Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (78044 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2010
dayokanu:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/7972022/Manchester-United-manager-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-gives-gloves-to-Chelseas-Petr-Cech.html

Player of the year awards. No wonder Mourinho is the best coach in the world tongue He sees quality even in his sleep.

Will you stop spamming the thread with useless junks angry angry

If bastian is the best player in the world, then Messi, sneijder, Xavi and Villa are the best players in our solar system

The same Bastian that was taught footballing lessons by xavi and Iniesta at the world cup. How can a player that isn't even the best in

his position be the worlds best?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2010
Di santo has never really struck me as a player with the potential to become great and I'm glad Ancelotti recognised that as well

He has finally moved to a befitting club. goodluck to the kid.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dayokanu(m): 11:33pm On Aug 31, 2010
jalether:

Will you stop spamming the thread with useless junks angry angry

If bastian is the best player in the world, then Messi, sneijder, Xavi and Villa are the best players in our solar system

The same Bastian that was taught footballing lessons by xavi and Iniesta at the world cup. How can a player that isn't even the best in

his position be the worlds best?

Jose Mourinho said so and according to you, He is the best coach in the world
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 11:45pm On Aug 31, 2010
^^^^^^ The same mourinho that once branded Ibrahimovic and Lampard as the best footballers in the world. . . . having high status in football/sports

doesn't indicate ones personal opinion is superior or legitimate.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On Aug 31, 2010
How did the high status come?

His job is to manage players and I believe he would be able to judge the better players much more than less succesful coach like Mr Trophyless or Faggotson
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 11:55pm On Aug 31, 2010
dayokanu:

How did the high status come?

His job is to manage players and I believe he would be able to judge the better players much more than less succesful coach like Mr Trophyless or Faggotson

The same way he wrongly judged/overestimated Ibrahimovic and Lampard's quality. hey undecided. There's a reason why it's called Mou's personal opinion and as

a general rule of thumb, most opinions are often saturated with sentiments.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dayokanu(m): 12:08am On Sep 01, 2010
Personal opinion of Warren Buffet would hold more water than that of Alhaji Bashy when it comes to Money management.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 8:31am On Sep 01, 2010
jalether:

Di santo has never really struck me as a player with the potential to become great and I'm glad Ancelotti recognised that as well

He has finally moved to a befitting club. goodluck to the kid.

Did you know what Drogba was like when he was 21? There was no single element of greatness in him.
Some players don't peak until a certain age.
We will look back on this move some day and wonder what we did not see.
The boy lost his confidence going to play rugby in Blackburn. Sometimes we need to persist.
Use the cup competition to give young players a run in the side. . . And never send players on loan to clubs that play rubbish football.
I stick my neck on the line. . . He WILL become a hit in the prem and transfer to one of the top five clubs for £30m very very soon.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by v3: 8:55am On Sep 01, 2010
nateevs:

Did you know what Drogba was like when he was 21? There was no single element of greatness in him.
The boy lost his confidence going to play rugby in Blackburn. Sometimes we need to persist.
Use the cup competition to give young players a run in the side. . . And never send players on loan to clubs that play rubbish football.
I stick my neck on the line. . . He WILL become a hit in the prem and transfer to one of the top five clubs for £30m very very soon.
Dang, you took the words right out my lips smiley
Yes he's been underperforming but shipping him out ain't the best thing to do. . It woulda been nice if he'd gone on loan again to maybe a championship side cuz BB just turns footballers into rugby players and they lose it altogether. Then again, it's Chelsea
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 9:18am On Sep 01, 2010
Di santo showed several flashes of brilliance. Even scott sinclair is running tings for swansea now. The last two youngsters we discarded hastily were stoch and lass diarra. I hope we will not lose kakuta either cos if we refuse to give him time on pitch he will leave.
Di santo was praised for his allround game @ blackburn but too much rugby affected his confidence. Likewise proven hotshot like kalinic is struggling with their style which is better suited to powerful wastepipes like Samba and Mame Diouf. I'm convinced of Di santos quality. Watch him do a Forlan.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 01, 2010
nateevs:

