Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account (23954 Views)

How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up / EFCC Seizes Passport Of Joe Agi For Paying $30,000 Into Onnoghen's Account / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by adebuk47(m): 1:39am On Jan 20, 2019
The Federal Government through the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit has launched a probe into the salary account of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, dating back to September 2005.

The probe predates the advent of the Bank Verification Number initiative of the Central Bank of Nigeria and is expected to expose some alleged questionable deposits made into the account of the embattled CJN.

A fact sheet from the NFIU to the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), stated that nearly N100m passed through Onnoghen’s salary account with Union Bank Plc between September 2005 and October 2016.

Onnoghen’s salary in 2005 was N240, 202 but rose to N751, 082.37 in February 2008. However, the funds in his account were said to have surpassed his salary.

The document read in part, “His salary in 2005 was N240, 202. 20 and it rose to N751, 082.37 in February 2008. The salary remains within range till date.

“However, the turnover in the account from September 2005 to October 2016 was N91, 962, 362.49.

“He did not spend from the salary account from March 2015 to October 2016. The salary and allowances accumulated to N22, 520, 636.27 in October 2016 from N6, 132, 885.24 in March of the same year.”

According to the NFIU, investigations showed that the funds deposited in the account of the CJN are questionable and probably proceeds of crime.

“From the investigations conducted so far, it is plausible that the payments into the various accounts are bribes. This is because the sources of inflows into his accounts other than the salary account in Union Bank are unknown and probably fraudulent and the nature of the transactions (including structured payments) are not typical of the transactions of a public servant,” the statement added.

The Federal Government had last week filed charges against Onnoghen for allegedly failing to declare some assets before the Code of Conduct Bureau.

https://punchng.com/fg-launches-probe-into-onnoghens-13-year-salary-account/

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by StOla: 1:49am On Jan 20, 2019
This is very commendable.

Every public servant would soon learn to eschew corruption and bribe collection.

The CJN and his defenders should be ashamed of themselves.

As for the legal cult that consist of the judiciary and the NBA, all Nigerians can now see that those who are of the law, have no single regard for it. Yet they daily make a living by imposing the law on others.

What manner of national legal system will have both the NBA president and the CJN embroiled in allegations of corruption at the same time?

Corruption! How mighty art thee?

145 Likes 22 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by awakeupcall4all(m): 2:46am On Jan 20, 2019
To blazes with that quotasystem almajiri AGF called Malami....

Where was this idiot when gandollar was pocketing wads of dollars smiling like a roasted goat??....

Who ordered for your own probe when you and mr. lifeless conspired to bring in the pension thief Maina who still remain elusive till today??.....

Who ordered for your own probe when you purportedly paid 17 millions dollars to 2 Nigerian lawyers from Abacha loot for a job already paid for and completed by another lawyer....

How come we are now consuming 55 millions liters of fuel per day up from 30 millions liters of fuel during GEJ despite the crunching poverty brought by that demented sahelian beast masquerading as president even as he boldly claimed subsidy to be a fraud??....Just last year alone over a trillion naira was paid for that same subsidy while PMS is been sold for 145 naira.....That is a mind boggling heist of close to 500 billion naira from NNPC just last year alone!!...

Who is the overnight billion Mr. Ibrahim from Katsina building the refinery in Katsina??....How is Isa Funtua and Mamman Daura now owners of Etisalat and keystone bank??

I can go on and on.....But i can boldly tell you and the lifeless ghost we have as president that the CJN IS GOING NO WHERE!! ...If you like you can probe from here down to Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia..... YOUR END HAS COME AND YOU WILL ALL FOLLOW THE PRINCE OF HELL CALLED BUHARI BACK TO ABYSS WHERE HE WAS COMMISSIONED FROM IN 2015....THUNDER FIRE UNA AND ALL THE ALMAJIRI SUPPORTERS DEM...

170 Likes 16 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Nobody: 2:54am On Jan 20, 2019
The earlier the CJN resigns,the better.Buhari is not directly involved in this matter and Itse Sagay will not condone nonsense,the reason why they delayed the submission of his name to senate for confirmation after NJC approval Lesson to learn : Be cautious of what you do today because you do not know what tomorrow has in stock for you.

