Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones (2047 Views)

New Chinese Phones Coming To The Market, Worth Buying? / Whats Your Favourite ANDROID Games? / Great Chinese Phones, Tablets, Devices , Specs And Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by feasy1(m): 8:07am On Aug 14, 2010
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

I have heard lot of mixed feeling per Chinese mobile phone usage in Nigeria. While there is no gainsaying that one could get these phones at budget/very low price compared to the branded phones, I have heard people complain of the phones not being user friendly, unavailability of spare parts not limited to charger, battery, softwares, PC suites and a host of others.

Do you think if the phones are of a comparable quality with the branded ones (Nokia, Sony Ericsson,Samsung etc) with readily available parts, softwares and to cap it all with Service Centres (creating employment)with trained Nigerians to resolve all issues with excellent Customer service put in place,
could the Chinese made phones fly in Nigeria??

Please make your opinion known on this

Links to website detailing phone prices in naija will be appreciated too
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 14, 2010
go china and ask dem, middle east no far from asia!!
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 14, 2010
China phone is fanciful, cheap but not durable at all, PLS TELL THEM TO UPGRADE
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by feasy1(m): 11:35am On Aug 14, 2010
Stacym, thanks for the comment, Well appreciated ma Sister
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by Emalachi(m): 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2010
Man china phone is not for any one who wish to use phone, because you can't download any software with it just call music and that all infact I don't like the phone
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by manny4life(m): 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2010
Ans: JUNK
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by feasy1(m): 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2010
Manny4life,
Please, let us know the reason why you call 'em junk.

I bet so many products we use today are manufactured out of China, but with better quality control and good brand, a host of branded phones even Chinese telecom equipment manufacturer(Not limited to Huawei) are competing with Ericsson, Nokia Siemens etc, reason why we are trying to dig deep into what problems people in Naija are facing per the Chinese phones
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by feasy1(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2010
expecting some insightful comment from Nairalanders on their experience with chinese phone!!!!!!!!
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2010
i heard an account of one thats touch screen and accepted bolt browser as an application and runs it flawlessly.

thats in addition to numerous usual addons known to china fones like radio loudspeaker (lol) etc etc. its also supposed to be a slab, a bit big but fully touch screen.
\

pls if u know any like that tell me where i can get it, i will make an exception and buy it!!! first chinko fone with swagger!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by feasy1(m): 7:08am On Aug 17, 2010
China becomes world Largest Economy!!!!!!!! Naija which way to go??

SHANGHAI — After three decades of spectacular growth, China passed Japan in the second quarter to become the world’s second-largest economy behind the United States, according to government figures released early Monday.

The milestone, though anticipated for some time, is the most striking evidence yet that China’s ascendance is for real and that the rest of the world will have to reckon with a new economic superpower.

The recognition came early Monday, when Tokyo said that Japan’s economy was valued at about $1.28 trillion in the second quarter, slightly below China’s $1.33 trillion. Japan’s economy grew 0.4 percent in the quarter, Tokyo said, substantially less than forecast. That weakness suggests that China’s economy will race past Japan’s for the full year.

Experts say unseating Japan — and in recent years passing Germany, France and Great Britain — underscores China’s growing clout and bolsters forecasts that China will pass the United States as the world’s biggest economy as early as 2030. America’s gross domestic product was about $14 trillion in 2009.

“This has enormous significance,” said Nicholas R. Lardy, an economist at the Peterson Institute for International Economics. “It reconfirms what’s been happening for the better part of a decade: China has been eclipsing Japan economically. For everyone in China’s region, they’re now the biggest trading partner rather than the U.S. or Japan.”

Link http://finance.yahoo.com/news/China-Passes-Japan-as-nytimes-2766831302.html?x=0&.v=1#mwpphu-container
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by OSMO2010: 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2010
Nigeria is a country of anything goes. Chinese phones in Nigeria are substandard, no value for money.
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by feasy1(m): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2010
I agree with you OSMO2010, I trust if the quality is improved upon with good customer services, people will be happy to buy as much as it is good value for the cheap phone
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by Nebojsa: 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2010
I know a good site www.yopool.com, where the phone can be used for your reference, maybe you can find affordable phone.
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by cardoso111(m): 3:44am On Aug 25, 2010
terrible especially TECNO 0707 it cant browse
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by aroarimus: 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2010
the china phones i've come in naija can definitely not be compared with major brands. not user friendly at all - takes twice as long to do things compared to one of those brand phones. in addition, never been able to browse on a china phone (tried all the manual settings i can); takes forever and a day to find apps that can work on them. pieces of useless junk.
i can't buy a china phone for more than 4k, let me know that i'm going to use it to make calls only and nothing extra
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by temisafety: 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2010
I bought DoradoC6000 some two years ago and was simply wowed by it's functions. I'd been using Sonyerricson P1i one year earlier (and still using it), but surprisingly, this small chinese phone shared quite a number of "smart phone" features with the P1i and the quality of some of those features is even better, eg sound recording. Of course some of the features are so wacky eg ring tone/volume. The only regret I've had with it is battery and charger which are not durable and to get good ones is so difficult(impossible). Otherwise I still have the phone and because of how much I loved it, I just bought Tecno T7, another chinese. This one has Java on it and so I've installed Bible, dictionary, etc. That is in addition to stuffs like TV, dual SIM and FM. I've been accessing facebook, twitter, etc on it!! Travelling has been a lot more fun siince I got it and at roughly 12.5k, i feel lucky to have bought it.