I was shocked to read we sold him to Wigan.
Dude has potentials, it's unfortunate the way we keep letting them kiddies go.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2010
nateevs:

Did you follow DD's career from youth to know this? that's besides the point

So because VERY FEW players prove bookmakers wrong later in their careers means we should take the risk with Di santo when we have

better young players wasting their talents on the bench. Offloading Lass, carlton cole , Glen J and Storch was our worst decision regarding

youth development. but at least the potentials in these players were there for everyone to see. . . . ,  . . . . . .This is not a club that can afford taking any

needless risks. Yes we need to nurture young talents but only the ones with proven potentials.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 10:25am On Sep 01, 2010
Ibime:

Di santo showed several flashes of brilliance. Even scott sinclair is running tings for swansea now. The last two youngsters we discarded hastily were stoch and lass diarra. I hope we will not lose kakuta either cos if we refuse to give him time on pitch he will leave.
Di santo was praised for his allround game @ blackburn but too much rugby affected his confidence. Likewise proven hotshot like kalinic is struggling with their style which is better suited to powerful wastepipes like Samba and Mame Diouf. I'm convinced of Di santos quality. Watch him do a Forlan.

Di santo showed flashes of brilliance? where and when?

even Pius Ikedia and Fabianski have their days.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2010
jalether:

Did you follow DD's career from youth to know this? that's besides the point
So because VERY FEW players prove bookmakers wrong later in their careers means we should take the risk with Di santo when we have
better young players wasting their talents on the bench. Offloading Lass, carlton cole and Storch was our worst decision regarding youth development.
but at least the potentials in these players were there for everyone to see. . . . ,  . . . . . .This is not a club that can afford taking any needless risks. Yes we
need to nurture young talents but only the ones with proven potentials.

Even if we didn't see it in pictures, his profile is all over the internet.
Drogba only became pro at 21. . The age we gave up on DiSanto. .
Drogba made his debut at 21. . . The age we gave up on DiSanto. .
Drogba did not even impress for the first 2 seasons after.
Drogba started showing potential at 23 and he did not score 20 goals a season until he was 25.
What more do I need to say?

I am not advocating persisting with all and sundry. . . but this dude had potential.
I watched him week in week out in reserves. . . plus keeping a young player signed for £3.5m on a 4 and a half year deal is not a "RISK" for a club like Chelsea. . Dude we are not talking about Wolves here.
You got to know Lass had potential because he was given a good run in the side. .
You also got to know Stoch had potential because he was not loaned to Blackburn.
And if you admit we made a mistake on selling them off, how can we not be sure we just did again with DiSanto?
Plus Lass and Stoch are not strikers. . . If a striker blows at 21, it's because he is a wonder like Neymar, Aguero et al. . .
It's easier for mid-fielders because they never judged by the number of goals they score.

The problem is not potential but the will to allow young players a run. . . Persist even if they mess up.
Which young player has broken through in the last 10 years since JT?
If Kakuta was at Arsenal, dude will be worth £40m now and Real and Barca will be queueing up to snatch him.
He is on his last year of his contract and at this stage can choose if he wants an extension.
Arsenal are already promising him playing time. . .
Don't be surprised seeing in him in a red shirt next season. . . Chelsea can't even guarantee 45mins for a wonder kid. . . How much less DiSanto?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2010
Its saddening to hear that kakuta is in the last year of his contract. For me that means he is definitely leaving.

