Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian (29440 Views)

Pictures Of Some Beautiful Places In Dubai, United Arab Emirates / ‘Di Asa’ Winner, PM, kicked off Emirates flight to Dubai for being too Fat / Random Photos Of Istanbul Turkey From The Lens Of My J2 Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
We bought red grapes for 4.95AED shocked

4 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Taofeekdboy(m): 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
ariketalks:

I learnt there are churches and no, christians don't need to hide to worship. They seem pretty liberal.
Forget the sun o. This place is far from hot. It is very very breezy. I've not used my handkerchief today at all despite the extended minutes of trekking.
It may or may not be unbearable depending on your body's endurance.

We only spent last night in Sharjah so i can't give a correct answer, i'm sorry.

I know right. Everything is just so positively different from Nigeria. May God help us.
It is winter here now, during summer: you can't even walk under the hot sun, that's why they call uae sun city, October to mid of April used to be cold but from April ending to September, Chai the sun can finish person embarassed

12 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by NONNYG: 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
@Op; hope you’re well prepared to enjoy UAE, Dubai to be precise ; food wey sweet na money kill am, let me suggest some places you should visit;
1. Desert
2. Global village
3. Dubai parks
4. Dubai Mall,,, aquarium
5. Burj Khalifa
6. Cruise tour
7. Helicopter tour across The Palm Jumeirah
8. La Perle show
9. Sky diving
10. Gold souk
11. Yas island Abu Dhabi
ETC enjoy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by suyamasta(m): 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2019
Nice one thanks op for sharing, Nigeria na we do ourselves Sha see d same oil money working o

5 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2019
NONNYG:
@Op; hope you’re well prepared to enjoy UAE, Dubai to be precise ; food wey sweet na money kill am, let me suggest some places you should visit;
1. Desert
2. Global village
3. Dubai parks
4. Dubai Mall,,, aquarium
5. Burj Khalifa
6. Cruise tour
7. Helicopter tour across The Palm Jumeirah
8. La Perle show
9. Sky diving
10. Gold souk
11. Yas island Abu Dhabi
ETC enjoy
Thanks so much bro. I appreciate.
suyamasta:
Nice one thanks op for sharing, Nigeria na we do ourselves Sha see d same oil money working o
Thanks for following. Hopefully we all live long enough to see the Nigeria of our dreams.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Shinner2010(m): 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
ariketalks:

Thanks so much bro. I appreciate.

Thanks for following. Hopefully we all live long enough to see the Nigeria of our dreams.
amin

3 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Silentser(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2019
Op enjoy yourself. But I thought Dubai is like those Europe country that fill with snow.

Well enjoy yourself. I will write my own one day she.

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by MissSweet(f): 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
Did some research in the past and found out 10percent of people living in Dubai are native citizen while the remaining 90 percents are Indians and foreigners.

3 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by manneger2: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2019
MissSweet:
Did some research in the past and found out 10percent of people living in Dubai are native citizen while the remaining 90 percents are Indians and foreigners.
You are correct
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by NONNYG: 6:59pm On Jan 21, 2019
MissSweet:
about 20% locals; highest Indians followed by Filipinos & other nationalities, Then Kenyans are the highest from Africa

8 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by NONNYG: 6:59pm On Jan 21, 2019
manneger2:

You are correct
Success in your interview
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
Silentser:
Op enjoy yourself. But I thought Dubai is like those Europe country that fill with snow.

Well enjoy yourself. I will write my own one day she.
So far, i'm yet to see snow but the weather has been extremely cool. Despite extended minutes of walking, i haven't used my handkerchief and i'm someone who usually sweats very easily.
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by suyamasta(m): 9:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
ariketalks:

Amen!

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
Sorry for the delay. The only time i can post is when we're back at the hotel where WiFi is available.

Dhow Cruise, Dubai
Dinner on a boat floating on the Dubai creek. Adults can (allegedly) expect to cough up about 160AED for this experience. It's cheaper for kids but still quite pricey.
The creek is on Baniyas Road, Dubai.

Sun and Sky Floating Restaurant.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by manneger2: 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
NONNYG:
Success in your interview
Thanks
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2019
There are always several deals so expect to find varying prices.

This one is tagged Oberoi Cruise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2019
Oberoi Cruise

2 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
More

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
Random pictures from the streets

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
More

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
Dubai creek (Where the Dhow Cruise happens)

3 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2019
The time is now 01:24 GST but people are going about their businesses. (Some) shops are still open, people are still out eating, vehicles are still moving and pedestrians are also on the move.
Even shops that have closed are only protected by transparent glass doors with the lights inside turned on. So you can still window-shop and return to purchase during business hours.

7 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
Here's what we had for dinner.
▪Grilled chicken
▪Salad
▪Unleavened bread
▪Fries
▪Mayonnaise

I had kiwi juice. (First time trying it)

The meal (excluding the Kiwi juice and Fries) cost 25AED

6 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
Good night...See you tomorrow. smiley

3 Likes

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 21, 2019
chai. Dis ur dubai don dy swit me alrdy oh.Hu wil Cuman cari me nah!

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by davide470(m): 12:27am On Jan 22, 2019
ariketalks:
Good night...See you tomorrow. smiley
Good night.

We want more pictures! cheesy

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by fashmann(m): 1:05am On Jan 22, 2019
chufor:

Boss how far?
I saw your drawing, nice one

Boss man
Thanks...chat me up bro
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by fashmann(m): 1:14am On Jan 22, 2019
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by fashmann(m): 1:15am On Jan 22, 2019
ariketalks:
The time is now 01:24 GST but people are going about their businesses. (Some) shops are still open, people are still out eating, vehicles are still moving and pedestrians are also on the move.
Even shops that have closed are only protected by transparent glass doors with the lights inside turned on. So you can still window-shop and return to purchase during business hours.

Wow..
Nice one

1 Like

Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 22, 2019
fashmann:

Wow..
Nice one
Thanks bro.
davide470:
Good night.

We want more pictures! cheesy
I will post more as soon as i can. smiley
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by Gerrard59(m): 11:57am On Jan 22, 2019
ariketalks:
Here's what we had for dinner.
▪Grilled chicken
▪Salad
▪Unleavened bread
▪Fries
▪Mayonnaise

I had kiwi juice. (First time trying it)

The meal (excluding the Kiwi juice and Fries) cost 25AED

Nice one.

Una dey chop oh cheesy
Re: See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian by chiboy1116: 4:58pm On Jan 22, 2019
ariketalks:
We bought red grapes for 4.95AED shocked
it's actually cheap

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Truck Carrying Onions Had Accident In Koto, Kogi, Many Injured, Dead (Graphic) / Fly Emirates Airlines Commence Flight Operations At New Terminal In Abuja - Pics / EIU: Lagos Is The World’s Most Dangerous City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.