Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

My First Encounter With A Ghost - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My First Encounter With A Ghost (652 Views)

Encounter With The Witch / My Encounter With Kate / How An Encounter With A Marijuana Smoker Helped Solved My Problem- Johnspeak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Encounter With A Ghost by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:53am On Jan 16, 2019
I can still remember late afternoon January 16, 2013, I was in the sitting room watching TV. It was still our holidays and my secondary school's calendar always went different from other schools making us have holidays alone.
I was alone in the house and then someone tapped the door gently, the kind of soft knocks only ladies could give. I waited until it came again and I left to open it.

I was in a haste as there was this new movie on Joy Prime (we were using Strong then) and once you miss it, no coming back. When I reached the door and opened, it was Anty Casandra, a close family friend. Anty Casandra though not related to us, was like our blood.She would always make us cakes and send them across whenever we returned from school and at times would pass the night in our house.
This of course, made me always take her as my family until I grew up to know she wasn't one of us.

'Anty good afternoon!' I greeted with a very cheerful grin.
'How are you?' She replied, but there was something unlike the normal Anty Casandra I knew, she was avoiding my eyes. I tried to make her smile with our normal jokes but it was almost impossible, she just couldn't look at my face.
She was putting on a black gown and had a pink facecap on, then flat palms as she always dressed. I must confess I really loved her dress sense, and waited earnestly for her to get married so I'd see how fashionable a daughter she would have.

I wasn't a kid then and was quit to detect an abnormality somewhere, 'Anty is there any problem?'
'No...!' she replied, 'Where's your mum?'
She never addresses Mum as 'your mum', she always called her 'Anty!'
'She has gone to school', I replied.

'Ok, tell her that I'm going home!' That was all I heard, then she turned to leave. I wanted to ask her when she'd come back but there was no room for that, so I let the sleeping dog lie.
It wasn't up to 2 hours from then, and Mum came home crying.
'Anty Casandra had died in a motor accident earlier that day!'

'Jeez...are you kidding me mum?' I was surprised. I spoke to her earlier today and she asked me to tell you that she was traveling home.
Could it be that I spoke with her ghost? Could Anty Casandra not have gone without telling us she was going?

I broke down sick from crying few days later and till today, I get goose pimples whenever I remember talking to Anty Casandra's ghost.
Maybe she was in love with our family, who knows? Till today I don't believe ghosts go, I believe they hover around the earth making things better for us.
I love you Anty Casandra!

Author: Igbo Clifford Chimaizuobi
Re: My First Encounter With A Ghost by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:55am On Jan 16, 2019
Thanks a lot for reading along, I hope you enjoyed my story wink

CC: lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With A Ghost by selfwife(f): 1:09am On Jan 16, 2019
Your story is interesting. There are many stories about spirits (ghost). Thank goodness aunty Cassandra did not carry you along.

(1) (Reply)

Agony Of Chioma Episode 1 / The Abomination - Episode 10 / Heart Doctor All Episode - By Rejoice C. Jeremiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.