Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats (63825 Views)

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Passengers Prefer Their Loads Inside Bus While They Sit On Top Of The Bus(video) / Would You Sit On This Danfo Seat During Rush Hour In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by scholachatcopyw(f): 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
Angela777:

I saw white South Africans sitting apart from the dark skin people but Europeans and Americans mostly don't care, people is people, also we used to sit close and to be friendly when using a public transportation or any meeting at work, any event

They do care. You can be inside a bus with sits everywhere and theyll prefer to stand than to sit near you

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Gamesmart: 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
scholachatcopyw:

If you are well travelled you will know that they do this in all airports. They also stand in buses and sit on floors in train stations. You're not well travelled, learn from people who are exposed, it's not a Nigerian issue

I am well travelled and you obviously are not.

I don't learn anything from ignorant people that make nonsense claims.

They don't do this in Heathrow or any other advanced Western airport. They provide seats where people are supposed to wait.

When you go to those airports, you will see. Because you have been to Cotonou does not make you "well-travelled".

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by MyGeneration(m): 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
Gamesmart:

Nonsense!

What nonsense are you talking about? Did they tell you they were sitting on the ground because their flights were cancelled? So are you comparing it to when flights are cancelled in the West?

You provide sufficient seats ANYWHERE you expect people to wait.

"Sufficient" should cover at least 20% of the people you expect there at the average instance or the amount of people you expect to wait more than 20 minutes.

Some of you are too used to and happy with your sufferhead lifestyles.
ignorance is bad. Me man try and be enlightened. Grigri no be intelligence

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Tripleg1(m): 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2019
ylaa:
LET THEM SIT JOOR
NA SO WE DEY SIT FOR THEIR SIDE

they didn't want to seat beside any black man fuckung racist. Cos I see two seats in the 3rd pics. So no to #racism

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by scholachatcopyw(f): 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2019
lefulefu:
all these ones are assumptions on weda they want to sit close to a black person or not..who cares. all i am saying is our airports should have functioning facilities. i even heard that most of the toilets in the international airports are non functioning.imagine an intetnational airport for dat matter.anyway only in nigeria.

What if he doesn't want to sit near you because you're a black person? He prefers to sit on the floor than close to you. Your written English is very bad yet you speak with so much authority, why not go for more lessons in English sir? Have a good day

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Gamesmart: 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2019
MyGeneration:
ignorance is bad. Me man try and be enlightened. Grigri no be intelligence

You are a slowpoke.

Have you been to MMA before?

There are not more than 20 seats before you get to Boarding Gates.

And your dumbarse is talking about ignorance?

You think say Okada you dey ride na plane?
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
scholachatcopyw:

They do care. You can be inside a bus with sits everywhere and theyll prefer to stand than to sit near you
Yes, I was traveling once to Johannesburg and the flight to Johannesburg was mostly South African people, we went to wait the boarding to the room with seats and I sat where I liked, then looking around, it felt weird, all whites were sitting in one side line and in another line of seats it was only black people. Ha, I realized I am the only one white sitting between black passengers. I didn't see this segregation traveling to Nigeria and Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TAO11(f): 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
scholachatcopyw:

How many international airports have you travelled to? This is not new, they can't complain because they sit on the floor in their countries. He may not even want to sit close to a black person, that's how crazy they can be

thanks for mentioning that racist angle. I been wan mention am for my comment, i jus say make i kuku shut up grin

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
scholachatcopyw:

What if he doesn't want to sit near you because you're a black person? He prefers to sit on the floor than close to you. Your written English is very bad yet you speak with so much authority, why not go for more lessons in English sir? Have a good day
i wasn"t speaking english undecided

