Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Australian Open: 20-year-old Tsitsipas Defeats Defending Champion Roger Federer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Australian Open: 20-year-old Tsitsipas Defeats Defending Champion Roger Federer (275 Views)

The 15 Most Popular Athletes Of All Time Ft, Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt, Federer & Ali / Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals / Roger Federer Wins 100th ATP Tour Singles Title (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Australian Open: 20-year-old Tsitsipas Defeats Defending Champion Roger Federer by Gisthoodng(m): 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
Australian Open Defending champion Roger Federer is out after Greek 14th seed Stefanos Tsitsipas earned the biggest win of his career to reach the quarter-finals.

The Swiss lost 6-7 (11-13) 7-6 (7-3) 7-5 7-6 (7-5) on a dramatic night.

Federer, a six-time champion, failed to reach the last eight in Melbourne for only the second time in 16 years.

Tsitsipas, 20, saved all 12 of 37-year-old Federer's break points on his wayto a famous win.

MySportDab report the 20-year-old player became the first Greek man or woman ever to reach a Grand Slam quarter-final.

"I'm the happiest man on earth right now, I can't describe it," he said.

'I actually from the very beginning I kept the mindset to believe inmyself and my capabilities.

"Roger is a legend, he showed such goodtennis over the years, I have been analysing him since the age of six. It wasa dream come true facing him.

"It's very important to have an aggressive mindset and not think too much of what is going to happen. I didn't lose my patience, that was key to save the break points. I haven't seen such a loud crowd in my life."

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/01/australian-open-stefanos-tsitsipas.html

cc Lalasticlala

Re: Australian Open: 20-year-old Tsitsipas Defeats Defending Champion Roger Federer by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
Congrats Tsitsipas

Age don dey tell on Federer.

(1) (Reply)

Why Must Barcelona Sign Boateng / Sports Highlight: Chelsea 5 - 0 Huddersfield 2019(watch/download Video) / Ogunjobi, Ex-nff General Secretary Banned For 10 Years For Corruption, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.