Does anyone know why he disappeared after the Apoel Nicosia game last season? Was it injury, ill-discipline or what?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 11:49am On Sep 01, 2010
nateevs:

I am not advocating persisting with all and sundry. . . but this dude had potential.
I watched him week in week out in reserves. . . plus keeping a young player signed for £3.5m on a 4 and a half year deal is not a "RISK" for a club like Chelsea. . Dude we are not talking about Wolves here.
You got to know Lass had potential because he was given a good run in the side. .
You also got to know Stoch had potential because he was not loaned to Blackburn.
And if you admit we made a mistake on selling them off, how can we not be sure we just did again with DiSanto?
Plus Lass and Stoch are not strikers. . . If a striker blows at 21, it's because he is a wonder like Neymar, Aguero et al. . .
It's easier for mid-fielders because they never judged by the number of goals they score.

Simple. Lass and storch unlike Disanto showed great potentials before being offloaded by the club.

We are, quite frankly, not desperately lacking quality options upfront. . . we have kalou, sturridge, they are still young and look almost set to take

over from DD and Anelka in a few years.

nateevs:

The problem is not potential but the will to allow young players a run. . . Persist even if they mess up.
Which young player has broken through in the last 10 years since JT?
If Kakuta was at Arsenal, dude will be worth £40m now and Real and Barca will be queueing up to snatch him.
He is on his last year of his contract and at this stage can choose if he wants an extension.
Arsenal are already promising him playing time. . .
Don't be surprised seeing in him in a red shirt next season. . . Chelsea can't even guarantee 45mins for a wonder kid. . . How much less DiSanto?

Now I agree with you on the bolded part.

We do not give young talent enough opportunity to show their worth and harness their potential which I find increasingly irritating

We have to wait for the Carling and fa cup to see what Carlotti will do. He apparently declared kakuta is not ready yet but Sturridge is undecided

I'm patiently waiting to see what he (carlotti)  has up his sleeves but I have a feeling I will be disappointed.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2010
Ibime:

Its saddening to hear that kakuta is in the last year of his contract. For me that means he is definitely leaving.

Does anyone know why he disappeared after the Apoel Nicosia game last season? Was it injury, ill-discipline or what?

I think his appearances coincided with the beginning of our terrible patch and Carllotti was not in the mood to experiment at the time.
Then he (Kakuta)went for two under-age competitions. One with Chelsea and the other with France.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2010
jalether:

Simple. Lass and storch unlike Disanto showed great potentials before being offloaded by the club.
We are, quite frankly, not desperately lacking quality options upfront. . . we have kalou, sturridge, they are still young and look almost set to take
over from DD and Anelka in a few years.
Now I agree with you on the bolded part.

Breaking the whole issue down, Stoch showed brilliant moments in the Chelsea reserves.
He had only two first team caps. . . One against Stoke at SB where he helped manufacture a win for 3 pts and the other I can't remember now.
That was all. It wasn't like he had showed potential week in week out. Plus if Stoch was ready at the time we Robben, Joey and Duff, he wouldn't have had a sniff of the bench. . let alone a start.

Also if Lass was around when we had Maka, Essien and Mikel all established, Lass will not know what the bench feels like.

And that my bro is the situation DiSanto found himself. At some point he had Drogba, Anelka, Kalou, Sheva, Pizzarro all in front him . . and with a culture of not looking at the young ones, he would never have had the chance. If he had the chance, he would have shown moments of brilliance.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2010
How do you determine brilliance without giving a player ample time to play?
The likes of Walcott would have had disappointing careers in CFC.

I still can't understand why we use the likes of DD, Lamps and Terry in a CC game?
Thank God for the new FA youth policy.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by debosky(m): 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2010
BlueDiva:

I still can't understand why we use the likes of DD, Lamps and Terry in a CC game?

Because it is inconceivable (since Jose) for chelski to play a competition without the express desire to win it. Doing that involves playing your best players and it has been so ever since.

The only reason for keeping Sturridge is to meet the quota, I don't think anyone really thinks he's better than DiSanto.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 12:13am On Sep 02, 2010
Di Santo has shown flashes of brilliance in several pre-season games in America.

When he first joined Chelsea in 07, he was partnering Shevchenko in the reserve team and was scoring a goal a game, double what Sheva was producing.

