Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja (39130 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by samstradam: 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
Mods, has this news been verified - before being put on frontpage??!!
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by mabea: 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2019
PassingShot:
In as much as I don’t support Onnoghen, this is overzealous action by the EFCC.

This is very unnecessary!
Surprised at this comment though

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by arrestdarrester: 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2019
APC is bent on destroying this country but they will fail.

Nigeria is now officially under a dictatorship.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by profosa: 7:49pm On Jan 15, 2019
For me,it is better for Evans,Shina Rambo and all the deadly armed robbers to be free than for any sitting Judge to be corrupt and a bribe taker.

A judge has a higher moral code than the ordinary politicians.

if i am in his shoe i would quietly resign.Our Judges are crooks.if you have had any case in the so called hallowed chamber you would realize they all should be shot to move the country forward.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Yankee101: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
EFCC boss is the next to be fired
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by chinedumoooo: 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
He must brought to justice no matter the threat from corrupt fellow like him.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by BabaAduras: 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
Guestlander:

God bless you a million times. These are the questions no one is asking, including the people shouting our son, our son.

God bless you too.

Thanks.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by 2T215: 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
profosa:
For me,it is better for Evans,Shina Rambo and all the deadly armed robbers to be free than for any sitting Judge to be corrupt and a bribe taker.

if i am in his shoe i would quietly resign.Our Judges are crooks.if you have had any case in the so called hallowed chamber you would realize they all should be shot to move the country forward.

Resign like the man who hired over 11 SANs to defend his not having certificate, right?
The cjn just like every citizen has a right to be heard; to harass him simply because of an allegation is unacceptable. We shall see who would come out wounded since the current government does not understand the meaning of rule of law.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2019
This is fake news for God sake. The CJN already said it was a lie and I saw the news on vanguard just now. Why can’t the mods verify news before moving them to front page self.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/breaking-my-home-not-raided-by-efcc-cjn/
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by KaptainAfrika: 8:11pm On Jan 15, 2019
FAKE NEWS. No such raid is taking place.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by nograv: 8:13pm On Jan 15, 2019
PoliticsNigeria:
@POLITICSNGR

Information reaching the PoliticsNGR newsdesk this evening reveals that operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (INEC) have raided the residence of embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen.

PoliticsNGR learned that the EFCC raid comes amidst allegations of false assets and non-assets declaration levelled against Justice Onnoghen in a petition written to the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

The CCB had acted on an earlier petition written to it and the EFCC by Mr Dennis Aghanya, the Executive Secretary of the Anti-Corruption and Research-Based Data Initiative (ARDI).

Aghanya is a former media aide of President Muhammadu Buhari.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-efcc-raids-chief-justice-onnoghens-abuja-home/

Just say Buhari ordered a raid and be done with it..

Mtchew Naija...
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by JusticeSeeker: 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2019
The moderators are more concerned with traffic than checking if the news is genuine. How can this fake news be allowed to thrive here and then subsequently moved to front page?
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
mbaboy:
Buhari is a tyrant and a failure
WHAT DID YOUR UNKNOWN FATHER CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA?.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by kutashi: 8:28pm On Jan 15, 2019
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by docadams: 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2019
PoliticsNigeria:
@POLITICSNGR

Information reaching the PoliticsNGR newsdesk this evening reveals that operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (INEC) have raided the residence of embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen.

PoliticsNGR learned that the EFCC raid comes amidst allegations of false assets and non-assets declaration levelled against Justice Onnoghen in a petition written to the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

The CCB had acted on an earlier petition written to it and the EFCC by Mr Dennis Aghanya, the Executive Secretary of the Anti-Corruption and Research-Based Data Initiative (ARDI).

https://www.suanusblog.com/2019/01/ssa-to-justice-onnoghen-debunks.html?m=1
You must be somewhere hiding after posting fake news. If you are bundled into detention, you ilks with come out wailing. Societal rejects.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by duncun: 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2019
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by rhemiza(m): 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
Efcc turn inec?

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by blackboy(m): 8:50pm On Jan 15, 2019
Next it will be DSS to hound him. I wonder when DSS and EFCC will raid Buratai over his mansions in Dubai or Mr Grasscutter?
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by teemy(m): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2019
If the news were to be true, the action though proper if there was evidence and suspicion of illegal stash but would still look ill timed.

