Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Are Nigerians Right When They Speak This Way? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Nigerians Right When They Speak This Way? (341 Views)

Ejikeme Mmesoma: Can JAMB Type May This Way? / If Only Exam Questions Could Be Asked This Way (Photo) / What Is Latin America & What Language Do They Speak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Right When They Speak This Way? by real777(m): 11:54am On Jan 17, 2019
Hello,

I want you to throw light on this question perhaps maybe na over sabi, ignorance or illiteracy dey worry me.

These days is not rare to see Nigerians missing the pidgin word shebi or shay or abi with the English language even in universities campuses.

Recently, I was walking pass a government secondary school and I heard the male teacher shouting on his voice thus:

" Shey I told you people to do assignment" ?

My question is was the teacher right?

Little kids are not left out. Nigeria just dey go down every split seconds.

(1) (Reply)

Does It Seems Like ASUU Is Being Too Headstrong Toward Their Negotiation With FG / I Have A 'receipt', Not A 'teller' And I Refuse To 'clap For' You! / Common Entrance Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.