Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Premier League Team Of The Week - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Premier League Team Of The Week (644 Views)

Sadiq Umar Named In Europa League Team Of The Week / Paul Pogba Named In The Premier League Team Of The Year. See Full List / Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Premier League Team Of The Week by flowbaze(m): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2019
Who were the standout players in the Premier League this weekend? Sol Bamba picks his best XI.

There were plenty of star performers in the Premier League over the weekend and it was up to Bamba to pick his best line-up.

Everton and Southampton registered much-needed wins, Manchester United produced a hard-fought victory over Tottenham and West Ham overcame their London rivals Arsenal to list just a few of the intriguing stories which came out from the latest round of fixtures.

E

The Cardiff City defender reflected on the weekend of Premier League action and picked his best team…

Sol Bamba’s PL team of the week
Sol Bamba’s PL team of the week
Goalkeeper
Sky Sports Fantasy Six-A-Side points

David de Gea – 135 points
David De Gea made 11 saves against Tottenham on Sunday
David De Gea made 11 saves against Tottenham on Sunday
I thought he was absolutely magnificent against Tottenham and over the years he’s been the best goalkeeper in the Premier League. He showed that on Sunday.

Defence

Trent Alexander-Arnold – 73
Kurt Zouma – 89
Virgil Van Dijk – 104
Andrew Robertson – 82

Oops! Remember you need to log in using your Sky iD to watch Premier League video

Highlights from Liverpool’s 1-0 win over Brighton in the Premier League.
Van Dijk is the best centre-half in the Premier League for me, no question about it. Zouma has been doing very well over the last couple of weeks but yesterday. With the goal as well, his performance means he deserves to be in there.

Source: https://www.flowbaze.com/viewtopic.php?t=15424
Alexander-Arnold for me is the best right-back in the country and for his age as well he’s been doing very well. Robertson for me is the best left-back. You always know what he will give you and will always give eight out of ten.

Midfield

Oops! Remember you need to log in using your Sky iD to watch Premier League video

Highlights from Manchester United’s 1-0 win against Tottenham in the Premier League.
Declan Rice – 54
Mohamed Salah – 74
Paul Pogba – 51
Christian Eriksen – 60
Heung-Min Son – 34
Rice, I love him. For me he’s a very good holding midfielder. Salah has obviously been very good and he scored. Pogba is full of confidence at the minute – no question for me. An excellent, very good player. He did very well even if they did lose the game against Tottenham. Son has been the player of the season for me so far.

Marcus Rashford scored the only goal in Manchester United’s 1-0 win over Tottenham on Sunday with an incisive finish in the first half.

Bamba said: “Rashford has been excellent for me so far.”
Re: Premier League Team Of The Week by bibiosax: 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2019
Highlights from Manchester United’s 1-0 win against Tottenham in the Premier League.
Declan Rice – 54
Mohamed Salah – 74
Paul Pogba – 51
Christian Eriksen – 60
Heung-Min Son – 34

Re: Premier League Team Of The Week by Itsmedozie: 7:44am On Jan 15, 2019
no vex bro
but your advertising strategies are lame

(1) (Reply)

27 Odds , 10 Odds & 2 Odds. Winning Tickets. Powered By Www.winn9ja.com / Asisat Oshoala Joins Barcelona From Dalian Quanjian / 2.odds: @2.o6 Odds Match Starts 5pm 2day Bet9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.