Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? (31656 Views)

My Teaching Experience As A Corper/pyschologist In A Public And Private School. / Lagos Public And Private Schools To Resume On Monday / Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by Young042galaxy: 9:55am On Jan 17, 2019
zagorakis:

Do they wrote postutme in unimaid.. Pls help and ask ur friend.
They don't write putme. Ur jamb and O'level result only. So try to score high above 250 then you can get any medical course there or 280 for medsurg.
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by Destol090: 9:56am On Jan 17, 2019
I graduated 4rm Uniport nd I knw Uniport 2 b very transparent in d issue of admission
If u can score 290 and above, my dear b sure of getting admitted into ur preferred area of discipline [color=#006600][/color]
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by wanger50(m): 10:03am On Jan 17, 2019
1Ronaldo:

Have things changed there?
Things couldn't have changed so soon.In the last JAMB admission update I watched on live TV, ABU was rated as the most compliant in terms of reflecting federal character across all courses

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by zagorakis(m): 10:04am On Jan 17, 2019
[quote author=Young042galaxy post=74842544]
They don't write putme. Ur jamb and O'level result only. So try to score high above 250 then you can get any medical course there or 280 for medsurg. [/quote

Thanks so much..
Not for me though.. Inquired for a friend..
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by linzeze(m): 10:34am On Jan 17, 2019
firstolalekan:

It's definitely about bias.
Check the most chosen school in jamb, you won't find unn in 1st 3. That's a typical problem there, but they'll start wailing when ui or Unilag deny dem admission.
This people are very intolerant to others but come to Lagos and kano and see them forming landlord...
Check and compare the ratio of Igbo students in Unilag and Abu to Yoruba or hausa/Fulani students in unn and be the judge.
If you are from West or North and you apply for UNN,I Bet you,Admission is sure.
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by flexyndavis(m): 10:36am On Jan 17, 2019
una get time to study herevin nigeria,me na nursing canada by sept
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by Fayos1(m): 10:44am On Jan 17, 2019
iceboy4752:

ABU is very transparent in her admission.
. ABU. Hmmm
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by dokyOloye: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2019
firstolalekan:

It's definitely about bias.
Check the most chosen school in jamb, you won't find unn in 1st 3. That's a typical problem there, but they'll start wailing when ui or Unilag deny dem admission.
This people are very intolerant to others but come to Lagos and kano and see them forming landlord...
Check and compare the ratio of Igbo students in Unilag and Abu to Yoruba or hausa/Fulani students in unn and be the judge.
Which states have been topping the pass list in WAEC etc?
Does your tribalist brain not tell you that those ppl will naturally top d merit list foradmission into competitive courses like medicine?

1 Like

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by Myketuale(m): 10:51am On Jan 17, 2019
Scholars in the house. Please is Kaduna state university fully accredited for medicine & surgery.
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by dokyOloye: 10:54am On Jan 17, 2019
Godhead4:

What are you trying to say? Cos Unn will give you admission with a very low score so far you are not from the East while denying easterners with higher scores. Is clearly a case of these people(non-Easterners) not applying there.
Forget that kike you quoted.
He's used to quota system.

1 Like

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 10:56am On Jan 17, 2019
Benjax:

Yeah, dear aspirant, I'm a freshman-- UNICAL, BDS. I must say that the admission process is quite fair. If you're from any of the South-South states, you have an edge (Catchment). If you're from any of the ELDS-Education Less Developed States, you stand a good chance.

At present, the cut off mark for Medsurg is 296 Merit, as published by the school. Then, there were distributions to most states of their specific cut off marks, lower than the general cut off mark for Merit, Catchment or ELDS as the case may be. By the way, Dentsurg is pegged at 272 Merit.

Mode of calculation is UTME score + Post UTME score รท by 2.

The Post UTME was 40 questions to be taken within 20 minutes--- English, Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Current affairs. English was about 20 questions while others shared the remaining 20 slots. Strictly O level questions!

They also do entertain subscriptions to supplementary admissions. They sometimes refer one to another course also, should one not meet up with one's first choice course. That one, perhaps, has no means of checking it's transparency.

