Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… (9757 Views)

Poll: What Say You?

Should she quit?: 38% (10 votes)
Fight for the man she really love?: 61% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies / 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Sissy3(f): 7:34am On Aug 13, 2010
Dear Agatha,

I am in a very hot soup and what is happening to me appears to be like a story from a movie. I am still hoping to wake up from this nightmare. I have gone to several places to seek help including a radio programme, but my problem persists. And with each day, it becomes more complex and too confusing for me to handle.

I don’t know where to start or how to solve this problem facing me in my marriage. My husband impregnated my sister. After her Youth Service, she requested to come over to Lagos to stay with me. My mother didn’t particularly like the idea of her coming living with me in my matrimonial home, but being my sister and one I like very much, I overruled my mother.

It didn’t end my mother’s concern as she kept calling my sister to behave herself without causing troubles for me in my marriage. Curious to know why mother was always cautioning her against causing problems for me, she just laughed over the matter and dismissed mother as being paranoid. Since I didn’t really grow with them, I have lived all my life in boarding schools outside the country. I know very little

I honestly didn’t have any reason to suspect she was having an affair with my husband until I noticed she was pregnant. Not that she told me about her pregnancy, I chanced on her antenatal card and asked if she was pregnant. She told me yes and when I asked her who the man was since I noticed she had one or two men always around her. She told me the owner of the pregnancy is someone I know and who I would approve of.

Bothered that my husband may not like the situation of her staying in his house with a pregnancy. I told my sister to hasten the process of bringing the man home to meet my husband to avoid problems for me in my own home.

To my surprise she told me not to worry about my husband that he wouldn’t mind, because the owner of the pregnancy is like a twin brother to him. Her attitude was at that point beginning to irritate me so I decided to inform my husband myself about the development. I had expected him to be enraged with anger, but he instead broke down in tears begging me to forgive him. That my sister practically despoiled him on one of those Saturdays I went out.

He said he has been begging her to abort the child when she came to inform him of the pregnancy but my sister says she cannot afford to go through an abortion again. According to him he has done everything to erase the incident but my sister appears determined to hurt me for a reason he doesn’t understand. To demonstrate his helplessness, he even went to the extent of buying her a ticket to travel abroad to save me the pains of knowing that she is carrying his baby.

As if wasn’t enough shock for me, when I confronted my sister, she told me its her turn to pay me back for having everything she has always desired as a child. She said whereas, our parents made her stay in Nigeria, I was given the opportunity to school abroad. For the first time I experienced real hatred from the eyes of the person I love with all my heart.

My parents especially my mother is devastated by what my sister has done. She is currently on admission for high blood pressure. My father and the rest of the family have disowned my sister just as my in-laws too have also disowned the pregnancy. My husband is sending everybody to beg me to forgive him, but my sister remains adamant despite pressures from everyone that she terminates the pregnancy.

Agatha, I have always trusted my husband and know that he would not deliberately do anything to hurt me, but how can I share him with my sister or explain to my children that their cousin is actually their father’s child? All his friends are also united in my favour. He went as far as getting his managing director to come and beg me to forgive him. I am really confused. I have known my husband for over 18 years and never has he once betrayed me even when he had all the excuses to. http://odili.net/news/source/2010/aug/12/400.html

Should I quit or remain and fight for the man I really love?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Sissy3(f): 7:35am On Aug 13, 2010
goodness me! how can a sister be so mean cry cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by iice(f): 7:42am On Aug 13, 2010
Though painful. . .i think she should stay with him. It's not like he has a past of this sort and he's doing his best to make amends. But the sister lipsrsealed All those wey like to dey do, blood is thicker than water. . .one day pesin no go wake up

