it never occurred. This leaves you vulnerable and also makes people think you are callous and cold. It’s not easy to find a way around this because this is the way you cope with things unless you can afford to explore other ways via psychotherapy for example . I would not be so hard on myself if I was you.

Always making intelligent comments as usual.
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Newboss(m): 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
Talk2donstan:

looks like someone is trying to catch-up too

My brother, it's a life skill most guys lack o. So who no get am, make he try get am grin
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by krissconnect(m): 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
tamethem:

Your response shows you are at fault and she has the right to get mad. So when she said she was quitting , if truly you loved her , you should have said sorry and tried to explain. If afterwards she was still adamant then if you acted the way you did , you are on course.
well, I tried.
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by samsam2019: 3:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
krissconnect:

you and I are just the same thing.

I'm not worried about it though. People are trash

2 Likes

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by XhosaNostra(f): 3:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
I'm also like that to an extent, but I would never pass up on a chance to hammer them whether I'm bothered by the break up or not tongue Once I purge all thoughts & emotions in one wordy tirade, that's when thry cease to exist.
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Adeyemi0(m): 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
krissconnect:

You just describe me but I'm not feeling bad of myself.
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Jackossky(m): 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
Smiles
That is one way I will put it. There is this axiom that goes thus 'If you think about it, you care about it'
I do disconnect from people totally, make them wonder if truly we were once close. Maybe it's pride, I might consciously detach myself from someone to the extent that if such person is in front of me, I won't see him/her.

Forgive and forget, I think I forget alot. How do you forgive someone you've already forgotten? I might fight with someone and the next day, I will still stretch a hand of friendship to the person, already forgotten fact that we fought. Someone might sly me and I just make up my mind not to interact with such person, might do it consciously for two to three times and then, it becomes natural... As if we were never pal

People disappoint and do some unloyal things that I just let it go. If I try to date a girl, the moment she accept,I just swerve and cut off the ties.i don't know how to stay long or should I say I get bored easily?
I might not call a close friend for one year, just not bother... Don't even remember and whenever I see him/her, I act as of nothing happened or I was ever gone for such a long period...

Here are ways I deal with that wall of forgetfulness, of not giving a F*ck

I try to assume that there was a permissible reason the person did such. I try calming down before judgement. Was in school, my phone got lost, instead of reporting, instead of searching, instead of dealing the person with curses, I waited for two days... Hoping it might be returned and the secret formula is, sleep.
When dealt with a fatal blow, when you think a friend or relative f*ck up, sleep over it. After you wake up, your decisions would be more rational and you might not get too vexed about it..
That's how I was able to keep most of my friends.

When you finally detacy yourself from an individual and maybe after weeks or months and you find yourself think about the person, even asked yourself what the person did, gets emotional sometimes and the next minute, you become so cold, then, this therapy is for you.

Sleep before you make an ultimate decision
Assume there is a valid reason for such person's behaviour
Delay your judgement and see what unravels
Control your emotions

#Sola

3 Likes

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by sexysage(m): 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2019
same happens to me here bro..
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Aystarz: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2019
originalKsp:

Get this book: How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie.

You can find it on oceanofpdf.org
It contains insights into human relationships, don't joke with it, get the book and you would be grateful you did

"Ego is the enemy" is an even better read.

1 Like

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by morgang(m): 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
In 2010, I lost my dad and things became pretty difficult..about to finish secondary that year and coincidentally, it was my waec/neco period... mom spent all we had on dad’s health.. eventually, things went south and I almost missed waec that year! Everyone I looked up to absconded.. dad sponsored a handful of relatives and non relatives to school and beyond.. even got some jobs.. but hey, they all left us high and dry. At least, not even a call to check on us..

Subsequently, I got used to missing people because eventually, nobody cares. I became solo and independent.. My emotions were thicken, wall geared up and mind is made of stone and heart of steel.. I barely give af about anyone aside from a few real ones. I made friends to be honest, but there’s a limit to our friendship. Had a couple of flings and was never in a “serious” relationship... cause i rarely know how to love.. like real love. I’m non challant and unapologetic..

At some point, if you ignore me, I pretend u died... learning to hunt alone is what I’m used to. If I’m dead broke and starving, I’d rather die than to ask for help!! I’m so used to keeping shits to myself. I care less! Deleting and blocking people’s number is my hubby at some point..

Until recently, I began to see life in a whole different dimension.. learn to love, tolerate and be patient. I guess for the first time, I found love; a very pretty and cool girl. I’ve been on her chase for a while- 3 months I guess. I never give up!!!! And this really tells a lot about me now....my old self would have deleted her number the following week!!

7 Likes

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Denique(f): 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
I'm in this boat with OP. I don't keep friends for long and it's not as if i quarel with them, I just don't flow with them for a long time. I withdraw and keep in touch online and via phone calls. I ran into one two weeks ago and I remember chatting her up later that day telling her it's been 9years since we saw. I'm closer to them on the phone than in person.
I'm trying to do things differently this year!

1 Like

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by stilldoingokay(f): 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2019
krissconnect:

that is bcuz you're a honest person, and you hate dishonest people. I'm like that too. if you don't mean what you say and you don't keep your words we're done.
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Chidizman(m): 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2019
Op you have no idea the type of rare gift you possess.
I have that too but mine is when I get too emotionally attached to someone (Say a girl I'm dating), I find it hard to let go especially when we've been intimate.

2 Likes

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by KillTheZombies: 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2019
MrRichmond:
Most human beings aren't worth the stress.

I feel the same way as u do op, but I'm trying hard to quit the bad habit of quitting on people.
What scares me is the fact that I am perfectly comfortable existing on my own without feeling lonely.

I don't think it is a problem, I think it is a power that only few people possess.

We have a lot in common.

1 Like

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by Shezkid: 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
I taught I was alone in this...
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by shege45: 4:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
tamethem:

What's your Zodiac symbol, I'm trying to see if the stars has anything to do with this. I'm like this too.
u know d truth is I’m impatient with girls. I don’t like making them feel like one can’t do without them. The moment i just sense that she’s forming hard to get, i leave her. I know some people would say push harder, some girls just do it but why would i push so hard when ur not the only girl in the world

2 Likes

Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by engrtee(f): 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2019
krissconnect:

search for Avpd and read,,, avoidance personality disorder
Re: I Quit People Easily, Pls Help. by amanikondo: 4:29pm On Jan 14, 2019
MissRaine69:
It is a defence mechanism. You have learnt to cope with life disappointments and other unpleasant things in life by choosing not to deal with them in a confrontational way or process the emotional aspect that would be associated with such things instead you compartmentalise and behave as if it never occurred. This leaves you vulnerable and also makes people think you are callous and cold. It’s not easy to find a way around this because this is the way you cope with things unless you can afford to explore other ways via psychotherapy for example . I would not be so hard on myself if I was you.

See a whole paragraph without common Nairaland GUNSHOTS. I have hope in Naija education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Love this fat azz I fvk in ghana . Pictures added / Best Places For Valentine Dates In Lagos / Sweet: The Picture Of This Jamaican Girl Will Live You Drooling (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.