Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" (49766 Views)

Guys My Life Don't Change / "I Am The most Beautiful Girl In The World" - Teni Replies Bodyshamers / Teni Graduates From The University of Georgia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Ishilove: 12:59am On Jan 19, 2019
rahazaqa:
You must be naive if "Uyo Meyo" does not have a deeper meaning to you, or her freestyle in the studio with Phyno, songs that makes people cry and sing with passion. You may not like her but this your post is the most senseless i have seen about her.

Even her freestyle alone makes people go emotional. She is very versatile, she sings Pop, Dance, Rnb, she is the best freestylist at this moment, she is best at everything she does, this is not exaggeration. Someone that writes for Davido, someone Wizkid respects alot and posts about?, infact most 9ja artists respects her alot, most Nigeria Celeb are found on her page time to time filled with impression.

You must be mistaken Teni for someone else. Go to his instagram and find out yourself.

CC Ishilove, try and listen to her pop like Askamaya, Case, Fake jersey and the one with Dr. Dolor, the girl is the face of Hip-Pop in Nigeria right now.
Askamaya! Ah yes, the 'background noise' song whose name I was trying to remember.

Naptu2

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by safarigirl(f): 1:02am On Jan 19, 2019
Mariangeles:
Of course good music has definition .
Good music is defined by sensible lyrics backed up with sweet melody and you will know it when you hear it even if you don't like it !
not all music has lyrics, so, you will say music is not good because there are no lyrics in them?

Sweet melody is also subjective. Good music is anything that can raise your spirits or calm you, it is anything that can make you laugh or cry, anything that can control your emotions. That is good music, lyrics or not, good lyrics or bad lyrics.....but once again, I tell you, just because Nigerans are used to listening to trash, they think anything that sounds slightly better is good music..

Go to South Africa and ask them if they think there is anything good about "cuz my papa no be Dangote or Adeleke, but we go dey okay"or even remotely intelligent, is it "I go go Oshodi, for your case, I go slap agbero for your case, I go call MC Oluomo, I go report all of them" does that sound reasonable to you? Is that what you call good music with good lyrics?

I repeat, Niniola is a better artiste than Teni. Johnny Drille, Simi, they are better than her, but it is all subjective. Some people can listen to somebody screaming and that is good music to them, if you hear metallic rock, I wonder what you would call it grin

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Ishilove: 1:02am On Jan 19, 2019
Horiolah:

how person wey dey support peruzzi go say we don lose our sense of true artistry?? chai
I don't even know who the fvck Peruzzi is. All these modern day chewing gum noisemakers sef
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Ishilove: 1:04am On Jan 19, 2019
safarigirl:
not all music has lyrics, so, you will say music is not good because there are no lyrics in them?

Sweet melody is also subjective. Good music is anything that can raise your spirits or calm you, it is anything that can make you laugh or cry, anything that can control your emotions. That is good music, lyrics or not, good lyrics or bad lyrics.....but once again, I tell you, just because Nigerans are used to listening to trash, they think anything that sounds slightly better is good music..

Go to South Africa and ask them if they think there is anything good about "cuz my papa no be Dangote or Adeleke, but we go dey okay"or even remotely intelligent, is it "I go go Oshodi, for your case, I go slap agbero for your case, I go call MC Oluomo, I go report all of them" does that sound reasonable to you? Is that what you call good music with good lyrics?

I repeat, Niniola is a better artiste than Teni. Johnny Drille, Simi, they are better than her, but it is all subjective. Some people can listen to somebody screaming and that is good music to them, if you hear metallic rock, I wonder what you would call it grin
Finally, someone with some sense. I thought almost everyone had been bewitched into admiring mediocre lyrics

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 19, 2019
modath:

I'm always happy anytime I see anyone that likes Cynthia Morgan....I feel bad for here cos she's clearly in the wrong country...
It's a pity she's gone irrelevant.
I miss her music badly.
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by safarigirl(f): 1:08am On Jan 19, 2019
Ishilove:

Askamaya! Ah yes, the 'background noise' song whose name I was trying to remember.

