Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? (16056 Views)

What Is Our Purpose In The World / Where Will One Go After Death If Without Achieving Its Purpose On Earth? / What Is Our Purpose On Earth? A Worth Reading Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by paddyofboss(m): 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2019
calddon:
I believe in one God without any extra attachment or partner(s) (Deuteronomy 6:4)

I believe Jesus died for the sins of believing humans(1John 2:1,2)
Great reply

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by bullabong(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
Omnipresent:
I was thinking it would be a scientific discussion and rushed to open , only to see it derail towards some christian stuff even after you recognized all religions version of human origins. Smh
Same thing i tot also only to see some religious Yigiyaga.
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
Your mortality is a by-product of sexual reproduction, your body is a bio-machine built from nano-machines but piloted by an intelligent being with expertise beyond levels of 3rd Dimension. humanity It is that being that wakes us up in the morning when it gets back from a journey outside the body.

Consider the mind as an AI, and the human being as an Observer who imagines creativity into existence by hardwork or money, which ever you choose. We are robots designed in the image of the Elohim (those who from the sky came). Adam was a test-tube baby, and Even was built from the stem cells extracted from Adam, and we are their offsprings, so I guess God Enki and Lucifer understands that though they built our body, the spirit that runs us is Divine OS, hence their Iluminato Mind Controls.

What ever you want in this world is yours, you did not consent to be here, that is why you do not remember, cos if they made you remember, you probably would have committed suicide with crack cocaine. All religions are mind control, even spirituality. We are nothing but conscious robots, but the good news is that we are piloted by Advanced Intelligence called Soul, capable of surviving in many worlds and dimensions.

Get to know the holder of the console of your life and you'd be okay. You can transfer your consciousness to a different biological machine after you die. It is called reincarnation, but do not let them send you to where they want and wipe your memory if you realize yourself, then you have no doubts who you will be in the next life.

Cookies crumbling....
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by ainas247: 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
johnydon22:
what is your purpose in heaven afterwards?

Let me get to heaven first then I will answer

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by UyiIredia(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2019
The facts I see in the world suggest to me there is a Creator we call God. I no longer accept the statements of mere men claiming they are the Creator made flesh or speak the will of the Creator for men to follow. I will prefer the Creator speaks for Himself and clear the air.

Meanwhile, I agree with atheists that you make your own purpose. No need for prayer to find it out though whatever works for you is quite okay.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2019
Vibesking:
I've thought intently on this question and here's my verdict: I believe God created humans; and he did it because he was bored.
Receiving praises from angels and celestial beings probably became mundane and He decided to change the narrative.
People say God doesn't need humans; that He can raise up stones to serve Him, yet He observes everything and anything every individual does!
What else does God do with His time? Than to monitor the actions of mankind. Think about it... Ya'll are just entertainment.

Look at it this way.

No Creator or Artists create for fun, usually it is for money. We were designed by human beings, if you prefer, humanoid beings who needed us to work in the field and make them money just as we create robots today.

We were designed for money making, tax, tithes, donations, wall street, wars etc. All these bring money to the advanced homo sapiens or homo capensis. They look exactly like us, but can also change shape and size. They live amongst us.

We are spirit beings, we are from here and our purpose is to build the earth real estate.

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by ainas247: 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
sloo1:

So God created and place u on earth so that u will make heaven? Why didnt God place u in heaven.

I have assigments for Him that is why He placed me on Earth. If I am done with the assignments He will take me.

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Drdreyy: 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
itsIYKE:
Everybody has a single of encompassing purpose on this earth plane, that is to help the universe understand itself , the universe wants only one thing which is to know and experience every possibility of itself there is, your life and mine only matters because at death the universal mind collects all our experiences and moves closer to total self understanding (this is the seven minutes or so scientists talked about where all your life experiences is played back) ....there is no God waiting to judge u and condemn u at death, after death is life again, you are purely consciousness,you are not whatever name that u bear, u are not ur emotions, u are not ur thoughts, u are not ur experience.... We gather all these as we grow and age and at death taken by the universal mind and our consciousness is recycled, clean and neat...re-incarnation is realer than u think....some ask why they don't remember their previous life if they ve undergone re-incarnation, its simply cos u ve submitted all the experiences u gathered in ur previous life....we are all Gods that have amnesia......I'd love to go on but then.

