Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Petr Cech Announces Retirement After 20 Years Of Excellence - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Petr Cech Announces Retirement After 20 Years Of Excellence (247 Views)

Ighalo Hints At U-turn On His International Retirement After A Cryptic Tweet / Tribute To Mikel Obi As Sunset For His Int'l Retirement After AFCON 2019 / Petr Cech Returns To Chelsea As New Technical And Performance Advisor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Petr Cech Announces Retirement After 20 Years Of Excellence by faithdinno: 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
[img]https://1.bp..com/-83swc84ISDk/XD3gBDjmq9I/AAAAAAAACS8/OF1SevZZC4kQ6R20qiO4WmcrQU2ue1WjACLcBGAs/s320/sportjyst-petr-cech.jpg[/img]
The 36-year-old joined Arsenal in June 2015, the club's rival, Chelsea, where he spent 11 years.
"Having played 15 years in the Premier League and won every possible trophy, I feel I got everything I wanted," said the former Czech Republic player. "I will continue working hard at Arsenal to win another trophy this season."
Cech's career was in doubt in October 2006 when he needed surgery for a broken skull after a collision with Reading's Stephen Hunt. The goalkeeper was out for three months and has since worn a head guard during the games. He added, "This is my 20th season as a professional player and it's been 20 years since I signed my first professional contract so it seems like the right time to announce that I'm retiring.
"I look forward to seeing what life keeps me out of the field." Cech arrived in England when he was hired by Chelsea for the French club Rennes in July 2004. He won 13 trophies with the Stamford Bridge, including one. Champions League and four Premier League titles. He also set a record of 228 clean matches in all competitions, surpassing the previous 208 mark of English international Peter Bonetti between 1960 and 1979. Cech eventually lost the place to Belgian Thibaut Courtois before joining Arsenal and helping the Gunners to win. England Cup in 2017, the BBC said. "For your consummate professionalism, for being the perfect model, for the 50 clean sheets, for your honesty, integrity and for your inspiring work with the Arsenal Foundation, we want to say - thank you Petr Cech," Arsenal tweeted.
source:http://sportjyst..com/

(1) (Reply)

Free Tips, Get Free Membership / Arsenal Vs Chelsea / Put Sport Aside 4 Now Think Erriga Can Rap Good, You Havent Heard This Guy Rap.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.