Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,479 members, 7,801,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? (8994 Views)

Men And Their Double Standards. / Why Do Guys Settle For Girls Below Their Standards / The Population Of Single Ladies Are Becoming Too High, how Can We Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 11:58am On Aug 13, 2010
OK, if a black woman wants a black man with a job, is she setting her standards too high? What if she wants a black man who

respects women? Is that standard too high? What are your opinions?

Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2010
Ok. its very important to set a realistic standard for yourself. it seems that when standards are set self realization takes a back seat. What is my realization and my place in life? I will give it to you from a single black male with no kids point of view. All the women in my age bracket 25-32 most likely have children. I love kids and I have no problem dating a female with children, but I have a problem trying to work around the emotional damage from previouse relationships. What im trying to say is that alot of females seem to set such high standards on us brothers because they are still holding on to the emotional baggage from a previouse relationship.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2010
Rumour has it that Oprah Winfrey could not find a man, which was why she had to settle for a puppet (Ron Stedman)
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 1105(f): 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2010
Only you go start topic
answer all the questions
close the thread
delete am,
shie be u can see how everyone avoids u cos of ur nature
why must u always remain a dick,
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2010
190 is angry coz MOD keeps deletin his thread grin grin grin grin grin

190's brain needs to be deleted
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2010
standards too HIGH?!? Is this the same black woman who is raising her children alone because the father decided it wasn't his responsibility? Or is it the black woman who is raising her children alone because the father is in jail? Maybe its the black woman who is in jail herself because she was trying to be "ride or die" for her "man". Perhaps its the same black woman who, no matter how she is disrespected and rejected by her own kind, WILL NOT date outside her race even when her counterparts not only will but sometimes prefer to. No, you can't be talking about her!! You MUST be talking about the black woman who decided to do something different/better than what was expected of her because of where she came from. And because she worked hard for her education and career, she expects to be lead into eternity by a man (no quotation marks) who respects himself enough to do the same
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 5p1naz(m): 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2010
im clueless as to what answer to give. . . but i just want you to know i [size=14pt]HATE[/size] oraph or wateva her name is. . . winfrey ko ropha ni. . . mschew. . .
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2010
Lots of Nigerian women are like Oprah, for some reason they always end up scaring off guys and then remain single,

And then become born again. From Gold digger to anything goes to born again (no offence)
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2010
Mr Cork:

OK, if a black woman wants a black man with a job, is she setting her standards too high?

Every woman, well (at least me) want a responsible guy with ambition.
Not some lazy asszz.

Mr Cork:

What if she wants a black man who

respects women? Is that standard too high? What are your opinions?

In every relationship, there should be mutual respect. What the hell have standard got to do with that

1 Like

Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2010
** I hope he remembers my number**

Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Ben13: 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2010
I thought I've seen it all on NL. cheesy
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 1105(f): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2010
Mr Cork:

190 is angry coz MOD keeps deletin his thread grin grin grin grin grin

190's brain needs to be deleted
@ Cork

Don't get insulted, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance?
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MOBO444(f): 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, i see women issue again.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by deniyor: 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2010
LMAO Mr Cork opens a thread, answers all his questions and keeps replying to his post. I think you should stick to looking for a woman who can cook, clean and with a big yansh.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by madlady(f): 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2010
Who would not want the best for themselves. shocked
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by kcblast(m): 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2010
@ poster,
ur name still sucks 2 me undecided
uwchh embarassed embarassed
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 10:55am On Aug 18, 2010
Alisha Key is another great example, She eventually had to settle for a crack head
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2010
The sad thing about Nigerian women is that their standards are set by their parents:

Light skiin daughter >>>> Standard >>>> Brand new 504 or Volvo

Dark Skin Daughter >>>> Standard >>>>> 3 bags of Rice, 1 cow, 12 yams, Dowry and 2 new shoes for the Father
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 11:01am On Aug 18, 2010
Another sad example, OMOTOLA's parents gave her away for 3 bags or rice and a return ticket to London!!

BUT WHY DO NIGERIAN PAPRENTS SET THEIR STANDARDS SO HIGH??
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Tinksh(f): 11:03am On Aug 18, 2010
Heheheh!!! You are right on the emotional baggage from previous relationships, but it can work both ways.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 11:11am On Aug 18, 2010
Another example in the picture below, OMOLOLA,s parents demanded for a desinger chair for her wedding.

190's parents had to come up with a great idea.

The made a designer chair out of Fish net, That was just becoz they felt her standard waz jus too high

1 Like

Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Tinksh(f): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2010
Whoever she is, she doesnt look very happy!!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 11:24am On Aug 18, 2010
Actually , OMOLALA didnt look happy coz 190 refused to pay Dowry,

He wanted to used the money to buy a MotorCycle
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 11:31am On Aug 18, 2010
well, he,s not my type,

Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 1105(f): 11:47am On Aug 18, 2010
some people have lost it~
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by InkedNerd(f): 11:52am On Aug 18, 2010
LMAO, I'm looking at this thread for the first time and the images are crackin' me up.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2010
Inked_Nerd ' s standaard is not high, I like her. She married to a Midget
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 1105(f): 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2010
cry cry cry
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by kolitos007: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2010
OMG LOL, Mr Cork is a nerd, sounds like someone that does not get out much, and I can bet you, he really likes white girls, seems like the kind of guy that would choose a ugly white girl over a pretty black girl, just because she is white smiley
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 9:54am On Aug 19, 2010
Brother u r right, Its white babes all the way. Yes i date white beauties!!

At least, they always have real hair and they dont bleach their skin!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Tinksh(f): 9:58am On Aug 19, 2010
kolitos007:

OMG LOL, Mr Cork is a nerd, sounds like someone that does not get out much, and I can bet you, he really likes white girls, seems like the kind of guy that would choose a ugly white girl over a pretty black girl, just because she is white smiley

Wow!!! Settle down on the white girls!! What did they ever do to you?
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 10:05am On Aug 19, 2010
I have always prefered white babes, SA Godddess is a pretty white babe. tongue

They have real hair & they dont make your blood pressure high

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reasons Black Guys Prefer White Girls!!!!! / Can A Guy Actually Date A Nigerian Girl And Find Solace In Her??? / I Wooed Her For 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.