Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Nigerian Restaurants In London - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Restaurants In London (34350 Views)

8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja / Nigerian Restaurants In Paris / Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by mohawkchic(f): 5:33am On Sep 15, 2008
~Had mine w/ plantains wasnt sure about the fried yam,never had yam fried before so i was undecided but i look forward to trying it out grin
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by ceasyc(f): 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2008
presidential

tasty in woolwich (d place 2 full of
Nigeria people sha nutin wrong wit that but just dat dey
made d place a place of fraud meetings, etc
it got raided by olakpa 1 time)

this one on plumstead high street
4gotten d name - their mashed
brown beans + dodo is da bomb!

Another one in brixton its buffet type restaurant
and they sometimes have [b]live band [/b]n all

and 1 in deptford don't no many of them
restaurants name i've been to jare
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by presido1: 9:25pm On Oct 19, 2008
One in Brixton Its UNIQ or someffin not sure but their food no get part two.
Just finished my ura/uha soup now.
Infact i pay them to cook soup for me sometimes.

WAZOBIA in Hendon where Mama Calabar use to be.
Same owner with UNIQ.

SOMANGA in B,ham not that classy and have not eaten dia b4
just drink.
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by blackspade(m): 6:48am On Sep 20, 2009
Thank you everyone, I am supposed to be in London this November. I can't wait for all the food!!! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by DisGuy: 10:56am On Sep 20, 2009
Iroko - it's Portuguese/Nigerian --Lagos/Lagos Between Streatham and Brixton

Very nice environment, only had a take away (take out) there though
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by muyiserra: 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2009
em wen i went i was looking for a nice nigeria restaurant and I was told that in mama calabar the staff members are too unpolite to the customers and so on.
I went to another one in Peckham called a suya joint or whateva, although the place seems nice but didnt have what i was lookin for.
Finally i went to a yoruba restaurant where i eat amala n ewedu soup with ''gbegiri'' quite nice but a little expensive.
grin
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by lalaboi(m): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2009
They all thieves mahn. . . .they charge ridiculous prices. . .and the amount you pay will cook you that food prolly 5times! or more!
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by vanitty: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2009
Wazobia food (heavy ones like poundo, amala e.t.c ) is quite good
The 805 restaurant serves the most horrible fried rice, has no taste whatsoever
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by Secretz(f): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2009
lalaboi:

They all thieves mahn. . . .they charge ridiculous prices. . .and the amount you pay will cook you that food prolly 5times! or more!

You sabi correct! But the worst part of it is when they water down the food in order to please the 'oyinbo' people. I mean come on, if they keep doing that, doesn't it loose the whole point of the food being authentic? Pepper soup is not pepper soup without the peppe abi?

I only go to 805 to get monika fish and cocount icecream tongue and I only go aso rock for the mase stew. Everything else I can make 10 times berra myself.! cool grin
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by KennyG6(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2009
Secretz:

You sabi correct! But the worst part of it is when they water down the food in order to please the 'oyinbo' people. I mean come on, if they keep doing that, doesn't it loose the whole point of the food being authentic? Pepper soup is not pepper soup without the peppe abi?

I only go to 805 to get monika fish and cocount icecream tongue and I only go aso rock for the mase stew. Everything else I can make 10 times berra myself.! cool grin
dat monica is HOT ooo, tried it once or twice, but dont really fancy 805, maybe because old kent rd is just 2 rough for my liking, same with presidential my car was clamped there once ended up paying like £50 for a £20 meal.

I like Tomi's kitchen takeaway only, Mama calabar aint bad a bit expensive though,
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by Secretz(f): 10:30am On Sep 22, 2009
Kenny_G:

dat monica is HOT ooo, tried it once or twice, but dont really fancy 805, maybe because old kent rd is just 2 rough for my liking, same with presidential my car was clamped there once ended up paying like £50 for a £20 meal.

I like Tomi's kitchen takeaway only, Mama calabar aint bad a bit expensive though,

haha, you are a weakling bross! I love peppe. . . . . . I don't even think it's that hot sef! tongue

Kpele, next time read the parking signs! roflmao! tongue grin
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by agabaI23(m): 10:41am On Sep 22, 2009
Secretz:

haha, you are a weakling bross! I love peppe. . . . . . I don't even think it's that hot sef! tongue

Haba! ameria, not fair. grin No be every person like spicy stuff esp some Oyibo wannabes undecided
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by Secretz(f): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2009
agabaI23:

Haba! ameria, not fair. grin No be every person like spicy stuff esp some Oyibo wannabes undecided

LOL okay okay sweety, I dash you warra! tongue

But really there are some African and Nigerian dishes that were invented spicy. . . . . and they should stay that way.! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by KennyG6(m): 11:22am On Sep 22, 2009
Secretz:

not that hot ke? i was sweating after 2 bites of the fish, and the mere size of the fish just added to my perspiration, must say i did enjoy it though,

i luv pepper oh, if u r in the woolwich/charlton area try tasty's ofada rice with ayamase now that wud burn ur taste buds well well tongue
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by Secretz(f): 11:34am On Sep 22, 2009
Kenny_G:

not that hot ke? i was sweating after 2 bites of the fish, and the mere size of the fish just added to my perspiration, must say i did enjoy it though,

i luv pepper oh, if u r in the woolwich/charlton area try tasty's ofada rice with ayamase now that wud burn your taste buds well well tongue

teehee, abegi o, no tempt me ohhhh!! I like a challenge that involves spicy food. tongue

But on a real, the likely hood of me being in that area is very very slim, infact it's size zero. tongue grin
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by KennyG6(m): 11:38am On Sep 22, 2009
Secretz:

teehee, abegi o, no tempt me ohhhh!! I like a challenge that involves spicy food. tongue

But on a real, the likely hood of me being in that area is very very slim, infact it's size zero. tongue grin
lol plssssssssss take up the challenge,

have u moved out of the area? or u've left uk altogether?
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by Secretz(f): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2009
Kenny_G:

lol plssssssssss take up the challenge,

have u moved out of the area? or u've left uk altogether?

