Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Makurdi Hotel In October - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Makurdi Hotel In October (30419 Views)

Federal Govt Completes Dualisation Of 220km Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia-Makurdi Road / Scores Killed In Road Accident Along Abuja-makurdi Road (photos) / Lady Who Was Set To Wed In October Crushed By Truck In Ajah (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by drake2(m): 10:39pm On Jan 25, 2019
wizzie001:
This thread was inspired by the lady who shared her experience a while ago about the heat she experienced all night in Surulere.

I had a similar experience some years back when I went to Makurdi on a routine check to supervise a project. I got to Makurdi late, so was going through the modern market road when I saw a beautiful hotel, I quickly checked in, good structure, nice furniture, neat environment and security men on standby just to mention few.

As I was being lead to my room, I saw beautiful ladies descending the steps chattering and singing, at that point I gave a sigh of relief that I'm in the right place.
My room was much spacious And every necessary gadgets for a standard room was in place with good smell. when I was left alone, i checked everywhere as thats a normal routine to avoid story that touch the heart, then later Checked into the rest room and got refreshed.

Without wasting much time, my trauma began when I tried calling the kitchen and I discovered the intercom wasn't connected, well I decided I should seize that opportunity to go on sight seeing of the environment. I really did survey the area and relaxed in some cool spot where I took 2 bottles of my usual beer and a plate of noodles as dinner.

Then i retired back to my hotel around 10pm, was I in the wrong place? The compound was dark and quiet like mortuary, I came down and ask the securities personels why there was no light, they were just mumbling inaudible things, I just left them and headed for the reception visibly angry with the aid of my phone camera to vent my anger on the receptionist. Alas, everywhere was empty and no receptionist in sight, no voice to atleast give me succor that rapture hasn't taken place.

Well, I retired back into my microwaved room, tried to open the window and realized there was no net, I ain't risking invasion of mosquitoes, I prefer heat to mosquito bite, I quickly close the window. Went to the rest room to take a shower. Alas, no water shocked, which kind wahala be this? See how I take use my hand buy trouble! I was lost in thought when the tune of mosquito jeered me back to reality.

Okay I've had enough, I wore my clothes, carried my bag and headed downstairs, it was almost 11pm at this point, I ordered the securities to open the gate, I realized they didn't even bulge, I repeated same command, Oga abeg open gate make I comot, no response. Now several thoughts started running through my mind, what if this place is a ritualist den in disguise, if I start screaming who will come to my aid as it was obvious I was the only guest that night. I was still deep in thought when the voice came, Oga no vex, we no go open this gate for you as its late already and this area is very dangerous to drive at night. shocked

I bolted back into my room with trepidation, locked the door with every available locks attached to it, I pushed the chair at the back of the door and ready for whoever that will come to say I should open. I started praying silently and reflecting on how I found myself in this avoidable mess. That was the longest night of my life as I was up all night sweating and mosquitoes feasting on my blood.

Moral of the story: Not all that glitter is gold, always endeavour to look before leaping!

Let me apologize for laughing while i read your story. Your rendition of the experience was reminiscent of a few experiences i have had myself. Mosquitoes, no water, no intercom, sudden emergence of prostitutes every where; name it.

Nature of my work then required traveling and working in rural communities. In Benue at Zakibiam, I had a hellish experience in a hotel bearing all the indices you mentioned above. The following morning i was so confused and dysfunctional, didn't close my eyes at all in the longest mosquito infested night of my life. These days I travel with my Anti mosquito flits oh.

Sorry for your experience!. lol

5 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by annyberry: 10:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
adonainana:
This story get comma inside ooo, how come when you lodged into the hotel you didnt notice the missing net and windows, how can a hotel be beautiful in the day and suddenly at night has no facilities.

The girls that were singing on the stairs when you first entered, how come they were no longer there again. Maybe the generator became faulty and the lights went off hence the sudden appearance of mosquitoes. cos this your story get K leg oooooo.
u av to believe him, I av lodge in a hotel were d gen was switched off by 11pm,i had to come outside to talk natural breeze it was terrible dat day.......

3 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by adonainana: 10:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
Twoclans:
Customer service is at an all time low in Nigeria .People take alot of things for granted in this country.

Your experience is not out of the ordinary, Most hotels are struggling to stay afloat due to the harsh economic realities in Nigeria so you see some of them practicing unimaginable things just to survive.

Power is a huge problem for the average business man in Nigeria,if you don't do your calculations well honestly you will just be working for PHCN.

