Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother (44786 Views)

Nengi Not Bothered About Allegation Of Sleeping With Apostle Suleman / Busayo: Lanre Gentry Not Bothered About Mercy Aigbe Anymore / Tonto Dikeh And Her Son Step Out In Matching Outfits To Church (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Made4naijablog: 3:08am On Jan 19, 2019
Popular Nigerian singer, Falz, recently released his much-anticipated album, ‘Moral Instruction,’ which is a body of work that sheds light on the social ills in the country.

Amongst the guests present during his album listening party were his parents, Femi and Funmi Falana.

During the event, his mother used the opportunity to express her concern about the fact that her son hardly goes to church. While holding the microphone to speak about his new album, she said,

“Folarin, you don’t go to church and I am bothered. I hope you would start going to church this year.”

In a chat with Saturday Beats, the singer said his mother was right because he hardly went to church; however, he gave his reasons.

“I have nothing against the church or going to church; everyone has the right to practise the religion they desire but personally, as a Christian, it has been a while that I have been to church. It does not make me less of a Christian.

“The most important thing is spirituality and your personal connection with God. The reason I haven’t attended a church service in a long while is because I went to a few churches and during sermons, I was put under undue pressure. There was a time that a pastor called me to the altar just to acknowledge my presence for being in church.

“In my mind, I felt that the service was not about me. I felt that everybody was there to worship God, yet they were putting undue pressure on me. The pastor gave me the microphone to address the congregation and I was puzzled; what did he expect me to say to the congregation? These are some of the issues. I just want to go to church and worship God like a regular member of the congregation. I do not want that kind of attention. I was hoping that I would go to church on a Sunday and it would not be like any other day I’m at a public place or doing a show,” the singer said.

The rap artiste, whose signature was his full beard, shocked his fans when he shaved it off. Speaking on why he shaved off his trademark, the rap artiste turned actor said,

“I did not shave my beard because of the album; it was just a coincidence. I was filming a project in relation to the album and I had to look a lot younger and that is why I shaved off my beard.

“I have been getting mixed reactions since I shaved my beard; some people tell me, ‘please, go and find our beard back’. I did not know that we owned the beard together. Other people told me that they love the new look and I am still a ‘sweet boy’ with or without the beard.”

He further commented on his new project, Moral Instruction, while saying he did not mock the Muslim Rights Concern in his new album.

“I did not mock MURIC in the song – Talk am – I just said that ‘Broda Muri shout finish, we no see am for court’. Whoever the shoe fits should wear it. What I said was, ‘Broda Muri’, I did not mention anybody’s name; I could have been talking about anybody.

“It took me a while to make this socially conscious album. I have been working on this project since 2017. We had the idea to produce the album, which was to talk about the social vices in the country, but we were waiting for the right mood and time to release it. This year, everything just worked perfectly for us and I think it is very necessary we do this now,” Falz said.

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/2019/01/im-bothered-falz-doesnt-go-to-church-mother/

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Made4naijablog: 3:09am On Jan 19, 2019
Ghananian Police & A 14 Year Old Girl Sex Tape Leaked Online Watch Video

https://www.made4naija.com/2019/01/ghananian-police-a-14-year-old-girl-sex-tape-leaked-online-video/

6 Likes

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by OkpekeBeauty: 3:27am On Jan 19, 2019
Falz dont forsake the gathering of the saints as the manner of most celebrities are. I still like the fact that you dont sing lewd and profane language in your music. Though I dont listen to worldly music, the little I have seen of you is not that bad. Keep it up. Please no baby mama. be an example to other upcoming musician. Your mama loves you and we sane Nigerians love your sense of humor too

251 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by edlion57(m): 3:27am On Jan 19, 2019
I blv in Christ but I don't go to church....my brothers do the right thing ....love is the greatest

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by 1zynnvn(m): 3:27am On Jan 19, 2019
i dont go also, but nobody cares

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Anniie4u: 3:28am On Jan 19, 2019
Falz is a freethinker I guess.
Cool guy

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Yankee101: 3:28am On Jan 19, 2019
Tell him before he picks only the bad habits of Fela

1 Like

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Itopa10(m): 3:28am On Jan 19, 2019
Probably doesn't want to fake priest to corrupt his memory by quoting the verses upsides down.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Jentle244: 3:28am On Jan 19, 2019
Quite alright but guy u GATS need to dey go church make u for know how to prayvwhen everbu are stranded physically or spiritually
Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Adaowerri111: 3:28am On Jan 19, 2019
He is a close friend to Daddy Freeze

2 Likes

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by temmypotter(m): 3:29am On Jan 19, 2019
oh well,
those of you booking space by 3:29 am, pls what is your gain in life?

