Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,475 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night (42235 Views)

My Cheap Way Of Dealing With Heat at Night / Massagers For Neck And Back With Heat For Sale At Micostarmall / Naipo Shiatsu Back And Neck Massager With Heat Deep Kneading Massage For Neck, B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by chocolateme(f): 9:16am On Jan 18, 2019
Greetings to anyone reading this, please pardon my grammatical errors as I bare my heart in this write up. We live in a down floor flat in a three storeyed building and as you know how most compounds in Surulere is without space, ours is surrounded by other tall buildings so to get fresh air especially at night is zero possible.
The state Government has not been forthcoming with pipe borne water these days despite knowing how important water is to human life, the power supply company are making it harder too, you go to bed at night, you won't sleep well due excess heat, you won't see water to at least bath throughout the night to keep cool till morning.
This has been going on in our area in Surulere around Itire/Ishaga. Last night, I thought I was going to die oh God!! We have generator set but the engine is very faulty and very expensive to repair besides, we can't be spending money on fuel on daily basis coupled with the fact that there are other expenses at home to run.
Last night, I was awake till 3am dot, I kept fanning myself and sweating profusely, at a point, I felt I was loosing my breath, I stood up, laid down, sat down, I did everything I could to feel OK but to no avail, my hand was aching me too.
I slept off for about 12minutes only to suddenly jerk up from bed and feel sweat running down my face and body like a cup of water was poured on me hmm.. The mattress was soaked at different sections and I couldn't lie down on it again. The one that scared me most was that I observed that fluid came up into my mouth from my stomach and I rushed to go and spill it out, dehydration too, I kept drinking water and trying to stay alive.
By exactly 3am dot, they brought the light, I wasn't feeling happy because there was no morale for excitement anymore but I finally managed to sleep off, i woke up again as they took it by past 4 again till now. I sleep by 3 or 4 almost every night and I am feeling frustrated. I felt I should share it, I am tired, God please help me, I am always scared once the night approaches on daily basis.. The Government should help the masses with light and water for healthy living.

392 Likes 48 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by cassidy1996(m): 9:37am On Jan 18, 2019
sorry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by shege45: 10:12am On Jan 18, 2019
chocolateme:

Greetings to anyone reading this, please pardon my grammatical errors as I bare my heart in this write up. We live in a down floor flat in a three storeyed building and as you know how most compounds in Surulere is without space, ours is surrounded by other tall buildings so to get fresh air especially at night is zero possible.
The state Government has not been forthcoming with pipe borne water these days despite knowing how important water is to human life, the power supply company are making it harder too, you go to bed at night, you won't sleep well due excess heat, you won't see water to at least bath throughout the night to keep cool till morning.
This has been going on in our area in Surulere around Itire/Ishaga. Last night, I thought I was going to die oh God!! We have generator set but the engine is very faulty and very expensive to repair besides, we can't be spending money on fuel on daily basis coupled with the fact that there are other expenses at home to run.
Last night, I was awake till 3am dot, I kept fanning myself and sweating profusely, at a point, I felt I was loosing my breath, I stood up, laid down, sat down, I did everything I could to feel OK but to no avail, my hand was aching me too.
I slept off for about 12minutes only to suddenly jerk up from bed and feel sweat running down my face and body like a cup of water was poured on me hmm.. The mattress was soaked at different sections and I couldn't lie down on it again. The one that scared me most was that I observed that fluid came up into my mouth from my stomach and I rushed to go and spill it out, dehydration too, I kept drinking water and trying to stay alive.
By exactly 3am dot, they brought the light, I wasn't feeling happy because there was no morale for excitement anymore but I finally managed to sleep off, i woke up again as they took it by past 4 again till now. I sleep by 3 or 4 almost every night and I am feeling frustrated. I felt I should share it, I am tired, God please help me, I am always scared once the night approaches on daily basis.. The Government should help the masses with light and water for healthy living.
lol yours is just heat. Mine is heat and mosquitoes. I almost cried two nights ago. If we don’t have light at night, I always feel depressed. I had to spray my room around 2am when I couldn’t take it any more. The heat too was unbearable. I just tire for this country

269 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by aysuprano(m): 11:58am On Jan 18, 2019
Me too o
The heat was so much and when i start to doze off that is when mosquitoes will know they want to mate on your ear
Our country is still in 15th century when it comes to good things(good road,electricity,Agriculture even sport)
But we are in 21st century when it comes to bad things (drugs,prostitution,crime,)
Think about it

195 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by dominique(f): 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2019
It's the time of the year, make sure you drink plenty of water. Also try and get rechargeable fans to reduce the heat.

