Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take (17834 Views)

Where Can I Get Vaccinated Against Cancer / Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures / Novel Coronavirus: Lagos Alerts Public, Lists Precautionary Measures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by 24hoursreporter: 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2019
Cancer is one of the most dangerous diseases in the world today. No wonder it is called the “emperor of all maladies”. In fact, cancer is so dangerous that some Oncologists named it “the messenger of death”.

As of today, I don’t think there is anything as scary as a cancer diagnosis. Even though there are claims that some cancers are treatable, an ounce of prevention is always better than a pound of cure.

In this article, we have come up with 11 preventive measures everyone should take against cancer. When you apply some of these tips, the chances of you having cancer will be very low.

8 Preventive Measures Everyone Should Take Against Cancer

#1. Avoid Excessive Smoking or Tobacco-RelatedRelated Products

One of the preventive measures everyone should take against cancer is to reduce the use of tobacco products. Research has linked smoking with different cancer.

Outside of the fact that smoking can cause cancer of the lungs, it can also cause cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, cervix, bladder, pancreas, and kidney.

So, if you really want to reduce your risk of cancer, you will have to stop excessive smoking and usage of tobacco products.

#2. Limit Your Intake Of Alcohol

According to a recent research by the National Cancer Institute, there is a strong scientific evidence that consumption of alcohol can lead to several types of cancer including; breast, liver, head, neck, and colorectal cancer.

The study further explains that people who combined alcohol with smoking and usage of other tobacco products have a great risk of developing cancer. Also, people who take alcohol are more vulnerable to cancer than those who don’t take.

#3. Maintaining A Healthy Weight

People who always watch their weight and engage in weight burning exercises are less vulnerable to cancer.

Whether Prostrate, breast, lung, kidney and colon cancer, maintaining a healthy weight is a good preventive measure.

#4. Engage In Physical Exercises

Engaging in physical exercises among the preventive measures everyone should take against cancer. Staying active is one of the habits of fighting cancer.

So, people that are very active in their various physical exercises are less vulnerable to breast and colon cancer.

#5. Regular Cancer Test

Since cancer is a great threat of everybody out there, a regular screening test can help to detect cancer before they spread. It is a great preventive measure to do a regular cancer screening test.

#6. Healthy Diet

Taking a healthy diet can reduce the risk of cancer. Healthy diet in this context refers to fruits, vegetables and high quality source of protein.

Furthermore, consume less of red meat and reduce your intake of sugar. This is one of the preventive measures everyone should take against cancer.

#7. Avoid Excessive Exposure To Sun

Excessive exposure of the skin to the sun is one of the causes of skin cancer. This cancer happens to be one of the most common cancers out there.

However, when you try as much as possible to avoid excessive exposure to the sun, your risk of cancer is low. So, when the ray of the sun is too high, you can always stay indoor or impossible use umbrella.

#8. Avoid Harmful Pollutants

Try as much as possible to avoid harmful pollutants. However, those that work in certain industries may not be able to avoid harmful pollutants. In a situation like this, you are advised to wear protective masks and gears.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/01/16/8-preventive-measures-everyone-should-take-against-cancer/

4 Likes

Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by MrAnele(m): 8:55am On Jan 17, 2019
Cool... Considering the fact say na prostrate cancer dey worry men pass .. People like me no get problem sha.. According to this report below people wey dey ejaculate at least 21 times a month dey safe. And me dey ejaculate pass 21 times cheesy

Study: Ejaculating At Least 21 Times A Month Reduces The Risk of Prostate Cancer

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by chieftroller003: 8:56am On Jan 17, 2019
grin
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by busuco: 8:57am On Jan 17, 2019
This is very informative. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by TheMainMan: 8:57am On Jan 17, 2019
Thank you...

How about not keeping your phone close anytime you want to sleep?

1 Like

Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by bettercreature(m): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2019
grin grin grin grin Nonsense! No one knows the cause

1 Like

Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by femijay8271(m): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2019
Thanks for the info op.
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by chinavs9ja(m): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2019
Thanks!

I am a web designer check my signature of you need my service
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by Giyerte(m): 8:59am On Jan 17, 2019
Thanks for this
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by OPAUGBEE(m): 8:59am On Jan 17, 2019
Informative. Unlike all those bum, b**bs and other immoral pictures all over nairaland

4 Likes

Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by Yankiss(m): 9:02am On Jan 17, 2019
Thank you. The points are well noted. Cancer is deadly but sadly our lifestyle and choice of food contributes a lot. Prevention is always better than cure. Major lifestyle changes can repress and effectively shrink cancer cells if and when they are discovered early. Avoid sugar and milk products. Take lots of warm water.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by AleksAndria: 9:02am On Jan 17, 2019
Apparently you forgot something called genetic predisposition to cancer( hereditary cancer ) and there's absolutely nothing much you can do to prevent such. Just wait for it.