Interesting, but there are still many flaws in this answer/line of thought.

You claim the universe wants to know and experience everybit of itself, and you think human consciousness is enough?... human consciousness/experiences is limited to this earth and I believe you know how vast the universe is? The earth is just an infinitesimal part of the whole universe. So how does it get to experience other parts of its vast self? And what happens if it eventually gets to experience all?

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by jarvis4: 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
The essence of GOD is a mystery and it only takes a blind faith to follow Him.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by johnydon22(m): 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
ainas247:

Let me get to heaven first then I will answer

Lol. Good one

2 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Gracespecial101(m): 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2019
@Op Not all questions should be asked and Not all questions needs an answer some are better just left in our minds.
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by itsIYKE(m): 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
Drdreyy:

Interesting, but there are still many flaws in this answer/line of thought.

You claim the universe wants to know and experience everybit of itself, and you think human consciousness is enough?... human consciousness/experiences is limited to this earth and I believe you know how vast the universe is? The earth is just an infinitesimal part of the whole universe. So how does it get to experience other parts of its vast self? And what happens if it eventually gets to experience all?

Don't think consciousness is only found in living things, consciousness resides in every thing made out of matter, it was the ancient sages that said consciousness is asleep in minerals, dreams in plants, wakes up in animals and becomes self-aware in human beings..... As to what comes after experiencing all, what happened at THE BIG BANG will happen again, all things collapse into SINGULARITY to be released again.....I'm still on my own journey of enlightenment, I don't know it all

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by captaininiobong(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]the free life in us, the free air we breathe, the freedom we think we have is from a price paid not by money, but blood. blood is a function of human body. we should know that when the world ends christ will certainly avenge on those who paid no attention to his sacrifice which he shed a blood for our redemption and rose again because GOD cannot die. we must live everyday in accordance to the precept of Jesus.
What Will Determine Our Focus With Him Is Our HEART AND MIND. our heart is where his spirit stays, and our mind is what stimulates the spirit to come in to our hearts. All these are controlled by our thoughts or imaginations.
WHAT WE SHOULD DO
1. BELIEVE JESUS AS GOD
2. DO THE RIGHT AND STOP THE WRONG.
3. Pray for the spirit of Jesus to cordinate you.
join "the brotherhood of bama intiative" on facebook, where we get to expose you to mankind and spirituality. we humans seems to understand the physical but dont understand the inter connection between both to reflect in physical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by wait: 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
We are from somewhere and our purpose is to understand.

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by ainas247: 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
johnydon22:

Lol. Good one

grin
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by lordswill03: 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
I'll get back to you on this! For real, I will
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by PlanckTime: 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
''In my personal opinion, the purpose is depending on whether we are only focusing on this physical world or we also broaden our horizon to include what will happen after we have died in this physical world. We know that we human beings need to go through the human life cycle including: birth, growth, sickness & death. Some people believe there is no other chapter of life after we were dead - just like the lighted candle being put off & nothing can be done. Some believe there is reincarnation. Some believe there is another world either heaven or hell is awaiting us etc. If there is a new chapter of life after our physical death, then how we plan / don't plan for the new chapter might influence the purpose of our lives in this physical world. As the saying goes - if we fail to plan, we plan to fail.''

By Han Ping Fung

2 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by PlanckTime: 11:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
I don't see why we have to assume humankind has a purpose. Do volcanoes have a purpose?

