Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate (6204 Views)

Army: Why We Cannot Expose Boko Haram Sponsors / Nigerian Soldiers Cry Out After Boko Haram Attack Killing 100 / More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by Armani79(m): 9:29am On Jan 19, 2019
The Nation
I will go after Boko Haram sponsors, says presidential candidate
Mike Odiegwu, Yenagoa by Mike Odiegwu, Yenagoa December 13, 2018
FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestLinkedInWhatsAppEmail
The Presidential Candidate, Grassroots Development Party of Nigeria (GDPN), Dr. Davidson Akhimien, on Thursday unfolded his plans to end the Boko Haram insurgency in the country if elected in 2019.

The Edo State-born candidate said to win the war against Boko Haram, he would concentrate on identifying and neutralizing sponsors of the terrorist group.

Akhimien, who recently flagged off his campaign at Onuebum, Ogbia, Bayelsa State, said the conspiracy theories fueling insurgency in the North-East must be properly interrogated instead of ignoring them.

He said: “I have evaluated our security problems. I have done a threat analysis and I have seen at the highest level you have terrorism, which is a global phenomenon. Terrorism in the North East my approach is going to be double prongs. I will be using the political economy approach and the military approach.

“In the political economy approach, we will be looking at conspiracy theories and interrogating them properly. We don’t just wave them off. We have been in this thing for over eight years. Who are the sponsors? Why haven’t we been able to lay hands on the sponsors of this thing?

“What are the causative factors, economic neglect and lack of empowerment of the youths. So, we are going to bring about massive interventions. Deploy resources to engage the youths in productive ventures instead of leaving them in IDP camps. No matter how you deploy the military without taking care of ‘stomach infrastructure’, they will still win you”.

Akhimien further said he would tinker with the Order of Battle (OBAT) of the country’s Armed Forces to concentrate efforts in defeating the ragtag Boko Haram.

“I will tinker with the Order of Battle of the Armed Forces. In the principle of war, there is what we call concentration of forces. If it will require two divisions of the army, 10 squadrons of the Air Force to decimate the ragtag army, what am l doing with my divisions in town?

“I will deploy them. They are there to protect the territorial integrity of the country, which is being threatened. Asymmetric warfare at this time requires speed, sophistication of weapons which we are lacking in many areas”, he said.

On fight against corruption, the presidential candidate said he would first carry out a judicial reform to cleanse the third arm of government.

Observing that many judges are still corrupt in the country, he said without clearing the rot in the judiciary, nothing much could be achieved in the war against graft.

He said: “In many areas, we have faltered as a country. In the immediate, the judiciary is very key in bringing about a corrective measure when it comes to the issues of corruption. We are going to be carrying out judicial reforms at optimal levels. Most judges are corrupt.

“But the judiciary is supposed to be the fulcrum of the democratic institutions. We will cleanse the judiciary and there will be consequences for action. It will be a case of who knows the law and not who knows the judge. It will bring about the self-corrective mechanism in the society.

http://thenationonlineng.net/will-go-boko-haram-sponsors-says-presidential-candidate/

Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by NaijaMutant(f): 9:35am On Jan 19, 2019
Since the inception of this regime, going after the sponsors of Boko Haram has become a none issue undecided

The cry of investigating and arresting Boko Haram sponsors that was a headline in the previous regime has suddenly waned in this regime undecided

Does it mean that the sponsors of Boko Haram are now in government undecided

Nigerians, use your head.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by Oweku: 9:35am On Jan 19, 2019
I hope so...Because Boko Haram now are like governors in many state up North...
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by opalu: 9:36am On Jan 19, 2019
Haba
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by tunjijones(m): 9:36am On Jan 19, 2019
Sharap.. Buhari talk pass this for 2015.

7 Likes

Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:37am On Jan 19, 2019
PDP are Boko Haram

And their members are from Maiduguri, Biafra republic, Chad etc.

Pmb have technically defeated Boko Haram, it's only their remnants that are remaining and Buratai is after them.

Why would we Nigerians not vote PMB?? No reason unless you are a criminal or a Boko Haram

Pmb till 2023
Next level straight

Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 19, 2019
Then you will arrest some people from Daura.
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 19, 2019
Have you gone after your village people that bewitched you to run for presidency? Yeye

4 Likes

Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 19, 2019
I wish buhari could say this too...but he won't even though he knows them. He would never block their accounts but cou,d quickly block the accounts of the opposition candidates. Those supporting buhari truly have their heads turned upside down. O ga oo
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by jesvic91(m): 9:39am On Jan 19, 2019
Father Lord Jesus Christ.. Forgive me for voting a lifeless President Buhari four years ago.. I promise you I'll not let you down this year by voting the right person.. . AMEN

1 Like

Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by JasonScoolari: 9:39am On Jan 19, 2019
tsephanyah:
Did you know that if you step on the gas pedal and brake pedal at the same time your car will take a screenshot? Your welcome
Sometimes, I mistake you for a beautiful lunatic.

