Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria (56717 Views)

COOU Is Ahead Of Other State Owned Universities In Nigeria, Vice Chancellor / Two New Lagos State-Owned Universities Receive NUC Recognition / The Archaic Tradition State Owned Universities Have Refused to Leave Behind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Onechancearmy(m): 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2019
Just get out of here. Go and create your own thread on MOOSLIME universities that teach pedophilia and drinking camel urine.

okk4sure:

Which 1 b Hezekiah?

All ds Christians self!

2 Likes

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2019
Nothing bad here. it is to be expected.

if only the government can set the minimum standard both curriculum-wise and infrastructure-wise for all universities before they can be licensed.
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Stocking: 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2019
chiefolododo:
How about mosque? Book is haram
A mosque is not a business enterprise . Unlike the church

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Stocking: 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2019
Lmfao
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by oluwasegun007(m): 5:19pm On Jan 19, 2019
Is Adeleke a church name

This OP sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Onechancearmy(m): 5:20pm On Jan 19, 2019
You mean like one bastard agbaya illiterate fake "prophet" that raped a 6 year old girl?

Stocking:

You are a bastard

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Num07033711115(m): 5:20pm On Jan 19, 2019
Nice Good one, i hope member dey attain am sha
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by mhizcutie(f): 5:21pm On Jan 19, 2019
Gregory university UTURU belongs to Mr Gregory ikechukwu Ibe(the owner of skill g) not Catholic Church

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 5:22pm On Jan 19, 2019
cool
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by farem: 5:22pm On Jan 19, 2019
chiefolododo:
How about mosque? Book is haram
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by mhizcutie(f): 5:22pm On Jan 19, 2019
Gregory university UTURU belongs to Mr Gregory ikechukwu I've(the owner of skill g) not Catholic Church

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by linzeze(m): 5:25pm On Jan 19, 2019
Mrbolt565:
Even with all the rubbish church church, still look at the rubbish country! Fvucking apes! Na them they preach pass and na us still dey suffer pass!
So what is your point again?

4 Likes

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by EseAde3000yrs(f): 5:26pm On Jan 19, 2019
Do we have people with brains or just jar heads and Christians are the only occupant in Nigeria?? Church church church, christian christian christian just like the Muslims chants and promote their religious supremacy & relevants. I hope we dont plan to tear down the country on the ground of religious cultism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Topmaike007(m): 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
Elzak:
How many members of the churches can afford to send their children to these universities?
is the cup of tea of Those that hate the church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by theoldpretender(m): 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2019
kolaxed98:

Which one b khadijah?

All these Muslims self
okk4sure:

Which 1 b Hezekiah?

All ds Christians self!

The two of you should get married!

Enough of this 'My Mercedes is bigger than yours' behaviour.

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 5:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
NIGERIA: So many churches, so many mega churches, so many church universities...and yet so much IMMORALITY, CRIMINALITY, BRUTALITY and DISHONESTY! cry

5 Likes

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by theoldpretender(m): 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2019
Topmaike007:
is the cup of tea of Those that hate the church

No, the guy you quoted has asked a valid question....

I know one guy who is where he is today because a missionary gave him free admission to the school he was running. If not for that missionary that guy would have ended up doing menial jobs for a living.

The truth is, university cannot be cheap.(That is the truth ASUU and FG are dodging from...and why we have strikes up and down...)

But I think we Christians can lend a hand. Run scholarships, help the poorest of the poor, sponsor a student, fundraising, maybe a joint scholarship fund funded by CAN which can be funded by voluntary contribiutons...and also by making it an investment fund...which would in theend at least cushion the effect.

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by theoldpretender(m): 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2019
ollah2:

Nairaland should endeavour to limit religious threads that hits front page. It's 2019, we need to put religion aside, think and discuss about meaningful things.

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Ishilove

Shalom!!!

Nigerians talk a lot about stuff. Religion is one of the most important things to a Nigerian....including the atheist Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by okka(m): 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2019
The heading says (List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria), is Adeleke now a church? Besides, Adeleke University is not owned by Sen. Adeleke but Deji Adeleke.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by shollish(m): 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2019
h
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2019
Madonna,Caritas and Tansian Universities are all owned by the catholic church.What is Fr Ede's name doing there?

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by ollah2: 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2019
theoldpretender:

Nigerians talk a lot about stuff. Religion is one of the most important things to a Nigerian....including the atheist Nigerians.

And that has further divided and killed us so what's the point?

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Uselessman: 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2019
theoldpretender:

The truth is that many of them CAN afford the universites.

But to answer your real question....why can't these churches allow students to go to school for N20000 per annum?

Because if they did...many of their universites would be bankrupt in one year.