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Buharimustgo16F: 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
RealEstateTek:
Very eye-opening. Thanks. Like for JESUS, Share for JESUS.
My Dad and Mum make a mistake to born me in this shit hole call Nigerian, Thank God that I done relocate to my country call Germany
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Banjoramos(m): 12:45am On Jan 21, 2019
calddon:
I believe in one God without any extra attachment or partner(s) (Deuteronomy 6:4)

I believe Jesus died for the sins of believing humans(1John 2:1,2)

God had made it in His law that no man can die for another each man bear his own sins

But he slew not their children, but did as it is written in the law in the book of Moses, where the Lord commanded, saying, The fathers shall not die for the children, neither shall the children die for the fathers, but every man shall die for his own sin.
2 chronicles 25:4

The whole story about Jesus die for sins contradict reasons, logic and justice.

If you really love Jesus then you have to seek for truth true faith has nothing to do with emotions

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Tejiriseth(m): 12:59am On Jan 21, 2019
"Sex is so
Powerful, it's the spiritual activity of
humans to create a new human"

I lost Interest after I read this..
Op this doesnt make any sense..
Its damn physical and even animals engage in it... Ours is mostly for pleasure sef..
Whats the big deal
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Lotechi(m): 2:30am On Jan 21, 2019
The sperm cells were not competing. It's just nature taking its course. As humans, we were no where before we became babies in the womb.
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Darevofpeace(m): 4:04am On Jan 21, 2019
kapelvej:
God is all knowing, why test us. He should already know those that will fail and so simply don't create them in the first please. Please I am not an atheist, please I just need an explanation please
He has given us the power of "free will" to choose between the "right and the wrong" if man got no free will,we would not be held responsible for our action's and inactions ,it then meant that we are robot (already programmed) the "free will" is the major reason the whole earth is in turmoil,people are using the power to oppress one another instead of creating more avenue for generational impact's

2 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by BackToLife: 6:38am On Jan 21, 2019
Learning the important here.

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by EternalBeing: 6:39am On Jan 21, 2019
Akoja360:
if its purpose you seek then religion is the wrong place to start your search.. you need to come to terms with the fact that there is no God. ,heal from that first..only then would you see the world differently the way it really is... then you'd understand there is no tother than life itself....so live and enjoy it while you still have it........
Not true at all, experience has shown that GOD ALMIGHTY is real and Satan is real. I was not brainwashed into giving my Life to JESUS. In my relentless search for meaning of Life, I've practiced traditional voodoo, I've practiced Islam, I was an ardent follower of T. Lobsang Rampa in MetaPhysics, Kundalini, Chakras doctrines, Pineal gland( Third Eye). It was later that I discovered them to be demonic deceits: https://jesustruthdeliverance.com/2019/01/05/kundalini-awakening-or-demonic-possession/ In meta Physics, we were always warned not to fear in the astral world because if you fear, one of the terrible demons you'll sure encounter would hijack your soul and your silver cord would break which means automatic death. My friend and I have seen demons in physical manifestation, if it was only me, I would have thought it was an illusion or I was hallucinating. I've stumbled on witches meeting deep in the dark night. The curiosity that there must be a good GOD that would judge all these evil beings led me to historically and scientifically research JESUS CHRIST. I discovered HE's the only one that ever conquered the greatest and most dreaded enemy of Man, which is death. In addition, both Bible and Quran agrees that HE ascended to Heaven with humans witnessing it. Both agrees that HE's the only Man that is currently in Heaven with the great CREATOR, they agree HE's the only Man that has been alive for over 2,000 years. I came to the undeniable conspicuous conclusion that JESUS is the Only Way to the CREATOR and to Eternal Life, and I accepted HIM permanently. HE's been more that faithful, dependable and reliable to me. Accept JESUS today, tomorrow may be too late!

4 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by BackToLife: 7:27am On Jan 21, 2019
Banjoramos:

The most important question in life is 'Why are we here?'

Well, whyarewe here? To amass fame and fortune? To make music and babies? To be the richest man or woman in the graveyard for, as we are jokingly told, 'He who dies with the most toys wins?'

No, there must be more to life than that, so let's think about this.To begin with, look around you. Unless you live in a cave, you are surrounded by things we humans have made with our own hands.Now, why did we make those things? The answer, of course, is that we make things to perform some specific function for us.In short, we make things to serve us.So by extension, why did God make us, if not to serve Him?

