Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? (8995 Views)

Men And Their Double Standards. / Why Do Guys Settle For Girls Below Their Standards / The Population Of Single Ladies Are Becoming Too High, how Can We Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork26: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2010
aiight, on me way. Hope she preety grin
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by ebonyvibe(f): 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2010
I am not waiting i willbe there at 5:15 precisely if you are there i say hello if not you can get lost.

Anyway bye now. and there is no macy dees in front if cannon street station there might be one on the street but not in front of the station.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork26: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2010
just wait, madam! be nice. on me way wink
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by sleekch1c(f): 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2010
Mr~Cork:

sleekch1c<<<<  see this village girl, have u ever been in a aeroplane before.?  dont lie? i dont tink sooooo, !!
osuofia in london tongue
village champion like u, i hope u re working really hard at ur cleaning job
at least to make ur poor community who had to pool all their hard-earned money to send u to london proud
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2010
@sleekch1c
send me a mail
my email is in my profile!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Sagamite(m): 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2010
sleekch1c:

screw u sir,am not searching and i aint dat young(just turned 22) grin
i wld get wat i want and more, thanx 4 the bullcrap post anyway angry angry angry

For your sake, I will pray I don't see you in 10 years time, in a trance, in the midst of other ladies of your then age group that the pastor has called to come forward at a salvation all-night power vigil, with one hand up in the air and your eyes closed praying to God that "This is the year you will meet the husband the Lord has promised you and is yours".

And the next goofy teeth, 5" 1, trouser up his chest bloke that smiles at you as you leave church, you jump at and say "God is listening" and then try and explore if he would like to marry you.  tongue
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2010
Sagamite:

For your sake, I will pray I don't see you in 10 years time, in a trance, in the midst of other ladies of your then age group that the pastor has called to come forward at a salvation all-night power vigil, with one hand up in the air and your eyes closed praying to God that "This is the year you will meet the husband the Lord has promised you and is yours".

And the next goofy teeth, trouser up his chest bloke that smiles at you as you leave church, you jump at and explore if he would like to marry you. tongue

ROTFLMFAO!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by denzel2009: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2010
I'm impressed. Who says cork can't get a date? Cork mate, turn your swag on and get the digits. Doesn't take more than 2 minutes anyway.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 2:18am On Nov 20, 2010
MR.CORK! you blasted naughty person! You INSIST ON CHEATING ON ME?!
Do you realize I am a JAMO CHICK? I am crazy! lol.
*puts on camouflage follows him to key his car*
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by mojounited(m): 2:49am On Nov 20, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

MR.CORK! you blasted naughty person! You INSIST ON CHEATING ON ME?!
Do you realize I am a JAMO CHICK? I am crazy! lol.
*puts on camouflage follows him to key his car*

Hey DarkSkin Goddess, chill lady, Mr. Cork went on a serious date that took all of us ample time to arrange . . .you are not to harm cork-man until such time we receive the feedback/outcome of the date.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 20, 2010
^^ok. *puts key in pocket and waits*

@ShyOne mind your damn business, I was just bleeping with her.

*deleted*
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by mojounited(m): 3:23am On Nov 20, 2010
^^hehe, u're really bent on making the young lad's life miserable, i think i may have to arrange for a court injunction that'll restrain you from getting 500m close to Cork. But how come Papa Cork would be cheating on you when your C. king is back Just curious
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 3:26am On Nov 20, 2010
^^No. I only wish to show Mr. Cork the love he craves [size=5pt]plus get a free trip to the U.K. LMFAO![/size] Besides my C King understands wink
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by ShyOne(f): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

^^ok. *puts key in pocket and waits*

@ShyOne mind your damn business, I was just bleeping with her.

*deleted*

cry
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by mojounited(m): 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

^^No. I only wish to show Mr. Cork the love he craves [size=5pt]plus get a free trip to the U.K. LMFAO![/size] Besides my C King understands  wink
^^Lucky Cork then, if by chance you get to the NE, don't fail to say hi to moi tongue
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Ladyrsky46: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2010
I bet you live in a grotty flatshare in peckham or thamesmead looking for the next scam that will bring money to your pocket as am sure there is no paper to work which is why you go for oyinbos

Had to lmao at that. Thamesmead isn't that bad bad. LOL. It stinks in Summer, but they've got some nice-ish areas.[size=4pt]not that I#ll live there though[/size]
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2010
@ Mojounited . Seriously what is it like in the U.K.? I live in the States, nothing but country bumpkins/red necks and wannabe models/ rappers  grin
I was hoping Mr.Cork could show me but he is booed up  cry He doesn't like Jamo babes  embarassed plus I am not light skinned or gots nyash what ever that is (no oofiense) *wails*.