1 Like

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Sissy3(f): 7:44am On Aug 13, 2010
do you think her sister should adopt the child at least to lessen the pain as agatha suggested or? i mean, the no matter her  option/choice,  the child is still the husbands and she is technically a part of the baby
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by iice(f): 7:54am On Aug 13, 2010
It depends on how she feels towards the child. Maybe at the beginning its going to be hard to separate her anger towards her sister/husband and her feelings towards the child. Complicated family dynamics. The child could still be raised by the sister and be part of the family undecided
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Sissy3(f): 8:02am On Aug 13, 2010
iice:

It depends on how she feels towards the child. Maybe at the beginning its going to be hard to separate her anger towards her sister/husband and her feelings towards the child. Complicated family dynamics. The child could still be raised by the sister and be part of the family undecided

with the nasty attitude her sister has, who knows she might even want to move in with them or else she will extort the man die. i mean her only intent is to/will be to cause her sister much pain just to get revenge. kai people are wicked o undecided

1 Like

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by iice(f): 8:22am On Aug 13, 2010
I mean for the mean time, till the she has worked out herself. I dunno which is worse. . .using the kid for extortion or privately despising the child.
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by gozzilla(m): 8:48am On Aug 13, 2010
Fight for your man. The intent was to hurt you. You should draw strength from that and just love him through this. You guys can leave the town for a while go somewhere and find peace for the both of you. Sure, the problem will not go away but in time the pain will lessen. And please remember to love that child no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by africu: 10:27am On Aug 13, 2010
Your sister may hate you for no fault of yours. Still show her love by not doing anything that will give her the though that you are fighting back because that is what she actually wants you to do. just show her love and it will break her will power. for your husband, forgive him because men are weak and it takes the grace of God for a man to say no to a girl that freely flash her unseeable apple. he must have learnt a lesson from it that will make him more loyal to you. Take heart my dear.
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by softgirl1: 10:51am On Aug 13, 2010
So Sad unknown enemies na wa o, hummmmmmm
@ poster pls don't leave ur home don't leave ur helpless husband it is a trying time in ur mariage note that what eva is happening to u now is not new it most have happen to some one else just be strong and pray to God to give u the grace to cary on cos if u leave ur sister will take ova ur home and as for ur sister don't hate her but dine with her with a long spon and no matter wat just have it at the back of ur mind that she would still want to hot u in anyway i will remember ur family in prayers and i no God will see u thru this trying moment of ur marrige, cry
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Slimk2(f): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2010
My sister,  i am speechless with words of advice to give you, but one thing i know God will mend your heart, give the courage to take the things you can't change and change the ones you can. Above all seek God's counsel.
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 13, 2010
Did she(the sister) rape him?

7 Likes

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Sissy3(f): 11:35am On Aug 13, 2010
the man claimed she 'seduced' him

1 Like

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2010
How weak and low the dciks of men can go undecided

This woman did not travel for weeks, if she did then I would have said the "konji" wey hold the man too much

But one saturday, he had this wife from mon to fri and even a few hours that same saturday yet he cheated jeeebussssss undecided

1 Like

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Sissy3(f): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2010
i tire for some men.

feel bad for the big sister, if only she had listened to her mother

1 Like

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Geolalisa(f): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2010
My dear, I feel your pain, but u need to fight for your man. As for your Sis leave her to God, for anything that goes around comes around.
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by jenny9: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2010
invite your sister to a dinner, cook delicious meal, poison her . God will forgive you

as for your husband pls forgive him.
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by IyaBasira: 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2010
~Sissy~:

Dear Agatha,

I am in a very hot soup and what is happening to me appears to be like a story from a movie. I am still hoping to wake up from this nightmare. I have gone to several places to seek help including a radio programme, but my problem persists. And with each day, it becomes more complex and too confusing for me to handle.

I don’t know where to start or how to solve this problem facing me in my marriage. My husband impregnated my sister. After her Youth Service, she requested to come over to Lagos to stay with me. My mother didn’t particularly like the idea of her coming living with me in my matrimonial home, but being my sister and one I like very much, I overruled my mother.

