Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,504 members, 7,808,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing (16229 Views)

How Did You Prevent Your Parents' Toxic Marriage From Affecting Yours? / 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing by chris31(m): 1:12am On Jan 17, 2019
Shibaraba:
Get a side chick
No matter what wife does at home e no go pain you.
No sex? No worries.... Drive to side chick
Side chick no dey nag
Them loyal
Them Sabi nack well
They are good listeners.
Me no send again o. My wife know her sef. The day wey she carry phone wish her happy New Year long time come pass phone give me na that dey I fear.
In all our home is happy. I care for them, they leave me with my sidechicks
Marriage saved.
Clap for urself
Re: How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing by Nobody: 1:19am On Jan 17, 2019
make i come go back and finish my seminary sch jooor cheesy
Re: How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing by NovusHomo(m): 1:33am On Jan 17, 2019
gisthabit:

Getting married is one big deal. But keeping your marriage can also be a bigger deal. And for some people a very difficult task to achieve.
Nowadays, the rate at which marriages crash on a daily basis is not just alarming but also disturbing and I can assure you that it discourages some of the singles that are yet to tie the knot into doing so.

In this article, I want to take us through simple tips that can help you preserve your marriage from avoidable crash and breakups.

Top 5 Simple Tips to Prevent Your Marriage from Crashing

#1. Learn to compromise

A lot of couples have issues every now and then because none of them is willing to compromise for the other. You cannot continue to have your way all the time.

Back then as a child, I use to know a man that believes that his decision is always final simply because he is the man and the head of the family. He stands on his decision even when it is evident that his opinion isn’t the best.

There should be some room to accommodate the other person's opinion or suggestion at least for the simple reason that both parties are going to bear the consequences of one person's decision either good or bad.

#2. Don’t be a liability to your spouse

Get a job or start a business of your own if possible. Considering the economic situation of the country nowadays you will agree with me that you really need a job to help support your spouse and prevent yourself from becoming a liability to your partner.

Your partner may love you for the time being even with your joblessness but as time goes he will begin to get fed up of you most especially if you are always demanding for money from him or her.

#3. Learn to manage information

If you must have peace and harmony in your home then you must learn the art of information management. Don’t be quick to dole out details on family matters to third parties all in the name of relatives, friends and family.

I was walking behind two women some few days back and I overheard one of the women telling the other about her husband and how he treats her.

While it is good to talk about your spouse to your friends, you also have to be careful with the manner and the kind of friends you are giving such information to. This is to avoid putting your partner's reputation and pride at stake.

One great risk that comes with discussing family plans and secrets with a third party is that you may end up being ill-advised by the third party who might not be happy with the information you have passed.

To be on a safe side please keep your good and bad news to yourself.

#4. Have quality sex

My dear, do not do the mistake of taking your “holiness” into the bedroom.

Research has shown that most couples that do pick up a fight every now and then have been having a very poor sex life. Are you aware that a serious rift or quarrel between couples can be settled after a good sex session even without any formal reconciliation meeting?

Marriage is not a bed of roses that was why sex was made to spice it up. Sex has a way of connecting the two parties both emotionally and spiritually.

My advice to you today is that you change your attitude towards sex and see how your marriage life will change for good.

#5. Respect each other

Respect for each other should never be taken lightly. A woman can be the best cook in the world but the moment she lacks respect for her husband then there is going to be a big problem.

The same goes for the man, you might be up and doing by providing for the family needs but if you don’t respect your wife then you are in for a big mess.

A lot of things depends on the level of respect you have for your spouse. When you have respect for your partner things like being faithful, not raising your hand against your wife (even wives beat their husbands nowadays) and staying away from other negative marriage vices becomes natural for you to practice.

It is said that respect is reciprocal, but I want to add that respect is intentional and requires a conscious effort.

Source:https://gisthabit.com/top-5-simple-tips-to-prevent-your-marriage-from-crashing/

Don't ever let your mother-in-law live in your home.
Re: How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing by nuelyoyo(m): 5:37am On Jan 17, 2019
Shibaraba:
Get a side chick
No matter what wife does at home e no go pain you.
No sex? No worries.... Drive to side chick
Side chick no dey nag
Them loyal
Them Sabi nack well
They are good listeners.
Me no send again o. My wife know her sef. The day wey she carry phone wish her happy New Year long time come pass phone give me na that dey I fear.
In all our home is happy. I care for them, they leave me with my sidechicks
Marriage saved.
did you mean she wished her EX happy new year?
Re: How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing by Psoul(m): 9:40am On Jan 17, 2019
Marriage is like marketing a homogeneous product in a highly competitive market. For you to maintain your customers and make sure they patronize you always, you should make sure you don't give them any chance to taste the other product else, they may find a little difference in the other product and they may cease to be loyal customers. So, you have to make sure that your product is always available to dem. If possible, always bring it to their shop so dat they don't have the chance to go looking for it which will make them see anoda product similar to urs. Always attend to them as if they are the only customers in the whole earth.

In essence, when in marriage, never let ur partner's joy come from outside. Be your partner's best friend so dat even when he/she is outside the house, his/her heart will still be tied to ur home. He/she will always feel like going back home cos that is where his/her happiness dwell.

If you push ur partner so hard that his/her source of happiness is from outside, my dear, sorry, that home is as good as broken home.

During wedding, a man is called the GROOM or BRIDEGROOM while the woman is called the BRIDE.
All men should learn how to groom their wives. As a groom, you must have the ability to train. Make the woman to learn how you want her to live and also know how to make her unlearn some certain things she had already learned which you think will be unhealthy for the progress of the union. A groomer is expected to be patient, intelligent, live by example courageous and dependent.

