Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian (29434 Views)

Pictures Of Some Beautiful Places In Dubai, United Arab Emirates / ‘Di Asa’ Winner, PM, kicked off Emirates flight to Dubai for being too Fat / Random Photos Of Istanbul Turkey From The Lens Of My J2 Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Silentser(m): 11:31pm On Feb 08, 2019
Arike welcome back nw. So wetin you come
Bring for us.

2 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by PlayerMeji: 11:36pm On Feb 08, 2019
Welcome back, Arike Talks,

I hope you were able to do the account opening findings and Dubai Paypal status I inquired earlier?

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 09, 2019
PlayerMeji:
Welcome back, Arike Talks,

I hope you were able to do the account opening findings and Dubai Paypal status I inquired earlier?

Thank you bro. I learnt that Paypal is functional in Dubai and non-residents are only allowed to open a savings account. Someone else told me opening a business account is easier than opening a personal account but i don't know how legit that is. That's all i could gather, sorry i'm not of much help.

Silentser:
Arike welcome back nw. So wetin you come
Bring for us.
Thanks bro. Peace, love and unquantifiable blessings. cheesy
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 09, 2019
Aerial pictures of Lagos, Nigeria smiley

4 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by cutieme(m): 8:56am On Feb 09, 2019
ariketalks:
COMMUNICATION:
You can get a SIM card for 10AED. Registration is done on the spot and requires that you provide your international passport (Etisalat) and your visa (Du). Like anywhere else, how much and how often you recharge depends on how many minutes of talk time you use. International calls cost more so the more of those you make, the more often you'll need to top up.
One thing you must know is that WhatsApp calls are barred in Dubai but nothing the power of VPN can't fix.
By the way, data is extremely expensive there but all hotels give guests free access to their WiFi so that is covered.

Estimated cost:
30AED - 70AED for 14 days.
Please can you expanciate more on the power of VPN and how it can be applied for one to be able to make Whatsapp calls,thanks.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by spartacus11(m): 9:29am On Feb 09, 2019
ariketalks:

Trust me I haven't forgotten. I am back in Nigeria now (got back yesterday) but no light to charge the phone that has all the pictures and info I plan to share. I'm on it though so please be patient. smiley

Please don't let them close this thread

Maka why. Nigeria Nepa falling hand since 1882.

8 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by sconp: 9:45am On Feb 09, 2019
cutieme:
Please can you expanciate more on the power of VPN and how it can be applied for one to be able to make Whatsapp calls,thanks.

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 09, 2019
spartacus11:

Maka why. Nigeria Nepa falling hand since 1882.
grin
cutieme:
Just download one from your mobile store. It allows you change your location when you run it. That way you can bypass the WhatsApp call ban.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by cutieme(m): 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2019
ariketalks:

grin

Just download one from your mobile store. It allows you change your location when you run it. That way you can bypass the WhatsApp call ban.
Please I am a novice o,can u break it down for me?I mean the VPN stuff because,i did that and many VPN app were outlined.Please i'd like to know the one to download,thanks.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by spartacus11(m): 1:56pm On Feb 09, 2019
cutieme:
Please I am a novice o,can u break it down for me?I mean the VPN stuff because,i did that and many VPN app were outlined.Please i'd like to know the one to download,thanks.

Are u in UAE?

4 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2019
cutieme:
1. Open your mobile store.
2. In the search bar, type "VPN" and press enter.
3. Select any of the listed ones with high rating.
4. Download.
5. Run the application.

Follow the instructions from there. It's quite straightforward. smiley

2 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2019
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by manneger2: 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2019
cutieme:
I thought u are yet to enter uae

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by cutieme(m): 8:45pm On Feb 09, 2019
smiley
manneger2:

wink
manneger2:

Just getting prepared bro.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by WIZGUY69(m): 7:43am On Feb 10, 2019
ariketalks:
Aerial pictures of Lagos, Nigeria smiley

50 shades of ugliness.
Typical of a 3red world country.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by madridguy(m): 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
Interesting thread.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Shibbi(m): 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2019
Nice one , followed to the end. Really interesting thread. Thanks to @Ariketalks.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Investmentfreak: 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2019
Who else wants to travel next month

Please how much should I budget?

Not tourist visa please
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 10, 2019
Shibbi:
Nice one , followed to the end. Really interesting thread. Thanks to @Ariketalks.
Thanks for following smiley
madridguy:
Interesting thread.
Thanks brother.
WIZGUY69:

50 shades of ugliness.
Typical of a 3red world country.
It's not that bad na. Lol grin

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 10, 2019
Investmentfreak:
Who else wants to travel next month

Please how much should I budget?

Not tourist visa please

I've heard accomodation is very expensive. If you plan to relocate, just have as much money to last you 3 months or more. Better to have excess than to be stranded. Btw, if there's a UAE thread on NL, you should post there. You will find people who know better.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Zoey1: 10:51pm On Feb 11, 2019
If you really do mean business, give your quote here.
Why should people add you before getting to patronize you.
Spell it out if they are interested they will get in touch, that's business.

AmunaNo1:
The travel and tour company i work for is organizing a trip to dubai from may 1 - 7 this year. We are going as a group of about 80+ people so we got seriously discounted prices on all expenses including flight, accomodation, etc. if you are interested and wanna come along with us we still got spaces to sell. contact me on 08168828222.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by centoqoh(m): 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2019
AmunaNo1:

A text or call to find it out for yourself wont hurt. If you don't like my marketing style please ignore it in the future

Thanks.

A simple ban for spamming this post won't hurt, would it?
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by horlarynkah: 12:33pm On Feb 19, 2019
Please if you have being to Dubai United Arab Emirates , kindly fill this survey, and share with anyone who visited also Thanks so much

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc4X64m2bQ3FbUKHS8Dekcupxy8KUyCU5OBOTjboVErkYQWSQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by EbonyCy(f): 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2019
interesting thread
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2019
EbonyCy:
interesting thread
Thanks sis.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by fomat11: 2:31pm On May 01, 2019
Please i am in Dubai Currently with a 1 month tourist Visa. I am thinking of extension. The guy who did the visa is asking for $700 for the total package to Extend it. That is travel to another country and be back same day with a new visa. Please any Advise on this and/or how i can beat down this cost. Thank you
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 01, 2019
fomat11:
Please i am in Dubai Currently with a 1 month tourist Visa. I am thinking of extension. The guy who did the visa is asking for $700 for the total package to Extend it. That is travel to another country and be back same day with a new visa. Please any Advise on this and/or how i can beat down this cost. Thank you
If you went through an agent then i'm afraid only the agent can assist with the extension. However, if you can contact the agency s/he used just to confirm the price, do so. The problem is the agency will not extend for you except they see the agent who started it. $700 is on the high side though. We dint pay up to that for 3 of us but then, we went with a 2 weeks visa if that makes any difference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Truck Carrying Onions Had Accident In Koto, Kogi, Many Injured, Dead (Graphic) / Fly Emirates Airlines Commence Flight Operations At New Terminal In Abuja - Pics / EIU: Lagos Is The World’s Most Dangerous City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.