Naptu2
grin grin

The guy said Teni does Dance music, does he know what Dance music is? Nigerians go just dey talk anything wey sweet them for body. He added that she writes for Davido, she wrote Like That, I was not impressed. The lyrics were "Hennessy to your body, like that...." undecided makes no sense

I like Teni and some of her songs. I like to call then singalongs, because you can sing along to them, but Teni does not do the Dance genre and as far as I'm concerned, she has never sang any song that can give me goosebumps.

She just does feel good songs and thankfully has lyrics that don't sound like they were written by someone with a speech impairment, but good lyrics and good music? Far reach, Niniola has better music to me.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Ishilove: 1:14am On Jan 19, 2019
bukatyne:

From youtube by awe oluwaseun:

Ondo Language: Uyo meyo leun osan okan mio e

Yoruba Translation: Ayo ni moyo lori ohun to dara, ode ti wa kan mi

English Translation: I celebrate what is good, not just for me but for others, but now is my turn to celebrate

I would translate to: Because I rejoiced with others, now good things are mine.
Don't you just love Ondo language? I served there and only began to understand the language at the tail end of my service year.

The language is so... lyrical and a pleasure to listen to. I usually went to eavesdrop whenever the locals quarreled because it sounded like the "bush village theater" version of a Broadway musical grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Ishilove: 1:17am On Jan 19, 2019
safarigirl:
grin grin

The guy said Teni does Dance music, does he know what Dance music is? Nigerians go just dey talk anything wey sweet them for body.

I like Teni and some of her songs. I like to call then singalongs, because you can sing along to them, but Teni does not do the Dance genre and as far as I'm concerned, she has never sang any song that can give me goosebumps.

She just does feel good songs and thankfully has lyrics that don't sound like they were written by someone with a speech impairment, but good lyrics and good music? Far reach, Niniola has better music to me.
This Askamaya is one of those songs that suddenly jerk you out a reverie and make you exclaim-"what is that noise!"

I've listened to just three of her songs and so far, it's only this Uyo Meyo song that is halfway decent, in my very humble opinion.
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by safarigirl(f): 1:21am On Jan 19, 2019
Ishilove:

This Askamaya is one of those songs that suddenly jerk you out a reverie and make you exclaim-"what is that noise!"

I've listened to just three of her songs and so far, it's only this Uyo Meyo song that is halfway decent, in my very humble opinion.
i liked Fargin, even though I couldn't understand parts of it, it was nice and I liked the message. Case on the other hand, just seems like something kids coukd sing along to, nothing exceptional, I haven't heard Uyo meyo.

Askamaya is just there......however, everythinf Niniola has released, I love. And she does South African house music, but it is exceptional. They love her in SA, I doubt they are familiar with Teni

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Ishilove: 1:24am On Jan 19, 2019
safarigirl:
i liked Fargin, even though I couldn't understand parts of it, it was nice and I liked the message. Case on the other hand, just seems like something kids coukd sing along to, nothing exceptional, I haven't heard Uyo meyo.

Askamaya is just there......however, everythinf Niniola has released, I love. And she does South African house music, but it is exceptional. They love her in SA, I doubt they are familiar with Teni
'Kids song along to... '

End of story. I can't be singing along to nursery rhymes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by weezweezweez(m): 1:31am On Jan 19, 2019
Ishilove:
It seems I'm the only one who thinks she's overrated
God bless u.....

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Mariangeles(f): 1:34am On Jan 19, 2019
safarigirl:

To cut the long story short, Teni is good.
Whether you agree with or not is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 19, 2019
Ishilove:

Naptu2
No background noise in Askamaya, something must be wrong with your phone speaker or you downloaded from all these crap,py music site. You can get a better phone or download from site like naijaloaded, notjust ok and co.

Why are you calling Naptu2?
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by PythonAmaka: 2:01am On Jan 19, 2019
safarigirl:

Scribble down a few lyrics of Niniola's as you did Teni's and do us a comparison.

