Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court (13519 Views)

I Collected Dollars In Cash For Emefiele, Dispatch Rider Tells Court / My Wife Was Kidnapped And Made To Transfer Money Under Duress / 'How Richard Kpodo Raped Me Without A Condom In Hotel' - Lady Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by arabmoney101(m): 8:53am On Jan 17, 2019
An alleged kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike a.k.a Evans has denied his confessional statement after his arrest in 2017, saying it was made under duress.

Evans told Justice Adedayo Akintoye of Igbosere High Court, Lagos on Wednesday that he signed the statement to save him from being tortured to death.

Evans is currently facing charges, bordering on conspiracy to kidnap, kidnapping and attempted murder before Justice Akintoye.

In the first charge, Evans is standing trial alongside Joseph Emeka, Ugochukwu Nwachukwu and Victor Aduba.

In the second charge, he is standing trial alongside Joseph Emeka, Linus Okpara and Victor Aduba.

At the resumed hearing, Evans gave details of how members of Inspector General of Police (IGP) Intelligence Response Team allegedly tortured and killed several others who were paraded alongside him in his presence.

He said that the security agents tortured the victims by suffocating them with plastic bags and threatened to do same to him if he failed to cooperate with them.

Evans said that some sheets of papers were brought for him to sign, adding that some of the papers were blank while others had things written on them.

“When I asked what I was to sign the police officers slapped me and even quenched a cigarette on my hand.

“The officers were beating me and told me that if anything happens to me, no one will know. They hit my head and blood was gushing, the scars are still on my head.

“When I saw how five men, who were paraded with me, were tortured and killed, I agreed to sign the papers with fear of what happened to the other men,” Evans said.

He also said that the contents of the papers he signed were not read to him and that there was no video recording during the statement taking.

Evans gave the details while a trial within a trial was conducted to ascertain whether his statement was taken under duress or not.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/i-made-statement-under-duress-alleged-kidnap-kingpin-evans-tells-court/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by firstolalekan(m): 9:24am On Jan 17, 2019
grin

SO, dem never still fry this OSU alusi ritualist kidnapper balls and feed it to the dogs since?
Only in Nigeria you'll be seeing justice been delayed.

Criminals will be defended and celebrated

- ATEKE TOM, A renowned thief, murderer and militant was made king

- James Obori was celebrated

- Bode George was celebrated

- Alamaysia was celebrated

-MC oluomo etc

I weep for this shithole

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Lucifer66(m): 9:24am On Jan 17, 2019
This man is worth over a billion naria but yet he continued kidnapping?
Anyways the minute he is sentenced he will become owner of that prison.
Money rules the world.

7 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by zlantanfan: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2019
Lol

Cuuny Igbo criminal

8 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Emmyloaded: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2019
ok
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by lordswill03: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2019
Mtcheeeew! Was that what your lawyer told you to say??

4 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by RipMorosini: 9:25am On Jan 17, 2019
Mr Evans..
You are free to go.
Discharge and acquitted...
Court!!!!!

13 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by EmmaOgbu(m): 9:25am On Jan 17, 2019
Your cup is full and overflowing.

You will suffer for your crime against humanity.

1 Like

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by banquetking: 9:26am On Jan 17, 2019
Sometimes I wish there were some way to just blot out evil people from this world.... angry

10 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by bunmioguns(m): 9:26am On Jan 17, 2019
undecided
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Hotfreezer: 9:26am On Jan 17, 2019
They are marginalising Evans because he is Biafran
If he was an Ab0ki or an Afonja, will they treat him like this?

They are jealous of we Biafrans because we Umuchineke. Children of the Most High.

Evans, don't worry. Chukwu Okike is with you. The god of Kanu would come and bail you.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by BigbamoAYO(m): 9:27am On Jan 17, 2019
kiss
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by CoolgistDotCom: 9:27am On Jan 17, 2019
firstolalekan:
grin

LOL make them pity the man abeg

1 Like

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Hoodbilonia: 9:28am On Jan 17, 2019
they shud inject him abeg
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by OMOTOWO(m): 9:28am On Jan 17, 2019
Evans oo ni se oriire.oloriburuku omo agbako

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by GavelSlam: 9:28am On Jan 17, 2019
Evans suppprters club, over to you.

1 Like

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:29am On Jan 17, 2019
The Heroes of children of hate and perdition, pigs, criminals has spoken.
When Evans the kidnapper say something against Buhari (just like he did the other day) he becomes an hero. When you say their heroes and spokespersons lack integrity (IBB, OBJ, Fayose, RENO FFK, Saraki, GEJ, etc)...then they say look at the message not the messenger ( what meaningful words do the robber want to utter?)

miltonchux:
They have not tortured you enough. Criminal that made life unbearable for the rich in Festac Town. He should be burnt alive.
Lol cheesy, you've said the whole TRUTH.
He would have been sentenced accordingly in saner climes.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Speedyconnect15: 9:29am On Jan 17, 2019
He will go to prison eventually.
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Naijawebmaster: 9:29am On Jan 17, 2019
cool
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Hotfreezer: 9:29am On Jan 17, 2019
GavelSlam:
Evans suppprters club, over to you.

Nwanne, we are here.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:29am On Jan 17, 2019
Free yourselves from slavery

Vote Buhari 2019

Next level things

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by miltonchux(m): 9:31am On Jan 17, 2019
They have not tortured you enough. Criminal that made life unbearable for the rich in Festac Town. He should be burnt alive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Godskidk(m): 9:31am On Jan 17, 2019
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty by a court of law in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by kenodrill: 9:31am On Jan 17, 2019
"whatever that's worth doing is worth doing well"

Also strive to be at the peak of whatever your doing that rocks your boat....
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Mitchewww(m): 9:32am On Jan 17, 2019
The torture tactics of our police is why most cases are lost.

Can't imagine Evans having a voice but the police have given him one.

We have a very unprofessional police force.

If they carried on their investigations very well and have evidences.

If Evans lies in his statement, it will make it worse for him.

Now.. See case derailings.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Tiffbuxas: 9:32am On Jan 17, 2019
With the way Nigeria police performs interrogation... Nobody can argue with him. ... Although I still think his lawyer has a lot of work to do

3 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Hotfreezer: 9:32am On Jan 17, 2019
Godskidk:
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty by a court of law in Nigeria?

It's not your fault.

Assuming they kidnapped your daddy and your family sold you to raise money, you won't be talking nonsense here.

11 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Hotfreezer: 9:32am On Jan 17, 2019
Tiffbuxas:
With the way Nigeria police performs interrogation... Nobody can argue with him. ... Although I still think his lawyer has a lot of work to do

Why don't you go and take over from his lawyer.

Talk is cheap

5 Likes

kenodrill:
"whatever that's worth doing is worth doing well"

Also strive to be at the peak of whatever your doing that rocks your boat....

Keneshuku my brother from Abakaliki, you are correct. But the question is that why is it only crime we Biafrans do well?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? / Nigerian To Die In Indonesia For Drug Trafficking / 15 Children Molested By Their Fathers In Enugu In Five Months —FIDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.