Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers (2597 Views)

Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! / Update On ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (pics) / Outcome Of Today's ASUU Meeting With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers by Dapromzy333(m): 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2019
- There was crisis in Ekiti as aggrieved members of ASUU disrupted the meeting hosted by the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti - Crisis broke out when aggrieved members demanded that the local chapter chairman step aside before commencing the proceeding

- The meeting was aborted when aggrieved members stormed the venue and chased away those who wanted to hold the meeting Aggrieved members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) disrupted the meeting hosted by the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, chasing zonal officers in different directions, Daily Independent reports. Legit.ng gathered that crisis broke out when aggrieved members demanded that the local chapter chairman, Dr Adeniyi Omonijo, step aside before the commencement of the meeting. However the zonal chairman, Akure Zone, Prof Olu Olu, was not willing to yield to the demand. The meeting which was billed for 1pm was aborted when irate members stormed the venue and chased away those who wanted to hold the meeting.

A leader of the union and Dean of Faculty of Arts of the university, Dr. Opoola Bolanle Tajudeen,reacting to the development, said: “There was to be a congress but there was no congress because our members felt strongly that Prof Olu Olu, who has been part of our problem in this chapter should not now come to foist any congress on us and they insisted that he cannot hold any congress when the chairman of our chapter that he is imposing on us has committed impeachment offences. “There has been a resolution on ground that the chairman has committed impeachable offences and should go. “Our people really felt bad and demonstrated their grievances. They spoke their mind. However there was no casualty. “The demands of our members who insist they are still part of ASUU is that current chairman of our branch Omonijo should step down because he has committed impeachable offences. “Our people cannot allow a system where some people from outside would cone and lord over us. We have our own internal problem and we should be allowed to solve it internally. Our people want ASUU to move on but we don’t want Omonijo again."

In a previous report by , there seems to be no end in sight to the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) as the lecturers have rejected the offers made to them early this week by the federal government.

The minister of labour and employment, Chris Ngige, had earlier stated on Tuesday, January 8, at a meeting with the leadership of ASUU that the labour dispute with the university teachers was on the verge of being resolved. He listed the fresh concessions made by the federal government to ASUU.

http://.com.ng/2019/01/16/aggrieved-ASUU-members-disrupt-meeting-chase-away-officials/

Re: ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers by ogb12(m): 6:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
hmm
Re: ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers by Ytea(f): 7:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
ahah
Re: ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers by youngbravian(m): 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2019
Re: ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers by Fidelismaria: 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2019
Nonsense

Sensational headline

See as I rush here thinking na the main ASUU make I curse their fathers

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers by nedubest(m): 1:26am On Jan 17, 2019
I weep for this country
Re: ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 17, 2019
nedubest:
I weep for this country
You just dey weep everyday. Better go find work, depression is real.
Re: ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers by projectreserve2: 10:04am On Jan 17, 2019
Download Free Research Project Topics & Materials Online.
Click on the link in my Signature to visit website Now!
Re: ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers by Cholls(m): 12:18pm On Jan 17, 2019
my brother forget university degree is just a worthless piece of paper that oozes of entitlement and false hopes.
Re: ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers by techking: 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hahahaha
Re: ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers by nedubest(m): 1:36am On Jan 25, 2019
writerights:

You just dey weep everyday. Better go find work, depression is real.

comE give me work abeg, check my signature

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Adjusts Closing, Resumption Dates For Public Primary Schools / How To Get Futo Transcript / Is 3.7 The Same As A 3.70 When It Comes To Math?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.