It didn’t end my mother’s concern as she kept calling my sister to behave herself without causing troubles for me in my marriage. Curious to know why mother was always cautioning her against causing problems for me, she just laughed over the matter and dismissed mother as being paranoid. Since I didn’t really grow with them, I have lived all my life in boarding schools outside the country. I know very little

I honestly didn’t have any reason to suspect she was having an affair with my husband until I noticed she was pregnant. Not that she told me about her pregnancy, I chanced on her antenatal card and asked if she was pregnant. She told me yes and when I asked her who the man was since I noticed she had one or two men always around her. She told me the owner of the pregnancy is someone I know and who I would approve of.

Bothered that my husband may not like the situation of her staying in his house with a pregnancy. I told my sister to hasten the process of bringing the man home to meet my husband to avoid problems for me in my own home.

To my surprise she told me not to worry about my husband that he wouldn’t mind, because the owner of the pregnancy is like a twin brother to him. Her attitude was at that point beginning to irritate me so I decided to inform my husband myself about the development. I had expected him to be enraged with anger, but he instead broke down in tears begging me to forgive him. [b]That my sister practically despoiled him on one of those Saturdays I went out.[/b]

He said he has been begging her to abort the child when she came to inform him of the pregnancy but my sister says she cannot afford to go through an abortion again. According to him he has done everything to erase the incident but my sister appears determined to hurt me for a reason he doesn’t understand. To demonstrate his helplessness, he even went to the extent of buying her a ticket to travel abroad to save me the pains of knowing that she is carrying his baby.

As if wasn’t enough shock for me, when I confronted my sister, she told me its her turn to pay me back for having everything she has always desired as a child. She said whereas, our parents made her stay in Nigeria, I was given the opportunity to school abroad. For the first time I experienced real hatred from the eyes of the person I love with all my heart.

My parents especially my mother is devastated by what my sister has done. She is currently on admission for high blood pressure. My father and the rest of the family have disowned my sister just as my in-laws too have also disowned the pregnancy. My husband is sending everybody to beg me to forgive him, but my sister remains adamant despite pressures from everyone that she terminates the pregnancy.

Agatha, I have always trusted my husband and know that he would not deliberately do anything to hurt me, but how can I share him with my sister or explain to my children that their cousin is actually their father’s child? All his friends are also united in my favour. He went as far as getting his managing director to come and beg me to forgive him. I am really confused. I have known my husband for over 18 years and never has he once betrayed me even when he had all the excuses to.

Should I quit or remain and fight for the man I really love?

She practically raped him??
Ummmm . . . seriously?
I guess it all depends on body mass.
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2010
IyaBasira:

She practically despoiled him??
Ummmm . . . seriously?
I guess it all depends on body mass.

LOL  grin  grin

I think the man will do well to take some responsibility here. How could one young lady despoil him? How is that even possible to begin with? Did she drug him, tie him to a bed and hold a gun to his head?

And after this 'unfortunate' incident, he allowed her to keep living in their house and didn't bother to tell his wife?

And if it was just a one off despoil, then how come it's so easy for him to accept the pregancy when the lady has at least two other men in her life? He's not even wondering if maybe the baby's not his?

He had an affair with his wife's sister and got her pregnant. I'd say 50% of the fault is his.  undecided

4 Likes

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by IyaBasira: 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2010
Ujujoan:

LOL grin grin

I think the man will do well to take some responsibility here. How could one young lady despoil him? How is that even possible to begin with? Did she drug him, tie him to a bed and hold a gun to his head?