205 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by BruncleZuma: 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2019
grin grin grin grin

That's what climate change looks like...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by TollaniInvestCo: 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
Eyah...na the period we dey so, person just have to adjust.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Stocking: 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
Mtchww
Better relocate back to your village

12 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
Heeeyaah!!
The Government should help the masses with light and water for healthy living.
Government, please help a sister here o!
On a second read, this is not actually funny o!

HEAT KILLS biko!

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by lanibi(f): 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
I dare not talk about mine

Imagine being depressed whenever the light goes off cry

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Mariangeles(f): 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
...and the weather in the east is cold o...too cold I dare say

This is what happens when there are hardly any trees around...plus too much pollution...all those free radicals in the air embarassed

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Memories12411: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
This heat is everywhere. People living in Jos can bear witness.

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by HisMajesty1(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hahaha... So sorry, but it's funny.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by obajoey(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
pls there is light in my house, I can accommodate u

19 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by IjebuWarrior: 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
Foolish Nigerians everywhere... Blaming their Gov't at every slightest opportunity like they aren't the ones that voted them in. Just see them all again adulating Buhari and Atiku all over the place. The gov't of a nation reflects the citizens!

FOOLS !!!

Isn't Necessity the mother of inventions?

Why can't we proffer a solution to our problem? Why can't we come up with an improvisation? Why can't we... ? Damn it, I'm pissed. I hate being a black man sef. angry angry angry

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by dipopooo(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
You people are getting the result of what you voted for in 2015.....I remember this time 2015 most people were shouting Sai baba up and down. Here we are today nothing is working in Nigeria

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by theoldpretender(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
Problems here

1.Poor city planning.Somewhere along the line the plans for Surulere were thrown into the bin

2.Poor light....this one

I blame government for not doing stuff like taking loans to fix power, paying bills for government parastatals.
And I blame Nigerians. Many Nigerians don't pay their bills.
Plus...I am on a prepaid meter. I pay less than $5 for light...,meanwhile AN average Ghanaian pays more. Ghana has 24/7 light...Nigeria does not have light.

3.Poor water.
Again...government...how well do they plan.
Then how many people pay their water bills. Is what we are paying sufficient enough to make the water people supply us with water 24/7

Kai....Nigeria needs CHANGE...not APC or PDP change...CHANGE.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Realestatepro(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
on point op. the heat is something else

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Abuja is still very cold. Have to hug my blanket and pillow most nights.

Lagos is just a dump. Told myself long ago I won't wanna settle down in such chaotic state. How can one's life span no reduce with such stress?

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Pavarottii(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
shege45:
lol yours is just heat. Mine is heat and mosquitoes. I almost cried two nights ago. If we don’t have light at night, I always feel depressed. I had to spray my room around 2am when I couldn’t take it any more. The heat too was unbearable. I just tire for this country
That's dangerous to spray room and stay inside... Except u go outside for at least an hour. Please don't try that again... Thanks

126 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by AceGeraci: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Come over to Jos. Nature will treat you so fine.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Albert0011(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
My sister ur case is small compared to mine o...what of we that stays close to oil company,the gas flare alone can even suffocate you cuz it produces alot of heat.

9 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by AngelicBeing: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
sad
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
chocolateme:

Come and sleep in my house. My Air conditioner stays on as long as I am at home. My back up generator is auto start though I hardly use it as most nights I have regular power all through.

I will ensure your chocolate skin tone will glow even more after a week of steady AC.

Don't worry I promise to be nice

34 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by PythonAmaka: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Poor girl.. Mentally and financially poor. grin
You need a "big god" to take you outta poverty grin
The fluid part even gets me scared for you, gonna stink down there too.
The mod that pushed this poo to frontpage is even mentally p..oo..rer

python amaka

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by chigbolu: 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2019
Sorry... Try buying ice water or ice block put it in a bowl and use to cool your body .... You can also risk opening your door till 11, 12 @ night if u have net...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by sage111: 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2019
Eyaaaah.....

So dear.....

Come and collect 2 Sure odds for Free and use the proceeds to buy a Better Generator and also fuel it

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by SmellingAnus(m): 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2019
I use to think that I was the only person experiencing the unsual heat... Infact I do feel there is something wrong with me for experiencing this type of heat I have never experienced before....

My own case there is light but I hate cold,... I easily get cold so I will rather sleep naked just to regulate my body temperature...

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Antibiotics After Sex / 10 Natural Remedies You Can Make With Mango At Home / A Friend Needs A Help On His Leg Challenge (Graphics Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.