1 Like

Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by Seetto: 9:39am On Jan 19, 2019
No wahala, u go lead the war front.
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by itiswellandwell: 9:40am On Jan 19, 2019
Ok
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by tollytexy(m): 9:40am On Jan 19, 2019
go first then come back come contest.
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by buharified009(m): 9:41am On Jan 19, 2019
when lions are roaring, small kitty cat is meowing, see insult.

Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by mogbeyiteren: 9:41am On Jan 19, 2019
President Buhari does not even known that there is ASUU strike.......let PVC speak jo
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by argon500: 9:41am On Jan 19, 2019
Na so we dey hear
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by Yinxies(f): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2019
Na so...

Register your business name with CAC plus a functional website/online store for N40,000 only. Check my signature for details
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by Mr2wealth: 9:42am On Jan 19, 2019
Mr presidential candidate, talk is cheap. Be warned. angry
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by mizmo: 9:43am On Jan 19, 2019
Armani79:
The Nation
The Presidential Candidate, Grassroots Development Party of Nigeria (GDPN), Dr. Davidson Akhimien, on Thursday unfolded his plans to end the Boko Haram insurgency in the country if elected in 2019.

The Edo State-born candidate said to win the war against Boko Haram, he would concentrate on identifying and neutralizing sponsors of the terrorist group.

Akhimien, who recently flagged off his campaign at Onuebum, Ogbia, Bayelsa State, said the conspiracy theories fueling insurgency in the North-East must be properly interrogated instead of ignoring them.

He said: “I have evaluated our security problems. I have done a threat analysis and I have seen at the highest level you have terrorism, which is a global phenomenon. Terrorism in the North East my approach is going to be double prongs. I will be using the political economy approach and the military approach.

“In the political economy approach, we will be looking at conspiracy theories and interrogating them properly. We don’t just wave them off. We have been in this thing for over eight years. Who are the sponsors? Why haven’t we been able to lay hands on the sponsors of this thing?

“What are the causative factors, economic neglect and lack of empowerment of the youths. So, we are going to bring about massive interventions. Deploy resources to engage the youths in productive ventures instead of leaving them in IDP camps. No matter how you deploy the military without taking care of ‘stomach infrastructure’, they will still win you”.

Akhimien further said he would tinker with the Order of Battle (OBAT) of the country’s Armed Forces to concentrate efforts in defeating the ragtag Boko Haram.

“I will tinker with the Order of Battle of the Armed Forces. In the principle of war, there is what we call concentration of forces. If it will require two divisions of the army, 10 squadrons of the Air Force to decimate the ragtag army, what am l doing with my divisions in town?

“I will deploy them. They are there to protect the territorial integrity of the country, which is being threatened. Asymmetric warfare at this time requires speed, sophistication of weapons which we are lacking in many areas”, he said.

On fight against corruption, the presidential candidate said he would first carry out a judicial reform to cleanse the third arm of government.

Observing that many judges are still corrupt in the country, he said without clearing the rot in the judiciary, nothing much could be achieved in the war against graft.

He said: “In many areas, we have faltered as a country. In the immediate, the judiciary is very key in bringing about a corrective measure when it comes to the issues of corruption. We are going to be carrying out judicial reforms at optimal levels. Most judges are corrupt.

“But the judiciary is supposed to be the fulcrum of the democratic institutions. We will cleanse the judiciary and there will be consequences for action. It will be a case of who knows the law and not who knows the judge. It will bring about the self-corrective mechanism in the society.

http://thenationonlineng.net/will-go-boko-haram-sponsors-says-presidential-candidate/
u beta sharap! which person no talk this nonsense? I no understand this naija politics again sef.
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by gryhusky(m): 9:45am On Jan 19, 2019
Make I hear word .....who will voter you our will going back or forward..

I will advise you to share your idea with atiku
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by erico2k2(m): 9:45am On Jan 19, 2019
Armani79:
The Nation

Oga presido axperant, you can still go after them now, you do not need to be the president,
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by aishapmbtoto: 9:46am On Jan 19, 2019
Buhari is one of the sponsors

1 Like

Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by sammy99(m): 9:47am On Jan 19, 2019
Den wots stopping u from going now?
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by Leonardoreel(m): 9:47am On Jan 19, 2019
Ok
Re: I Will Go After Boko Haram Sponsors, Says Presidential Candidate by Dollywood(m): 9:48am On Jan 19, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
PDP are Boko Haram

And their members are from Maiduguri, Biafra republic, Chad etc.

Pmb have technically defeated Boko Haram, it's only their remnants that are remaining and Buratai is after them.

Why would we Nigerians not vote PMB?? No reason unless you are a criminal or a Boko Haram

Pmb till 2023
Next level straight

When will Nigerians like you have sense embarassed
Nitori olorun cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Prophecy 2011 : Sectional Rebellion Army from The Nigeria Army / Angry Mob In Warri Beat Former Delta Speaker Into Unconsciousness! / Drug Use Is Responsible For Suicide Bombings – NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.