What I don't know yet is it's durability. I hope it lasts for like 2 years and it wd be really worth haviing! Their posters boldly claim 13 month warranty, but when you try to confirm this with sellers you easily realise that they don't mean it. So don't believe it.
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by feasy1(m): 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2010
Thanks guys for the comments, all well appreciated.

I could summarize from the thread that if the chinese made phones could be of good quality with readily available spares, provision of functions it meant  to provide, Internet, TV etc, easily download-able software/PC suite and above all if there is a Care centre for the chinese brands in Nigeria, then the sky could be the beginning for them as that could help bridge the gap for Nigeria to have close to 100% mobile phone penetration
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2010
yawn.!! guy what really is your point? if u are trying to do market analysis for chinks say so so we help you outright!!!

besides, if you did'nt notice, your conclusion simply translates to : chinese companies need to be like a regular mobile phone company and not just be churning our crap in a backyard workshop and calling it phone!!!

do u actually need someone to tell you that? or u mean they don't know? samsung is an asian company and they make decent fones!!!!!

tseew!

by the way i was checking out some iphone clones on youtube, meen massive sturvs o. there is one called ciphone, man u need see the thing great clone grin grin grin grin

so chinese phones now surf the net and support java ehn? na wah o. . . is that an improvment? grin grin
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by chakaz(m): 1:51am On Sep 03, 2010
The problem with majority of chinese phonez is their lack of inbult/internal memory. I ve never seen one with upto 1mb.
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by chakaz(m): 1:57am On Sep 03, 2010
I ve been using one for close 2yrs now. I use it to browse, send vcard n mms. I ve not seen one that support javar apps.
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by feasy1(m): 1:40pm On Sep 03, 2010
4llerbuntu:

yawn.!! guy what really is your point? if u are trying to do market analysis for chinks say so so we help you outright!!!

besides, if you did'nt notice, your conclusion simply translates to : chinese companies need to be like a regular mobile phone company and not just be churning our crap in a backyard workshop and calling it phone!!!

do u actually need someone to tell you that? or u mean they don't know? samsung is an asian company and they make decent fones!!!!!

tseew!

by the way i was checking out some iphone clones on youtube, meen massive sturvs o. there is one called ciphone, man u need see the thing great clone grin grin grin grin

so chinese phones now surf the net and support java ehn? na wah o. . . is that an improvment? grin grin

4llerbuntu, spot on, the idea if the thread is based on a market research on what the user experience is on chinese phones (unbranded). Yeah Samsung is Asian but you know Samsung is in their own class with Sony Ericsson, Nokia.

Have you seen the ipad clones too, epad, apad and the likes, some of those even have features that apple ipad doesnt.

Having worked with a Chinese telecom equipment vendors,seen the quality with almost ridiculous price of technologies that could come out of china, then I'm of the opinion that the an unbranded chinese phone of today might become an household name in Nigeria soon if users feedback are taking into considerations.

Your comments on your experience will be appreciated. No more yawning right?? grin

Chakaz, your comments are noted.

Thanks guys
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by googles: 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2010
chinco fones is the synonym for rubbish {no offense}
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by freshp(m): 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2011
hello All ,
just got to (stumbled) on this thread.

i got the Tecno T9 and to be sincere with you its awesome,
1. i installed bolt and Ucweb browsers and they work very well.It came with operamini 4 pre installed.

2.the audio is superb in terms of output quality.

3.its a touch screen.

4.and obviously a dual sim phone.
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by WackyJ1(m): 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2011
I don't get the need for this thread. Chinese phones is not a brand name. The only criteria to be worthy of note is that they are cheap. If they implement all those things the poster is talking about then they will not be cheap anymore and will be like Name brands like Nokia( others like Siemens & Sagem are rubbish), apple and what's the need if we already have those?
Re: Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones by ifyalways(f): 11:24am On Feb 16, 2011
I hate chinko phones.I wud rather buy the oldest model of an original phone as against a new chinko flashy one.

(1) (Reply)

Mokee Custom Rom For Tecno N3 Needs Modifications Says A.D.G / Shutter rooster / Oukitel K3 / Is this a New scam method : Iphone X By Opera Mini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.