Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Beautiful Bride Frowns On Her Wedding Day. Goes Viral - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beautiful Bride Frowns On Her Wedding Day. Goes Viral (63191 Views)

A Nairalander Takes A Beautiful Bride / Beautiful Prewedding Pic As A Nairalander Takes His Beautiful Bride To The Altar / Video Of An ashawô twerking On A Yahoo Boy For cash On Valentines Day Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Bride Frowns On Her Wedding Day. Goes Viral by rOsy247(f): 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2019
Na them. I was expecting it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Bride Frowns On Her Wedding Day. Goes Viral by shoeswarehouse(f): 4:11pm On Jan 19, 2019
It's her day, her choice to smile or not, let her be

Shoes ready to be sent to your doorstep, pay on delivery within Lagos. check my signature to see the thread and pictures of some of our collections. Free delivery for most parts of Lagos.
Re: Beautiful Bride Frowns On Her Wedding Day. Goes Viral by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
aboki people,dats there way......always giving out there daughters to older men they haven't met before..and if she refuses she dies
What is aboki?
Re: Beautiful Bride Frowns On Her Wedding Day. Goes Viral by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2019
olyrayy:
I think we should all be careful before we condemn arranged marriages. The other alternative to arranged marriages is for boys and girls to strike out on their own in order to find true love. However, a necessary side effect of this is the dating game filled with players, heartbreaks and the friendzone. In the end, it leaves most people involved in the dating game heartbroken, manipulating, and scheming in order to get love.

On the other hand, while arranged marriages might not have love in the beginning, over time the husband and wife in an arranged marriage can develop their love for each other. Besides, this is the status quo considering that even when people marry the man/woman of their dreams, the love eventually whittles down and marriage becomes a grudging duty that people have to put up with.

A good case in point is the high rate of divorce in the Western world and the sadness it brings to everyone involved, including the man, woman and children.

In conclusion, let's think deep and hard before we jump to condemning our culture.

Warris this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Bride Frowns On Her Wedding Day. Goes Viral by mekusmanuel(f): 7:49pm On Jan 19, 2019
Maybe she is immersed with thoughtful idaes about the post-wedding life. Lmao
Re: Beautiful Bride Frowns On Her Wedding Day. Goes Viral by olyrayy(m): 7:59pm On Jan 19, 2019
henriettttta:

Warris this one saying?

I know I spoke in high-level language, but I can't really break it down for you. If you are having a hard time, do check the dictionary. Alternatively, you can ask me for further explanations on words/phrases that are causing you difficulty. Thanks.
Re: Beautiful Bride Frowns On Her Wedding Day. Goes Viral by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Bride Frowns On Her Wedding Day. Goes Viral by crackerspub: 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
Forced marriage. She was given out even before dem born her undecided.

How far

Boys can't see far only men do

Enjoy your Chelsea lol
Re: Beautiful Bride Frowns On Her Wedding Day. Goes Viral by olyrayy(m): 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2019
henriettttta:

It's your kind of people that sell off their daughters for one grain of rice
The lady clearly doesn't want the marriage with that man yet they forced her
I don't see how that marriage will be a joyful one for her in the years to come

P.S. It's not "our culture"... it's "Your" culture

Let me make it clear to you how the marriage could be a joyful one for her in future... With this kind of marriage, the emotional attachment starts at rockbottom. Meaning that she doesn't expect much from it. In essence, this means that when good things happen to the marriage, she'll be quite taken aback and would really appreciate it.

Compare this to a "free marriage" where the lady expects sunshines and rainbows. Only to discover that marriage is hard work and not all it appears to be. Like the saying goes, all women want a wedding, not a marriage.

Like I've already stated, a good case in point is the divorce rate in the west. Also note that about 70 percent of divorces are initiated by women. That's to tell you how happy they have become in their "free marriages".

I'm actually not a Northerner, so it's not my culture per se. I just like to view things from the perspective of the other side.

Finally, I see you're a lady... if you've been in the dating game for a while, you'll know that it comes with a lot of baggage and heartbreaks that no one expects. This applies to both male and female participants of the dating game.

Hope you get my point now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Life Of A Girl In The Friend-zone *HILARIOUS PICTURES* / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Nigerians React As Man Marries Lady He Met On Twitter (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.