Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup (28391 Views)

Never Make A Sex Video With Anyone / 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup / How Do You Deal With A Breakup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by 24hoursreporter: 12:39am On Jan 16, 2019
A breakup is painful to experience. In fact, it is not something you should wish for your enemy let alone a close friend. However, when it happens, you will have to move on.

While they are several causes of breakup in a relationship, lack of respect and proper communication are the commonest reasons people break up these days.

Well, you may want to argue about cheating, but they all bore down to lack of respect. After all, there is no way you can cheat on your partner if you respect him or her.

In this article, you will learn about the 11 terrible mistakes you should never make after a breakup. If you can avoid these mistakes, you are less likely to be in depression when your partner breaks up with you.

11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup

#1. Contacting Your Ex Immediately After The Breakup

Trying to contact your ex immediately after a breakup is one of the terrible mistakes that you should never make. When your partner breaks up with you, try as much as possible to give space.

In fact, try not to reach out in the next 30 to 60 days. This will enable you to cope with the unnecessary feelings that come with it. But when you try contacting an ex immediately after a breakup, it is always very messy.

Sometimes, they make you feel so inconsequential that you feel like committing suicide. However, when you try to blank them out after the breakup, you tend to heal from the heartbreak easily.

#2. Don’t Communicate With Your Ex More Than Necessary

Sometimes it is almost impossible to stop contacting your ex completely. Again, it depends on the circumstances surrounding the breakup.

If it becomes necessary to communicate with your ex, be very moderate about it. Otherwise, it may affect your new relationship, especially if your partner isn’t comfortable with it.

Constant communication with your ex is likely going to ignite the feelings you guys had before. This could be unhealthy especially if both of you are in new relationship.

Silence is still preferable during the early stage of the breakup. When it becomes necessary to reach out with your ex, be very brief, direct and formal.

#3. Try As Much As Possible To Avoid Your Ex

One of the terrible mistakes people make after a breakup is not avoiding their ex. As a rule, try to avoid your ex in real world. Avoid going to places where you are likely to bump into your ex.

If you are in the same city with your ex, it is actually advisable to leave the city for sometimes. Take a short vacation, this will hasten your healing process.

However, if you finally bump into each other, try to be very nice, police and act formally. No hard feelings, don’t allow your emotions to make you look stupid.

#4. Not Taking Good Care Of Yourself

Most people tend to neglect themselves during a breakup. Don’t do this, it is only a breakup and not the end of the world. Remember, they are several fishes in the River, all you need is to set your hook and line properly.

So, while going through a breakup, don’t forget to take good care of yourself. This is one of the terrible mistakes you should never make after a breakup. Try to take care of yourself mentally and physically.

Eat well, sleep well, get hydrated, do a little workout, more importantly, go out and have fun. Little things like this will invigorate you and make you recover quickly from the heartbreak.

#5. Going Through Your Ex Social Media Is Not A Good Idea

Going through your Ex’s social media will only increase your pain. Going through their feed will only remind you of the memory you shared together.

So, it is advisable to stay away from their social media as you will only pick up some emotional wound by going through their feeds. Relationship experts always advice that you stay off social media in the first few days of a breakup. This will enable you to be stable mentally and emotionally.

However, if you can’t stay offline for a while, then unfriend or unfollow your friend on social media. This may be difficult, but its what you have to do.

#6. Don’t Be A Close Friend To Your Ex

There is a dangerous trend going on in society now. You hear some ladies saying “He is my ex and we are just friend”.

Are you kidding me right now? How is it possible to be just friend to your ex? What happens to Okafor law? You can communicate casually with your ex, but it is a bad idea to befriend him.

It could affect your current relationship, especially if your new partner is a jealous type. Take your Ex as your past and move on with your life.

#7. Don’t Allow Your Past Relationship To Define You

I wonder why some people will allow their past relationship to define them. Moving on is one of the best things you can do for yourself after a breakup.

You will agree with me that it is very frustrating and sometimes difficult to stop thinking about your ex. But as part of the recovering process, you need to identify who you are without your ex.

Never allow your experience in your past relationship define who you become. Work on your self-confidence and strive towards becoming a better you.

#8. Don’t Start A New Relationship Immediately

It is foolhardy to start a new relationship immediately after a breakup. Most times, such a relationship doesn’t last. You are basically using your new partner as a rebound to get over your ex.

As a rule, give yourself some time to heal before you enter a new relationship. This will enable you to be more rational in your decision and make the right choice.

Let me resound it here that using a new relationship to distract yourself is a classic mistake you shouldn’t make at all. Things will always go sour.

#9. Don’t Be Too Desperate To Win Back Your Ex

Desperation is never a solution to a broken relationship. In fact, it is always counterproductive. Sometimes, when your attempt to win back your ex is abortive, you tend to be depressed.

So, the best thing for you to do is to take things slowly and keep your fingers crossed. Don’t try to press too hard, just let him be and move on with your life.

#10. Never Use Drugs Or Alcohol To Cope With Your Pain

The greatest deception is for you to think that using drugs or alcohol will help you cope with your breakup. This will only make things worse for you and turn you into an addict.

Even if using drugs and alcohol will only numb your sadness and pain for a while, it will not help in the long run.