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by roymary: 3:02am On Jan 20, 2019
SMH APC is so desperate. undecided undecided undecided

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by gare(f): 3:39am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

Every public servant would soon learn to eschew corruption and bribe collection.

As for the legal cult that consist of the judiciary and the NBA, all Nigerians can now see that those who are of the law, have no single regard for it. Yet they daily make a living by imposing the law on others.

What manner of national legal system will have both the NBA president and the CJN embroiled in allegations of corruption at the same time?

You should be ashamed of yourself too, how many times have campaigned for other corrupted government officials with jets to be investigated, former governors with their salaries can not afford to own a jet but we see most of them with jets.

If they're serious about this fight against corruption everyone should be investigated not selective, the reasons why people like the CJN still have a lot of support is why now, before his appointment they normally carry out checks on them how come all this was not discovered then.

They can't take Nigerians for fools, I if they want this country to move then the right thing should be done. Don't come here and praise one side and curse the other side

107 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by StOla: 3:53am On Jan 20, 2019
gare:

You should be ashamed of yourself too, how many times have campaigned for other corrupted government officials with jets to be investigated, former governors with their salaries can not afford to own a jet but we see most of them with jets.

If they're serious about this fight against corruption everyone should be investigated not selective, the reasons why people like the CJN still have a lot of support is why now, before his appointment they normally carry out checks on them how come all this was not discovered then.

They can't take Nigerians for fools, I if they want this country to move then the right thing should be done. Don't come here and praise one side and curse the other side

I never knew that CJN and NBA president were political positions held by the opposition, such that any valid prosecution of these characters must be related to politics and political parties? When did the CJN and NBA president become one side of your divide?

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

What is it with PDP sycophants and the penchant to defend anyone who is corrupt and outside of the APC, even if such accused has no business with politics or political opposition?

What manner of idiocy is this on display?

Is the CJN a member of PDP? Is the NBA president a member of PDP?

So why the fuss by only PDP among the litany of opposition parties who are not apprehensive that public servants are being duly punished and that professionals are operating by the ethics of their profession?

Did opposition parties throw a fuss or tantrum when President Obasanjo sacked a public officer Police IG Tafa Balogun and prosecuted him? Did any opposition party scream that Tafa must be left alone? Did Police officers threaten the government to leave their corrupt boss alone?

So why is PDP extending its umbrella cover and protection of corruption to public officers, association presidents, and technocratic professionals who are not politically affiliated and are subject to the laws of Nigeria like every other average Joe?

PDP! When would you let Nigeria be and have peace and a corruption free society? Have you not wrecked enough damage in you 16 damnable years of failure? Did anyone stop PDP from prosecuting the jet flying governors of the opposition when PDP was in power for 16yrs?

Why is it that everyone accused of corruption and poised to suffer the lawful consequences, is suddenly offered PDP membership and support?

Does opposition mean to become an enemy of the state and hinder the lawful prosecution of non political public officers and private citizens?

It shall never be well with PDP, their sycophants, and their uncompleted secretariat that this same corruption and embezzlement demonic possession of theirs, did not allow them finish.

103 Likes 19 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Almaiga: 4:32am On Jan 20, 2019
Buhari is doing the needful, cleaning Nigeria from Corruption.

40 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 20, 2019
Almaiga:
Buhari is doing the needful, cleaning Nigeria from Corruption.

How can he be cleaning Nigeria when he's busy falling all over the place undecided

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by jumobi1(m): 5:02am On Jan 20, 2019
Good if they do it to all the Federal Court judges. All the Supreme Court justices would be a good start not just the Chief Justice. It looks political.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by gare(f): 5:06am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

I never knew that CJN and NBA president were political positions held by the opposition, such that any valid prosecution of these characters must be related to politics and political parties? When did the CJN and NBA president become one side of your divide?

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

What is it with PDP sycophants and the penchant to defend anyone who is corrupt and outside of the APC, even if such accused has no business with politics or political opposition?

What manner of idiocy is this on display?

Is the CJN a member of PDP? Is the NBA president a member of PDP?

So why the fuss by only PDP among the litany of opposition parties who are not apprehensive that public servants are being duly punished and that professionals are operating by the ethics of their profession?

