Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

NYSC Non Payment Of Allawee - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Non Payment Of Allawee (1439 Views)

Corpers In Sokoto Protest Non-Payment Of INEC Allowances / Kaduna Corpers & Ex Corpers Protesting Non-Payment Of Allowances (Photos) / Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Non Payment Of Allawee by darkhorizon: 11:14am On Jan 15, 2019
Hello everyone I would like to bring to Notice of the public the injustice going on in NYSC.

After 4 years in university, we were all forced into a compulsory one year service to the father land, and provision of stipend for upkeep (a.k.a allawee) was made by the federal government to corp members.

This allawee is what most corp members who don't have any other source of money depend on to keep body and soul as one during the course of the service. However, it seems NYSC has refused to pay a handful of corp members nationwide their entitlement.

NYSC is owing me and some other corp members of Batch C 2018 our November/ December allawee and we have made every effort to communicate with the authorities but our cries have been totally shunned.

I am serving in Enugu, a state where I don't have any relatives, and this is my first time here. I am presently starnded with only ₦800 left with me till God knows when.
I have been going to meet my LGI (Enugu North LG) to make complaints, but he has not yet attended to us or given us a reasonable reason why for the past one week.

I also called the state coordinator, he was telling me I should find money elsewhere (from who/ where Abeg ) and I should not rely on the allawee (my own entitlement ) and that if I got the money this month at all I'd be lucky, he didn't even want to listen to me that I had no other source of money and was running out of funds.

Abeg my people wetin I go do like this, I am stranded and need help sad .

cc: Lalasticlala Seun
Re: NYSC Non Payment Of Allawee by OTS18(m): 10:12pm On Jan 15, 2019
darkhorizon:
Hello everyone I would like to bring to Notice of the public the injustice going on in NYSC.

After 4 years in university, we were all forced into a compulsory one year service to the father land, and provision of stipend for upkeep (a.k.a allawee) was made by the federal government to corp members.

This allawee is what most corp members who don't have any other source of money depend on to keep body and soul as one during the course of the service. However, it seems NYSC has refused to pay a handful of corp members nationwide their entitlement.

NYSC is owing me and some other corp members of Batch C 2018 our November/ December allawee and we have made every effort to communicate with the authorities but our cries have been totally shunned.

I am serving in Enugu, a state where I don't have any relatives, and this is my first time here. I am presently starnded with only ₦800 left with me till God knows when.
I have been going to meet my LGI (Enugu North LG) to make complaints, but he has not yet attended to us or given us a reasonable reason why for the past one week.

I also called the state coordinator, he was telling me I should find money elsewhere (from who/ where Abeg ) and I should not rely on the allawee (my own entitlement ) and that if I got the money this month at all I'd be lucky, he didn't even want to listen to me that I had no other source of money and was running out of funds.

Abeg my people wetin I go do like this, I am stranded and need help sad .

cc: Lalasticlala Seun

I'm 2018 Batch B stream II,I haven't received for Nov and Dec months...I participated in the clearance exercises.

P.S: I'll storm the state secretariat tomorrow.
Re: NYSC Non Payment Of Allawee by darkhorizon: 12:02am On Jan 17, 2019
OTS18:

I'm 2018 Batch B stream II,I haven't received for Nov and Dec months...I participated in the clearance exercises.

P.S: I'll storm the state secretariat tomorrow.

How far, any results
Re: NYSC Non Payment Of Allawee by OTS18(m): 5:48pm On Jan 17, 2019
darkhorizon:

How far, any results

Yeah,was told to wait till month end...there was a lil correction in akant number.

Reporting from Kwara state.

What about yours?
Re: NYSC Non Payment Of Allawee by darkhorizon: 3:25am On Jan 20, 2019
OTS18:

Yeah,was told to wait till month end...there was a lil correction in akant number.

Reporting from Kwara state.

What about yours?

Same thing, they said they had 8 digits of our account number with them instead of 10. And it seems this problem was peculiar to people who's federal account fall under UNION bank like me.

Reporting from Enugu.

(1) (Reply)

Absent On 19A Clearance Status Portal *from April-august* (pictures) / NYSC Member Currently Serving In Sagamu, Ogun State / Nysc Batch ‘a’ 2017: All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.