₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,210,871 members, 4,825,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 21 March 2019 at 12:47 AM

The Doomed Marriage (True life story) - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Doomed Marriage (True life story) (34524 Views)

Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / Finding Me (a true life story) / CROSS Roads(a True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by Centino: 2:59pm On Mar 01
Keep it coming LightQueen. Quite touching embarassed
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by Divineroyalty(f): 3:21pm On Mar 01
I think I'm loving this game.
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by duruZed(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01
LightQueen:
wink
Thanks for reading
you are welcome my dear, more ink to your pen.
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by LightQueen(f): 7:52pm On Mar 01
Chapter Twenty

Few days later, I was in the kitchen cooking breakfast in the morning when I started hearing shouts all of a sudden, no doubt they have started, Ignored them, continued what I was doing till I heard a scream and sob. I left what I was doing immediately to go check on them, he was beating her, I felt sad immediately, despite her behavior towards me, I hate seeing such scene. I pleaded with him with a sincere much concern to please stop it. He did.

Hubby: Next time you raise your voice at me again or shout at me, I will send you back to your parents
Me: Am I not enough for you ? why beat her? She was wrong but this is too much, pls control your anger next time.
Rah: Will you shut up? is all your plan, you advised him to do this to me, I bet you will pay
Hubby: You shut up!! before I deal with you the second time.. She has never challenge me, shout at Me the way you just did and next time you try it? I won't be this nice, mannerless woman.

With that, he left the room and banged the door
Rah: Get out
Me: Say thank you at least, he could have disfigured you. Lol.. Next time know how to control that mouth of yours, else you will more of this everyday, and remember I warned you before, you thought he won't raise his hands on the mannerless queen. Now you know better.

I left her room to continue what I was doing in the kitchen.

I never knew she had a wicked plan already, she succeeded later in the afternoon.

She secretly messed up the fish stew I prepared, been Saturday he was at home all day. He was eating lunch when I heard him coughing real bad, was wondering what's happening.

Hubby: Princess!!!
Me: I'm here, what's the....... a slap landed on my cheeks
Hubby: You want to kill me so that you will leave as you planned right?
Me: What are you talking about? and why did you slap me for no reason
Hubby: Shut up and taste this rubbish soup

I tasted it and I was really shocked, the stew had enough pepper and salt, in fact it was just too much. The pain I felt on my cheeks disappeared, because I don't know how I felt again, my legs were shaking, this is real trouble
Me: Believe me, I don't know how this happened, I guess we should ask Rahma
Hubby: Oh! You now want to accuse her for your wickedness? Sit down there and finish this soup
Me: What!!? I can't, this is wickedness and I swear I don't know how...... I felt another slap and another again. I started crying. God!! I am done for. He called me names, instructed me never to cook his food again before walking out. I sat down there crying my eyes out at the same time confused. The mannerless wife came in smiling, right there I was now very much sure she has done her worst. I'm leaving the house for them before she or her husband kill me.

I ignored her and left to my room, my baby girl sleeps a lot, she is growing real fast. I sat down close to her, kissed her forehead and let the tears flow helplessly,, I was in my room till next day. I woke up early the next day, and started packing my most important clothes and other items into my box. Took my bath and bath my baby. I was just shedding tears as I arranged my clothes finally, carried my girl and dragged my box with me with tears while I left my room. I was about unlocking the front door when I heard my name.

Oh no! Bad luck

Hubby: Princess pls I am sorry, I later realized you can never do such thing, pls don't go, I was staring at him, I couldn't control the tears anymore as I let out a sob.
Hubby: Rahma, get me my phone quick

Me: Pls allow me to go, i can't continue such marriage any more, you don't love me and I don't love you, yet I tried to make things right but what did I get in return dear husband. You hate me.

All this while he was standing at the door, not wanting me to leave, he immediately put a call to someone, telling he or she to come immediately, that I am about leaving him.

