Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats (63826 Views)

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Passengers Prefer Their Loads Inside Bus While They Sit On Top Of The Bus(video) / Would You Sit On This Danfo Seat During Rush Hour In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Sabby1(m): 4:37pm On Jan 14, 2019
Astonishing experience will they behold.

For those leaving the country to God be the glory, they're really lucky.

For those just coming in, this is the beginning of what they are going to experience in this country. They are going to experience colossal surprises as everything is possible in this country
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by planetx: 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2019
Stupid inferiority complex post, you people are really silly. Oyinbo sit on the floor in their airports in their countries all the time but you dumb ass made it news because it happened in Nigeria, have you ever visited an American or European airport before?

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by awoofawoo: 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2019
Osasnidas:
They can't certainly sit on the air, this is Nigeria they should live in it the way it is, they shouldn't be treated as demigods they aren't one.
even at home some it like that........the internet is full picture of such......especially during rush hours, etc

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by daywatcher: 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
it is only in Nigeria (and maybe Africa) that sitting on the floor is a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by AreaFada2: 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
Osasnidas:
They can't certainly sit on the air, this is Nigeria they should live in it the way it is, they shouldn't be treated as demigods they aren't one.
My brother, the main issue is an airport says a lot about a country. It's the window shop.

MMA has too few seats. I guess it is so because it's Nigerians who primarily use it. So our authorities like to torture us and make life as uncomfortable for citizens as possible.

When I travel to other countries, I get to sit in comfortable chairs in their airports. They are not making me a demi-god but just providing a good service because they know what they are doing. They want me to come and spend more money in their country next time. Countries like Morocco & Tunisia with little resources are better developed than Nigeria. They have carved out a good tourism niche for themselves.

EU and other Western citizens can pick up their passport, buy a ticket and go spend the weekend in Morocco & Tunisia. No visa needed. But Moroccans & Tunisians need visa to visit EU. In so doing, Westerners frequent these countries and spend hard currency.
The cost of a Nigerian visa alone is enough to travel from Frankfurt, London or Brussels and stay two nights in Morocco or Tunisia.

We must banish this defensive mentality and unnecessary pride so that we can use sense & good customer service to extract hard currency from Westerners. NOT just oil & gas that will run out someday and even pollutes Niger Delta, costing livelihoods.

A big economic sector can arise around tourism. Just provide more security & infrastructure nationwide. And tourism will help further reduce poverty and unemployment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2019
naija na jungle before so not surprised to see this.these guys will go back to their country and tell their ppl how fuked up nigeria is.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by nextstep(m): 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2019
olaolulazio:
They are human......

I know some people will blame Buhari for this.

I will. 3 years after taking over, nobody in his administration thought to spend some 2M for just 50 seats. Of course with Nigerian factor, the contract will be around 200M for those same 50 seats.

If I was aviation minister and I saw this type of news, kia kia, we'll have some seats in the airport.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by uuzba(m): 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2019
rentAcock:
These guys are probably more tolerant of our problems and aren't surprised by any challenges they face in naija. They are only there to make money and bounce out.
They already knew things were bad in Nigeria before coming here. I just pray that when we tell them we are an English speaking nation, we are able to speak the English properly without shelling and foolish spelling errors. The way you speak determines how your listeners treat you.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by abcnike: 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2019
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by daywatcher: 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
planetx:
Stupid inferiority complex post, you people are really silly. Oyinbo sit on the floor in their airports in their countries all the time but you dumb ass made it news because it happened in Nigeria, have you ever visited an American or European airport before?

Thank you Jare. The same person posting this will readily sit on the floor when he or she reach abroad.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by uuzba(m): 4:43pm On Jan 14, 2019
lefulefu:
naija na jungle before so not surprised to see this.these guys will go back to their country and tell their ppl how fuked up nigeria is.
Our fuckup is already all over internet with 419 yahoo mails. They know that one. Then the added new migrants dying to cross Libya to Italy, they know that one as well. Then the coconut heads doing cocain in Europe and Malaysia. They are seeing all of that.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by SkinnyNigga: 4:48pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ediot.. . Are they not human beings.. Mtcheees

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by uuzba(m): 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2019
AreaFada2:

My brother, the main issue is an airport says a lot about a country. It's the window shop.

MMA has too few seats. I guess it is so because it's Nigerians who primarily use it. So our authorities like to torture us and make life as uncomfortable for citizens as possible.

When I travel to other countries, I get to seat in comfortable chairs in their airports. They are not making me a demi-god but just providing a good service because they know what they are doing. They want me to come and spend more money in their country next time. Countries like Morocco & Tunisia with little resources are better developed than Nigeria. They have carved out a good tourism niche for themselves.

EU and other Western citizens can pick up their passport, buy a ticket and go spend the weekend in Morocco & Tunisia. No visa needed. But Moroccans & Tunisians need visa to visit EU. In so doing, Westerners frequent these countries and spend hard currency.
The cost of a Nigerian visa alone is enough to travel from Frankfurt, London or Brussels and stay two nights in Morocco or Tunisia.

We must banish this defensive mentality and unnecessary pride so that we can use sense & good customer service to extract hard currency from Westerners. NOT just oil & gas that will run out someday and even pollutes Niger Delta, costing livelihoods.