Church unviersities have to raise their funding. Even mega rich churches like Living faith don't have access to the kind of funding that government does to subsidise education.

Also, many of them rich churches have to pay unviersity staff at par with what they pay in public universites. And in addition, many of these churches also have other businesses, as well as pastors, chruch workers, etc who also have to be paid...and who employ lots of people....that have to be paid.

Universites are also very expensive.Average budgets of well funded universites can be above $100million yearly. Many churches don';t have that cash at hand....and even if Papa sold all his fine jets, etc...that would only yield enough cash....for one year. Then fees have to go up again.

I know...I wish educaiton was free. But it can't. Back when our parents went to University for free...getting into university was much harder than it was. It took 2 years...during which you wrote O level, A level, and whatever matric exam the university you wanted to enter set for you. And you must pass at a high level (One of my uncles got 5 credits at Olevel...in the right subjects too. Back then, it was enough for him to get into a teacher's training college.Not that he regretted it...he retired as a Principal a few years ago).

Now, entry to unviersity has become easier. Millions more students are in university than they were in the 1970s. And the funding is becoming more and more difficult. So, fees. Or we end up with half baked graduates...or we pay professors N30000 as salary...and expect them to grin and bear it.
I disagree with you. Do you know how many times papa told us he is using our school fees to cut grass when I was still in covenant University.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by theoldpretender(m): 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2019
ollah2:

And that has further divided and killed us so what's the point?

And sweeping it under the carpet would make the issue go magically away.?
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by kenny714433(m): 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
Catholic Church is not even living up to expectations again.
Good days when the Catholic Church was known for establishing quality schools and hospitals, now they want to join the private jet gang and building monstrous church

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by PythonAmaka: 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
python amaka
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by koyeni(m): 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2019
Ok

Check my signature!
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 19, 2019
HigherEd:

The relevance of a university is not in how many poor people's kids it educated. If it were, Ahmadu Bello Uni would be relevant than Stanford. The relevance is in solving the many problems facing humanity. You may not be able to attend John Hopkins University but in many ways John Hopkins has benefited you and many other poor people across the globe. They do this when they create vaccines, innovate new ways to do surgery etc.

Have you ever wondered why scholarships are giving to indigent brilliant kids in many ivy leagues and not poor dull kids. It is not because they pity them but that those poor brilliant kids should come and improve the mandate of the universities by contributing to research.

As it is here in Nigeria, the public universities have more problems than the society it is supposed to help because govt and the people live under the illusion of free higher education. We have sacrificed the relevance and functionality of universities in the name of access. If the church unis focus on giving access they would also face the problem the public universities are challenged with in greater proportion and would never have the opportunity to make a mark like their counterparts outside the shores of naija.

Don't ask a university if it is free, ask if it is relevant. Expensive is a price we should be willing to pay to have functional universities.

You have an extraordinary mind.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by theoldpretender(m): 5:43pm On Jan 19, 2019
Uselessman:
I disagree with you. Do you know how many times papa told us he is using our school fees to cut grass when I was still in covenant University.

You may, but let's be frank, even if Oyedepo sold all he had and dumped it on the university, (and to be honest, I expect him to do so!)...it would only adequately fund the university....for a few years.

It's like what I hear when Nigerians say we should...rightly...cut the salaries of all the rich politicans in the National Assembly and use it to fund unviersity. We spend N1 trillion on the National Assembly. That's a lot. But according to the ASUU-FG agreement of 2009...ALL our federal universities needed N1.5 trillion in one year for adequate funding...in extra funding.

One more thing...I wonder why people complain about Oyedepo. Afe Babalola and others have non-church affiliated universites that charge even higher. And all of them have one thing in common...zero access to govt fund.

At least....YOU went to covenant. You had access to good hostel and class room facilites as a result of high fees. I went to a public university . For N2000 (later N18000 per annum)...I got poor hostels (six per room in my first year), poor cafeteria facilities, poor labs, and poor libraries. And zero computers.

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Lonelyloner: 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2019
Check out Xanderian Institute. It's an online University of some sorts. Still upcoming.

It's trying to do what NOUN is failing to do.
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by ollah2: 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2019
theoldpretender:

And sweeping it under the carpet would make the issue go magically away.?

Yes it will reduce the hatred, bigotry and enmity. Every religious thread ends with curses, disses etc. which In turn creates hatred between Nigerians.

Nigerians were more tolerant in the 90s than now yet we attend churches and mosques more than ever. What are our religious leaders preaching? The lectures heard are eventually written by these guys on Nairaland since its a "faceless" forum. They can easily express their hatred without their friends knowing their true colours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

18 Pictures That Describe Having The Worst Roommates At University / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Coronavirus: Nnamdi Azikiwe University Starts Production Of Hand Sanitizers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.