Very true, speaking from experience it costd on average 5,000 naira to run a hotel every night whether there is one or 20 guests. And this is just fuel alone. So now imagine if the hotel now only has one booking which costs just abt 5,000 naira. Wont the hotel switch off its generator to save money and fuel ? Of course it would. Buhari has finished this economy

3 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Macgreat(m): 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
cheesy
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by adonainana: 10:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
annyberry:
u av to believe him, I av lodge in a hotel were d gen was switched off by 11pm,i had to come outside to talk natural breeze it was terrible dat day.......

Being a hotel manager myself i can relate to this actually, its because of profitability ooo, it costs money to run a hotel everyday whether you have guests or not. So back in the times we used to switch off our generator to save fuel and pray Nepa brings light. It even became worse during the recession in 2016, omo this times ehn, some customers would even want to come and fight us for the remaining of their change the next morning

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by annyberry: 10:52pm On Jan 25, 2019
adonainana:

Being a hotel manager myself i can relate to this actually, its because of profitability ooo, it costs money to run a hotel everyday whether you have guests or not. So back in the times we used to switch off our generator to save fuel and pray Nepa brings light. It even became worse during the recession in 2016, omo this times ehn, some customers would even want to come and fight us for the remaining of their change the next morning
is bad I swear, I was shocked dat faithful day, had to tye d curtains as if I was In my house,bath to con talk breeze....... I talk nawa tire dat day......

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Bambambiglo: 10:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
nkwuocha:

Blocking the high way?Even a thief in Benue do it just for being a worthless child.Benue propl na yam and goat them dey thief na.Ir better still wood/timber.
Wetin again una dey thief?You go see Benue guy carry gun say na wood him go thief grin grin grin ;DMumu
How many times have your father retaliated the mass rape of your mothers and sisters?Oh wait una think say because say ya papa follow hausa people fight Igbo be say una go go free?
With HIV dropping you guys like flies and fulani slicing you guys like yam,una go soon be community kindred.

All this gibberish still no stop your sisters from coming to do ashawo work in Benue for peanuts.

Shameless hopeless people, na we deal with una during the civil war and if your coward leaders still push una go another stupid war na we go still clear una doubts MUMU!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Hoodbilonia: 11:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
u in hell n xpctn to say the lords prayer

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by twinskenny(m): 11:03pm On Jan 25, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
Building a hotel turned out to be status symbol for some people. The average lifespan of a hotel in Nigeria is five years. If it remains fully functional after five years, then it will be ok.

How Queens Suites went from 100 to 0 in a very short time is disheartening.
/
you just speak my mind brother.. most hotels don't even last two years... bad management and all.. queen was the toast of the town back then..
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by mechanics(m): 11:04pm On Jan 25, 2019
Lolz, you should have asked questions like is there light in the hotel and if no light, will they on generator, I have been to hotels and have not regretted staying in any of them, because I do ask questions.

3 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Sagay212: 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
You checked in, looked around to avoid stories that touch the heart, then proceeded to the restroom to get REFRESHED... You need to explain to us what you mean by refresh...probably poo poo and shower?

Wetin you use shower? All of a sudden for night water nor dey tap again? Well whatever the case is, you have learnt your lesson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by nkwuocha: 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2019
Bambambiglo:

All this gibberish still no stop your sisters from coming to do ashawo work in Benue for peanuts.

Shameless hopeless people, na we deal with una during the civil war and if your coward leaders still push una go another stupid war na we go still clear una doubts MUMU!

Na una dey give them HIV abi? grin grin grin
Do you know that Benue receives the highest number if free Gold circle condoms? But not surprised when you guys wake up Fu.. cking, sleeping while Fu...cking and digging out yams while untop if woman cheesy
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wanger50(m): 11:33pm On Jan 25, 2019
nkwuocha:
Lol

You went to Benue glorified village and you're expecting a Sheraton treatment?Have you been to their laison office in Abuja?It's like a mortuary.Try enter their toilet and you realize that even roaches can have thick laps.

If not for ND oil,Benue state,Kogi and some core northern state should be used as quarantine facilities to test strange outbreaks.
I'm surprise at the number of likes your hate speech has attracted. The problem with u guys in the ND is your misleading believe that no society is able to survive without oil.What works for the North is their relative honesty and commitment. Have you ever asked yourself why arid States in Nigeria like Gombe,Jigawa among others have more greener cities than say Port Harcourt or Warri?Now imagine story:OP didn't even brother telling us the name of the hotel. What's more, he didn't enquire how many hours of light before paying

4 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by nkwuocha: 11:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
wanger50:
I'm surprise at the number of likes your hate speech has attracted. The problem with u guys in the ND is your misleading believe that no society is able to survive without oil.What works for the North is their relative honesty and commitment. Have you ever asked yourself why arid States in Nigeria like Gombe,Jigawa among others have more greener cities than say Port Harcourt or Warri?

