Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,942 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:59 AM

My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night (42151 Views)

My Cheap Way Of Dealing With Heat at Night / Massagers For Neck And Back With Heat For Sale At Micostarmall / Naipo Shiatsu Back And Neck Massager With Heat Deep Kneading Massage For Neck, B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by haryomikun(m): 7:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
bluefilm:

I dey tell you.

Very rubbish place. angry

I visited my uncle in ijesha. I could only feel so sorry for him. In my mind, the man was living in a slum.

This is a man who when him and his family comes for December, you'll be thinking they are coming from America.

I observed a similar situation even at oshodi. Everywhere was dirty with smelling gutters here and there.

On top of that, everywhere was also noisy.

I just told myself these people are all mad and they have no one to tell them.

Tufiakwa
I swear. Very dirty gutters. Lagos is one hell of a dirty place. That's what causes the mosquitoes here sef. No forests o. Only dirty gutters to bring them in

I stay in Lagos too tho lol. So I'm proudly one of the 'mad People'

This place has more opportunities by far than any other state in Nigeria. If you advancement in your career, just move here mehn

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by NigeriaB(m): 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2019
Memories12411:
This heat is everywhere. People living in Jos can bear witness.

Jos ke, lol..Jos is super cold rite now as I'm typing

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Slymonster(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
Lagos and light issues is terrible and on top that,they still bring useless bill. I am ashamed of people passing through all this for years with no changes and see them still standing on the queue to vote the same nuisance everytime....

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by ikorodureporta: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
Are u sayn you cannot manage I.B.P..M.N gen just to fan you @ night??

For your water, you should have a storage facility in yr house. How can you be waiting for light b4 you can use water??
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by DavidEsq(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Abuja is still very cold. Have to hug my blanket and pillow most nights.

Lagos is just a dump. Told myself long ago I won't wanna settle down in such chaotic state. How can one's life span no reduce with such stress?
I dey teh u! Abj cold die, no be here o! I just dey chill abeg. By end of January I go begin roast sha grin

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by omooba969(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
dipopooo:

Ooh I see òmòwé..... Where were you when fashola said stable power supply was not a rocket science? That we would enjoy stable power two years into their administration.

And you guys swallowed Raji Fashola's lies hook, line & sinker. grin

Nigerians are known to have short memories though...una mumu neva do wallahi fa.

Another chance to put things right on February 16smiley, just go ahead and vote for Buhari or Atiku ok. grin
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by carammel(f): 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
I dunno whether it is a must to live in that Lagos, yeye dey smell.

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by mammanbawa: 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
chocolateme:
Greetings to anyone reading this, please pardon my grammatical errors as I bare my heart in this write up. We live in a down floor flat in a three storeyed building and as you know how most compounds in Surulere is without space, ours is surrounded by other tall buildings so to get fresh air especially at night is zero possible.
The state Government has not been forthcoming with pipe borne water these days despite knowing how important water is to human life, the power supply company are making it harder too, you go to bed at night, you won't sleep well due excess heat, you won't see water to at least bath throughout the night to keep cool till morning.
This has been going on in our area in Surulere around Itire/Ishaga. Last night, I thought I was going to die oh God!! We have generator set but the engine is very faulty and very expensive to repair besides, we can't be spending money on fuel on daily basis coupled with the fact that there are other expenses at home to run.
Last night, I was awake till 3am dot, I kept fanning myself and sweating profusely, at a point, I felt I was loosing my breath, I stood up, laid down, sat down, I did everything I could to feel OK but to no avail, my hand was aching me too.
I slept off for about 12minutes only to suddenly jerk up from bed and feel sweat running down my face and body like a cup of water was poured on me hmm.. The mattress was soaked at different sections and I couldn't lie down on it again. The one that scared me most was that I observed that fluid came up into my mouth from my stomach and I rushed to go and spill it out, dehydration too, I kept drinking water and trying to stay alive.
By exactly 3am dot, they brought the light, I wasn't feeling happy because there was no morale for excitement anymore but I finally managed to sleep off, i woke up again as they took it by past 4 again till now. I sleep by 3 or 4 almost every night and I am feeling frustrated. I felt I should share it, I am tired, God please help me, I am always scared once the night approaches on daily basis.. The Government should help the masses with light and water for healthy living.
Why don't you get a rechargeable fan?
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Liliyann(f): 7:52pm On Jan 18, 2019
shege45:
lol yours is just heat. Mine is heat and mosquitoes. I almost cried two nights ago. If we don’t have light at night, I always feel depressed. I had to spray my room around 2am when I couldn’t take it any more. The heat too was unbearable. I just tire for this country

