Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? (8997 Views)

Men And Their Double Standards. / Why Do Guys Settle For Girls Below Their Standards / The Population Of Single Ladies Are Becoming Too High, how Can We Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by AnnMarie1(f): 11:52am On Nov 22, 2010
No way. ebonyvibe has standards. grin
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by holydante(m): 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2010
ebonyvibe:

@Holydante why the all these negativity you must be really sad.

Correction number one: I didnt leave work for usless errands i had already finsihed work and I go home via that station anyway.

Correction number two. My mind isnt bored hence the reason why i didnt meet him to engage in unless chit chat. I just dont understand why peoples life must hang on threads on NL eagerly waiting the next thread update.

Correction number three: i didnt say he was dark i said he was a black man as i am a black woman.

You are just sad that i stood him up as I am sure millions of girls have done to you in the past. cry cry grin grin cheesy

Ebony Vibe, i aint no sad fellar ooo, am cool, really I am, lol

Correction 1:Ok, how i for know nah, I dont live in Uk,

Correction 2: its not as if lives hang on NL, but the updates drop in and so naturally folks must respond, pele

-------dark-skinned, black-skinned, all connotes same thing jare

Why wld i be sad if you stood cork up, wetin concern me nah, i don turn to sadist cheesy cheesy, millions of womens stood me up? that means i get booted by at least 28 womens daily, geez am not that popular grin
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Boxer007(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2010
Mr C0rk probably stoood her up grin
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork26: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2010
hell Nooo. I couldnt even make it. Waz with my boys. she must have been deperate, just waiting for me.

Well, I blame my 17inches badonkey. Anyways, I dont date dark skin womens, I only Nyansh them (no oofeinse)
wink
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by ebonyvibe(f): 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2010
Look Mr Corke,

I saw your useless IBO head waiting at the door like a jobless wanderer looking for the person to beg for his next lunch.

You know you where there; if you deny it i will go to the shop and ask them for a CCTV footage to disgrace you on NL. you better say the truth now or you will forever face a befitting disgace o.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Boxer007(m): 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2010
lol. Guys chill out, its all for laughs. lighten up grin
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by aminalib(f): 6:03pm On Nov 22, 2010
ebonyvibe:

Look Mr Corke,

I saw your usless IBO head waiting at he door like a jobless wanderer looking for the person to beg for his next lunch.

You know you where there; if you deny it i will go to the shop and ask them for a CCTV footage to disgrace you on NL. you better say the truth now or you will forever face a befitting disgace o.

I just died! grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by holydante(m): 9:47am On Nov 23, 2010
ebonyvibe:

Look Mr Corke,

I saw your usless IBO head waiting at he door like a jobless wanderer looking for the person to beg for his next lunch.

What is going on here, cork is igbo?

Mr~Cork:

[b][color=#990000]hell Nooo. I couldnt even make it. Waz with my boys. she must have been deperate, just waiting for me.

You were with your boys? but you insisted on meeting IB, men this is not good news

Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 2:49am On Nov 30, 2010
HOLY COW

MR.COCK HAS BEEN FRIED

I KNOW MR.COCK IS IBO

HE HAS THE IBO ACCENT,

MOBO444 TOLD ME!!

ODIKWA SERIOUS,ODIKWA TOO RISKY,

ODIKWA MR.COCK WANTED WOMAN AND SHE STOOD HIM UP AND HES LYING NOW
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 30, 2010
lmfao! i wish i stayed for the ENDING! LOL! MR. CORK IS IGBO?

EBONY STOOD HIM UP? ROTFLMAO!

NO REPLY FROM CORK?!!!!

"footage to disgrace you"

LMFAO! SHE SHAMED HIS A$S OFF THE THREAD!

as a result of everything above: R.I.P MZD

190:

ODIKWA MR.COCK WANTED WOMAN AND SHE STOOD HIM UP AND HES LYING NOW

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by tpia5: 4:52am On Nov 30, 2010
@ topic

Black Male Teachers Are MIA

Alexander grew up wanting to become an elementary school teacher but said he was frequently the butt of jokes among his Oakland classmates who called teaching 'women's work'.

"Guys would tease me. They'd say stuff like teaching children how to write their names for the first time or mediating kiddy temper tantrums is not "real" teaching.

They'd go, 'man, there's no money in that'," Alexander recalls.

Alexander attended predominately Black schools in Oakland for 10 years. He recalls walking into his high school AP government class and found something he had never seen.

"I was shocked," said Alexander "I had never had a Black male teacher before, except for P.E." Alexander's experience is remarkably common. Only 2 percent of the nation's 4.8 million teachers are Black men, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The shortage of Black male teachers compounds the difficulties that many African-American boys face in school. About half of Black male students do not complete high school in four years, statistics show. Black males tend to score lower on standardized tests, take fewer Advanced Placement courses and are suspended and expelled at higher rates than other groups officials say.