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by MyGeneration(m): 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
highness25:
Op, you have no earthly idea what these people did to us. If only you have little idea, you'd hate them forever. (Slave Trade)
what did they do to us? If u say slave trade, that shows how highly ignorant you are.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
lefulefu:
all these ones are assumptions on weda they want to sit close to a black person or not..who cares. all i am saying is our airports should have functioning facilities. i even heard that most of the toilets in the international airports are non functioning.imagine an intetnational airport for dat matter.anyway only in nigeria.
I can tell about Lagos airport you are correct. Toilets are few and not clean, not working well and very few seats only designated to pregnant ladies or people with kids, no place to sit down for the majority of passengers. And it's true, Nigeria is a big and very rich country, the government could do better to be close to international standards
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
TAO11:

thanks for mentiining that racist angle. I been wan mention am fir my comment, i jus say make i kuku shut up grin
well blacks always cry racism to everything
dem don sabi us for that one
to us everything is racism
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2019
Angela777:

I can tell about Lagos airport you are correct. Toilets are few and not clean, not working well and very few seats only designated to pregnant ladies or people with kids, no place to sit down for the majority of passengers. And it's true, Nigeria is a big and very rich country, the government could do better to be close to international standards
Thanks for being honest cheesy cheesy
and its not only our airports
most public facilities in nigeria dont work

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by scholachatcopyw(f): 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2019
Angela777:

Yes, I was traveling once to Johannesburg and the flight to Johannesburg was mostly South African people, we went to wait the boarding to the room with seats and I sat where I liked, then looking around, it felt weird, all whites were sitting in one side line and in another line of seats it was only black people. Ha, I realized I am the only one white sitting between black passengers. I didn't see this segregation traveling to Nigeria and Ghana.

No it can't happen here in Nigeria. But I've been in a bus abroad and there were sits around me, Whites were standing instead of sitting next to me, it was then I realized how terrible racism can be, how can someone decide to stand instead of sitting on available spaces because there's a black person close by. All well and good, life goes on

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nasman387(m): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
Are those foreigners not human like us
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
Gamesmart:

Because you have been to Cotonou does not make you "well-travelled".
grin grin grin grin grin i am dead

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Xisnin(m): 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
Mizwisdom:
sad Why are we inferior? If you travel through other airports you'll see the same thing. If you look well, you'll see that there's space to sit, they just feel more comfortable sitting on the floor, Oyibo don't care, let's stop this stupidity
You and who?
Why not face the OP?

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Solatium(m): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2019
autojosh:
Earlier today, at the General Aviation Terminal, Ikeja – more popular known as Murtala Mohammed Local Airport 1, some foreigners were seen siting on the floor while waiting to board their flights.

These individuals decided to assume that sitting position due to the insufficient seating arrangement for travelers at the departure hall of the airport.

Ordinarily, due to the limited amount of seats at the departure hall, more travelers are left to stand. However, these foreigners decide to defy the norm by finding seating position on the floor.

See photos below.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-how-foreigners-sit-on-the-floor-at-the-airport-in-lagos-due-to-lack-of-seats-photos/

Sitting or sleeping on the floor of the airport is a common occurrence all over the world,so stop been sensational

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TAO11(f): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2019
lefulefu:

well blacks always cry racism to everything
dem don sabi us for that one
to us everything is racism

oga there is no point explaining what u can't get to you.

that lady I "mentioned" obvioisly has lived (or is living) in Europe or North America.

microaggression (of the example she mentioned) is racist and I know it because of where I live.

Oyinbo social scientists who coined the term for that action obviously know it's a reality among them; why then should the people of color (who usually are the victim of microaggression, etc.) deny the reality?

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Hillarychuks: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2019
We too dey overhype these guys, what nonsense, me wey stand for peace park for close to an hr why una no capture me. Inferior idiots, who oyibos EPP? We get albinos too wey we no dry value.

Hahaha, see bashing

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2019
Nasman387:
Are those foreigners not human like us
Lol! Thanks for asking. We are green and have tails, ha-ha-ha

About photos and guys sitting on the floor, some are just computer geeks and they prefer to sit as hippies on the floor and to have privacy even with many seats available, mostly it has nothing to do with racism as travelers used to sit in the plain and airports close to any skin color people and I doubt many racists travel to Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2019
TAO11:

oga there is no point explaining what u can't get to you.

that lady I "mentioned" obvioisly has lived (or is living) in Europe or North America.

microagression (of the example she mentioned) is racist and I know it because of where I live.