Try and use onion....just cut onion and place it beside your bed and corners in your room and watch how mosquito will run smiley
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Lekan1o1: 7:52pm On Jan 18, 2019
holuphisayor:
Go for solar, so you can use your fan at night.

How much does that stuff cost sef
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 18, 2019
chocolateme:
Greetings to anyone reading this, please pardon my grammatical errors as I bare my heart in this write up. We live in a down floor flat in a three storeyed building and as you know how most compounds in Surulere is without space, ours is surrounded by other tall buildings so to get fresh air especially at night is zero possible.
The state Government has not been forthcoming with pipe borne water these days despite knowing how important water is to human life, the power supply company are making it harder too, you go to bed at night, you won't sleep well due excess heat, you won't see water to at least bath throughout the night to keep cool till morning.
This has been going on in our area in Surulere around Itire/Ishaga. Last night, I thought I was going to die oh God!! We have generator set but the engine is very faulty and very expensive to repair besides, we can't be spending money on fuel on daily basis coupled with the fact that there are other expenses at home to run.
Last night, I was awake till 3am dot, I kept fanning myself and sweating profusely, at a point, I felt I was loosing my breath, I stood up, laid down, sat down, I did everything I could to feel OK but to no avail, my hand was aching me too.
I slept off for about 12minutes only to suddenly jerk up from bed and feel sweat running down my face and body like a cup of water was poured on me hmm.. The mattress was soaked at different sections and I couldn't lie down on it again. The one that scared me most was that I observed that fluid came up into my mouth from my stomach and I rushed to go and spill it out, dehydration too, I kept drinking water and trying to stay alive.
By exactly 3am dot, they brought the light, I wasn't feeling happy because there was no morale for excitement anymore but I finally managed to sleep off, i woke up again as they took it by past 4 again till now. I sleep by 3 or 4 almost every night and I am feeling frustrated. I felt I should share it, I am tired, God please help me, I am always scared once the night approaches on daily basis.. The Government should help the masses with light and water for healthy living.

Possibly solution

Revolution, help kick out incompetent government both state & fed level.

Relocate to a more rural area or an estate with good landscaping.

It costs less than 100k to get an inverter with a battery, which will be enough to power ur room with all ur gadgets except a fridge

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Yewandequeen(f): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2019
Honestly i was just telling a someone now that i do really feel for those that don't have steady power supply or rechargeable fans to alternate to when there is no light cry. The heat is really much even with steady light and 2fans in my room, i can still feel it not to then talk of those that don't. cry

I will just advise anyone who can afford rechargeable to get one, charge on generator in absence of phcn light so you can use all through the night.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Ray07(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2019
Memories12411:
no heat here o
A lit bit cold . . .
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by mightyhazell: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
AceGeraci:
Come over to Jos. Nature will treat you so fine.
what about the herdsmen?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by buchai: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
the poorest countries in Africa are enjoying life i mean enjoyment yaanfu bokwu plenty they have light they have water they may not have good roads but they have government and they respect people in authorities and things are working for them Nigeria is opposite of these countries.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by whitering: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
Don't vote any party that won't provide sustainable social amenities. I advise you move to the island like Lekki axis. Mainland is damn crowed.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Albert0011(m): 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
samuelchimmy:
where is that, and why would live close to a gas flaring factory....
Oil company i mean to say in Delta state ukwuani
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by dipopooo(m): 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
omooba969:

And you guys swallowed Raji Fashola's lies hook, line & sinker. grin

Nigerians are known to have short memories though...una mumu neva do wallahi fa.