I quote you; That's good music, lyrics or not, good lyrics or bad lyrics .. Impliedly, good music could be fussed in bad lyrics... Who thinks this crudely

python amaka
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by mhizsuzzy(f): 2:34am On Jan 19, 2019
anochuko01:
na so phyno go spoil her song untop say e wan rap nonsense.

that song woulda been lit with a slower tempo

I tot I was the only person that noticed it
in that music " Pray"

But the song is kinda good for Igbo cultural dance. Pulled out some crazy moves with it grin
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by mhizsuzzy(f): 2:38am On Jan 19, 2019
Ishilove:

I.don't think so...she has a unique voice type that is rare shaa

Have you listened to uyo meyo and askamaya?
Just try it and then come back and check out

Remember listen to the music with headphone/ Earpiece, don't listen to it out loud
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Toybreezy: 4:38am On Jan 19, 2019
anochuko01:
na so phyno go spoil her song untop say e wan rap nonsense.

that song woulda been lit with a slower tempo

Can't you forgive grin
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by anochuko01(m): 5:52am On Jan 19, 2019
rapboss:

See idiot, Phyno wey make am blow sef!!!
Go an check that music is a hit!!!
Olodo!!!
teni needs nobody for her music to ''blow''!!! especially a rapper like phyno. MI woulda done justice to that song. even reminisce or lord of ajasa.
BTW, 98% of people that have quoted me agree with what I said. So we know who the olodo is.
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by chinchum(m): 7:08am On Jan 19, 2019
safarigirl:

Listen to Uyo Meyo, great lyrics . It is the best so far from her.
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by alex81(m): 7:10am On Jan 19, 2019
Horiolah:

how person wey dey support peruzzi go say we don lose our sense of true artistry?? chai
As in eh, the thing weak me too.

Out of all artists, Peruzi! Lol grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by davealvaro: 7:14am On Jan 19, 2019
Teni sounds like Asa. she is amazing
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by ifyboy60(m): 7:27am On Jan 19, 2019
Ishilove:

It's a relief to know that there are still people who recognise REAL music

real music from the likes of Lil Kesh abi.
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by AmKen(m): 7:44am On Jan 19, 2019
Valerie47:
She need to change her body by slimming down, I saw her throwback, she was cute when she was slim. Fat make people ugly.
My exact thought though.
But her voice is quite good.
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by diadem10: 8:30am On Jan 19, 2019
Tbh, that case song is just there although it's good but uyo meyo is a banger. I think uyo meyo is her best. It's good that Teni, Simi, Tiwa, Yemi are all making waves in male dominated music industry.

Tiwa remains my best among them all.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Pekele007: 8:42am On Jan 19, 2019
Mariangeles:
...then you don't know good music
what do you know about good music?
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Mariangeles(f): 8:49am On Jan 19, 2019
Pekele007:

what do you know about good music?
Read on, you'd find out .
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Meliian(f): 11:01am On Jan 19, 2019
Ishilove:

Ah! At last. I no know wey people see for this Teni yo? But anyhow, I've ever only listened to "for your case"
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Meliian(f): 11:02am On Jan 19, 2019
Valerie47:
She need to change her body by slimming down, I saw her throwback, she was cute when she was slim. Fat make people ugly.

She does have a really pretty face.
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Meliian(f): 11:03am On Jan 19, 2019
diadem10:
Tbh, that case song is just there although it's good but uyo meyo is a banger. I think uyo meyo is her best. It's good that Teni, Simi, Tiwa, Yemi are all making waves in male dominated music industry.

Tiwa remains my best among them all.

She's their mother na.
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by doyinisaac(m): 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2019
Isn't it ironic that someone who is saying that people that hype teni do not know good music yet the same person is claiming niniola is better,,just mention one song by niniola that has meaningful lyrics or sensible message....shey u think good music is by shaking big ass....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Princess Shyngle Steals Lulu Simmons Body And Passed It Off As Hers, Gets Caught / 10 Most Popular Celebrities Who Made It Without University Degrees / Toke Makinwa: "My Pussy Is Worth More Than N50 Million"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.