Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Nnewi Under Attack From Robbers (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nnewi Under Attack From Robbers (photos) (897 Views)

Oko Polytechnic Student's Room Burgled By Robbers (Photos) / Lady Robbed In A Bus In Onitsha. Slapped By Armed Robbers. Photos / Police Arrests Offa Bank Robbers! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnewi Under Attack From Robbers (photos) by kenechukwufrank: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2019
NNEWI UNDER ATTACK FROM ROBBERS

In the last four months, traders and business people along the Ibeto Avenue and Ambassador street, in Nnewi have constantly been terrorized by men of the underworld.

The shops at the Ambassador and Ibeto roads were seen to be under lock and key today, due to the robbery incidents that took place yesterday.

Anaedoonline.com gathered that two men reportedly came about 12 pm yesterday to demand money but the store owners had not sold anything. The two men reportedly said they will come back. By 4:00 pm the same day, the robbers reportedly returned with two extra guys making them four.

They demanded cash again, they were given money but the gang went further to collect mobile phones from the traders around there and took some stocks like shoes and clothes. On their way out they were accosted by the men of the Anambra Vigilante Group (AVG) in the area, two of them got away while the other two were caught.

Some of the traders were seen hanging around the locked shops in groups and the presence of heavy security personnel (police) was seen around the vicinity. The traders who are still living in fear said they will only speak to us anonymously and pled that no pictures of them should be taken.

According to one of the victims, he said “when they come to your shop they use slangs like show me love or drop something. I gave them N1000 they refused, I gave them N1500, they refused, they brought out a gun, and started packing shoes into their bag and clothes. I don’t know whether they sell or wear it. They also took the phones I was charging there”.

The traders lamented that the robbers come to their shops daily, and in broad daylight. The traders complained of losses reaching millions when put together.

Another anonymous source said he was shot on his leg during one of the attacks last year.

“About eight hundred thousand was taken from me in December when they came to rob”, another victim said.

Anaedoonline.com asked why none of the traders reported to any security agencies, the traders said when it started it was minimal but as it continued, everyone became too scared to report to anyone.

An elderly woman who spoke said, “We were scared, no could report to the Police, we were scared they will kill us. They have shot some of our co-traders, and some of our customers have been robbed of their money an
READ MORE: https://www.anaedoonline.com/2019/01/16/nnewi-under-attack-from-robbers/

Re: Nnewi Under Attack From Robbers (photos) by nwagbofrank: 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
humm I have been hearing about this but I don't know it is actually true
Re: Nnewi Under Attack From Robbers (photos) by midascnn(m): 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
I also heard of this from a friend. He was robbed at same spot last weekend.
Re: Nnewi Under Attack From Robbers (photos) by obinnaokeke225: 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2019
this have been happening since last year i was a victim of it on November last year, the boy doing this are the same guys the killed swiss park hotel Manager
Re: Nnewi Under Attack From Robbers (photos) by obinnaokeke225: 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2019
people doing business there are scared

Re: Nnewi Under Attack From Robbers (photos) by nwagbofrank: 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2019
nawa oo, so people can no longer do their business in peace, or go about their daily activities, the government should do something about this oo
Re: Nnewi Under Attack From Robbers (photos) by emerieebube: 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2019
ewooo, is this true? what is happening in my home town

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING : Pipeline Explosion At Ijegun (fire Junction) Igando-ikotun Local Coun / Lady Identifies Man Who Robbed, Raped Her And Took Away Her Pant In Ogun / Man Goes On His Knees After Accused Of Stealing Chocolate At Shoprite(video) .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.