Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (78068 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (109) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chelseabmw(m): 6:07am On Oct 15, 2010
UP CHELSEA
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 7:01am On Oct 15, 2010
Chelsea signs U11 striker

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14102010/58/league-chelsea-splash-cash-u11-striker.html

http://www.cherianews.com/2010/10/michael-gyasi-profile-stats-photo.html

Michael Gyasi, a 11-Year-Old Striker, has just been signed by Chelsea for an undisclosed fee. The switch includes a variety of add-ons payments, which are subject to particular targets being met (most of which, I believe, relate to him actually playing for Chelsea at youth level).

Gyasi was with the Northampton Centre of Excellence for the last three years and first impressed Chelsea a year ago when he played against the Blues Under-10 team. He was invited to train with Chelsea in the summer where he turned some heads.

It's been reported in the Guardian that Chelsea will have to pay Northampton compensation of no more than £10,000 for developing the 11-year-old, who moved to England from Germany with his parents around four years ago. 11 year old wonderkid Michael Gyasi is 50/1 to make his Chelsea debut by his sixteenth birthday, according to Ladbrokes. Chelsea have signed the precocious talent from Northampton Town as they seek to find more youngsters such as Kakuta and McEachran for the future. Alex Donohue, spokesman for Ladbrokes told Bettingpro : "With talk of Drogba one day returning to Marseille, the hunt is on for a successor. If Gyasi is half as good, he’s set for a very bright future."
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2010
So much controversy about this signing on talksport right now. Darren Gough thinks he shouldn't have gone on a transfer (he should have gone but not for money). He thinks it's morally wrong.

Well, Arsenal have done this for years now.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2010
Carllotti says Drogba is not available for Aston Villa tomorrow. . . Wetin happen?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2010
In an interview on ChelseaTV, Carllotti says about Kakuta. . .

He is a very important player. For me, he has to stay but "no one is indispensable".

Remember guys I talked about Kakuta running on the last year of his contract and the danger of him leaving in the summer . . . Well brace up guys, Kakuta may well be gone in the summer. What a shame!

He starts tomorrow though.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by mykali(m): 7:05pm On Oct 15, 2010
Nateevs, it seems Drogba has an illness and will not be playing tomorrow. It's not an injury. He should be back for our next match.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2010
What's up with signing a toddler . . . . I'm not sure about this one
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chrisical(m): 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2010
Our casualty list is growing by the day.However,i expect the players to deliver the goods tomorow. As for kakuta,i believe he is now in the main squad much earlier than he expected.The quality of performance he puts in games might determine if he would be offered a fresh contract.I expect Carlotti to hold on to him though.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2010
Bros what are you saying? Signing a new contract is in Kakuta's hands. Not the club's. I don't think Kakuta wants to stay; exactly what I have always been afraid of.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chrisical(m): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2010
Is he struggling to realize he is the future of chelsea?It would be a disaster if he leaves but i still expect him to stay.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by mykali(m): 9:33am On Oct 16, 2010
I hope Kakuta doesn't think he's too important or that we can't do without him.
I've seen his brilliance on the ball and i'ld like him to stay. But he shouldn't be giving conditions.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 17, 2010
To hell with Kakuta, he's just a flash in the pan.
We really should have added another decent striker during the summer.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2010
BlueDiva:

To hell with Kakuta, he's just a flash in the pan.
We really should have added another decent striker during the summer.

Come on Diva. .
To call Kakuta a flash in the pan in way out of order.
He is a teenager. . . and teenagers have their different levels of development.
I have watched Kakuta and Josh for about 3 years now from Youth to Reserves. . . .and I can say that Kakuta's game is based on pace. He likes to run into space always.

Josh on the other hand has the natural ability to play in tight spaces. The more space, the better for him.

Chelsea's new style of play reduces space for midfielders. . Kakuta tries to run but the spaces don't exist.

Kakuta needs to learn another aspect of play and really quick. Fans are longer as patient as they used to be. . but to give up on him as a flash in the pan is wrong. . .

Remember Malouda?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2010
Meanwhile Everton is 2 up on Liverpool. . .
Hogson is going out the door with the former Americans next week.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2010
Kakuta needs to go out on loan to understand how the prem works.

Look at Wilshere. He wasnt so brilliant on loan at Bolton, but he learnt so much, now hes one of the best at Arsenal.

McEachran made a mistake yesterday also. That kind of mistake will be straighterned out with a loan spell.

As for Kakuta, seeing how he had no regard for Lens when he left to join Chelsea, I doubt he will have regard for us also.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dayokanu(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2010
Bayern is watching with interest
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2010
Ibime:

Kakuta needs to go out on loan to understand how the prem works.

Look at Wilshere. He wasnt so brilliant on loan at Bolton, but he learnt so much, now hes one of the best at Arsenal.

McEachran made a mistake yesterday also. That kind of mistake will be straighterned out with a loan spell.

As for Kakuta, seeing how he had no regard for Lens when he left to join Chelsea, I doubt he will have regard for us also.

While I believe no single player is bigger than the club, I sincerely will not want to see him leave. Loan may not be the only answer to how he has to learn.

Jack Cork, Ryan Bertrand, Michael Mancienne, Scott Sinclair, Jacob Mellis have all gone on loan year after year, they still haven't broken into the first team. They still haven't learnt anything or maybe they are not good enough.

Wilshere went on loan but Fabregas didn't. . because Wenger decided to give him games. I think it's more of who is good enough.

Kakuta and Josh are good enough. What they need is a number of games and a lot of patience. A terrible mistake by Josh yesterday it was but so was the one by Ramires against City.