Another chance to put things right on February 16smiley, just go ahead and vote for Buhari or Atiku ok. grin

As if I voted for them
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by islandmoon: 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
it shall not be well for all the politilootcian in Nigeria
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by AceGeraci: 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
mightyhazell:
what about the herdsmen?
what you read in the news is not always the case.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Chukazu: 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
But I tot Fashola said that light has improved, that Nigerians no longer require Gen set?
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Yewandequeen(f): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
Jiang:

Possibly solution

Revolution, help kick out incompetent government both state & fed level.

Relocate to a more rural area or an estate with good landscaping.

It costs less than 100k to get an inverter with a battery, which will be enough to power ur room with all ur gadgets except a fridge
not everyone can afford that 100k its quite high, getting rechargeable fan is still a better and affordable option.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by papyskinsy: 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
I stay on OAU campus where we have light 24/7 no kidding ask anyone dat skls around there.. I can't imagine we not having light.. de heat is really crazy here in ife.. buh de major problem now is water.. dis is really bad.. water na gold fr here.. lol.. cheesy
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by mightyhazell: 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
AceGeraci:
what you read in the news is not always the case.
even the pictures?
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by omooba969(m): 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2019
lordsrest:
It's not time to sleep yet, but I'm already worried.
Thanks to midnight bath, whenever I wake up and I feel like I can't take it anymore, straight to the bathroom o. The heat is too much, but we thank God for Life.

Y'all deserve the politicians you get...lolcheesy

Keep Atikulating & Buharilizing, una mumu neva do. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by fuckboys: 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2019
Lol, I can't relate with you like WTF?, I've never slept without light before in my life. We switch between generator/nepa/solar inverter installation for 24hrs electricity all year long

Besides the cold here in Kano now no be here, everybody is still going around with sweaters and long coats

Check Google for weather in Kano if you think say I dey lie, I even sleep with blankets
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by czarina(f): 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2019
Memories12411:
Not true. Its freezing cold where I am.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by bluefilm: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
haryomikun:

I swear. Very dirty gutters. Lagos is one hell of a dirty place. That's what causes the mosquitoes here sef. No forests o. Only dirty gutters to bring them in

I stay in Lagos too tho lol. So I'm proudly one of the 'mad People'

This place has more opportunities by far than any other state in Nigeria. If you advancement in your career, just move here mehn

Abeg make una carry that una nonsense opportunity dey go sef sad

Which kain opportunity be dat one?

Pesin go dey wake up leave house two hours before time to avoid lateness due to traffic na dat one you dey call opportunity?

Tufiakwa.

Pesin go buy car im no go fit use am flex small because of traffic, naim be opportunity?

Nwanne Biko forget dat thing.

I rep 042 now and forever.

11 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by omooba969(m): 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
dipopooo:

As if I voted for them

Lol cheesy una suffer suffer still dey apply Mary Kay for face. grin

Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by MARKETfund: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
xynerise:
The sun today was just unbearable.

Pa Antelope yours is understandable.
Old age is having it's tollcheesygrin

On the topic, Abuja surprisingly is cold. Haven't switched on my AC since November. Heck can't tell where the remote is. It gets colder from midnight here and me and heat no dey parlay o
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
chocolateme:

And serious cold is killing me somewhere in Nigeria. I can't remember the last time I turned the fan on
Re: My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night by czarina(f): 8:01pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ray07:
no heat here o
A lit bit cold . . .
lil bit? It's very cold!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Chinese Doctors 'Cure' Coronavirus Patient Using HIV Wonder Drugs / A Friend Needs A Help On His Leg Challenge (Graphics Photos) / Reasons Why You Should Change Your Under Wears Often - Marvejohndaily.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.