#11. Don’t Discuss Your Current Relationship With Your Ex

Irrespective of what you are going through in a relationship, your ex is not the right person to discuss it with. Take note of this, it is one of the most terrible mistakes you should never make after a breakup.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/01/15/11-terrible-mistakes-you-should-never-make-after/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by 24hoursreporter: 12:44am On Jan 16, 2019
Read Also!!! Guys Who Bear These Names Are Always Good Looking But Dangerous Players ===> http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/10/20/guys-that-bear-these-names-are-good-looking-and-are-players/

2 Likes

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by Chidex50(m): 10:31am On Jan 16, 2019
When will our Leaders get it right? Politics of interest all over the country
Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:32am On Jan 16, 2019
Very good thread...
Thumbs up OP.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by ghiloman28(m): 10:32am On Jan 16, 2019
OK
Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by Uglymind: 10:33am On Jan 16, 2019
First of all.......I just want to give thanks to the Almighty God for touching the head of scientists ,bringing them together to produce BABY OIL,..The Almighty God has known that there is no hope again in all this Nigerian girls.. From one problem to another.. What can a Nigerian girl contribute to a relationship.. Sex? Why do guys suffer and spend a lot just to have sex ? Sex sex sex ... STD is real.. If you are not afraid of HIV fear HPV or staphylococcus you can still contact those two with protection..

Let's be wise
The side effects of using baby oil will be little and cheap compared to contracting STD

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by Aieboocaar(m): 10:33am On Jan 16, 2019
Is it just me or does anyone else wonder why people see their exes as the devil or a plague which must be avoided at all cost undecided

7 Likes

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by DrUmaru(m): 10:34am On Jan 16, 2019
@theolasunkanmi on Instagram

12 Likes

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by dingbang(m): 10:35am On Jan 16, 2019
Especially going into a new relationship after a break up. Total No! Its a time to revive yourself, solidify new friendships, increase financially.
Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by DrUmaru(m): 10:35am On Jan 16, 2019
another one

5 Likes

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by ipledge10(m): 10:36am On Jan 16, 2019
K
Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by JeeMoney: 10:36am On Jan 16, 2019
Okay
Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by DanDeeBoss(m): 10:36am On Jan 16, 2019
Eemmmmm... Hmmmm

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by DrUmaru(m): 10:36am On Jan 16, 2019
Lastly. say no to negligence

2 Likes

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by Henry22(m): 10:37am On Jan 16, 2019
Have fun and give urself a very good treat.
Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 16, 2019
#12 never go back to your vomits. The reason you left is probably still there. I has even worsened sef. People hardly change, especially in love.

Feel free to check my signature to compare and book the cheapest possible flights and hotels worldwide. It's TOTALLY FREE.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by helinues: 10:37am On Jan 16, 2019
Na so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by SEONaijaExpert: 10:37am On Jan 16, 2019
Why does this sound like avoiding an ex like a plague. Not everybody had a bad break up you know.

5 Likes

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:38am On Jan 16, 2019
Break up sometimes seem good when you realise your account balance aren't draining faster than in the relationship. It made me feel I was out of bondage of 4 years. When I hear name of my ex, I zoom faster than Husain bolt

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by lonelydora: 10:39am On Jan 16, 2019
Relationship does not have rules. Do whatever that works for you. We are all different in one way or the other

12 Likes

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by Ortega3393x: 10:39am On Jan 16, 2019
Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by Dinho20(m): 10:39am On Jan 16, 2019
Singles:
Falling in love with a married person is wrong; no matter how you look at it and regardless of the state of his or her marriage. Never be the reason for the failure of someone else's marriage. Don't bring a curse upon your life and upon your future. Stay away from married people. You cannot destroy someone else's a marriage and expect a blessing form God. Even if his/her marriage seems to be falling apart; it is still holy. Stay away from it. “Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.”

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by DrBasit(m): 10:40am On Jan 16, 2019
This is a good post...
Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by Greystone: 10:40am On Jan 16, 2019
It’s difficult not to do #4

You almost always forget to take care of yourself.

I usually pride myself in eating well, less carbohydrates more fruits and vegetables but after the last break up I was so depressed that for like a month all I was eating was junk. No exercise.

4 Likes

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 16, 2019
If you ex almost killed your the first time, he will surely not miss the next time. Don't go back to your ex wink

Feel free to check my signature to compare and book the cheapest possible flights and hotels worldwide. It's TOTALLY FREE.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by IjebuWarrior: 10:41am On Jan 16, 2019
angry
Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by notoriousbabe: 10:42am On Jan 16, 2019
No wonder ajepako dey do anyhow
Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by lonelydora: 10:42am On Jan 16, 2019
Dinho20:
Singles:
Falling in love with a married person is wrong; no matter how you look at it and regardless of the state of his or her marriage. Never be the reason for the failure of someone else's marriage. Don't bring a curse upon your life and upon your future. Stay away from married people. You cannot destroy someone else's a marriage and expect a blessing form God. Even if his/her marriage seems to be falling apart; it is still holy. Stay away from it. “Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.”

Sleeping with someone's wife is a loan repayable someday in whatever form Karma chooses.

1 Like

Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by wonder233: 10:42am On Jan 16, 2019
Only you made a post only you greedily took advantage of that to be FTC on your own post.
You see why we are where we are today in this country? undecided
24hoursreporter:
How you handle a breakup can either make or mar you! The choice is yours.
Re: 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup by temmypotter(m): 10:42am On Jan 16, 2019
Story

Get busy , Get productive , Get The bag

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photos Of The Youngest Bursar In Northern Nigeria / How To Know That You Are Putting Too Much Effort In A Relationship / My Girlfriend Never Says "I Love You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.