A big economic sector can arise around tourism. Just provide more security & infrastructure nationwide. And tourism will help further reduce poverty and unemployment.
The money we got from selling crude oil (etc) should have been used to set up our industries. But due to inferiority complex a group of idiots decided to use that money to purchase finished goods, shoe,watch, phone, cars... Now the country is flooded with finished goods but jobless graduates and thieves and criminals all trying to grab a hold of the foreign currency. No one thinks about doing Good things becuae they are good. As you stated, the airport is a welcome window into a country. Common sense will dictate that one prepare such a place to a high standard to the comfort of the expected guests. But too much criminal and greedy mindset (shoe, watch, phone) cannot allow buiding contractors, and government itself to have these as their ideals and goals.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by ogongogames(m): 4:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
As some have noted this is not a big deal abroad (sitting on floor at airports). However let this not distract us from the point that MMIA is below-par for the passenger-demand requirements. It was commissioned in 1979! and I don't there has been any talks of an building an additional terminal or extending the current one. In my opinion it would have been better looking into extending MMIA rather creating a new national carrier.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Pajemo(m): 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
Issorite..
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Enemyofpeace: 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
Our people for stand up for them to sidon now
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2019
Foreigners:
And sooooo. Am I not Human being. I can sit anywhere I want. wink

You don travel before?
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 14, 2019
AIRPORT looks like a POULTRY
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by toksbaba2000: 4:54pm On Jan 14, 2019
autojosh:
Earlier today, at the General Aviation Terminal, Ikeja – more popular known as Murtala Mohammed Local Airport 1, some foreigners were seen siting on the floor while waiting to board their flights.

These individuals decided to assume that sitting position due to the insufficient seating arrangement for travelers at the departure hall of the airport.

Ordinarily, due to the limited amount of seats at the departure hall, more travelers are left to stand. However, these foreigners decide to defy the norm by finding seating position on the floor.

See photos below.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-how-foreigners-sit-on-the-floor-at-the-airport-in-lagos-due-to-lack-of-seats-photos/

some people will come online writing rubbish.. just for the hate for their country.....oyinbo no complain but na we dey complain. go to JFK you will see people sleeping and sitting on the floor. enough of this stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
How embarrassing.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Olawalesmarter(m): 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2019
That's all rubbish, Sitting on the Floor is not a Big deal and what is so bad about foreigners sitting on the floor? Even if they got Chairs i will kick them out of it if i Can
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by SkinnyNigga: 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
saajus:
This is not a news. Oyinbo dey always sit on the floor even at their own airport. The problem is the quality of our airport floors. It should be carpet or nicely maintained tiles.
those tiles be like say them dey piss piss there

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by jaggedboi(m): 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
SITTING ON THE FLOOR IN AN AIRPORT IS NOTHING NEW UNLESS YOU'VE NEVER TRAVELLED TO EITHER EUROPE OR THE STATES.
THIS IS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM..... TRAVELERS ARE FUND OF SITTING ON FLOORS IN AIRPORTS ALL OVER THE WORLD.
SEE PICS GATWICK AIRPORT LONDON

4 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by gwinaB(m): 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2019
This happens in other countries. Its not due to lack of seat. Its their preference
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Enoch07: 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2019
Good for them
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by uuzba(m): 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
ogongogames:
As some have noted this is not a big deal abroad (sitting on floor at airports). However let this not distract us from the point that MMIA is below-par for the passenger-demand requirements. It was commissioned in 1979! and I don't there has been any talks of an building an additional terminal or extending the current one. In my opinion it would have been better looking into extending MMIA rather creating a new national carrier.
If people can sit down and table all their problems in a meetings, surely we can work out what priority comes first and slowly overcome such foolish errors like this above. But such tabled meetings are what Nation Building is all about. Right now, me I want nation building. But it is left to each one of us to state inside their heart if they want nation building or not. English is currently our uniting language. It works well here on this website. Any other language will instantly create confusion and disunity.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
yvelchstores:
[s]I am ashamed. To those asking "and so",if u travel outside the country and see how airport should be u will know that sitting on D floor is an absolute disgrace in this situation because nigerian Airport is not a" high traffic" Airport like dubai and Co . except someone can show me same scenario happening in Ghana Airport, then This is really shameful.

Nigerian youth, pls stop being mediocre and accepting below average as ok.its not OK. God help this land.[/s]
stop typing nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by EZEBEL: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
autojosh:
Earlier today, at the General Aviation Terminal, Ikeja – more popular known as Murtala Mohammed Local Airport 1, some foreigners were seen siting on the floor while waiting to board their flights.

These individuals decided to assume that sitting position due to the insufficient seating arrangement for travelers at the departure hall of the airport.

Ordinarily, due to the limited amount of seats at the departure hall, more travelers are left to stand. However, these foreigners decide to defy the norm by finding seating position on the floor.

See photos below.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-how-foreigners-sit-on-the-floor-at-the-airport-in-lagos-due-to-lack-of-seats-photos/

with the kind money when dem dey make from our oil make them nyash for ground joor, but on the other note
a country been ruled by Nepa bill certificate holder what do you expect. everything will continue to go wrong until
we correct the error we put ourselves inside.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by SkinnyNigga: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
uuzba:

Our fuckup is already all over internet with 419 yahoo mails. They know that one. Then the added new migrants dying to cross Libya to Italy, they know that one as well. Then the coconut heads doing cocain in Europe and Malaysia. They are seeing all of that.
what of the gingerheads doing credit card fraud and internet scam in UK and US??
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by highness25(m): 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2019
autojosh:

See photos below.

Source:

Op, you have no earthly idea what these people did to us. If only you have little idea, you'd hate them forever. (Slave Trade)
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by uuzba(m): 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
winj3:
Another Nigerian monkey-brained dimwit, instead of how passengers sat on floor...inferiority complex turns to Foreigners
Please leave him. He tried. The typical Nigerian will take pictures of themselves flexing in an airport.
This guy pities the foreigners who we are mistreating by our negligence. The rest of us are already used to the negligence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos) / Lion Attacks & Kills An Antelope While Tourists Watch From Their Cars (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.