Greener cities with empty stomachs?No industries and manufacturing companies?
Let the country be divided ir better still be regionalized and see how they will fare.

The op doesn't need to explain further...Benue like many other worthless states in Nigeria are just standing as clogs....If I have the means I will divide this frustrated entity with a kitchen knife if it was that easy.
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by alphaNomega: 11:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
adonainana:

It is not easy.
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wanger50(m): 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
bayocanny:

You want to refund him?
He must have been a fool not to ask about how long they have light there and for refusing to tell us the name of the hotel,he is just a cheap liar
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by doctore212(m): 12:06am On Jan 26, 2019
Lodged in a hotel in Aba, the receptionist gave me sniper and a stick. And I asked her why. She said incase iff I see snake then I could use the stick and sniper for bedbug. Did I forget the London made rat catcher. Terrible

7 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by galaxi(m): 12:42am On Jan 26, 2019
doctore212:
Lodged in a hotel in Aba, the receptionist gave me sniper and a stick. And I asked her why. She said incase iff I see snake then I could use the stick and sniper for bedbug. Did I forget the London made rat catcher. Terrible
Big lie,name the hotel!
And i will prove you wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by alezzy13: 5:48am On Jan 26, 2019
doctore212:

grin sad

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by alezzy13: 5:53am On Jan 26, 2019
But let's be realistic. OP is just trying to display his writing skills.

I've stayed in many states in Nigeria and can say for a fact that what he described, if true, is not peculiar to Makurdi.

Notice he didn't tell us the price or the name. Fact is you can't pay less 3k for a room and expect royal treatment, esp for alternative light which is usually the biggest budget for most of them.

If you really wanted solid treatment, should have gone to Doo palace, hallidays, Benue hotels and the like.
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by DavidEsq(m): 6:16am On Jan 26, 2019
azpekuliar:
Would it do you any harm if you told us the name of this hotel? undecided
Hep me ask am o angry. E jus dey run mouth like bad tap
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Equal2DeTask(m): 6:33am On Jan 26, 2019
nkwuocha:
Lol

You went to Benue glorified village and you're expecting a Sheraton treatment?Have you been to their laison office in Abuja?It's like a mortuary.Try enter their toilet and you realize that even roaches can have thick laps.

If not for ND oil,Benue state,Kogi and some core northern state should be used as quarantine facilities to test strange outbreaks.

see finishing
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Bambambiglo: 7:15am On Jan 26, 2019
nkwuocha:

Na una dey give them HIV abi? grin grin grin
Do you know that Benue receives the highest number if free Gold circle condoms? But not surprised when you guys wake up Fu.. cking, sleeping while Fu...cking and digging out yams while untop if woman cheesy

Senseless yarns. Igbos wey no dey go school still get mind open mouth dey talk.

Its not by using spare part business to cover up ritual money. We all know why igbos no dey ever miss new year for village

All of una na ritualists and time go come, thunder go fire you all.
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Bambambiglo: 7:38am On Jan 26, 2019
Equal2DeTask:

see finishing

Where's the finishing in that ignorant post? As you no get sense
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by bigiyaro(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2019
nkwuocha:
Lol

na so madness dey carry start. And this same ND is the most backward part of the country, 80% wrecthed fishermen and the rest are cultists, militants and lazy youths. i hope you monkeys have contained the monkey pox.
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 8:21am On Jan 26, 2019
pocohantas:
How much you pay?

It was a 7k room, I bargained 6k
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 8:25am On Jan 26, 2019
azpekuliar:
Would it do you any harm if you told us the name of this hotel? undecided

I can't remember the name anymore, even if i do, I wouldn't give it away. That's another man source of income and I believe they must have improved on service delivery!

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 8:30am On Jan 26, 2019
Castroii:
Since you didnt tell us the name of the hotel, your story becomes null and void.

That hotel could have been yours bro, you wouldn't want another man to pull down your business, would you? Let's give one another benefit of doubt, an eye for an eye only makes the world blind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by elegance101(m): 8:35am On Jan 26, 2019
Bambambiglo:

If not blocking the high way in the night at 9th mile, which other work do you or you father do?

Stupid unscrupulous fool feeling important. What have you done to the Fulani that raped your mother in the village in Enugu? idiot!
Oga stop insulting and face reality.......Benue is a fvcked up state with no infrastructure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK Launches 24-hour Visa Service In Nigeria / Indian Policemen "Harass" Nigerian Man, Sparks A Riot (Picture, Video) / 29 African Migrants Trying To Cross To Italy Die As Boat Sinks In Tunisia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.