Did opposition parties throw a fuss or tantrum when President Obasanjo sacked a public officer Police IG Tafa Balogun and prosecuted him? Did any opposition party scream that Tafa must be left alone? Did Police officers threaten the government to leave their corrupt boss alone?

So why is PDP extending its umbrella cover and protection of corruption to public officers, association presidents, and technocratic professionals who are not politically affiliated and are subject to the laws of Nigeria like every other average Joe?

PDP! When would you let Nigeria be and have peace and a corruption free society? Have you not wrecked enough damage in you 16 damnable years of failure? Did anyone stop PDP from prosecuting the jet flying governors of the opposition when PDP was in power for 16yrs?

Why is it that everyone accused of corruption and poised to suffer the lawful consequences, is suddenly offered PDP membership and support?

Does opposition mean to become an enemy of the state and hinder the lawful prosecution of non political public officers and private citizens?

It shall never be well with PDP, their sycophants, and their uncompleted secretariat that this same corruption and embezzlement demonic possession of theirs, did not allow them finish.

For your information I never read through your epistle after your first Two line, you don't seem to understand my previous comments I am not talking about parties here, I am talking about investigating and persecuting everyone that's found to be corrupt irrespective of parties, but when you single out one person while the APC has a lot of corrupt persons not touched will definitely sway support for the other person, not until we get it right you all should hide your ugly faces in shame claiming to doing the right thing, but instead a very bad precedence is being set. Shame on you all

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by StOla: 5:38am On Jan 20, 2019
gare:

For your information I never read through your epistle after your first Two line, you don't seem to understand my previous comments I am not talking about parties here, I am talking about investigating and persecuting everyone that's found to be corrupt irrespective of parties, but when you single out one person while the APC has a lot of corrupt persons not touched will definitely sway support for the other person, not until we get it right you all should hide your ugly faces in shame claiming to doing the right thing, but instead a very bad precedence is being set. Shame on you all

Why do you care to tell me about your lie that I put in bold?

Only a childish clown will engage someone in a debate and then gets a rejoinder which she then replies to that she did not read, but still had time to detail her own opinion in that reply.

If you did not read my epistle, then on what basis is your own lengthy reply?

From experience, I have learnt that the sections of the opinion that cannot be refuted is the part claimed not to have been read by the liar.

I insist that we leave politically unaffiliated public officers to face the law, especially when they themselves are people of the law that they impose on others.

The very first corruption arrest made by the Buhari regime was Dasuki who was operating an ATM that did not require a card pin code, and stocked with security funds. He was authorised to disburse security funds by a President who was shamelessly eulogized as a blessed ATM of public funds. Jonathan will collect banks account details from the likes of Olisa Metuh and Tony Anenih, while those ones would suddenly find same bank accounts credited by the ONSA with the quoted sum they gave the corruption imbued ineffectual buffoon.

And we all remember how your type who can never be objective or patriotic, rose to the defence of such a criminal because of his affiliation to PDP and the sacked President Jonathan.

Or who was in federal power before APC came on board, so which party did you expect such presidency and federal government officials to belong to? So is there any surprise that a new federal government planning to tackle corruption will arrest criminals from the outgoing regime that stole without any regard to the paper trail they were leaving behind?

You all simply refused to have the man face the law because he was a PDP member, despite the concrete evidences. And now you dare to talk about taking sides? Despite his theatrics and support by a shameless PDP who provided him the support and authority to commit the crimes that he did, he has found his match in Buhari who will never let him escape justice.

I know that Dasuki is hoping his employers, the PDP, will return to power to free him, hence the deliberate stalling of his trial. Unfortunately for him, it will be a futile hope, and he will get the justice that he deserves.

49 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Corrinthians(m): 5:45am On Jan 20, 2019
roymary:
Yes they're desperate to know how well the number one lawyer in the country has been observing the laws he had sworn to uphold from thirty years ago. cool

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Almaiga: 5:50am On Jan 20, 2019
FreddyKruger:

How can he be cleaning Nigeria when he's busy falling all over the place undecided

He only missed his steps. Swear say, you never missed your steps before.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by gare(f): 6:03am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

Only a childish clown will engage someone in a debate and then gets a rejoinder which she then replies to that she did not read, but still had time to detail her own opinion in that reply.

