Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains (45262 Views)

Xandy Kamel: I Stopped Going To Church Because Of Hypocrisy / Ghanaian Model With Big Boobs Reveals Why She Stopped Going To Church / Mercy Johnson: I Stopped Playing Romantic Roles, My Husband Doesn't Like Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by omooba969(m): 11:26am On Jan 19, 2019
Noblefreeman:
Come to the kingdom hall bro

Jehovah witness right? grin
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by victorian(f): 11:28am On Jan 19, 2019
FruitCakes:
I stopped going cause he doesn't answer prayers

Eeyah sad
And God answers

U need to be patient and serve him in truth and spirit . one cannot be commiting any sort of sins and still expect God to answer . He won't . He will just be looking at you.
I needed something very important from God , initially I was desperate for it and angry with God for not answering on time but later I realised after two years with the turbulence I went through, that God wanted to prepare me for what I was praying fervently for . and also open my eyes to devourers when I receive my blessings . He wanted the blessing to last for a lifetime with me and not devoured by friends and strangers who are actually devourers .

For it is written the Lord will remove the devourer for our sakes .

Two years I didn't have sex , I kept a clean and straight forward life , I fell weak along the line and that few hours I fell weak , enemies came quickly to hack me to death but God in His mercy saved me once again.

I was so grateful to God cos I could see and feel death around me, but I was revived back again .
My dear , I don die several times and wake up again. I swear to God !

So as soon I got back up again , I remained focused on God and guess what my waiting for two years , that I backslided afterwards . I never knew I was ONE WEEK ! away to receive my blessing . And I received it . I was so happy . extremely happy and grateful.

Can u imagine , I backslided a week to my blessing and enemies tried to kill me immediately i backslided , cos they were waiting for my fuckkk up. And I bleeped up but God took mercy on me and say Victorian make I pity you , you are almost to your goal. And I recieved what I was yearning for . After realising my mistakes and begged for forgiveness.

So my dear , God answers . you pray and worship without ceasing .thats the key

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 19, 2019
The more I keep hearing about this guy, the more I get irritated. I only liked him on jenifa's diaries.

This is the same person that said he hates transactional sex but somehow went and promoted pedophilia.

And he is here making excuses. What happened to changing places of worship and sitting at the rear end?

Dumb guy.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by miketayo(m): 11:33am On Jan 19, 2019
dancok:
winners chapel.

Tah!!!
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by toluxa1(m): 11:33am On Jan 19, 2019
uuzba:

Stop advertising your church.
Let those who are losing faith find their way to the right church.

You mean only me, I attend those 4 churches? Isokay
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by miketayo(m): 11:38am On Jan 19, 2019
nwokoyepraise:

Bro, I guess that you are wrong in this aspect. In the Bible, God sent a prophet to a certain king and told him that he was going to die, the king later turned to God in prayer and God added to him extra years (around 15 years or so). So, all in all, prayer helps.

U r contradicting yourself, u said extra years.. from the day u were born God knows when u r going to die whether u pray or not.. praying doesn't mean u LL live a 100 years neither does it mean u LL live 10 years..
I agree God answers prayer at d right time though.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by mistyebby(f): 11:41am On Jan 19, 2019
Catholic Church is best for him then. No pressures, no special recognition.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by sweetrace(f): 11:42am On Jan 19, 2019
FruitCakes:
I stopped going cause he doesn't answer prayers
i

The he you mentioned may be your pastor. As for God, he definitely answers prayers. But most importantly, do you acknowledge God as your Heavenly Father? If not, why expect anything from Him? It is like you coming to my biological father and expecting him to do anything for you. My dad will definitely want to know on what basis you expect him to do anything for you. But as his child, I can even make demands, respectfully of course, and expect them met to the T.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by tyup(m): 11:45am On Jan 19, 2019
kingemzy5:
Go to deeper life they will treat you as mere gate man.. I swear

aswear no one would even know he's at church

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by SachaBastien(m): 11:46am On Jan 19, 2019
slimfit1:

I spot someone that is not reading his bible properly taiye me, he day here see am with him text, no make sense at all. Make God give you sense.
You need to return to elementary school. You want to give me a headache? Language demon remain bound!
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by adisababa1234: 11:48am On Jan 19, 2019
Bigmugu:
Popular Nigerian singer, Falz, has explained why he stopped going to church.

During the release of the much-anticipated album, ‘Moral Instruction,’ Falz’s mother complained about her son not attending church services.

Femi and Funmi Falana were present during their son’s ‘album listening party’.

During the event, his mother used the opportunity to express her concern about the fact that her son hardly goes to church.

Speak about his new album, Funmi said, “Folarin, you don’t go to church and I am bothered. I hope you would start going to church this year.”