Oyinbo social scientists who coined the term for that action obviously know it's a reality among them; why then should the people of color (who usually are the victim if microagression, etc.) deny the reality?
the extreme hateful tribalism we nigerians practice is it not as bad as racism?
abegi forget that thing

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by marvinsync(m): 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2019
Dshocker:
I believe this is a bus park terminal like The young shall grow,Ekenedilichukwu and God is good motors,not an air port.But if that be as it may,then i weep for Nigeria that gained independence since 1960.

God please,help Nigeria and Nigerians cry cry cry cry cry

biko shut up joor , did u see where it said it was a local airport?

and even if it's small it serves its purpose and that's all

if u don't like it build ur own

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Baroba(m): 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2019
No big deal, when passengers are stranded even in Europe, people lie on the floor..

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by gantic: 6:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
Happens at any airport during peak times. An airport that seemingly has enough seats at noon might have people sitting on the floor at night. Gatwick had people sleeping on the floor during the drone incidents. In between a long haul flight, sitting on the floor actually feels better.

Gamesmart:

I am well travelled and you obviously are not.

I don't learn anything from ignorant people that make nonsense claims.

They don't do this in Heathrow or any other advanced Western airport. They provide seats where people are supposed to wait.

When you go to those airports, you will see. Because you have been to Cotonou does not make you "well-travelled".

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Dshocker(m): 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2019
marvinsync:

biko shut up joor , did u see where it said it was a local airport?

and even if it's small it serves its purpose and that's all

if u don't like it build ur own

Stack illiterate,you don't understand simple english
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by marvinsync(m): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2019
Dshocker:

Stack illiterate,you don't understand simple english

lol what does this have to do with English ?u must be suffering from a deficiency of some sort
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by SternProphet: 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
Go to all airports in the US. The most beautiful young people are sitting on the floor busy with iPhones. Nigerians don't even know what to post anymore if this is an issue

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Pabloriqueza: 7:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
A little discomfort won't hurt.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by FroshJaynex(m): 7:08pm On Jan 14, 2019
yvelchstores:
I am ashamed. To those asking "and so",if u travel outside the country and see how airport should be u will know that sitting on D floor is an absolute disgrace in this situation because nigerian Airport is not a" high traffic" Airport like dubai and Co . except someone can show me same scenario happening in Ghana Airport, then This is really shameful.

Nigerian youth, pls stop being mediocre and accepting below average as ok.its not OK. God help this land.
God bless you, I was surprised to see the first above comments and they feel nothing is wrong with it, well I don't blame them, cos most of them don't travel, I can't imagine lack of sits at Accra Airport yet our youth are concerned more about the skin colors of the men sitting on the floor. Oh God plz open my people eyes so they see how injustice is burying them with no shame. Nigeria is dead

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TAO11(f): 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
lefulefu:

the extreme hateful tribalism we nigerians practice is it not as bad as racism?
abegi forget that thing

do you intend that i should take this your perspective as an excuse for racism?

This your weird perspective (considering the way you've worded it in the context of the discussion here) is at best a reinforcement of racism.

And if you meant otherwise, then you could have said something to the following effect:

say no to racism globally, and say no to "tribalism" at home

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Empiree: 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
yvelchstores:
I am ashamed. To those asking "and so",if u travel outside the country and see how airport should be u will know that sitting on D floor is an absolute disgrace in this situation because nigerian Airport is not a" high traffic" Airport like dubai and Co . except someone can show me same scenario happening in Ghana Airport, then This is really shameful.

Nigerian youth, pls stop being mediocre and accepting below average as ok.its not OK. God help this land.
I dont care if MMA is high traffic or not. Are you saying airports around the world dont have travellers sitting on the floor?. What is big deal here?. This was supposed to be news?. There would never be enough seats for travellers in all airports throughout the world. I am sure these people didnt ask to be pictured.

These are ppl standing and sitting at airports around the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos) / Lion Attacks & Kills An Antelope While Tourists Watch From Their Cars (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.