Instructive post nonetheless

7 Likes

Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by shogosco: 9:03am On Jan 17, 2019
informative
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by omooba969(m): 9:03am On Jan 17, 2019
Cancer can be hereditary, it could be in the family lineage e.g. Grandpa might have died of gastric cancer, Uncle also died of duodenal cancer, Brother died of oesophageal cancer - we can see that there's a pattern of cancer arising from the same tumour site.

Therefore, someone in the family (along the line) gets cancer and that's why clinicians do 'Genetics testing' when this pattern is identified in the patient's family history. Clinicians will also recommend 'Routune Surveillance' or you can call it 'Screening'.

Our lifestyle dictates a lot as far as cancer is concerned, just as we bear in mind that our bodies are different in handling pressures we subject them to. Smoking, drinking & drug abuse account for many cancer cases, therefore leading a healthy lifestyle helps a lot.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by zedprof(m): 9:04am On Jan 17, 2019
This is kind awareness we need. Thank o
p
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by wayodude(m): 9:04am On Jan 17, 2019
MrAnele:
Cool... Considering the fact say na prostrate cancer dey worry men pads.. People like me no get problem sha.. According to this report below people wey dey ejaculate at least 21 times a month dey safe.

Study: Ejaculating At Least 21 Times A Month Reduces The Risk of Prostate Cancer

grin
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by Tizu(m): 9:05am On Jan 17, 2019
No, cancer is not a disease.
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by bamvik(m): 9:10am On Jan 17, 2019
No 7 for real? The crowd i saw during campaign they were all waiting under HOT sun for hours grin
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by oriewanbe: 9:10am On Jan 17, 2019
Which one be Avoid Excessive Smoking or Tobacco-Related Products ? It is better one stops or avoids smoking totally.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 17, 2019
Remove the number 1 & 2 from your list. People wey no dey smoke & drink sef, na dem dey get cancer pass.

Besides, my 75year old former landlord at Egbeda was a chain-smoker.

Even locomotive smokestack cannot compete with his nostrils. grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by Speedyconnect15: 9:16am On Jan 17, 2019
Yankiss:
Thank you. The points are well noted. Cancer is deadly but sadly our lifestyle and choice of food contributes a lot. Prevention is always better than cure. Major lifestyle changes can repress and effectively shrink cancer cells if and when they are discovered early. Avoid sugar and milk products. Take lots of warm water.

Milk and sugar?
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by fasho01(m): 9:19am On Jan 17, 2019
Even if one observes all these and more but has a history of it in their family has a high chance of coming down with it based on hereditary
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by Jaytecq(m): 9:36am On Jan 17, 2019
nice one
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by sparog(m): 9:38am On Jan 17, 2019
I hear

As if people that have done all dis and more haven't come down with cancer

People take care and still get cancer so all dis u listed here are just almost useless
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by Fxwarrior: 9:44am On Jan 17, 2019
Avoid aboki suya and limit intake of canned products.
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by Fxwarrior: 9:45am On Jan 17, 2019
sparog:
I hear

As if people that have done all dis and more haven't come down with cancer

People take care and still get cancer so all dis u listed here are just almost useless

Not exactly my friend. It can reduce it sha.
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by oloet: 10:05am On Jan 17, 2019
bamvik:
No 7 for real? The crowd i saw during campaign they were all waiting under HOT sun for hours grin
don't mind the op, what about lastma officials
Re: 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take by am4truth(m): 10:10am On Jan 17, 2019
bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin Nonsense! No one knows the cause

Albeit, you can minimize your exposure by your lifestyle choices. The op has just mentioned numerous way this can be done. Cancer is real. Research shows Cancer behind heart diseases is the second causes of death in the world.

Consult me for all your quality freelance writing jobs, and SEO works. I'm a Premium writer with iwriter, with over 150 articles, blog posts, and 6 e-books for clients in the western world.
Email: whisperingop@live.com
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/hustlersblog

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Cure For Painful And Bloody Defecation?!!! / My COVID-19 Near Death Experience / COVID-19 Update For December 18 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.