Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Lost&expired Nigerian Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lost&expired Nigerian Passport (633 Views)

Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport / Traveling To Nigeria With An Expired Nigerian Passport / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost&expired Nigerian Passport by Filashade(f): 11:20am On Jan 16, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I live in London but was born in Nigeria(left naija when I was 9) and I am a british citizen but my child passport has expired(am 24 now) and I need to travel to Nigeria in August/September but I don't know what to do.

The problem is my dad is not in good terms with his family and my biological mum for the past 20 years and I asked my dad for my expired child passport but he gives me excuses and I know he has it. Anyways, is it a good idea to report it as lost even though it has been a long time the passport expired so more than 7 years now.

What will I put as the passport number since I have no information for that. Also what evidence do I have to proof to the embassy it is genuine?

Also how much would it cost for everything ands whats the actual process after I filled everything.

I hope to start this process sometime in March after this brexit wahala don finish.
Re: Lost&expired Nigerian Passport by Lexusgs430: 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
Filashade:
Hello Everyone,

I live in London but was born in Nigeria(left naija when I was 9) and I am a british citizen but my child passport has expired(am 24 now) and I need to travel to Nigeria in August/September but I don't know what to do.

The problem is my dad is not in good terms with his family and my biological mum for the past 20 years and I asked my dad for my expired child passport but he gives me excuses and I know he has it. Anyways, is it a good idea to report it as lost even though it has been a long time the passport expired so more than 7 years now.

What will I put as the passport number since I have no information for that. Also what evidence do I have to proof to the embassy it is genuine?

Also how much would it cost for everything ands whats the actual process after I filled everything.

I hope to start this process sometime in March after this brexit wahala don finish.

Declare your passport missing and take police report to Nigerian High commission for guidance........
Re: Lost&expired Nigerian Passport by demospain(m): 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
Filashade:
Hello Everyone,

Declare the passport lost by backing it up with a police report .as the nigeria high commission in London will request for the POLICE REPORT.
About the evidence to prove to the embassy,if u can get a copy of the data page perfect but if not the police report will cover that.since your expired passport its an e-passport.your finger print will proof the authenticity.

About the process.u fill online application.choose united kingdom as ur location country and make a payment online as well by card.
In Spain where i live,u dont need appointment .u just go to the embassy after d online application and payment for scanning but in England the last time i help a family friend to do the processing the appointment/interview date always stated in d payment receipt.
If u need further assistance regarding processing dont hesitate...
U can send me mail- rashidous@gmail.com
Re: Lost&expired Nigerian Passport by Filashade(f): 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Declare your passport missing and take police report to Nigerian High commission for guidance........

Thank you smiley
Re: Lost&expired Nigerian Passport by Filashade(f): 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
demospain:

Declare the passport lost by backing it up with a police report .as the nigeria high commission in London will request for the POLICE REPORT.
About the evidence to prove to the embassy,if u can get a copy of the data page perfect but if not the police report will cover that.since your expired passport its an e-passport.your finger print will proof the authenticity.

About the process.u fill online application.choose united kingdom as ur location country and make a payment online as well by card.
In Spain where i live,u dont need appointment .u just go to the embassy after d online application and payment for scanning but in England the last time i help a family friend to do the processing the appointment/interview date always stated in d payment receipt.
If u need further assistance regarding processing dont hesitate...
U can send me mail- rashidous@gmail.com

Yassss thank you smiley Please check your inbox, I emailed you.

(1) (Reply)

Single Woman Travel / How Rich Nigerians Have Hijacked The Free SA Air Peace Transport / These Are Some Helpful Safety Tips For The Festive Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.