Anyway how is it? I bet it is cold right about now.

@ShyOne, no need to feel any way, it is just ital internet rivalry. I was bored.  wink I won't do it again and I will be nicer to what's her name.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by excoba101: 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2010
@ Mojounited . Seriously what is it like in the U.K.? I live in the States, nothing but country bumpkins/red necks and wannabe models/ rappers Grin
I was hoping Mr.Cork could show me but he is booed up Cry He doesn't like Jamo babes Embarrassed plus I am not light skinned or gots nyash what ever that is (no oofiense) *wails*.

@ShyOne, no need to feel any way, it is just ital internet rivalry. I was bored. Wink I won't do it again and I will be nicer to what's her name.

Sharap dia grin
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by mojounited(m): 12:12am On Nov 21, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

@ Mojounited . Seriously what is it like in the U.K.? I live in the States, nothing but country bumpkins/red necks and wannabe models/ rappers  grin
I was hoping Mr.Cork could show me but he is booed up  cry He doesn't like Jamo babes  embarassed plus I am not light skinned or gots nyash what ever that is (no oofiense) *wails*.

@ShyOne, no need to feel any way, it is just ital internet rivalry. I was bored.  wink I won't do it again and I will be nicer to what's her name.

^^Seriously, I may not be in the right position to give you all the details for now as I am just two months old in the NE; I'm yet to really explore NE1 and other cities like Manchester, London, Edinburgh, and maybe Sunderland, Notts, et al. So far so good, there've been great events to help socialize with the locals and other peeps from different international communities, nice pubs/bars, cafe's, shops/mall and cinemas located at the city center. .and all that. However, for me, the weather is an awful godforsaken one and guess what, it's not snowing yet (i've been told it's not even cold yet and i'm like wtf ). It might be an entirely different scenario for you though. Nyways, I stopped whining like Arsene Wenger about the weather ever since I chatted with a friend who's in Madison WI and found out how cold it is there (-3oC, real feel -8oC).

PS - Got excited about the place, came in and it was a lil' bit difficult to settle in; didn't really seem to enjoy it then, now i'm still struggling to like the place but i know with time i'll be able to adjust, settle in well and light it up! I call it 'my adventurous journey to the centre of the earth'. Since Mr. Cork is unwilling. . ., then I'll show you around DarkSkin goddess, you don't need to bother about nyash or light skin (truss me cheesy), but you'll need a winter jacket (no offiensee') wink
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 21, 2010
excoba101:

Sharap dia grin

Quit cyber stalking me.

mojounited:

^^Seriously, I may not be in the right position to give you all the details for now as I am just two months old in the NE; I'm yet to really explore NE1 and other cities like Manchester, London, Edinburgh, and maybe Sunderland, Notts, et al. So far so good, there've been great events to help socialize with the locals and other peeps from different international communities, nice pubs/bars, cafe's, shops/mall and cinemas located at the city center. .and all that. However, for me, the weather is an awful godforsaken one and guess what, it's not snowing yet (i've been told it's not even cold yet and i'm like wtf ). It might be an entirely different scenario for you though. Nyways, I stopped whining like Arsene Wenger about the weather ever since I chatted with a friend who's in Madison WI and found out how cold it is there (-3oC, real feel -8oC).

PS - Got excited about the place, came in and it was a lil' bit difficult to settle in; didn't really seem to enjoy it then, now i'm still struggling to like the place but i know with time i'll be able to adjust, settle in well and light it up! I call it 'my adventurous journey to the centre of the earth'. Since Mr. Cork is unwilling. . ., then I'll show you around DarkSkin goddess, you don't need to bother about nyash or light skin (truss me cheesy), but you'll need a winter jacket (no offiensee') wink

kiss Awe gee thanks! I appreciate it. It sounds interesting there. I have relatives in England but I never had a desire to go there until I came on this site and heard about life there, it wouldn't hurt to visit. I just cannot take cold weather lol.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 4:30am On Nov 21, 2010
britney123:

lmao grin grin grin

when you refused dating me what do you want me 2 do,

@MzDarkSkin
where are you
I have a dream that you are my future babe and we have a bright future together
What can i do 2 get 2 know u better
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 4:46am On Nov 21, 2010
^you already know you are my boo.  Come here kiss *muah* [size=5pt]Omolola is soo going to drag my a$s lol.[/size]
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by ShyOne(f): 5:20am On Nov 21, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