From experience, I have learnt that the sections of the opinion that cannot be refuted is the part claimed not to have been read by the liar.

I insist that we leave politically unaffiliated public officers to face the law, especially when they themselves are people of the law that they impose on others.

The very first corruption arrest made by the Buhari regime was Dasuki who was operating an ATM that did not require a card pin code, and stocked with security funds. He was authorised to disburse security funds by a President who was shamelessly eulogized as a blessed ATM of public funds. Jonathan will collect banks account details from the likes of Olisa Metuh and Tony Anenih, while those ones would suddenly find same bank accounts credited by the ONSA with the quoted sum they gave the corruption imbued ineffectual buffoon.

And we all remember how your type who can never be objective or patriotic, rose to the defence of such a criminal because of his affiliation to PDP and the sacked President Jonathan.

Or who was in federal power before APC came on board, so which party did you expect such presidency and federal government officials to belong to? So is there any surprise that a new federal government planning to tackle corruption will arrest criminals from the outgoing regime that stole without any regard to the paper trail they were leaving behind?

You all simply refused to have the man face the law because he was a PDP member, despite the concrete evidences. And now you dare to talk about taking sides? Despite his theatrics and support by a shameless PDP who provided him the support and authority to commit the crimes that he did, he has found his match in Buhari who will never let him escape justice.

I know that Dasuki is hoping his employers, the PDP, will return to power to free him, hence the deliberate stalling of his trial. Unfortunately for him, it will be a futile hope, and he will get the justice that he deserves.

I still will not read your sermon this morning, because you are very partial which is not good for the growth of this country you talk only about those in PDP that stole, what about the ones that stole and are still stealing in APC and the ones that stole in PDP that moved to APC.

Are you telling me they should not be sent to jail as we wish for those in PDP

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Lifestone(m): 6:07am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

You haven't answer his questions; why are petitions against loyalist of the President and the APC not being investigated and prosecuted? Simple
Remember that these resources are our common wealth

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by StOla: 6:24am On Jan 20, 2019
Lifestone:

You haven't answer his questions; why are petitions against loyalist of the President and the APC not being investigated and prosecuted? Simple
Remember that these resources are our common wealth

I do not deny that corruption is universal and not respective of parties. In fact, the mere leadership of the country by the APC, presupposes that most of the corruption that would have existed from 2015 to now, will be attributed to APC members.

I have continually given knocks to the president over the corruption within his own presidency, especially the SGF David Babachir issue. If he merited a lazily and reluctantly made sack, he certainly has a case to answer.

As for the partisan hack who engaged me in this debate, I have brought a reminder of the very 1st corruption arrest made by this regime on Dasuki, and how the PDP which he belonged to and committed financial crimes for, resisted his lawful arrest and continue to criticized such a patriotic action by the then newly inaugurated APC government.

Or were the PDP expecting the new federal government to arrest its own party members who were not seated at the table of corruption that lasted 16yrs? If the Buhari federal government wanted to recoup stolen federal funds, were such funds expected to be found outside of PDP that had been the only party in federal power?

Now to the matter of non political public servants and professional technocrats, of what business of PDP is it that they are being lawfully investigated and prosecuted for crimes, especially when such characters are even members of the law system of the country?

Why is the PDP so antagonistic to every corruption case, be it of a political person or a non political person? It is almost as if PDP needs corruption to remain in Nigeria, else the party will be an endangered specie as it cannot survive without its oxygenated corruption.

Is that the same shameless party that wasted our development for 16yrs, that now want to return to power to enrich their jolly friends?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by MrAJQ(m): 6:36am On Jan 20, 2019
Is the person PDP are protecting

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:52am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

You should be ashamed of yourself for believing this rubbish.If the FG has any evidence he took bribes they should take it to the NJC.All I see on this tale is mere speculations.There are just chasing shadows.The can as well go back to when he was still in secondary school for all I care.

BTW Justice Onnogen will remain the CJN shaa.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:55am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

I do not deny that corruption is universal and not respective of parties. In fact, the mere leadership of the country by the APC, presupposes that most of the corruption that would have existed from 2015 to now, will be attributed to APC members.

