Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,160 members, 7,780,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:03 AM

My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night (42146 Views)

My Cheap Way Of Dealing With Heat at Night / Massagers For Neck And Back With Heat For Sale At Micostarmall / Naipo Shiatsu Back And Neck Massager With Heat Deep Kneading Massage For Neck, B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2019
Sicilyjoe:

Hmmmm, where is the light to charge the rechargeable fan
Nigerians I am coming to your rescue.....pray for me and wait for my inventions

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by oluwasegun007(m): 7:32pm On Jan 18, 2019
The heat experienced currently can fry plantain
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by haryomikun(m): 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2019
bluefilm:
Lagos is nonsense.

Never seen such an overpopulated place in my entire life.

Tufiakwa angry
I swear mehn. A stupid ass place

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by onward4life(m): 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2019
chocolateme:
Greetings to anyone reading this, please pardon my grammatical errors as I bare my heart in this write up. We live in a down floor flat in a three storeyed building and as you know how most compounds in Surulere is without space, ours is surrounded by other tall buildings so to get fresh air especially at night is zero possible.
The state Government has not been forthcoming with pipe borne water these days despite knowing how important water is to human life, the power supply company are making it harder too, you go to bed at night, you won't sleep well due excess heat, you won't see water to at least bath throughout the night to keep cool till morning.
This has been going on in our area in Surulere around Itire/Ishaga. Last night, I thought I was going to die oh God!! We have generator set but the engine is very faulty and very expensive to repair besides, we can't be spending money on fuel on daily basis coupled with the fact that there are other expenses at home to run.
Last night, I was awake till 3am dot, I kept fanning myself and sweating profusely, at a point, I felt I was loosing my breath, I stood up, laid down, sat down, I did everything I could to feel OK but to no avail, my hand was aching me too.
I slept off for about 12minutes only to suddenly jerk up from bed and feel sweat running down my face and body like a cup of water was poured on me hmm.. The mattress was soaked at different sections and I couldn't lie down on it again. The one that scared me most was that I observed that fluid came up into my mouth from my stomach and I rushed to go and spill it out, dehydration too, I kept drinking water and trying to stay alive.
By exactly 3am dot, they brought the light, I wasn't feeling happy because there was no morale for excitement anymore but I finally managed to sleep off, i woke up again as they took it by past 4 again till now. I sleep by 3 or 4 almost every night and I am feeling frustrated. I felt I should share it, I am tired, God please help me, I am always scared once the night approaches on daily basis.. The Government should help the masses with light and water for healthy living.

Bro yu Neva see nothing.

Visit Makurdi

Yu wud know why they don't pay salary
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by omooba969(m): 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2019
Halo22:
Mehn the situation is more than frustrating. Over here in Enugu, we keep buying water everyday even when water bodies surround us. If you fail to bathe at night, u are on ur own cos no guarantee that there would be light at nights. May God help us in this messed up country.

I thought your governor is the best governor of the year. grin

Keep voting the rogues into office ok...una suffering neva start. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by AHCB: 7:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
dominique:
It's the time of the year, make sure you drink plenty of water. Also try and get rechargeable fans to reduce the heat.
How Will You RECHARGE The Fan WITHOUT POWER?

7 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Viking007(m): 7:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
Yahoogirl:
Get a rechargeable fan. It will do you a lot of good. It's usually effective when new. Just prepare your mind to buy a new one after one year, but at least it would have served the purpose.

I've had this type of experience before. Mine was made worse by mosquitoes. I had to sleep in my car with the AC on till day break. Naija no easy at all. I have a friend who wants to relocate abroad solely cos of mosquitoes.
cheesy So I'm not alone. God have mercy on us.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by omooba969(m): 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
Angelparadise:

Have you taking your rations today?

Taken. grin

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Plolly(f): 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
Stocking:
Mtchww Better relocate back to your village
And u think u made sense

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by khattab008: 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
bimgo:
Must you stay at surulere? please relocate to mowe ibafo, ikorodu, oke aro, giwa, akute where you can receive fresh air .

Really?
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Jabioro: 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
dipopooo:

Good... Most people voted for him simply because of the promises he made and the so called integrity
Sitdown dey wait for useless govt promise make u know go find solution for your matter..let him get l beta pass my neighbor.dey wait u go tire.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Obatolysis(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
chocolateme:
Greetings to anyone reading this, please pardon my grammatical errors as I bare my heart in this write up. We live in a down floor flat in a three storeyed building and as you know how most compounds in Surulere is without space, ours is surrounded by other tall buildings so to get fresh air especially at night is zero possible.
The state Government has not been forthcoming with pipe borne water these days despite knowing how important water is to human life, the power supply company are making it harder too, you go to bed at night, you won't sleep well due excess heat, you won't see water to at least bath throughout the night to keep cool till morning.
This has been going on in our area in Surulere around Itire/Ishaga. Last night, I thought I was going to die oh God!! We have generator set but the engine is very faulty and very expensive to repair besides, we can't be spending money on fuel on daily basis coupled with the fact that there are other expenses at home to run.
Last night, I was awake till 3am dot, I kept fanning myself and sweating profusely, at a point, I felt I was loosing my breath, I stood up, laid down, sat down, I did everything I could to feel OK but to no avail, my hand was aching me too.
I slept off for about 12minutes only to suddenly jerk up from bed and feel sweat running down my face and body like a cup of water was poured on me hmm.. The mattress was soaked at different sections and I couldn't lie down on it again. The one that scared me most was that I observed that fluid came up into my mouth from my stomach and I rushed to go and spill it out, dehydration too, I kept drinking water and trying to stay alive.
By exactly 3am dot, they brought the light, I wasn't feeling happy because there was no morale for excitement anymore but I finally managed to sleep off, i woke up again as they took it by past 4 again till now. I sleep by 3 or 4 almost every night and I am feeling frustrated. I felt I should share it, I am tired, God please help me, I am always scared once the night approaches on daily basis.. The Government should help the masses with light and water for healthy living.
The heat last night was so terrible that I had to buy a rechargeable fan today
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by akinsdamie: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
Global warming everywhere.... its not only at night, in my place during the day too it is very hot due to the solar heat coming from the sun
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by dipopooo(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
Jabioro:
Sitdown dey wait for useless govt promise make u know go find solution for your matter..let him get l beta pass my neighbor.dey wait u go tire.