The singer told Vanguard that his mother was right because he hardly went to church.

He said, “I have nothing against the church or going to church; everyone has the right to practice the religion they desire but personally, as a Christian, it has been a while that I have been to church. It does not make me less of a Christian.

“The most important thing is spirituality and your personal connection with God. The reason I haven’t attended a church service in a long while is because I went to a few churches and during sermons, I was put under undue pressure. There was a time that a pastor called me to the altar just to acknowledge my presence for being in church.

“In my mind, I felt that the service was not about me. I felt that everybody was there to worship God, yet they were putting undue pressure on me. The pastor gave me the microphone to address the congregation and I was puzzled; what did he expect me to say to the congregation? These are some of the issues.

“I just want to go to church and worship God like a regular member of the congregation. I do not want that kind of attention. I was hoping that I would go to church on a Sunday and it would not be like any other day I’m at a public place or doing a show,” the singer said.

On why he shaved off his beard, Falz added, “I did not shave my beard because of the album; it was just a coincidence. I was filming a project in relation to the album and I had to look a lot younger and that is why I shaved off my beard.

“I have been getting mixed reactions since I shaved my beard; some people tell me, ‘please, go and find our beard back’. I did not know that we owned the beard together. Other people told me that they love the new look and I am still a ‘sweet boy’ with or without the beard.”

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/why-i-stopped-going-to-church-falz-explains/

C
Go to Deeper Life Bible Church nobody Will notice u and there u can serve God without being notice.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by Kurlins(m): 11:52am On Jan 19, 2019
AmukuFord:
Gbam you are on point
That's my church for you
How is a gateman treated in DCLM? Is it different from the way they treat the pastors there?
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by MicroSweet(m): 11:53am On Jan 19, 2019
uuzba:
I know of only one church which does not care about who is rich or poor.
Everybody sits on thesame bench. Everybody is given thesame spritual instructions. They don't beg you for Tithe. You can attend in slippers or Gucci shoes. The door is always open. The ushers will never drag you to any seat. If you like sit at the front, if you like sit at the back.
The pastor is not worhipped. He only wears one cloth. He doesn't have house in any village and no personal property. You attend the Church to worship God. If you like pay attention, if you like be browsing your phone. The pastor will only let you know, that exactly what you reap on earth here is what you will sow. If you have spiritual problems, go and see him. He is only a vessle of God. He does not collect money for anything and at any time, the Bishop can remove him from that church and send to another church without any notice. Church is not his property. It is God's property.
ROMAN CATHOLIC

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by danchi2019(m): 12:02pm On Jan 19, 2019
that is my man, Falz da bad guy
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by FruitCakes(f): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2019
victorian:

Eeyah sad
And God answers

U need to be patient and serve him in truth and spirit . one cannot be commiting any sort of sins and still expect God to answer . He won't . He will just be looking at you.
I needed something very important from God , initially I was desperate for it and angry with God for not answering on time but later I realised after two years with the turbulence I went through, that God wanted to prepare me for what I was praying fervently for . and also open my eyes to devourers when I receive my blessings . He wanted the blessing to last for a lifetime with me and not devoured by friends and strangers who are actually devourers .

For it is written the Lord will remove the devourer for our sakes .

Two years I didn't have sex , I kept a clean and straight forward life , I fell weak along the line and that few hours I fell weak , enemies came quickly to hack me to death but God in His mercy saved me once again.

I was so grateful to God cos I could see and feel death around me, but I was revived back again .
My dear , I don die several times and wake up again. I swear to God !

So as soon I got back up again , I remained focused on God and guess what my waiting for two years , that I backslided afterwards . I never knew I was ONE WEEK ! away to receive my blessing . And I received it . I was so happy . extremely happy and grateful.

Can u imagine , I backslided a week to my blessing and enemies tried to kill me immediately i backslided , cos they were waiting for my fuckkk up. And I bleeped up but God took mercy on me and say Victorian make I pity you , you are almost to your goal. And I recieved what I was yearning for . After realising my mistakes and begged for forgiveness.

So my dear , God answers . you pray and worship without ceasing .thats the key
smiles thanks tons
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by FruitCakes(f): 12:09pm On Jan 19, 2019
sweetrace:
i

The he you mentioned may be your pastor. As for God, he definitely answers prayers. But most importantly, do you acknowledge God as your Heavenly Father? If not, why expect anything from Him? It is like you coming to my biological father and expecting him to do anything for you. My dad will definitely want to know on what basis you expect him to do anything for you. But as his child, I can even make demands, respectfully of course, and expect them met to the T.
I do acknowledge

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by FruitCakes(f): 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
isaacscholar:
NO dear. HE answers prayers everytime.
alright
leriment:

yet here u are breathing.. walking.. jumping.. he does answer prayer.. I can assure u that. church or no church never disengage from God. forget some yeye pastor.. the deal of life is between u and ur God
Thank you
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by Originakalokalo(m): 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2019
nwanneni:
yahweh is a fucking deluded impostor/fraudster!
A figment of people's imagination created by Romans to divide and control the world!