Don't know if Kakuta will stay, I hope he does. . . but I know Josh and Gael will break into the team.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2010
Blackpool v ManCity. . .

What a game!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chrisical(m): 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2010
^extraordinary it was.We are now only two points clear of city. City face arsenal next sunday and if we beat wolves on saturday,its certain we would gain points on either of those two. Seems we are short of a decent back-up striker.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 9:03am On Oct 18, 2010
I watched Kakuta during the last U-19 Euro championship (which France won and he also bagged the MVP award) and I can say that he was a completely different player. Sometimes I think his style is completely different from the way we play.
Also, I think he operates better just behind the strikers up front and not on the wings.

@BD, how can you call him a flash in the pan? shocked na. . .he is anything but that!

I think he needs more games (maybe not necessarily starting) and if he doesn't step it up, well, Lotti can make his decision.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 9:30am On Oct 18, 2010
FBS:

I watched Kakuta during the last U-19 Euro championship (which France won and he also bagged the MVP award) and I can say that he was a completely different player. Sometimes I think his style is completely different from the way we play.
Also, I think he operates better just behind the strikers up front and not on the wings.

@BD, how can you call him a flash in the pan? shocked na. . .he is anything but that!

I think he needs more games (maybe not necessarily starting) and if he doesn't step it up, well, Lotti can make his decision.

You have to have watched Kakuta a lot to come to that conclusion. . .
I remember calling Kakuta a central-midfielder sometime ago and Ibime laughing. . .

The way Kakuta played in the U-19s is the exact way and role he played in the youth and reserves.
He used to be the best player in the reserves and he had a free role most times to play in the middle in the years of JM, Grant and Scolari.
His game is based on pace. He hasn't learnt to play on a spot. He has to be running. . There must be pace in the game.
He now needs to learn how to play one touch football and play in tight spaces, something Josh can do by default.

And let's not forget he was out for almost a year from a broken foot. . Got banned for extra months shortly after he came back. Now he is in the last years of his contract, there will be a gazillion people whispering into his ear about where and where not to go and sign. . . Wenger will prolly have his number on speed dial as well. , Y'all knoww how he is with kids.

He has been through a lot for a kid. . . He will come through. He needs to sign that contract first. Every other thing will follow in due time. . I however believe Josh will break in before Kakuta.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2010
Our squad is withering.
Ramires is supposedly out of tonight's match.
On the plus side, Kalou is back.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 9:53am On Oct 19, 2010
Yes I heard yesterday Ramires is out.
That, may be good news as Zhirkov will come into midfield alongside Mikel and Essien.
The combination of Cole, Zhirkov and Malouda on the left of attack is a fierce force.
That will also foster more creativity than what we've seen in the past few weeks.

Kalou's return is also a plus. Drogba's back as well.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2010
Touche on the combination of Cole, Zhirkov and Malouda.

Although, Cole and Essien are are big doubts for this match.
Cole has ankle problem. Essien is fit but they are weary of this pitch considering he's had 2 serious knee injuries in recent times
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2010
Lotti should still be able to name a decent squad.

@nateevs, I agree with you on most of your points on Kakuta.
I just pray those two (Josh and Gael) come through the ranks.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
Kakuta can only play with plenty space in front of him.

@ Nateevs,

That's not me definition of a central midfielder. Playing in the hole, maybe. On the wing, maybe, but he lacks the awareness to play in tight spaces. He always runs into trouble. Not necessarily a bad thing if you can employ him in the right position. He reminds me of my boy Adel Taraabt at QPR.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 20, 2010
@FBS and nateevs,

Don't blame me for my comments about Gael.

I expect so much from him and he ain't delivering.
I mean, this is the much rated Kakuta who almost caused us a 2 year ban, let him justify all that wahala.

Kudos to us for winning last nights game.
Personally, i feel we lack bite without Drog this season.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 7:34am On Oct 20, 2010
A professional performance last night.

Cracking goal from YZ!! and good to see the young boys getting valuable minutes under their belt.

@BD,
I get your point but you must also consider what the lad went through. . .he is a young boy remember. You just need to watch him and understand his game. I just hope he does not leave for L'arse.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dyabman(m): 10:14am On Oct 20, 2010
I concur with BD's comment on Gael , but we haven't seen much of him lately but i know he is still going to explode maybe at Chelsea or maybe-not,

@FBS

Guy how far now, you see that Josh na killer , Mikel sef don dey wake up small small, i miss Ramirez yesterday, and don't you think something was wrong with Anelka yesterday?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2010
You guys should give Gael time. It's one thing for a player to be bad (which is definitely not Kakuta's case) and it's another thing to perform "above" expectation. The boy needs time.

@dyabman,
Josh IT IS! It's the boy's level of confidence that is even mega amazing to me.
Mikel has stepped up his game and I won't be surprised if he wins Chelsea player of the year if he continues like this. cheesy

Anelka I believe is trying his best just as he can be irritating sometimes. Same goes to Florence.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2010
What happened to anelka. His overall contribution and game play has dwindled significantly . . . .completing a simple five yard pass has

become a weekly struggle for him.

DD isn't far behind anelka in terms of lacklustre ball retention neither, leaving kalou as the only player capable of bringing composure

and stability to our attack as malouda too don dey mess up in that regard. . solution drop anelka to the bench and play malouda/zhirhov-DD-kalou upfront.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by ritchboy(m): 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2010
Kakuta can only play with plenty space in front of him.

So basically, Kakuta is Walcott in disguise? cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (109)

Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 3) On 26th April 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 1st January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.