If we acknowledge our Creator, and that He created humankind to serve Him, the next question is, 'How? How do we serve Him?' No doubt, this question is best answered by the One who made us.If He created us to serve Him, then He expects us to function in a particular manner, if we are to achieve our purpose.But how can we know what that manner is? How can we know what God expects from us?

[b] Well, consider this: God gave us light, by which we can find our way. Even at night, we have the moon for light and the stars for navigation. God gave other animals guidance systems best suited for their conditions and needs. Migrating birds can navigate, even on overcast days, by how light is polarized as it passes through the clouds. Whales migrate by 'reading' the Earth's magnetic fields. Salmon return from the open ocean to spawn at the exact spot of their birth by smell, if that can be imagined.Fish sense distant movements through pressure receptors that line their bodies. Bats and blind river dolphins 'see' by sonar.Certain marine organisms (the electric eel being a high-voltage example) generate and 'read' magnetic fields, allowing them to 'see' in muddy waters, or in the blackness of ocean depths. Insects communicate by pheromones.Plants sense sunlight and grow towards it (phototrophism); their roots sense gravity and grow into the earth (geotrophism). In short, God has gifted every element of His creation with guidance. Can we seriously believe he would not give us guidance on the one most important aspect of our existence, namely ourraison d'etreour reason for being? That he would not give us the tools by which to achieve salvation? [/b]
So what does the Creator, God, tell us about our purpose in life? God states in the Quran that He created the human to be His trustee on earth. Mankind's basic trust, our responsibility, is to believe in and worship God:

And I did not create the jinn and humankind except to worship Me'¦ [Quran 51:56-58]

Very simple! The purpose for man's creation is to worship the Creator.
I really appreciate this. Thanks.
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Vibesking(m): 8:43am On Jan 21, 2019
Capensis:

Look at it this way.

No Creator or Artists create for fun, usually it is for money. We were designed by human beings, if you prefer, humanoid beings who needed us to work in the field and make them money just as we create robots today.

We were designed for money making, tax, tithes, donations, wall street, wars etc. All these bring money to the advanced homo sapiens or homo capensis. They look exactly like us, but can also change shape and size. They live amongst us.

We are spirit beings, we are from here and our purpose is to build the earth real estate.

If you're saying humans were created by advanced homo sapiens - "humanoids", who then created the humanoids?

3 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by kapelvej: 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2019
Darevofpeace:
He has given us the power of "free will" to choose between the "right and the wrong" if man got no free will,we would not be held responsible for our action's and inactions ,it then meant that we are robot (already programmed) the "free will" is the major reason the whole earth is in turmoil,people are using the power to oppress one another instead of creating more avenue for generational impact's
so he created to come to the world and express the free will. But he already know what options we will choose. The question is that, he is all knowing, he knows what choices we are going to make even before he created us. So to whom do we need to demonstrate this free will to. To whom do we have to show to that we are either worthy or not worthy of everlasting life
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2019
abbaapple:
sad

Fake world! Fake life!!! The so called Life is a dream! Spits

biggest lie....that Isis and bill gate part

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Darevofpeace(m): 10:57am On Jan 22, 2019
kapelvej:
so he created to come to the world and express the free will. But he already know what options we will choose. The question is that, he is all knowing, he knows what choices we are going to make even before he created us. So to whom do we need to demonstrate this free will to. To whom do we have to show to that we are either worthy or not worthy of everlasting life
There are only two option's in life,you do the right thing and do the wrong,anything that makes humanity lives improve and more better are right things and any of our action's that devalues humanity are wrong,now what you do with those freewill would determine the consequences of life after death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by kapelvej: 11:04am On Jan 22, 2019
Darevofpeace:
There are only two option's in life,you do the right thing and do the wrong,anything that makes humanity lives improve and more better are right things and any of our action's that devalues humanity are wrong,now what you do with those freewill would determine the consequences of life after death.
is that what my question is about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is Christian Dating So Difficult? / Living Faith Church Has Six Million Members Across 147 Countries – Oyedepo / Reason(s) For Missing Church Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.