Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Building A Payment Gateway - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Building A Payment Gateway (970 Views)

Django Payment Gateway Integration How To Build A Payment System / Building A Payment App / Help!!!. What Language Is Best For Developing A Payment App. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A Payment Gateway by FTF2069(m): 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2019
...I'm not talking about strapping a custom Paystack / Interswith form to my deposit page. How do i get to relay info directly with the Card schemes like Verve, Visa, MasterCard etc., How do i get in contact with an acquiring bank, what procedures are needed, how much are we talking about in expenses.

Please help is welcome from Fintech Experts, Project Managers, Programme managers, programmers and anyone with insights into these area.

Thanks
Re: Building A Payment Gateway by spikesC(m): 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2019
This is a research you should actually have done before even touching code.
Research 'Payment facilitators' and 'Payment aggregators'

No card scheme is going to give you direct access cos you're too small a startup(high risk). In Nigeria, you'll need to go through Interswitch or Flutterwave. Licensing requirements is being drafted right now so expect huge capital requirements thanks to inept government policies
Re: Building A Payment Gateway by FTF2069(m): 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2019
spikesC:
This is a research you should actually have done before even touching code.
Research 'Payment facilitators' and 'Payment aggregators'

No card scheme is going to give you direct access cos you're too small a startup(high risk). In Nigeria, you'll need to go through Interswitch or Flutterwave. Licensing requirements is being drafted right now so expect huge capital requirements thanks to inept government policies

Thanks, I've always researched and read through the process. I just never really understood it in practical process how to take next steps in this regards.

Thanks. About the licensing requirements can you give a bit of heads-up in that area
Re: Building A Payment Gateway by spikesC(m): 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2019
FTF2069:

Thanks, I've always researched and read through the process. I just never really understood it in practical process how to take next steps in this regards.

Thanks. About the licensing requirements can you give a bit of heads-up in that area

Here's the draft document

[url]https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Out/2018/PSMD/Circular%20on%20the%20exposure%20draft%20of%20new%20CBN%20licensing%20regime%20(Licence%20tiering)%20for%20payment%20system%20providers%20.pdf[/url]

So basically, prepare to raise investment funds. A lot of funds!

1 Like

Re: Building A Payment Gateway by FTF2069(m): 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2019
spikesC:

Here's the draft document

[url]https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Out/2018/PSMD/Circular%20on%20the%20exposure%20draft%20of%20new%20CBN%20licensing%20regime%20(Licence%20tiering)%20for%20payment%20system%20providers%20.pdf[/url]

So basically, prepare to raise investment funds. A lot of funds!
Thank you.
Re: Building A Payment Gateway by FTF2069(m): 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Project Management Software / Closed User Group (CUG) / Please Help My Android Studio Is Messing Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.