Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

"Everybody Spies On Opponents" - Man City Boss Pep Guardiola - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Everybody Spies On Opponents" - Man City Boss Pep Guardiola (329 Views)

BREAKING; Man City Boss, Pep Guardiola Losses Mother To Corona Virus / 2018 FIFA World Cup: Super Eagles Group D Opponents Croatia, Iceland Lose Friend / Profiles Of Nigeria's Opponents At The 2018 Russia World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Everybody Spies On Opponents" - Man City Boss Pep Guardiola by Sportdab(m): 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
Manchester City Coach Pep Guardiola has admitted he spied on opponents when coaching abroad but would never deploy staff to do such in the Premier League.

MySportDab report Guardiola confirmed 'everybody' spies on their next opposition in foreign countries.

The Spanish manager suggested cultural differences dictate the practice is not prevalent in Britain after the furore surrounding Marcelo Bielsa's tactics at Leeds United.

"In other countries everyone does it. I don't know, it's more difficult here, but in other countries everybody does it," Guardiola said.

"In other countries, they are open, at Bayern Munich there were people with cameras watching what we do.

"It's the culture at other clubs, now or in the future it's part of the club. I'm not going to do it here, I'm not going to send anyone to spy on Huddersfield."

Derby boss Frank Lampard was critical of Bielsa for sending a spy to try and watch their final training session before the Elland Road fixture a week ago.

"No, my respect remains the same. He was clear in his statement, he's done it in the past, why should i change my opinion? I understand Frank Lampard too."

"No manager around the world works with this information, they analyse one or two games," the City boss said.

"In the world he's unique but the most important thing I learned about what he said was that football belongs to the players, theymake the difference, that's what I agree with most over what he said."

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/01/spies-on-opponents-man-city-boss-pep.html

cc: Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Football Or Wrestling? Player Performs WWE Move On Opponent In EPL Match / Isreal Adesanya Vs Anderson Silva: Nigeria Is Waiting. / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.