Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

#10yearchallenge - See How It Started And How Nigeria Brands Jumped On it - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #10yearchallenge - See How It Started And How Nigeria Brands Jumped On it (767 Views)

How It Started But My Tecno Pouvior 4 Is Not Helping(photo / Davido And Chioma Love Story, Relationship And How It Started / Video Showing The Moment Woman Jumped To Her Death From 12th Floor Of An Hotel I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#10yearchallenge - See How It Started And How Nigeria Brands Jumped On it by enny66(m): 3:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
Days ago, social media went crazy with the #10YearChallenge, it became the talk of the town as celebrities, individuals, and brands jumped on it to follow the latest trend in town

The challenge is a photography comparison challenge in which people publish photos of themselves, taken 10 years ago and compare with the recent one

According to memepedia.ru the challenge actually started on Facebook and it is believed that the first prominent user to partake in the challenge was Damon Lane, chief meteorologist for KOCO News 5 in Oklahoma. The post appeared on his Facebook page on January 11th, 2019.

Initially, the meaning of the challenge was to compare your first profile picture with your current one. Then people just began to publish photos of themselves from 10 years ago (in 2009) adjacent to a recent image of them from 2019. So the challenge has several names: 2009 vs. 2019, How Did Age Hit You or 10 year challenge.

Over the following weekend, social media users started to post their entries in the challenge and it became popular. And as you know “Naija no dey carry last” so many brands jumped on the trend to thrill their followers. Below are some of Nigeria brands that join the 10 years challenge

https://naijmobile.com/how-nigeria-brands-jumped-on-the-10-year-challenge-trend-on-social-media/

Re: #10yearchallenge - See How It Started And How Nigeria Brands Jumped On it by Ennyholar: 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2019
TECNO and first bank won the 10 years challenge.
Who can imagine that a tecno phone of that design can become a smartphone of today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #10yearchallenge - See How It Started And How Nigeria Brands Jumped On it by Pweetyteey: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2019
Tru tru naija no dey carry last ooooo.everyone keeps improving including brands..
If them gimme dat tecno then i go say i dnt want but now na me dey rush Tecno phones

1 Like

Re: #10yearchallenge - See How It Started And How Nigeria Brands Jumped On it by Goldyyy: 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2019
Lol.. Who else remembers that Tecno phone with television.?
Re: #10yearchallenge - See How It Started And How Nigeria Brands Jumped On it by Rubiesangel: 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
I think Tecno and sterling bank won. There has been a great change and improvement in the last 10 years
Re: #10yearchallenge - See How It Started And How Nigeria Brands Jumped On it by Blastedholligan: 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
It's lovely how brands that started way back has transformed. Very sharp.
Re: #10yearchallenge - See How It Started And How Nigeria Brands Jumped On it by investigator007: 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
wow, no be small thing o,tecno mobile have really grown so does other brands.
Re: #10yearchallenge - See How It Started And How Nigeria Brands Jumped On it by sureinfo: 2:01am On Feb 11, 2019
no doubt TECNO mobile have done really good for themselves with time,but i think first bank is more of 125 years challenge,lol
Ennyholar:
TECNO and first bank won the 10 years challenge.
Who can imagine that a tecno phone of that design can become a smartphone of today.

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders Substituted Service On Ovia South West LGA Chairman / Clean Toyota Rav4 / Katsina State, FG Fast Tracking Completion Of 15-year-old Power Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.