Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,747 members, 7,806,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide (2183 Views)

Ministerial Nominee, Sani Danladi Barred By Supreme Court From Political Office / G5 Governors About To Commit Political Suicide / Lauretta Onochie On Sowore Arrest: “DSS Saved Him From Setting Self Ablaze” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
With Tactics battles are won but with strategies wars are won
Chinese Proverb

cc Mynd44

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by StOla: 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2019
So Atiku saved himself from the disgrace and shame that him and the PDP deserve after 16years of corruption, theft and sleaze?

But can he save himself from defeat when he can only boast of support from the SouthEast?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
finally

2 Likes

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by Abfinest007(m): 1:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
Thats what everybody is saying forgetting atiku has to defend d policoes he want to implement as president

5 Likes

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by CaptainGOOD: 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
grin
Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by Kwamecron(m): 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
angry
Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
grin grin
Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by IBBG(m): 2:27pm On Jan 20, 2019
this summation is really interesting. The writer of this piece is truly a political scientist. I must also admit, atiku's handlers are sagacious, to be able to decipher this on time, as we can not pass a judgement or mark an exam script that was never written. We can only speculate, on what would have likely been the outcome without a first hand experience. And it also makes the job of defending him easier, because it is more harder to defend real blunder from a speculated blunder that never had the chance to occur, as was the case with the president and the town hall chat, that is still reverberating across our political space.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by EasternActivist: 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
Abfinest007:
Thats what everybody is saying forgetting atiku has to defend d policoes he want to implement as president

What about buharis policies?

Or have you accepted he has none??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by Ojiofor: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:
So Atiku saved himself from the disgrace and shame that him and the PDP deserve after 16years of corruption, theft and sleaze?

But can he save himself from defeat when he can only boast of support from the SouthEast?

Make you dey deceive yourself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by Guestlander: 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
IBBG:
this summation is really interesting. The writer of this piece is truly a political scientist. I must also admit, atiku's handlers are sagacious, to be able to decipher this on time, as we can not pass a judgement or mark an exam script that was never written. We can only speculate, on what would have likely been the outcome without a first hand experience. And it also makes the job of defending him easier, because it is more harder to defend real blunder from a speculated blunder that never had the chance to occur, as was the case with the president and the town hall chat, that is still reverberating across our political space.

Sagacious indeed! When a voter is not sure about a challenger he is more likely to vote for the incumbent.
Atiku messed up, he acted like a rookie and not like a former vice president.
If you are going for a job interview you don't turn back and go home simply because someone decided not to show up.
The debates are like a job interview. As of today, the Nigerian people know what Buhari is up to and what to expect but they still have no clue about his closest challenger.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by supereagle(m): 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
I love the proverb. We have a similar one in the Bible.
Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by Sirjamo: 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
IBBG:
But it is Atiku who needed the debate to raise his chances in the election, Buhari already looks good for victory With or without a debate.
If I were Atiku, I would have given it a try, you can't win a lottery without buying the ticket.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by Richdad50(m): 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
Your assertions make political discourse unattractive.
That's because you are dumb and dull equally. You deflate quickly from the subject of attention to something vain, prejudiced, and bigoted.
I feel for you Son. Your mate just outlined the benefits of strategy and you are here talking SouthEast support.
I feel for you boy. If you can't get it here, you may never get it anywhere. I really feel for you child.

#Richdad
StOla:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by IBBG(m): 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2019
Sirjamo:
But it is Atiku who needed the debate to raise his chances in the election, Buhari already looks good for victory With or without a debate.
If I were Atiku, I would have given it a try, you can't win a lottery without buying the ticket.

of buhari doesn't need a debate to win an election, then atiku also doesn't need one to as well win the elections. Afterall history has it that anyone who participated in the debate has never won a presidential elections. Whatever excuse is good for buhari is also good for atiku.

1 Like

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by uchennamani(m): 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
Guestlander:

Sagacious indeed! When a voter is not sure about a challenger he is more likely to vote for the incumbent.
Atiku messed up, he acted like a rookie and not like a former vice president.
If you are going for a job interview you don't turn back and go home simply because someone decided not to show up.
The debates are like a job interview. As of today, the Nigerian people know what Buhari is up to and what to expect but they still have no clue about his closest challenger.
Oga, you missed the point. With Buhari, other candidates would have ripped Atiku apart. Who is Atiku stand when Moghalu and Mrs Ezekwesili are talking. They would out class him with facts and oratory. Atiku knew this and chose to ran away with Buhari absent. You don't fight a fight you can't win.

I won't support his decision to skip the debate. But he did the right thing to escape insults and back lash from the duo of Moghalu and Ezekwesili

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by onyinyechi94: 5:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
of course he cant and he wont win so he can keep fooling himself
StOla:

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by BafanaBafana: 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2019
Even if Atiku attended and didn't say a word, ipob supporters would have praised him for maturity, even if he was roasted by the other smart guys, the story would have been that he attended at least and is better than Buhari who didn't show up. At the end it was his loss. He lost a good number of undecided voters.
Buhari doesn't need to woo voters. His support base remains unshakable no matter what.

1 Like

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by revolt(m): 6:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
IBBG:
yes true talk... That guy is s political scientist . In fact one of the most intelligent I've ever seen in my life. I Duff my cap

1 Like

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by Hotfreezer: 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
Atiku is a full time thief but a part time liar and coward.

This same idiot ran away during the signing of the peace pact.

He was lying like an imbecil@ until he was severally dragged before he confessed.

Anyway, when Ipob pigs support someone, such a person is a criminal marked for misfortune.

1 Like

Re: How Atiku's Smart Move Saved Him From Political Suicide by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 8:07pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hotfreezer:
Atiku is a full time thief but a part time liar and coward.

This same idiot ran away during the signing of the peace pact.

He was lying like an imbecil@ until he was severally dragged before he confessed.

Anyway, when Ipob pigs support someone, such a person is a criminal marked for misfortune.

I'm so ashamed of Nigerians honestly. This thread was intended for intellectual political discourse yet you guys are busy throwing tantrums and false accusations.
You need to sign up to other countries forum like reddit &learn.
Grow up boy!!!

(1) (Reply)

See The RUGA I Set Up In My House: Photo / Army Reveal Those Behind Southern Kaduna Killing / The Willink Commission Report Of "1958"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.