Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

I Don't Have The Will To Learn Anymore. Advice Needed. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Don't Have The Will To Learn Anymore. Advice Needed. (418 Views)

Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job / 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Have The Will To Learn Anymore. Advice Needed. by Blackavast(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2019
Good evening nairalanders. My morale has been down recently and I don't have the will to learn new skills anymore. I'm a programmer and I attend a reputable higher institution In Nigeria.
It all started when I found out recently my high school friends(Two of them) who I play basketball with got selected by scouts from abroad in my area 3 years ago to play basketball In the us. One of them switched to soccer because of his hight while the other is one step closer to the NBA(currently playing college basketball). I was happy at first when I found out but sad because I never took basketball seriously because of my education. A lot of people advice me back then to take basketball seriously but I was more focused on my education.
Any time I want to Program or work on a project I keep thinking about them and I feel sad and demoralized. For the past three weeks I've not been able to take part in any project. I just feel sad thinking what if I had taken basketball seriously will I be here today. Pls I need advice I can't perform any task for the past three weeks.

Ps :I'm sorry if my English is bad. I'm not good at expressing myself.
Re: I Don't Have The Will To Learn Anymore. Advice Needed. by Civilmaster(m): 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
Cool you got basketball groove in your veins... Meanwhile... Your time will come... Just try taking life seriously and as well spend some time in the basketball court playing with faces that may lead you to your grace someday... Just have hope and pray
Re: I Don't Have The Will To Learn Anymore. Advice Needed. by Blackavast(m): 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
Civilmaster:
Cool you got basketball groove in your veins... Meanwhile... Your time will come... Just try taking life seriously and as well spend some time in the basketball court playing with faces that may lead you to your grace someday... Just have hope and pray

Thanks Bro I'm really greatful
Re: I Don't Have The Will To Learn Anymore. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2019
It's ur frnds time, u avnt made a mistake, if u ar serious wit programin, u can even becom more sucessful dan ur frnds...But i can see u only av passion 4 basketball. U av just two options -

1) Love wat u do

2) Do wat u love

Make a choice...U'l smile at last
Re: I Don't Have The Will To Learn Anymore. Advice Needed. by Nukilia: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2019
grin grin cheesy

See this guy ooo... There's light @ the end of the tunnel bro, keep firing on all pistons till you make it big...
Re: I Don't Have The Will To Learn Anymore. Advice Needed. by Blackavast(m): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
sherylbakky:
It's ur frnds time, u avnt made a mistake, if u ar serious wit programin, u can even becom more sucessful dan ur frnds...But i can see u only av passion 4 basketball. U av just two options -

1) Love wat u do

2) Do wat u love

Make a choice...U'l smile at last
Thanks bro
Re: I Don't Have The Will To Learn Anymore. Advice Needed. by Blackavast(m): 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
Nukilia:
grin grin cheesy

See this guy ooo... There's light @ the end of the tunnel bro, keep firing on all pistons till you make it big...

Thanks Bro

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Have The Will To Learn Anymore. Advice Needed. by Nostradamus: 11:28am On Feb 13, 2019
Blackavast:

Thanks Bro
bro,i saw your post on that NBA thread.am afraid,but now it's late for you to make it to the NBA.my advice,just stick to programming(or any other job that catch your fancy)and work very hard to become great in it. I have a feeling your kids will inherit your height,so you'd guide them from childhood to make to the NBA,when they get drafted,you could always go watch them play. That will make you happy and proud.

As for your friends who are in The Us,are they in the same age bracket as you? If yes, they should work really hard to get drafted.making it to an NBA franchise is as hard as olumo rock.
I blame the Nigerian situation for how you're feeling,trust if you grow up in any of Us, Canada,lithuania or even Philippines,you'd take basketball seriously as a kid because your coach in school will always drag you to the court.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Courses For Fintech / Current Jobs At Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc / Data Analysis With SAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.