smiley cheesy
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by yuzedo: 9:35am On Nov 22, 2010
abeg o, how d 2min date btw cork and that investment banker married woman living in the "cirry" chic bin go?? mrs i.b, were ur dazzled and enraptured by corky's unrivalled handsomness? wink cheesy grin bet she eventually stayed more than 2mins tongue tongue
, but serzly, i bet cork is some suave, highly educated dude, nobody can pull off this nairaland scam without the smarts, no ooffeeince, and no homo wink smiley
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by ebonyvibe(f): 10:48am On Nov 22, 2010
^^^ my dear loki boy didnt know your life was soo boring that all you needed was updates on nairaland like someone is is long awaiting the next episode of a soap opera.

Anyway to satisfy your curiosity hence you dont go mad here is what happened.

As I was approaching the station I saw this black guy lurking around the shop and looking at the displays in the window, he went into the shop and eventually came out as he realised i was never going to walk up to him and say anything.

Didnt see the point dont like his views anyway so why give him the chance to say more rubbish. I was never going to meet up with him dont like is views and am happily married thank you. I think he saw he go into the station and maybe not.

He was wearing a black jacket with a blue scarf and a white t-shirt.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by holydante(m): 10:50am On Nov 22, 2010
Mr~Cork:

just wait, madam!  be nice. on me way wink

omg, this thread must not die, cocky cork, this was supposed to be a 2 min ish, what da, is goin on, pls revert with feedback asap about your business date with mrs IB  or have you been sworn to secrecy?? wink

Sagamite:

For your sake, I will pray I don't see you in 10 years time, in a trance, in the midst of other ladies of your then age group that the pastor has called to come forward at a salvation all-night power vigil, with one hand up in the air and your eyes closed praying to God that "This is the year you will meet the husband the Lord has promised you and is yours".

And the next goofy teeth, 5" 1, trouser up his chest bloke that smiles at you as you leave church, you jump at and say "God is listening" and then try and explore if he would like to marry you.  tongue

LOL, my sentiments exactly, she seems like the type that still reads M&B, dark knight in shinning armour, its good to dream you know  grin grin
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by holydante(m): 11:09am On Nov 22, 2010
ebonyvibe:

^^^ my dear loki boy didnt know your life was soo boring that all you needed was updates on nairaland like someone is is long awaiting the next episode of a soap opera.

Anyway to satisfy your curiosity hence you dont go mad here is what happened.

As I was approaching the station I saw this black guy lurking around the shop and looking at the displays in the window, he went into the shop and eventually came out as he realised i was never going to walk up to him and say anything.

Didnt see the point dont like his views anyway so why give him the chance to say more rubbish. I was never going to meet up with him dont like is views and am happily married thank you. I think he saw he go into the station and maybe not.

He was wearing a black jacket with a blue scarf and a white t-shirt.

funny comment by ebonyvibe, whaddyamean by boring?? FYI NL is not a place for bored minds, so you are on NL for academic purpose abi?

Madam-happily-married-investment-banker, So you left for your cherished place of work to give a stranger a 2 mins opportunity of telling him he is a cork to his face(which everyone on NL knows for sure that he is) and finally didnt get to meet him again due to the yada yad yada you yarned here, men, this is disgustingly childish. Me thinks i really know who is the bored party in this case, meanwhile cork, she says you are as dark as the mid night and you are here talking trash about being white, you all need to be banned for 3 days (no ofeince) grin
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by ebonyvibe(f): 11:23am On Nov 22, 2010
@Holydante why the all these negativity you must be really sad.

Correction number one: I didnt leave work for usless errands i had already finsihed work and I go home via that station anyway.

Correction number two. My mind isnt bored hence the reason why i didnt meet him to engage in unless chit chat. I just dont understand why peoples life must hang on threads on NL eagerly waiting the next thread update.

Correction number three: i didnt say he was dark i said he was a black man as i am a black woman.

You are just sad that i stood him up as I am sure millions of girls have done to you in the past. cry cry grin grin cheesy
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by SALady(f): 11:47am On Nov 22, 2010
hhhmmmmm!!!!!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Boxer007(m): 11:50am On Nov 22, 2010
ebonyvibe probably met up & ended makin luv with Mr Cork! grin grin. Mr C0rk must be over joy grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pretty Boys Always Have Small Dicks / Girl Causes Commotion With Loud Moans In Boys Hostel / The Reason Why You Have A Small Penis…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.