Am in UK London, but don't go to those parts unfortunately. . . . and I am prolly unlikely to just for a restaurant. I will stick to my home cooked food. grin
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by KennyG6(m): 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2009
i c, home cooking is cool, saves money and there's no compromise with quality, only some of us are single and cannt always be bovvered to cook attimes. Shame some of tha naija gals i meet at some of these joints queuing up to buy eba/amala attimes dont share ur sentiments lol
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by follypimpi(m): 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2009
805 on Old Kent road - There Egusi has same taste but there Monika Fish is the bomb
Alabama - Nice 9ija joints tkes u back to 9ija settings,propa Home taste.
Eclipse on Warworth Road - Nice food still
Presidential , Wicked Suya.
Obalende Suya - Nice Spicy chicken in there Jollof rice
Tasty  Woolwich - Topclass Egusi
Somaga-Birmingham - Is like 10mins walk to my house - Nice goat meat and Inkwobi
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by agabaI23(m): 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2009
Secretz:

LOL okay okay sweety, I dash you warra! tongue

But really there are some African and Nigerian dishes that were invented spicy. . . . . and they should stay that way.! tongue tongue tongue

wink
Yea like pepper soup
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by agegelabs(m): 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2009
Guys, Nice reviews going here.

I think it will helpful to have the all these great reviews in one place. Worth checking http://www.naijachops.com. You can also add missing restaurants.
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by nkemjou(f): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2010
Had to go and eat at 805, I'd been there before and it was ok, but this last experience i had gave me the shivers. my friend had a party, so we made reservations for 15people(15) and when we got there there were only seats for 8people. 7 people had to wait till seats were ready. They took our orders and 30mins later a waiter comes to tell me there is no nkwobi, (after 30mins??). Then we ordered starters and they were really slow and when I complained, the guy was like "miss, it really isn't our fault, you came in and ordered starters while people come in and order main course, so we attend to them first". and i'm like what's the point of having a starter of you don't start your meal with a starter? angryI was really p*ssed though, angry and we left in annoyance after their card reader broke down like twice when we had to pay. mtchewww
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by KennyG6(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
nkemjou:

Had to go and eat at 805, I'd been there before and it was ok, but this last experience i had gave me the shivers. my friend had a party, so we made reservations for 15people(15) and when we got there there were only seats for 8people. 7 people had to wait till seats were ready. They took our orders and 30mins later a waiter comes to tell me there is no nkwobi, (after 30mins??). Then we ordered starters and they were really slow and when I complained, the guy was like "miss, it really isn't our fault, you came in and ordered starters while people come in and order main course, so we attend to them first". and i'm like what's the point of having a starter of you don't start your meal with a starter? angryI was really p*ssed though, angry and we left in annoyance after their card reader broke down like twice when we had to pay. mtchewww
sad, I've only been there a couple of times and have to say the place is always packed. Was there last December and boy was it packed, and half of the people there were groups having a birthday meal and because the place is not that spacious you end up with the kind of problem you had.
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by nkemjou(f): 11:51am On Mar 29, 2010
@Kenny G, sorry, I don't knw how 2 quote, lol, relatively new here, yh true that, n trust 9jerians, evn if they r well aware its gnna b full of people they still take orders,
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by KennyG6(m): 12:40pm On Mar 29, 2010
nkemjou:

@Kenny G, sorry, I don't knw how 2 quote, lol, relatively new here, yh true that, n trust 9jerians, evn if they r well aware its gnna b full of people they still take orders,
grin grin grin just click the insert button once you are in the reply area,

@post
Can you blame them? they are there to make money, to be honest sha i didnt find their food any better than the likes of Tomi's Kitchen maybe better presentation
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by nkemjou(f): 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2010
Kenny_G:

grin grin grin just click the insert button once you are in the reply area,

@post
Can you blame them? they are there to make money, to be honest sha i didnt find their food any better than the likes of Tomi's Kitchen maybe better presentation
yayy jus did, thnks mahn, grin
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by thameamead(f): 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
ASO ROCK - Dalston,

whatever happened to Obalende Suya in Dalston.
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by KennyG6(m): 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2010
thameamead:

ASO ROCK - Dalston,

whatever happened to Obalende Suya in Dalston.
Never heard of Aso rock but might check it out sometime soon, Obalende suya used to the the place a few year ago dont know if its still there as i havent been to that end of the city for a while now
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by thameamead(f): 11:47am On Apr 01, 2010
Kenny_G:

Never heard of Aso rock but might check it out sometime soon, Obalende suya used to the the place a few year ago dont know if its still there as i havent been to that end of the city for a while now

Aso rock have 2 branches in Hoxton and Dalston, d one is Hoxton is where the Nigerian Hackney fraudsters oops guys hang out but be careful if u decide to visit, they are on facebook.
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by KennyG6(m): 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2010
thameamead:

Aso rock have 2 branches in Hoxton and Dalston, d one is Hoxton is where the Nigerian Hackney fraudsters oops guys hang out but be careful if u decide to visit, they are on facebook.
Hoxton or Dalston what's the difference, i still need a bullet-proof vest to visit these areas dont i? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by jaybee3(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2010
Haba Kenny shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Restaurants In London by KennyG6(m): 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2010
jay bee:

Haba Kenny shocked shocked shocked
ooops jaybe i didnt know u r from that area, grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe / Photo: Wow! This Is An Amazing Exhibition Of Creativity In Baking / How Do You Slice Your Onion? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.