SECOND CHOICE CANDIDATES are not considered!
Wow, BDS; CONGRATULATIONS. I've read and heard lots of negative reviews about UNICAL and how you sometimes have to pay your way through or have an inside man or both in order to get admitted. Thank you Sir for your help.
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by jason7: 10:57am On Jan 17, 2019
I advise you go for Eko university of medicine and health sciences, located at ijanikin badagry express road, its a private university and their ADMISSION IS ON, right now, because it is private university, you don't have to bother about strike, the owner is a Nigerian American with 50 years of practice in medicine&surgery and they adopt an American curriculum, you can check them on jamb website under private universities or their website ekounimed.edu.ng. or call, 08106172902. for further information.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 11:06am On Jan 17, 2019
Destol090:
I graduated 4rm Uniport nd I knw Uniport 2 b very transparent in d issue of admission
If u can score 290 and above, my dear b sure of getting admitted into ur preferred area of discipline [color=#006600][/color]

This is the third positive review from this thread I've received about UNIPORT. Thanks.
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by kenedy175(m): 11:09am On Jan 17, 2019
Go to UNIMAID and be made. There medical school is one of the best in the country. They have everything it takes to make you a very good doctor. The current final year students came in 2013 but started lectures early 2014. They are graduating this year. Now imagine how fast that is..
And the school fees is little or nothing. You'll get to pay about 25k every year. Thats all

5 Likes

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 11:15am On Jan 17, 2019
entaprize:
If you have N1.2 million, apply to this new Federal University: Alex Ekwueme Federal Univeristy Ndufu Alike, Ikwo, Ebonyi state. They offer MBBS and its less competitive.

Why is it so expensive? Is this the sum freshers would have to pay or is this the yearly amount? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by firstolalekan(m): 11:16am On Jan 17, 2019
dokyOloye:

Which states have been topping the pass list in WAEC etc?
Does your tribalist brain not tell you that those ppl will naturally top d merit list foradmission into competitive courses like medicine?
Ode
Keep fooling yourself
Special centres topping

1 Like

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 11:24am On Jan 17, 2019
papyskinsy:
frm my own personal opinion
Federal School choose *, OAU ile ife rogged but sound

Private school choose*, BOWEN university iwo osun state.. not too expensive.. and their teaching hospital is equipped with ultra modern facilities

all de best bro cheesy
Thanks man.
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 11:29am On Jan 17, 2019
dokyOloye firstolalekan Please sheath your swords.:@:D8-)
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 11:36am On Jan 17, 2019
mzeepositive:
Oga if really as u said u got 280-290 previously y have u not been admitted

It's actually surprising to me too. Someone scored 302 (check pg 1 of this thread) and was not given.
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 11:41am On Jan 17, 2019
Bigii:
Apply UNIMAID cool
Come back and thank me later
Thank you sir. cheesy cool

3 Likes

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 11:44am On Jan 17, 2019
DrThanos:
not fair had 88% plus 2.1, wasn't given anything...
Sorry for that man.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 11:45am On Jan 17, 2019
GogetterMD:
Lagos State University College of Medicine
Mind giving details? Thanks.
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 11:56am On Jan 17, 2019
AbuadStudent:
Hi. Final year student,Mbbs, Afe. Afe babalola university is awesome for medicine. You do your preclinicals at Abuad and clinicals at a federal hospital. Minimal distractions, lecturers actually teach, and you understand well. No surprise that we have been winning intermedical school competitions back to back. Downside. Expensive.
Congratulations.
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
Michdear:
Ondo State university of medical science *unimed* Ondo city
Are you a student there?
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by IDRWFB(m): 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2019
zagorakis:
Usmanu danfodio university sokoto
I think it's too far.
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by Nltaliban(m): 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2019
IDRWFB:
3 million for Afe is just too much, although it's not ruled out yet (I may get scholarship).
Out of those public universities you suggested, which would you suggest is the ''best'' in terms of transparency.

University of Ibadan any day
Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by Plucx: 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2019
My brother, just know that uniport post utme is a death trap...One can barely score up to 200 except by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by Virtutis: 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hi Op,
UI is one I can vouch for anywhere. If you pass the post UTME cutoff mark, be rest assured that your name will come out in the merit list. That, I'm sure of.
By the way, to get admitted to study medicine and surgery in any school, get a very high score in your JAMB and UTME. No matter how unfair the school can be, they will still admit some base on their high score. Therefore study hard and smart and you'd surely get that your desired course

1 Like

Re: The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2019
Edo University Iyamho will give you that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Ant" Trends Among Nigerians On Social Media And It's Hilarious / Unic Vilos Teacher Flogs 2-Year-Old Pupil Who Could Not Recite English Alphabet / Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.