Again I believe the decision to send him to Blackburn was a stupid one.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 12:29am On Sep 02, 2010
debosky:

Because it is inconceivable (since Jose) for chelski to play a competition without the express desire to win it. Doing that involves playing your best players and it has been so ever since.

The only reason for keeping Sturridge is to meet the quota, I don't think anyone really thinks he's better than DiSanto.

Who says the carling and fa cup cannot be won with the combination of experienced and reserve team players.

Chelsea is a big club whose priority far exceeds the carling and fa cup. if nurturing our young talent and providing them with the

environment and opportunity to reach their full potential will jeopardise our chances of winning the, rather insignificant, cup competition, then so be it.

[b]Young [/b]world class players are rare and valuable commodities nowadays. . . . the benefit of investing in youth development in the long run far

eclipse its cost.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 12:38am On Sep 02, 2010
BlueDiva:

You are not alone.

The bolded part has puzzled me for years. we are probably the only club who still fields over 70% of its first team players in the CC.

Will things ever change at the club? managers have come and go but the policy remains unchanged.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 02, 2010
debosky:

I agree, he ain't necessarily better.

jalether:

we are probably the only club who still fields over 70% of its first team players in the CC.

Will things ever change at the club? managers have come and go but the policy remains unchanged.

The fear of RA is the beginning of wisdom.
I believe RA want's the club to win every single game each season.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by v3: 9:04am On Sep 02, 2010
What do you expect?
Alot of talent have come through the ranks in Chelsea only to see them sold out.

Katuta will leave, no doubt about it. . Di Santo is a huge loss for you guys.

@Ibime
Di Santo for me is the "Suarez" type of player, mostly quiet in a game. . but deadly in the 18-yard box
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by ritchboy(m): 10:45am On Sep 02, 2010
Kakuta is easily the best teenage forward in England. . .

If Chelsea dont need him, abeg make them pass am up north cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by v3: 10:52am On Sep 02, 2010
^
Tell them bros. . angry
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chrisical(m): 11:01am On Sep 02, 2010
Ibime:

Its saddening to hear that kakuta is [size=20pt]in the last year of his contract. [/size]For me that means he is definitely leaving.

God forbid bad thing!
Ancelotti should never allow him to be sold.He is the future of Chelsea.Any mistake in selling him will be suicidal!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2010
BlueDiva:

The fear of RA is the beginning of wisdom.
I believe RA want's the club to win every single game each season.

We lose and draw a lot of game even with the so called experienced and key players on the field. I don't think anyone would dispute the fact that

kakuta and Bruma e al are capable of rising to the task against lower rated teams (bolton,b'pool)

Perhaps Roman needs to start thinking long term. Barcelona's success over the last 3/4 years largely owes to their successful youth academy

with the like of messi,xavi,iniesta,Puyol et al coming up the ranks to become world class players
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2010
One little observation here guys.

We have been heavily linked with young players like Aguero,Neymar,Pato in the past and failed to acquire their services due to reasons beyond our control

This fact may very well imply that Carlotti and Roman appreciate young talents but lack [b]confidence and trust [/b]in our youth players and will rather buy

the so called "established young players" at a ridiculously higher price even if these players are not necessarily more talented than the players at our disposal.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chrisical(m): 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2010
^^^Gbam!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dyabman(m): 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2010
jalether:

One little observation here guys.

We have been heavily linked with young players like Aguero,Neymar,Pato in the past and failed to acquire their services due to reasons beyond our control

This fact may very well imply that Carlotti and Roman appreciate young talents but lack [b]confidence and trust [/b]in our youth players and will rather buy

the so called "established young players" at a ridiculously higher price even if these players are not necessarily more talented than the players at our disposal.

how has this affected Chelsea has a football club over the past 5-6 years. . . lipsrsealed undecided who cares about youth ? establish yourself somewhere else and we come buying , simple!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109)

Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 3) On 26th April 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 1st January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.