Hubby: Princess pls, for our daughter's sake, let's resolve this pls.
Me: No.. I have had enough, let me go, this is not a happy marriage and home, what do you take me for? a slave? or a lady without a home? tell me

I remember the past, how my parents gave me out to this man that has no emotions, I felt weak that moment, sat down on the floor holding my baby tight while I let more tears out freely with a heavy pain in my heart..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by LightQueen(f): 7:57pm On Mar 01
Oops!! Sorry for any errors pls, I couldn't help the tears while typing
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:30pm On Mar 01
LightQueen:
crycry Sorry about that dear
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by CaZmir: 8:34pm On Mar 01
LightQueen:

Cry no more.
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by sharliz(f): 5:50am On Mar 02
LightQueen:
He don see new madam na grin

Thanks for following
Thanks for showing us that some cruel human being exist..
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by Ann2012(f): 8:19am On Mar 02
LightQueen:

The tears are in the past, now you're stronger than b4
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger wink

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by Rosemary33: 11:25am On Mar 02
Ann2012:

Thanks for the update
true

1 Like

Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by skubido(m): 3:00pm On Mar 02
Ann2012:

Naso..
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by dododawa1: 3:11pm On Mar 02
Sorry dear,don't go
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by Treasure17(m): 3:42pm On Mar 02
The man too like quarrel sha..I support your decision princess. All these yeye mods self.
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by Treasure17(m): 3:44pm On Mar 02
dododawa1:
Sorry dear,don't go
Really?
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by queenitee(f): 5:20pm On Mar 03
He's not okay
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by izaray(f): 12:14pm On Mar 04
dododawa1:
Sorry dear,don't go
Do you want her to die in there first
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by izaray(f): 12:16pm On Mar 04
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by Derby20(f): 10:30pm On Mar 04
Eyah
Don't even know what to say.....
It is well.... Nice one queen. Keep the fire burning cry
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by uthlaw(m): 11:41am On Mar 06
don't listen to him just go go and go.... update update
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by TiffanyJ(f): 8:07pm On Mar 06
LightQueen:
No part of this story should be copied without the authors permission. It is a true life story, though names of characters and places have been changed.

Prologue

Sitting outside the compound deep in thought, memories of the past years came to my mind like a flash, I couldn't help but shed tears,my tears were falling helplessly. The more I wiped them off with my hands, the more they flowed freely without care, God!! How did I get here? Where will I start from all over again? Why so much pains, betrayal, tears and regrets? Whatever have I done to deserve this Lord? Now my tears were just flowing like a river, when I couldn't control myself, I burst into uncontrollable wailing. At that very moment all I knew and all that occupied my mind was the pain in my heart, the pains my parents made me pass through.
My name is princess. I was married off early. This is my story
These days, I am so busy I hardly log in to nairaland anymore but then, I am back. I have an interest in this story and I shall take my time to catch up. Keep writing dear. The sky is your limit.
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by LightQueen(f): 9:40pm On Mar 06
Chapter Twenty-one

The pains was just too much, why? why? why? I stood up slowly, still holding my baby tight, pick up my box opened the door and walk out, without a backward glance, was walking to the gate, still with tears when I came face to face with my mother in-law, and two of his sisters.

One of his sister walk up to me, collected the baby from me, while the other collected my box. His mother hugged me so affectionately, I was so touched that I let out more. tears, this woman is really nice and knows who truly her son is.

Mother in-law: Come let's go inside
Me: No mother, I am leaving
Mother in-law: I know, but first I need to know what happened from both side, now come

We walk back inside, met him sitting down with a remorseful look, his wife was also sitting down next to him, she immediately stood up and greeted the guests so nicely, no one suspects anything.