A bride is supposed to be flexible in the hands of the groom. This will facilitate faster molding to a desire shape. A soft clay makes pot molding easier. It's only when a clay is very stiff and hard that the potter tends to pound and pound to soften it. A stiff bride may not escape the potter-like pounding of the groom.

So to achieve a successful home both the man and the woman should come together as one with mutual love and understanding.

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing by Mryacks: 11:08am On Jan 17, 2019
gisthabit:

Getting married is one big deal. But keeping your marriage can also be a bigger deal. And for some people a very difficult task to achieve.
Nowadays, the rate at which marriages crash on a daily basis is not just alarming but also disturbing and I can assure you that it discourages some of the singles that are yet to tie the knot into doing so.

In this article, I want to take us through simple tips that can help you preserve your marriage from avoidable crash and breakups.

Top 5 Simple Tips to Prevent Your Marriage from Crashing

#1. Learn to compromise

A lot of couples have issues every now and then because none of them is willing to compromise for the other. You cannot continue to have your way all the time.

Back then as a child, I use to know a man that believes that his decision is always final simply because he is the man and the head of the family. He stands on his decision even when it is evident that his opinion isn’t the best.

There should be some room to accommodate the other person's opinion or suggestion at least for the simple reason that both parties are going to bear the consequences of one person's decision either good or bad.

#2. Don’t be a liability to your spouse

Get a job or start a business of your own if possible. Considering the economic situation of the country nowadays you will agree with me that you really need a job to help support your spouse and prevent yourself from becoming a liability to your partner.

Your partner may love you for the time being even with your joblessness but as time goes he will begin to get fed up of you most especially if you are always demanding for money from him or her.

#3. Learn to manage information

If you must have peace and harmony in your home then you must learn the art of information management. Don’t be quick to dole out details on family matters to third parties all in the name of relatives, friends and family.

I was walking behind two women some few days back and I overheard one of the women telling the other about her husband and how he treats her.

While it is good to talk about your spouse to your friends, you also have to be careful with the manner and the kind of friends you are giving such information to. This is to avoid putting your partner's reputation and pride at stake.

One great risk that comes with discussing family plans and secrets with a third party is that you may end up being ill-advised by the third party who might not be happy with the information you have passed.

To be on a safe side please keep your good and bad news to yourself.

#4. Have quality sex

My dear, do not do the mistake of taking your “holiness” into the bedroom.

Research has shown that most couples that do pick up a fight every now and then have been having a very poor sex life. Are you aware that a serious rift or quarrel between couples can be settled after a good sex session even without any formal reconciliation meeting?

Marriage is not a bed of roses that was why sex was made to spice it up. Sex has a way of connecting the two parties both emotionally and spiritually.

My advice to you today is that you change your attitude towards sex and see how your marriage life will change for good.

#5. Respect each other

Respect for each other should never be taken lightly. A woman can be the best cook in the world but the moment she lacks respect for her husband then there is going to be a big problem.

The same goes for the man, you might be up and doing by providing for the family needs but if you don’t respect your wife then you are in for a big mess.

A lot of things depends on the level of respect you have for your spouse. When you have respect for your partner things like being faithful, not raising your hand against your wife (even wives beat their husbands nowadays) and staying away from other negative marriage vices becomes natural for you to practice.

It is said that respect is reciprocal, but I want to add that respect is intentional and requires a conscious effort.

Source:https://gisthabit.com/top-5-simple-tips-to-prevent-your-marriage-from-crashing/

Some solid points made...thanks
Re: How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2019
Thanks for this... Surely it's helpful...

Do You Desire A Very Good Property (Landed property or to buy a house.apartment) for acquisition or as a form of Investment That Guarantee High Return... Check our signature below on how to get on PROMO affordable titled lands & properties in good location with Rest of mind. There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment. Don't miss the current promos Visit our Ikeja Office (Off Medical Road) or OUR ISLAND OFFICE ON LEKKI-EPE EXPRESSWAY (AWOYAYA).

Call/WhatsApp +234(0)8027390046. Check our signature here below And Click the WhatsApp link to reach out to us. Or if you want to know how you can be a part of the business part of Real Estate/Property Business... Join this link together erasing every space and click to chat us ht tp s: / / bit. ly/2ASCSgC
[img]https://media1./images/c5cbd05c55a91d19769f57df261f326e/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing by Ifeanyimike123: 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
And keep your family away
Re: How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing by LoveEditor: 2:25am On Apr 30, 2020
PRACTICAL STEPS TO EFFECTIVELY START AND GROW A BUSINESS, PLUS THE 5 TESTED AND PROVEN STRATEGIES ON HOW TO RAISE CAPITAL FOR A BUSINESS(NIGERIA).

Starting a lucrative business is one way to be able to live a financially free life, However, being able to know the type of lucrative business to start, effectively able to grow the business and raising the capital to finance the business are some major challenges most entrepreneurs and SME's are faced with.

Are you an entrepreneur, SME's or you are planning to start a new business, Participate in this FREE TRAINING AIMED AT HELPING Entrepreneurs,Small business owners, SME's Know

- HOW TO COME UP WITH A LUCRATIVE BUSINESS IDEA(S)
- 8 PRACTICAL STEPS TO SUCCESSFULLY START AND GROW A NEW BUSINESS
- 5 TESTED AND PROVEN CHANNELS ON "HOW TO RAISE CAPITAL FOR A BUSINESS

Join the WhatsApp group, To participate CLICK THE LINK BELOW...

https://shortreporter299711600./2020/04/29/practical-steps-to-effectively-start-and-grow-a-business-plus-the-5-tested-and-proven-strategies-on-how-to-raise-capital-for-a-businessnigeria/

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! / World's Oldest Dad Has Another Baby At 96

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.