Good for you...

When you close your eyes in death just remember to repeat what you just said....This idle statement has been credited to your soul.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by PrincewithGod(m): 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2019
It is just a pity that a lot of people are living their lives as if they created themselves, as if they will not give an account of their lives to a higher being at the end of their lives on earth and as if there is no eternity after life here on earth. God will not accept the excuse of fraudulent pastors, that day they would answer for their actions and you will answer for yourself. Despite all that is happening in Churches today, remember a day is coming the master will separate the wheat from the tares, make sure of your standing with God before you die or before the rapture.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by nho4: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2019
nwokoyepraise:

Bro, I guess that you are wrong in this aspect. In the Bible, God sent a prophet to a certain king and told him that he was going to die, the king later turned to God in prayer and God added to him extra years (around 15 years or so). So, all in all, prayer helps.

That is like a needle in a haystack...there are exceptions to unique and specific situations throughout life. You can't use that to misjudge and generalise other aspects.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by Ozkar: 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2019
koyyes:
The more I keep hearing about this guy, the more I get irritated. I only liked him on jenifa's diaries.

This is the same person that said he hates transactional sex but somehow went and promoted pedophilia.

And he is here making excuses. What happened to changing places of worship and sitting at the rear end?

Dumb guy.
you only hate him cos he spoke against transactional sex. He said he thinks it demeans the person selling their body (usually women). He doesn't hate the people but the action.

Why does that irritate you?

Are you into transactional sex?

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by larryking540: 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2019
QueenBeeHive:
“The most important thing is spirituality and your personal connection with God.

Exactly
And even my dad keeps asking me y I don't like going to church

I started going lately but only on Wednesday ,,,,i feel less of a distraction wen inside d church, ,,less show off, ,,and more sincere heart in d alter

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by introvertme: 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2019
Ozkar:
you only hate him cos he spoke against transactional sex. He said he thinks it demeans the person selling their body (usually women). He doesn't hate the people but the action.

Why does that irritate you?

Are you into transactional sex?

He is desperately looking for every reason to bash Falz
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by philsbaba: 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2019
kingemzy5:
shut up!!! angry
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by spectackpeters(m): 12:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
Come to winners chapel, nobody go call you come altar or fresh ministry international, greater light
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by Pamtoye(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2019
kingemzy5:
I swear..... He will just be a normal member.... Who will even notice dat he is Falz sef grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by dokyOloye: 12:43pm On Jan 19, 2019
nwanneni:
yahweh is a fucking deluded impostor/fraudster!
A figment of people's imagination created by Romans to divide and control the world!
nwayo nwayo bro
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by slimfit1(m): 12:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
SachaBastien:

You need to return to elementary school. You want to give me a headache? Language demon remain bound!

I still stand by my point, you lack basic understanding.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by sassiemyk: 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
Jehovah's Witness is best for you. Everyone is equal there. Even Trump went and realized how ordinary he is. Lol. Try them out, they'll even ask you what ur name is.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by olurili(m): 12:53pm On Jan 19, 2019
uuzba:
I know of only one church which does not care about who is rich or poor.
Everybody sits on thesame bench. Everybody is given thesame spritual instructions. They don't beg you for Tithe. You can attend in slippers or Gucci shoes. The door is always open. The ushers will never drag you to any seat. If you like sit at the front, if you like sit at the back.
The pastor is not worhipped. He only wears one cloth. He doesn't have house in any village and no personal property. You attend the Church to worship God. If you like pay attention, if you like be browsing your phone. The pastor will only let you know, that exactly what you reap on earth here is what you will sow. If you have spiritual problems, go and see him. He is only a vessle of God. He does not collect money for anything and at any time, the Bishop can remove him from that church and send to another church without any notice. Church is not his property. It is God's property.
PLEASE SIR HAVE YOU BEEN TO HEAVEN BEFORE?OR YOU ARE HELL RETURNEE,COS ALL THIS YOU MENTION HERE CAN'T HAPPEN ON EARTH,PROVE ME WRONG,TELL US THE CHURCH NAME
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by EtherealAnn(f): 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church – Falz Explains by SSAwhistleblowe: 1:02pm On Jan 19, 2019
Duplicated post I saw this thread earlier on front page with a different title.. mods pls do your work and take it down this is 2019 o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: Wizkid And Dammy Krane Reconcile / Olajumoke Orisagunna's Mother, Mother-In-Law & Brother-In-Law (Photos) / Fans Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Cooking Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.