I have continually given knocks to the president over the corruption within his own presidency, especially the SGF David Babachir issue. If he merited a lazily and reluctantly made sack, he certainly has a case to answer.

As for the partisan hack who engaged me in this debate, I have brought a reminder of the very 1st corruption arrest made by this regime on Dasuki, and how the PDP which he belonged to and committed financial crimes for, resisted his lawful arrest and continue to criticized such a patriotic action by the then newly inaugurated APC government.

Or were the PDP expecting the new federal government to arrest its own party members who were not seated at the table of corruption that lasted 16yrs. If the Buhari federal government wanted to recoup stolen federal funds, were such funds expected to be found outside if PDP that had been the only party in federal power?

Now to the matter of non political public servants and professional technocrats, if what business of PDP is it that they are being lawfully investigated and prosecuted for crimes, especially when such characters are even members of the law system of the country?

Why is the PDP so antagonistic to every corruption case, be it of a political person or a non political person? It is almost as if PDP needs corruption to remain in Nigeria, else the party will be an endangered specie as it cannot survive without its oxygenated corruption.

Is that the same shameless party that wasted our development for 16yrs, that now want to return to power to enrich their jolly friends?

Bros STFU!!!! We must follow the rule of law in the fight against corruption.The law says no judicial officer can be prosecuted without recourse to the NJC.If you think you have a smoking gun against the CJN then take it to the NJC or STFU.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Printerscanner: 7:09am On Jan 20, 2019
roymary:

Yes, APC is so desperate to ensure that criminals on the judiciary ate flushed out.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by DerrickzB: 7:12am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

Rubbish.. why is ganduje not being investigated? Is the fg going through legal means in prosecuting his man?? Why since 2016 the man was sworn in.. its now they are ready to probe.. they won't rig no election.. u be zombie

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Yyeske(m): 7:32am On Jan 20, 2019
DerrickzB:
[s][/s]

Rubbish.. why is ganduje not being investigated? Is the fg going through legal means in prosecuting his man?? Why since 2016 the man was sworn in.. its now they are ready to probe.. they won't rig no election.. u be zombie
Ganduje cannot be investigated by the federal government for now, he has immunity from investigation. Tell the court that gave a ruling that the Kano state house of assembly not to investigate the bribery case against him to do the needful so that the house can investigate and finally impeach him so that he can be tried.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by jconsulting(f): 7:43am On Jan 20, 2019
FG can't win this battle

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by GentleMoney: 8:11am On Jan 20, 2019

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by wakes: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2019
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by chrisluci: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2019

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by eagleeye2: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2019
They have the power so they can.
Modified:
There is something about power that makes you feel like a god. And certainly Buhari and his cabals are really feeling like gods. They choose which corruption case to fight and which to overlook.
That's why Oshiomole was able to opine that once you are in APC your sins will be forgiven.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by SaiAtikuTill203: 8:13am On Jan 20, 2019
I am now convinced that providence and divinity both have hands in Atiku's chances at d polls. Just this week alone d own goals against d APC can't just be mere coincidence. APC Rivers and Zamfara no candidates. The aborted siege on d CJN. Buhari show of shame on d The Candidates tv programme where he debated against himself and still fumbled even to d amusement of his Ministers. The public outcry that led to d replacement of Mr Transmission Transmitter was one of d baddest and now pressure is being mounted on d authorities to investigate d circumstances surrounding d death of Kano State REC in 2015 while he was transmitting at state level. Let me not forget d Presidential cum senatorial cum governortorial incidence in Delta State. Finally d TKO is d this Atiku visit to America where he even lodged at Trump Intnl Hotels. Truth be said with Obi beside Atiku we definitely have brighter future . Look at how matured Obi above lines are same way he urged people not to vilify but rather pray for Mbaka. Intelligence is good. Last last is d Nation newspapers Atikulating too?truth be told this election is between buhari and Atiku. Others are just after once presidential candidate title.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by aishapmbtoto: 8:15am On Jan 20, 2019
Buhari is a loser

16 Likes 2 Shares

Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work / Atiku Visits The Emir Of Lafia (Pictures) / Steps And Timelines For Resolving Presidential Election Disputes In Nigeria

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96