Everywhere was silent, till mother faced her son
Mother in-law: Start talking, why did she wants to leave this early, what happened between you two?
Hubby: Mum, it was a misunderstanding, I never intended to hit her, I was just very angry.
Mother in-law: You hit her? I am so disappointed in you, you are not man enough at your age. Why did you hit her?
Hubby: The soup she prepared yesterday has so much pepper and salt, I was just coughing nonstop yesterday and...
Mother in-law: Princess, is this true?
Me: Yes mother but I swear I don't know what happened and how the food got so much pepper and salt, I tried to explain to him that I know nothing about it, he didn't wait for any explanation, he thought I was just trying to accuse Rahma, the next thing was slaps.

Mother stare at my teary face for some seconds, then turned to Rahma stare at her for a full minute before saying the obvious.

Mother in-law: Rahma, why did you do it?
Rah: Ma!!?
Mother in-law: Say the truth
Rah: I have nothing to do with it
Hubby: Mum, all I want is to pls help me make her stay.
Mother in-law: No, she's leaving
Sister in-law: Brother I am so disappointed, you shouldn't have....
Hubby: Stay out of this

I stood up, carried my baby and my box, I was determined to leave the abusive marriage.
Hubby: Please, I beg you, I know you didn't do it
Me: Yet, you slapped me more than twice, calling me names, pls go ahead and leave peacefully with your wife, that's what you want after all, I am done with you. We shall meet in court.
Hubby: I swear I love you
Me: Don't you ever mention the word love to me because you seem not to know the meaning.
Tell them how many times you beat me, force yourself on me. I am married but I don't know how it feels to be loved, I don't know how real kiss feels, count the times we sit and gist, play as a couple. Tell them!! I am tired and leaving.
Hubby: I will make things right and besides hope you know you are still mine till I accept to divorce you, which will never happen. "He said with a smirk"

I stared at him with hatred, letting the tears flow, I turned my gaze from him and that was when I noticed my mother in-law was on her kneels. Oh no! What do I do now? I want to leave and this woman old enough to be my mother is on her kneels just for me to stay. I was still deep in thought when I heard her spoke up.

"Princess, come stay with me instead. please, think about us, not just him. I was now standing very confused. I took a glance at her daughters pleading eyes. My Hubby's remorseful look and Rahma's smiling face.

What to do now?

2 Likes

Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by Ann2012(f): 10:45pm On Mar 06
Na wa oooo
Thanks for the update
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by Rosemary33: 7:10am On Mar 07
I have two women going through this, not from the north but their lives have been made unbearable. They are afraid of walking away because of what people will say
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by skubido(m): 7:43am On Mar 07
Hmmmm. Abeg follow your mother in-law b4 the divorce tinz ooo... Rahma Neva knw anything...

Eku ifarada.
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by izaray(f): 10:53am On Mar 07
Princess please make ur decision wisely, that beast doesn't deserve you
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by Ridwan1821: 11:10am On Mar 07
This is serious. Should I say the Usman doesn't have brain, or his brain is not functioning.
May Allah assist Princess and every other lady going through things like this.. Too bad
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by queenitee(f): 12:40pm On Mar 07
Rahma, wait for your turn
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by Amhappy(f): 1:18pm On Mar 07
Staying with Mama is a good start. You and your hubby can start all over again when he's ready to be a husband. I wish you well dear.
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by LightQueen(f): 1:52pm On Mar 07
Ann2012:
Na wa oooo Thanks for the update
You are welcome ma'am

1 Like

Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by LightQueen(f): 1:53pm On Mar 07
Rosemary33:
I have two women going through this, not from the north but their lives have been made unbearable. They are afraid of walking away because of what people will say
Too bad sad
Re: The Doomed Marriage (True life story) by LightQueen(f): 1:54pm On Mar 07
skubido:
Hmmmm. Abeg follow your mother in-law b4 the divorce tinz ooo... Rahma Neva knw anything...

Eku ifarada.
Thanks Skubido

I like your username "Skubido" I think you got it from one cartoon like that lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie At Paris Fashion Week (Photos) / Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.