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by onez: 3:30am On Jan 19, 2019
You can go to church where people don't know you. It will help.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Daretee: 3:32am On Jan 19, 2019
Falz them say una no dey go church grin yeye pikin

3 Likes

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by tfash96(m): 3:34am On Jan 19, 2019
Maybe u should build church in his bedroom if u are really bothered
Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by biggy26: 3:35am On Jan 19, 2019
Good one from a new generation naija artist, we need more conscious music and moral instructions so we don't lose ourselves and our country.
On the Church matter, the Pastor was too excited I guess, he should have restrained himself from calling him.
Mummies will always be mummies Sha. grin

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by 1Sharon(f): 3:35am On Jan 19, 2019
It is cheaper to pray at home smiley

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Frezhkid10(m): 3:36am On Jan 19, 2019
Different strokes for different folks
Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:37am On Jan 19, 2019
Wetin religion do for Naija/Africa anyway?

China no get any religion, see where dem de today.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by 9jaown(m): 3:37am On Jan 19, 2019
Itopa10:
Probably doesn't want to fake priest to corrupt his memory by quoting the verses upsides down.

Hear your English!! He said pastor not priest.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Frezhkid10(m): 3:37am On Jan 19, 2019
1Sharon:
B
....dis early morning

1 Like

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Ezniteadin(m): 3:38am On Jan 19, 2019
"There was a time that a pastor called me to the altar just to acknowledge my presence for being in church." Faiz

Shame on the so called Pastors who neglect the responsibility of promoting Jesus Christ and veered into Praise singing a man whose soul is in Jeopardy, It is unfortunately a Nigerian thing, You find clergymen because of money and some human connection, will be dancing around so called famous people and they will abdicate the responsibility of speaking the word of God
Every man is important,

Many times the most important person in the eyes of God in congregation are the least thought about. Celebrities are human and sinners too, Don't Pastors know this. Corruption in the churches in Nigeria

"My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts? " James 2;1-4

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by merit12(f): 3:38am On Jan 19, 2019
temmypotter:
oh well,

those of you booking space by 3:29 am, pls what is your gain in life?

If we can't sleep we book space

4 Likes

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by 1Sharon(f): 3:39am On Jan 19, 2019
Frezhkid10:
....dis early morning

Comot

1 Like

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by kenbee(f): 3:39am On Jan 19, 2019
So far he connects with his God in his Prayers privately
Opportunistic Pastors may have taken him for a ride as it concerns Tithe, First fruit & Sowing seeds

1 Like

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by itiswellandwell: 3:39am On Jan 19, 2019
Hmm
Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by jeffizy(m): 3:40am On Jan 19, 2019
"Broda Muri shout finish, we no see am for court "!

BRUTALITY DEFINED! kiss kiss kiss

13 Likes

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by smoke9910(m): 3:40am On Jan 19, 2019
It's not like going to church changes anything. Who needs church when you are rich, let the poor folks go there. They need it more angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by IjebuWarrior: 3:43am On Jan 19, 2019
Correct Nigga! cool

The moment he starts going, he'll start hearing various and numerous nonsense visions from all the fake, hungry "pastors". undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by 1Sharon(f): 3:43am On Jan 19, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
Wetin religion do for Naija/Africa anyway?

Into the fire you go

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Bothered Falz Doesn’t Go To Church – Mother by Alexis11: 3:45am On Jan 19, 2019
All these foreign religions may not survive the next century with increased knowledge and awareness. cool

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her 31st Birthday / Wizkid Reacts To Death Of D'banj's Son, Daniel D'Third / Regina Daniels Slays In Shorts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.