SMH
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by darkelf: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
wonder233:
Zombie spotted

Sorry, I don't mean to insult you bro but what exactly is wrong with what he said? Is he wrong? Can't you criticize without calling names? Has hatred for one another reduced we Nigerians to this extent?

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by bluefilm: 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
haryomikun:

I swear mehn. A stupid ass place

I dey tell you.

Very rubbish place. angry

I visited my uncle in ijesha. I could only feel so sorry for him. In my mind, the man was living in a slum.

This is a man who when him and his family comes for December, you'll be thinking they are coming from America.

I observed a similar situation even at oshodi. Everywhere was dirty with smelling gutters here and there.

On top of that, everywhere was also noisy.

I just told myself these people are all mad and they have no one to tell them.

Tufiakwa

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by samuelchimmy(m): 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
Move away from bad environments, move away from Lagos and enjoy fresh breeth for once

9 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
Different problem for different folks. We just had three straight days of continuous rain in Los Angeles. Most roads are messed up and full of potholes now.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Chefcarter(m): 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
Na Buhari cause am
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by abrahambest(m): 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
The heat is everywhere
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by AreaFada2: 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
Onechancearmy:

How have you managed to make it through life without a sense of shame? Should you even be commenting on a topic like this?

That maisuya guy Na clown. Nor take him seriously. Soon he will blame Dame Patience for it. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by pooozeee(m): 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
chocolateme:

Find another house in a more serene environment just like Lekki phase 1, or phase 2
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by tabithababy(f): 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
Obatolysis:

The heat last night was so terrible that I had to buy a rechargeable fan today

Which one and how much did you buy it?? Can it be charged with generator
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by samuelchimmy(m): 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
Albert0011:
My sister ur case is small compared to mine o...what of we that stays close to oil company,the gas flare alone can even suffocate you cuz it produces alot of heat.
where is that, and why would live close to a gas flaring factory....
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by dominique(f): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
wizzie001:
I had similar experience when I travelled to Makurdi some years back, saw a beautiful hotel around their modern market (name forgotten). Nice building, good furniture to name few, checked in without asking much questions. Left the hotel in the evening to go on sight seeing, then resumed back late around 10pm.

Man, no light, no reception in sight to vent my anger on, I just walked into my microwaved room dejected with my fone torch. Entered the bathroom to shower to atleast reduce my body temperature, alas no water shocked shocked, my legs nearly failed me coupled with alcoholic content in my system.

I was still in the bathroom thinking of what next to do when mosquitoes tune jeered me back into reality. Wore my clothes, carried my bag, went downstairs, told the 2 gatemen to open the gate for me, they refused shocked shocked, at this point, I was scared if i was not in ritualist den... It was already past 11, one of the security men nw said, Oga no vex, just manage till tomorrow, but we no go open this gate for you because it's late already and this area no dey safe!

Went back into the room, locked the door with all the available locks, pushed the chair to the back of the door, then waiting till when someone would come knocking, I didn't sleep all through that night with mosquitoes and heat having a field night and the fear of the unknown locked in my mind all night!

Rofl grin grin grin
What kind of hotel is that?
You need to make this a topic cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by bujebudanu1(m): 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2019
abrahambest:
The heat is everywhere

Go to VGC and let breeze make u sick.
Here in Abuja presently , we sleep with 24/hrs light and harmattan cold.

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Voy(m): 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2019
chocolateme:

the govt shld help?? Phewww... they’ll keep ignoring ur whole plea! #BornBastards; “no exemption provided ure corrupt”. Bunch of idiots #BOI
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by dominique(f): 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
AHCB:
How Will You RECHARGE The Fan WITHOUT POWER?

She never complained that her area doesn't have power did she, just not regular. About 3 hours of charging can last for most of the night.

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by normaman(m): 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
dipopooo:
You people are getting the result of what you voted for in 2015.....I remember this time 2015 most people were shouting Sai baba up and down. Here we are today nothing is working in Nigeria
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Viergeachar: 7:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
Memories12411:
This heat is everywhere. People living in Jos can bear witness.

Jos hot Are you okay

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Chinese Doctors 'Cure' Coronavirus Patient Using HIV Wonder Drugs / A Friend Needs A Help On His Leg Challenge (Graphics Photos) / Reasons Why You Should Change Your Under Wears Often - Marvejohndaily.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.