Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Should I Take The Job Or Bid For A Higher Stipend? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take The Job Or Bid For A Higher Stipend? (552 Views)

Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take The Job Or Bid For A Higher Stipend? by dotun4luv(m): 8:20am On Jan 17, 2019
Please Nairalanders, I need a guide or suggestion in taking a decision.

I am about to get a job, in fact, I can say getting the job is 90% certain. But, the job offer is to place me on probation for a minimum of 3 months after which the company "MAY" decide to make me a permanent staff "IF" they see a turnover [positive] in the office I'm taking charge. However, upon deliberation with the company's representative, he said the company will provide all the logistics for the first three months for me such as what to do, where and when, provide transportation fee within or outside the state, provide an accommodation if there is a need to travel outside the state to represent the interest of the company. BUT, there will be not "SALARY" for the first 3 months.

However, the company is ready to give a STIPEND [according to the represent] of 40,000 naira per month for the period of 3 months after which we'll now sit down to deliberate on the salary if the company chooses to make it a permanent job. And if I don't like the state of the job, I can take a walk or remain a contract staff as the case may be.

Now, here is my question.

"If a company choose to pay a stipend of 40,000 Naira a month, what would the likely salary be?

Note: I have a side hustle that pays the bill.

Please Admin help me push this to the front page for experience personnel to see and help with reasonable answers.
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Bid For A Higher Stipend? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 17, 2019
dotun4luv:
Please Nairalanders, I need a guide or suggestion in taking a decision.

I am about to get a job, in fact, I can say getting the job is 90% certain. But, the job offer is to place me on probation for a minimum of 3 months after which the company "MAY" decide to make me a permanent staff "IF" they see a turnover [positive] in the office I'm taking charge. However, upon deliberation with the company's representative, he said the company will provide all the logistics for the first three months for me such as what to do, where and when, provide transportation fee within or outside the state, provide an accommodation if there is a need to travel outside the state to represent the interest of the company. BUT, there will be not "SALARY" for the first 3 months.

However, the company is ready to give a STIPEND [according to the represent] of 40,000 naira per month for the period of 3 months after which we'll now sit down to deliberate on the salary if the company chooses to make it a permanent job. And if I don't like the state of the job, I can take a walk or remain a contract staff as the case may be.

Now, here is my question.

"If a company choose to pay a stipend of 40,000 Naira a month, what would the likely salary be?

Note: I have a side hustle that pays the bill.

Please Admin help me push this to the front page for experience personnel to see and help with reasonable answers.
it depends. from what you can see from the firm, the role, and how serious the representatives were towards your doing well, you can guess a high figure.

From the look of things, I think the company pays well. just be positive about it. take it and start. while at your best
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Bid For A Higher Stipend? by dotun4luv(m): 11:51am On Jan 17, 2019
mikezuruki:

it depends. from what you can see from the firm, the role, and how serious the representatives were towards your doing well, you can guess a high figure.

From the look of things, I think the company pays well. just be positive about it. take it and start. while at your best
Thank you so much. I just want to be sure of what the salary will end up become.
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Bid For A Higher Stipend? by johncreek: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2019
Candid advise is to try get a rough estimate of what the company worth, that stipend in this current economy is more like nothing, NO Offense . My candid advice is, take the job and after the three months probation, the salary isn’t worth what u intend it will be, if your side hustle worth’s more than the salary, I think you should quit and intensify on your side hustle and am sure the hustle will pay.

(1) (Reply)

Inec Adhoc Recruitment Form For 2019 Election Is Out / Vacancies At Electronic Payplus Limited / Urgent Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.