He slept with his wife's sister without protection and got her pregnant. I'd say 50% of the fault is his. undecided

Exactly.
I'm not even going to talk abt the sister cos she ain't worth mentioning here.
HE is the issue. cos She isnt married to her sister, is she?
undecided

5 Likes

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 13, 2010
IyaBasira:

Exactly.
I'm not even going to talk abt the sister cos she ain't worth mentioning here.
HE is the issue. cos She isnt married to her sister, is she?
undecided

I'm sorry I modified the post a little bit grin grin

As for the sister, well, she's obviosly a little biatch. But like you said, she married him, not her sister. That should have counted for something!
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2010
Is this the part three of blood sisters? coz am really hoping this is not true.
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by DAVE20: 5:56pm On Aug 13, 2010
Madam remember marrage is for better for worst you have experience the better side now is time to test the worst side of it. Now let me tell you the did has already been done for what so ever reason you can't change it. I think is time to fough ahead. Pls nobody should do any thing to the baby. As for your sister shame on her. Did she really go to school or spend your parrent money on geting her self men. For your husband. Men he fuockt up, but any way pls forgive him remember you said you know him very well, for more advise my email is yarsk4real@yahoo.com
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by invisible2(m): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2010
The man is lying through his teeth.
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by bawomolo(m): 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2010
That my sister practically despoiled him on one of those Saturdays I went out.

nucca please. excuses excuses

2 Likes

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Sissy3(f): 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2010
of course the man is doing all he can to cover his azz up, rape, seduce etc are all part of the coverup plan. why didnt he even tell the wife earlier if he was so remorseful and knew fully well that the sister wasnt going to keep "quite" afterall?

2 Likes

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by iice(f): 7:53am On Aug 14, 2010
~Sissy~:

of course the man is doing all he can to cover his azz up, despoil, seduce etc are all part of the coverup plan. why didnt he even tell the wife earlier if he was so remorseful and knew fully well that the sister wasnt going to keep "quite" afterall?

Because he was still being hopeful that the sister would have the abortion, or meteor will hit or something will happen. People are usually optimistic when it comes to some miraculous help. You should hear them pray grin

Not disputing that he isn't at fault. He already has the consequence happening to him.
But relatives like her are ewww and people tolerate that for the 'blood thingie thingie'.
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Sissy3(f): 8:26am On Aug 14, 2010
i guess the dude is only sorry that he was caught because had the girl gone ahead with one of his plans he would have never even mention it or even be truly remorseful of it.

however, i get this feelings that he would be one of those men who would want his child back(if the lil sister kept the baby) if his wife dont give birth or have a son.

the sister is more than despicable, not only has she intentionally caused her sister emotional scars, the mother has also suffered a lot plus the whole family. i wonder what she truly think she was going to gain, her mothers/family support? or approval from the outside? oga o. people have heart o. tufikwa
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by invisible2(m): 9:54am On Aug 14, 2010
May I also use this opportunity to doubt the story. Especially where the lady said her sister's reason for doing what she is doing is because she wants to pay her back for getting all the good things. Things don't just happen that way and sibling rivalry/hatered has its limits.

1 Like

Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Sissy3(f): 10:06am On Aug 14, 2010
i dont doubt it. its quite possible even with such ridiculous sounding reasons. some people regardless of ties are pure wicked and think no good of their fellow man. and some do take the sibling rivalry to the upper next level. and knowing how the sister must have felt about her big sis, possibly being liked by everyone, preferred by their parents, sent to the best schools, married the 'best' man etc are quite reason enough to trigger her kind of person. and things like this do happen but it goes down in the 'archives of the family secrets' and are rarely heard in public as such.
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by iice(f): 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2010
~Sissy~:

i dont doubt it. its quite possible even with such ridiculous sounding reasons. some people regardless of ties are pure wicked and think no good of their fellow man. and some do take the sibling rivalry to the upper next level. and knowing how the sister must have felt about her big sis, possibly being liked by everyone, preferred by their parents, sent to the best schools, married the 'best' man etc are quite reason enough to trigger her kind of person. and things like this do happen but it goes down in the 'archives of the family secrets' and are rarely heard in public as such.

People are evil and the mind is really malleable.
Re: Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… by Sissy3(f): 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2010
abi. the sis must feel fulfilled and mission accomplished.

do you feel the family was right in disowning her?

(1) (2) (Reply)

SUREHOME MARRIAGE SEMINAR | July 2023 Edition / Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? / How To Catch A Cheating Boyfriend Or Husband- A Must Read For Ladies!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.