If a human head was found in the house the house owner would go free as the law does not support illegality to achieve a legal action. For there to be a raid, another judge must have signed off on it after being well convinced that there is enough evidence, proof or suspicion to warrant the raid.

As long as the cjn has clean hands, he will come out ahead.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by maasoap(m): 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Shebi after finding the documents it will still come to the NJC? I dont actually believe this story. i know Buhari is stupid but i still don't expect him to be this stupid.

Don't you think that you're a bit uncultured? President of a nation and old enough to be your grandpa age mate. I don't think your parents will be happy reading your response.

BTW if at all anything incriminating was in the CJN's residence do you really believe it will still be there now?

Since you already knew this, why stressing yourself up?
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by kayusely70(m): 10:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
PoliticsNigeria:
@POLITICSNGR

Fake and spurious
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Enemyofpeace: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
Na so una go they do this 10 years challenge stuff buhari go come win election for our back. We better concentrate ....��

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by CioAngels(f): 11:07pm On Jan 15, 2019
All these evil happenings are not by Katsina Buhari but by the cabal buhari and jubrin.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Billionaire09: 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2019
You all must set free all the Indigenous People Of Biafra in different prison custodies through various judiciary signatures. If not, hell will lose on you all.

We will start to flock all these saboteurs/corrupt (governors, politicians, and their political parties supporters) in Biafraland.

Come and vote and we shall see who owns this Biafraland.

Fulani deal with your slaves all you CARE, but start to pack your things and get out of Biafraland with your python dance.

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Billionaire09: 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
Na so una go they do this 10 years challenge stuff buhari go come win election for our back. We better concentrate ....��

If Nigeria is a zoo republic, guess what the beget.

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Nitah1: 11:47pm On Jan 15, 2019
Is like the father presiding over his Son's case,the old man is corrupt and shall surely face the music.
Racoon:

See the senseless government again? So despite the FHC restraining order? Nigerians pls arise.A full blown tyranny of 1983-85 Buhari era is back.

See the swiftness, alacrity, audacity & gusto the Buhari-led APC government & its lapdog appendages (EFCC, CCT,) have carried out this vendetta.Meanwhile Oshiomole, Akpabio, Ganduje, Maina, Obanikoro, OUK houses could not be searched or were they even prosecuted.

They have now gone for the highest arbiter of law in the land.Meanwhile the lawless & morally corrupt AGF as well as many of the indicted persons above in the coven of criminal saints have never ever been charged/ docked despite the many criminal & legal infractment they have committed because they belongs to the right side of the political divide.

I still maintained that the NJC, NBA, Counsel of Legal Education, Body of Benchers, lawyers, all men of good conscience must rise up to fight this tyranny.Nigeria is in big trouble.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by BLIZZARDCON: 7:51am On Jan 16, 2019
Why do you like lies? Why do youvwant to set the country on fire with your fake news?

Beware
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by supereagle(m): 8:56am On Jan 17, 2019
Suko110:

Did Ganduje step down ??
This is only the recent let us not talk about the backlog of sinners turned saints by prophet buhari immediately they switched parties

The state lesgilature are the right ones handle the case, they started, the corrupt court judge stopped them, Buhari is trying to sanitize the system now, we now screem blue murder.

Oluwole Adesina WROTE:

ON CJN: So many people are overrated in Nigeria. It's either they underrated our intelligence service or sheer stupid arrogance.

A whole Chief Justice of Nigeria is making silly excuse. How could someone of his calibre not knowing they are being monitored?

The money in Standard chartered wasn't there before Mr President took over in 2015 but was deposited there few months ago by desperado in PDP.

The losers wanted to win the presidency through the Supreme Court. Appeal the election then get favourable judgement at the Apex Court.

Unknown to them, the Judges are being monitored and all their lines are tapped.

Atiku Abubakar and Bukola Saraki are daft. They thought they could used the CJN knowing that Mary Odili is under spotlight. What a wrong move?

CJN need to step down because he has been caught red-handed with bribe money.

To hell with Atiku Abubakar and his evil plan.

And as for CJN? Shame on him.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by ThegreatLion: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
profosa:

please check your mail. i sent you a message
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by profosa: 3:31am On Jan 19, 2019
ThegreatLion:

please check your mail. i sent you a message

sorry did not get any

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn / Justice Umar Kicks A Security Guard At Abuja Plaza (Video) / Rochas Okorocha Responds To News Of His Arrest (Pics/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.