He is part of a growing chorus of educators, politicians and parents who say more teachers like him would boost Black male students, who struggle the most. He says encouraging African-American males to take pride in their education is everyone's responsibility.

Though he admits part of the problem is men themselves.

"Some of us do not consider teaching children how to write their names for the first time or how to count to one hundred as 'real' teaching. Some of us, sad to say don't like being hugged, let alone giving a hug. We view such activities as women's work, and that is our loss."

Female headed households with absent fathers are far from rare in African-American family life, especially inner city school children. According to the Department of Education it is not uncommon for a Black child to turn eleven without having interacted with a man for any significant amount of time.

http://www.wiretapmag.org/education/44505/
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by tpia5: 4:53am On Nov 30, 2010
According to the Department of Education it is not uncommon for a Black child to turn eleven without having interacted with a man for any significant amount of time.

because most of the black males are more interested in chasing toto [or whatever they consider it's equivalent], than anything else.

gosh!! what an embarassing article.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 5:08am On Nov 30, 2010
^^

this one don Graduate from Craze man category ooh

Only she de comment on link when nor Join!! grin grin

Abeg no offence kant stand the heat from ur mouth!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by tpia5: 5:12am On Nov 30, 2010
^^it seems you see yourself in every bad thing or how does one explain your popping up even when nobody mentioned your name.

thread is about black women not finding eligible and marriageable males to date, right?

and why are so many black males like yourself and some other touts so unmarriageable?

could it possibly be tied to a lack of positive black male role models?

take nl as an example nah!!

talkless real life!

na the tail dey lead head for una lives.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 5:16am On Nov 30, 2010
^^

Okay we have heard

I aint Roymary

Please go seek trouble else where!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by tpia5: 5:17am On Nov 30, 2010
^^take your own advice.

if it's not too hard for you!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 5:22am On Nov 30, 2010
^^

Leave me be!! angry angry

I hate you!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by tpia5: 5:28am On Nov 30, 2010
i'd say change your supplier.

anyway!!

i think you've gotten enough attention from me.

go throw your hissy fit elsewhere.

if some things are biting your nyansh, too bad!!

i could care less.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 5:32am On Nov 30, 2010
^^

You must care more

You must fight me today!! You must fight me today!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by tpia5: 6:39am On Nov 30, 2010
hmph. undecided

anyway! @ topic

it seems to be a question of water water everywhere but not a drop to drink.

or else how can one explain the phenomenon of black females being surrounded by black males yet unable to find any to marry?

quite a paradox.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by excoba101: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2010
Rumour has it that Oprah Winfrey could not find a man,   which was why she had to settle for a puppet (Ron Stedman)

Oprah is a Lesbian and Ron is paid by her to set a fog on the public' vision about are sexual status.
In fact her entire life history is a hype.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork7: 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2010
feminism is the end to all marraiges

just Look at Queen latifaf, miisssy elliot, Eve, Rita dominiki, Mercy Johnson, Mama gee angry
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2010
Mama Gee feminist? GOH.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2010
ebonyvibe:

Look Mr Corke,

[size=17pt]I saw your usless IBO head waiting at he door like a jobless wanderer looking for the person to beg for his next lunch.[/size]

I will never forget this statement,

Kai mr.cock has been killed Nothing left for him

The rise and downfall of mr.cock all cos of PUNNY,

Kant stop laffin!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Dsense(m): 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2010
ebonyvibe:

Look Mr Corke,

I saw your useless IBO head waiting at the door like a jobless wanderer looking for the person to beg for his next lunch.

Naija gals with attention seeking sha . . . . , lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Boxer007(m): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2010
D-sense:

Naija gals with attention seeking sha . . . . ,   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

EXACTLY grin
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2010
ebonyvibe:

Look Mr Corke,

[size=18pt]I saw your useless IBO head [/size] waiting at the door like a jobless wanderer looking for the person to beg for his next lunch.

I kant stop laffin @ this word

Mr.cock has ran away for his life!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 01, 2010
^^ baby stop instigating LOL.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 6:01am On Dec 01, 2010
^^

YOu just made me do again

Ive already forgoten

WIT UR USELESS IBO HEAD,

DIES I KANT STOP LAFFIN, SHE WUD AV SNAPPED AND BROUGHT THE PIC

MR.COCK IS NO WHERE 2 BE FOUND HES RAN AWAY!!

I BET HIS USELESS IBO HEAD IS SHAPED LIKE THAT OF A PALM KERNEL
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by 190: 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2010
grin grin grin grin @ cork

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girl Causes Commotion With Loud Moans In Boys Hostel / Personality Traits & Behavioral Patterns That Should Stay In 2017- Joro Olumofin / Name A Nairalander You Would Love To Meet...,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.